Re;Zero

Evan Mitchell
Evan Mitchell

It's really funny how quickly Subaru falls in love.

I mean, the fourth loop doesn’t count, because he spends most of it in bed or with Beatrice. So he really only had three loops with the maids. That’s, what, twelve days? Twelve days cutting vegetables, sewing clothes, gardening, reading and writing, and he loves them? Bearing in mind that he learned not long ago that for pretty much all twelve of those days, they were playing him like a fiddle.

So naturally, when Subaru declares his love for them, I’m just embarrassed for him and for Emilia too.

All urls found in this thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylFzJ3wRgHw
http://ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSrAt2MUTP4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDqblvBdHY0&list=PL3E530944EDD9F828&index=181
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujo7V9m0gk
http://re-zero-anime.jp/news/#news-61
http://sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=127657
Andrew Brooks
Andrew Brooks

It's really funny how quickly Subaru falls in love
Not particularly

William King
William King

He's a self-loathing, cripplingly depressed autist who just wants to be loved, so he latches onto anyone who shows him hospitality, and confuses it for love.

Juan Brown
Juan Brown

cripplingly depressed
No he's not. He may be depressed, but not "cripplingly"

Christian Nguyen
Christian Nguyen

Nigga spent half a week sitting in bed feeling like shit in the fourth loop until best Loli dragged him into her library for the night, I suppose.
But still, that's some serious fucking depression there.

Tyler Wood
Tyler Wood

Wait, he loves the maids? I thought he loved Emilia? I just saw this as an exaggeration by the translator.

Camden Evans
Camden Evans

He loves Rem and Emelia. He said something about taking Rem as his second wife if Emilia let him, because his heart belongs to Emilia but he also loves Rem.

Jack Green
Jack Green

That's later you dumbass

Noah Fisher
Noah Fisher

let's make another thread dissecting the simple MC
Is this the same fucker who keeps making these threads?

Familial love. He craves for a family.

Owen Evans
Owen Evans

Reminder that the wise magical negro of the book did nuffin wrong.
400+ years ago: 6 witches roamed the world. They were calamity manifested, although they had no ill intent.
Ekidna, the Witch of Greed created the Sanctuary to shelter oppressed half-demihumans who had no where to go. She used the Sanctuary as a laboratory for various experiments including immortality. Ekidna creates Betty as her daughter spirit, and takes in Roswaal the First as her apprentice.

400 years ago: Satella became the 7th witch, and was driven mad. She killed all the other 6 witches and devasted the world.
Sage, Dragon, and Sword Saint defeated her but was unable to perish her existence. They sealed her.
The Dragon sheltered Ekidna's spirit in the Sanctuary, so she can continue to exist as a ghost. He did this to have a counter-measure in case Satella's seal is broken. Roswaal continues the research of immortality and devices magic to take over the body of his family line to exist forever, and vows to resurrect Ekidna. Betty becomes the guardian of the library, waiting for her mother's call to free her from her position.

100+ years ago: Emilia is born between a unnamed human and a elf. She is raised by her aunt. Emilia befriends Betelgeuse, who is a Witch Cult member but is kind and generous and harbors feelings towards Emilia's aunt.
However, Witch of Vainglory and Bishop of Greed attacks the elven village to take Emilia.
In the ensuing battle her aunt is killed, Betelgeuse is driven mad and Emilia's powers goes out of control and freezes the entire elven haven.

Leo Miller
Leo Miller

It kind of is an exaggeration, he likes them.

The show really is rushed, it would make more sense if it had been looping over a six week period or he was killed more than four times.
It'd be a long ass manga without a montage scene every 4 chapters though.

Bentley Torres
Bentley Torres

Well considering how the wise magical negro is now Subaru's Stand, I think it all works out.

Ryder Barnes
Ryder Barnes

maids are just barely holding themselves back from killing him every time they see him
Subaru decides he loves them for some reason and commits suicide to help them

Isaac Robinson
Isaac Robinson

Demi-Human War: A war that lasted for ten years roughly 50 to 40 years earlier. Due to the actions of the Witch of Envy, Half Elves and other half races were considered to be heretical, with the prejudice extending to Demi Humans themselves. Amidst all of that, a Demi Human village was involved in a conflict with a Human village, and at a peace conference those sent from the castle were assassinated, leading both sides to claim that it was the other side's fault. The conflict eventually grew until it spread across Lugnica, lasting until the Demi Humans admitted that it wouldn't benefit anyone to keep on fighting, though they still claimed not to be responsible for the assassination. The decision to end the war was considered to have brought about by the Sword Saint's actions. Damage from the war existed deep within people and people still harbor prejudice against half races even if it isn't spoken aloud.

Jaxson Johnson
Jaxson Johnson

Dirty secondary here who literally started watching today.
Explain what you mean by his stand.
Tell me sweet spoilers, user. I want to into the written stuff but Moon evades me harder than most because it'd be my fifth language now.

Matthew Diaz
Matthew Diaz

For fucks sake, can someone other than the samefag who is deliberately ruining threads with shitty OPs start a different thread? I am so sick of this retarded shit.

Nathan Baker
Nathan Baker

20~30 years ago: A great Demihuman war was fought between the human kingdoms and the demihuman kingdoms.
Wilhelm the "Sword Demon" makes a name for himself, and is hailed as a war hero. He falls in love with a girl named Teresia who is later revealed to be the current "Sword Saint". He manages to defeat her in duel, and proposes.

Gavin Allen
Gavin Allen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylFzJ3wRgHw

Gabriel Martin
Gabriel Martin

10 years ago: Teresia loses her power as "Sword Saint" in middle of the battle with the White Whale of Gluttony, and dies.
The power had transferred to the next generation of Sword Saint, Reinhardt, Wilhelm and Teresia's grandson. Wilhelm blames him for the death of his wife, and the two become distanced.

Aiden Moore
Aiden Moore

Am I missing something? Who are you calling magical negro?

Brayden Parker
Brayden Parker

The mansion is the first time he's had extensive close contact with other people.

Kevin Cox
Kevin Cox

It's okay, we're all secondaries here.

Ryan Brooks
Ryan Brooks

6 years ago: Emilia is released from her frozen seal and meets Puck. She contacts with Puck and vows to free her people from the icy seal. At an undetermined time later she joins the race for the Queen Candidacy.

Ian Gomez
Ian Gomez

Has Reinhard ever fought someone to death in the novel?

Wyatt Sanchez
Wyatt Sanchez

4~6 years ago: The oni village where Rem and Ram lived is attacked by the Witch Cult. Everyone is slaughtered, and the twins are taken in by Roswaal.

Gabriel King
Gabriel King

They die a gorillian times until they get Rienhardt involved to kill gluttony and greed. Turns out Subaru can absorb their essence and make their power his own. If I remember correct, which I probably don't, the Bishop of Greed basically haunts him and drives Subaru even more into insanity.

This entire LN is nothing but suffering, the author is a true sadist so buckle up.

http://ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/

Kevin Hughes
Kevin Hughes

Can you not see how wise and black he is?

Zachary Morris
Zachary Morris

Lovely ED.

Logan Ross
Logan Ross

frozen seal
So is this why her physical age doesn't correspond with her actual age
?

Jacob Rogers
Jacob Rogers

Dude.. Remember he´s a fucking NiNi. Those maids are probably the first female interaction he had (Excluding Emilia and the other loli)

Joshua Wilson
Joshua Wilson

Did he appear in the anime?

Dylan Barnes
Dylan Barnes

frozen seal
what is it with anime and seals

Gavin Hernandez
Gavin Hernandez

his heart belongs to the half elf, he just cares deeply for his friends. when you don't have many friends to begin with, you cherish those you get.

Gavin Thomas
Gavin Thomas

I recall, someone saying the mc got raped in one of his bad ends. Don't know if it was by a pedo clown or something weird, or if it's even true.

Aiden Wilson
Aiden Wilson

no ones going to read the LN because LNs are garbage you hipster fahggot

Tyler Fisher
Tyler Fisher

I want to feel Felt's felts.

Julian Roberts
Julian Roberts

you'll have to go through giant dad first.

Justin Turner
Justin Turner

It's really funny how quickly Subaru falls in love.

Because anime reach a audience that think: be virgin kissless is "perfectly normal and accepted" and romantic relationships are fucking hilarious or just degeneracy; and the that the entire industry goes by the same rules.

Lincoln Phillips
Lincoln Phillips

This is a great fucking question

Eli Gray
Eli Gray

Easy.

Charles Carter
Charles Carter

I hate and love how this mother fucker is constantly being jacked off by the Universe.

Juan Wilson
Juan Wilson

basically, he's a cuck

Justin Reyes
Justin Reyes

That’s, what, twelve days? Twelve days cutting vegetables, sewing clothes, gardening, reading and writing, and he loves them?

You never watched the first episode?

He´s anti-social Neet with Jesus powers in living in another universe of fuckable maids

Michael Hall
Michael Hall

In LN explain how get his resurrention power?

Jaxon Cox
Jaxon Cox

I've learned to never take light novel shit seriously. Drama always come off has completely unbelievable/extreme and you'd have to be an autist to try to make any sense of it. I'm just here for the qt girls.

Connor Bailey
Connor Bailey

the witch of envy gave it to him

Elijah Foster
Elijah Foster

And he still wearing tracksuits in 12 days

Nolan Gonzalez
Nolan Gonzalez

It's familial love. Not "love" love.

Jackson Miller
Jackson Miller

Really feel bad for Re:Zerp actually if the delays really follow through. Just when it gets the episode that it needs, that happens.

Aaron Perry
Aaron Perry

Can someone please explain this?

I really don't get it

Jackson Russell
Jackson Russell

He's a big guy.

Daniel Adams
Daniel Adams

Twink spellsword
even staggering giantdad

kek

Carter Miller
Carter Miller

Is Crunchyroll still advertising this as "KONOSUBA meets ERASED"?

Ethan Cook
Ethan Cook

dexfag

Lincoln Jenkins
Lincoln Jenkins

So what the fuck is Felt anyways? Human? Goblin? Some sort of Dwarf?

Henry Mitchell
Henry Mitchell

Over exaggerated.

He likes them as family. That's the truth right there.

Here's the thing. Subaru, for all intents and purposes has been really damn suspicious since he came to the mansion.

In the first timeline, it's still not that bad. But starting on the second timeline, that's when his "suspicious meter" started to be fucking retarded. Remember the episode where he came back to life. He suddenly knows where shit is and Ram noticed that. Now that is much more seen as well in the 3rd time line. Now he really stinks of the Witch's scent. Couple that with him still acting like nothing is wrong and walks around like he knows where shit is and stuff. Do you honestly think he is just someone who's innocent?

Luke Hughes
Luke Hughes

Bunch of faggots. Fucking idiots at Crunchyroll.

Eli Rivera
Eli Rivera

Why is Subaru in love with the twins?

Weren't they the ones holding his hands and shit or does this get explained in the LN?

Why do Rem/Ram hate him so much in their own loops?

Ian Ross
Ian Ross

No op or ed this episode just 25 minutes of suffering.

Alexander Ramirez
Alexander Ramirez

In the first timeline, it's still not that bad. But starting on the second timeline, that's when his "suspicious meter" started to be fucking retarded. Remember the episode where he came back to life. He suddenly knows where shit is and Ram noticed that. Now that is much more seen as well in the 3rd time line. Now he really stinks of the Witch's scent. Couple that with him still acting like nothing is wrong and walks around like he knows where shit is and stuff. Do you honestly think he is just someone who's innocent?

oh yeah, you are right

but i'm still not convinced on how he likes them so much to the point of commiting suicide when he spend only around 2 weeks with them.

Thomas Lee
Thomas Lee

let him reach the bonfire , so he may face his enemy never and let the girl die

Anthony Jackson
Anthony Jackson

It's familial love.

Jackson Bailey
Jackson Bailey

Why is Subaru in love with the twins?
Familial love.

Why do Rem/Ram hate him so much in their own loops?

Did you really watch the show or not? Everything was fucking explained in this episode.

Ethan Evans
Ethan Evans

but i'm still not convinced on how he likes them so much to the point of commiting suicide when he spend only around 2 weeks with them.

Because he fell apart with his real family. He wanted to start anew in this world.

Chase Walker
Chase Walker

He doesn't have powers she literally rewinds time for him back to wherever she feels like.

Anthony Foster
Anthony Foster

VLC

Carson Sanchez
Carson Sanchez

all these people that can't distinguish types of love
Are you all legitimately autistic?

Nicholas Reed
Nicholas Reed

I assume this is going to be addressed in the anime

Andrew Price
Andrew Price

Leave it to Japan to make suicide all cool and in style.

William Gutierrez
William Gutierrez

remember what board you're on

Levi Gomez
Levi Gomez

People can't get into context what do you expect.

Benjamin Jackson
Benjamin Jackson

Leave it to Japan to make suicide all cool and in style.
If they were really making a stylish Japanese suicide, he would have been wearing shoes so he could take them off like a true polite Japanese before jumping.

Levi Turner
Levi Turner

People conveniently forget the past episodes.

3 episodes, 3 fucking episodes to set up this one and people still ask what happened.

Easton Taylor
Easton Taylor

He's stranded in a crazy fantasy world where he has no idea what's going on. These two taught him to read, write, cook, clean, etc. and actually made him feel like he could belong here. That's the kind of love he meant. I don't know why most people seeing this scene interpreted it romantically. He outright says he loves them for all the things they gave him, and his real breakdown begins when Rem says they hated him this whole time.

Dominic Smith
Dominic Smith

Subaru's Stand
wut

Joshua Barnes
Joshua Barnes

Well if you're going to kill yourself, might as well make it dignified.
Wouldn't want to die with your pants off and shit running down your legs, would you?

Nathan Murphy
Nathan Murphy

Well, The Anime Man just made a video on Re: Zero and ironically enough, he didn't shit post on the show but explained the fundamentals of Subaru's time supposed loop.

Logan Young
Logan Young

It wasn't romantic love but fried/family type one, retard

Eli Perry
Eli Perry

The Anime Man just made a video
Kill yourself

Carson Young
Carson Young

Because for Sup Forums, any guy that says love to a girl means automatically romance, even if the show clearly shows differently.

Tyler Lopez
Tyler Lopez

Fuck off

Austin Sanchez
Austin Sanchez

The Anime Man
The same one who made the LP of Sachiko's Birthday 2U?

Austin Murphy
Austin Murphy

I really can't see how Rem manages to fall in love with Subaru considering the witch's scent on him in this timeline is pretty big. Even though Subaru saves her life I wonder if she still harbors any suspicions.

Eli Green
Eli Green

There has been no talk of Al for the past threads.
DO YOU FUCKERS NOT PRAISE THE FUCKING SUN!?

Nolan Robinson
Nolan Robinson

Rom the vacuous spider looking over felt makes my heart feel something long lost.

Brayden Thompson
Brayden Thompson

Again with this shit? Why do you fucks not realize that LOVE dosn't have to be from a romantic standpoint. He meant to say he cares for both of then, not that he wants to have sex with then.

Grayson Sullivan
Grayson Sullivan

Last time he ran for the bonfire, he got stabbed.

Ayden Campbell
Ayden Campbell

Just looked him up on youtube.

At least it's not the fat tooth less johj youtuber.

Isaiah White
Isaiah White

Who's is that? Is he sounds like some walking abortion.

Owen Myers
Owen Myers

Typo
*He sounds like some walking abortion.

Joshua Williams
Joshua Williams

Are you saying he's gay?

Christian Ramirez
Christian Ramirez

YT anime critics
go figure

Lucas Ross
Lucas Ross

He doesn't even need the sword. A punch will be enough.

Caleb Ross
Caleb Ross

Who's is that? Is he sounds like some walking abortion.
Truer words has never been spoken, also you owe me user, i feel dirty just trying to searching for him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSrAt2MUTP4

William Jackson
William Jackson

Are those even critics at all? They are almost willing to praise anything.

Jacob Murphy
Jacob Murphy

can you link pastebin?

Angel Torres
Angel Torres

awww shit it's the fat fuck

Brody Fisher
Brody Fisher

Oh god, it's more hideous than an abortion. Oh well, have a Rem since I owe you.

Owen Stewart
Owen Stewart

some are legit talking with sense, but listening to this is jut cringy as fuck anyway.

Nicholas Ramirez
Nicholas Ramirez

He has alot more teeth than i remember...

Looking at his old vid's you can see it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDqblvBdHY0&list=PL3E530944EDD9F828&index=181

Atleast he now got a set of working gums.
Now he should get something done to his malformed face.

Charles Jenkins
Charles Jenkins

If all the horrible, sadistic despair ends up turning to a happy ending, who do you think our poor, PTSD hero is gonna end up with?

Jason Robinson
Jason Robinson

Satella

Josiah Scott
Josiah Scott

A nice, happy harem.

Isaiah Lopez
Isaiah Lopez

They are almost willing to praise anything.

Hit the nail on the head.

They start the season by hating all the shows actually. I'll admit there are some times where their reasoning in reviewing a show is actually correct, but most of the time, it's bad.

Thomas Foster
Thomas Foster

He gets plenty of happy endings
They just all turn to ash once he dies.

William Lewis
William Lewis

You know full well either Satella is the halfbreed with time shit or she's gonna end up eating it by the end.

Nathaniel Barnes
Nathaniel Barnes

Wow, that sure is a lot of backstory for a generic harem.

Aaron Wood
Aaron Wood

How many times did Subaru die in total in the counting from vol 1 to the last?

Jacob Lewis
Jacob Lewis

Samuel Russell
Samuel Russell

harem
First of all shitposter-Kun, every girl in the story is taken, hates him, or is in a coma with her soul being fucked up

Thomas Wright
Thomas Wright

Why does Emilia introduce herself as Satella to Subaru when she first meets him? And why does she react weirdly whenever he says that name? Doesn't she hate being called that?

Parker Ward
Parker Ward

Did you forget that he's a shut-in? I bet that if you spent 12 days living with two cute twin meidos you'd also fall in love with them.

Michael Hall
Michael Hall

Why didn't I watch the show? I don't understand what people are talking about.

Jordan Garcia
Jordan Garcia

She was testing to see just how much he knew.
Think about it, he's calling himself a foreigner but he doesn't even know basic world lore such as Satella who violently fucked the world up.

Grayson Cook
Grayson Cook

But she seemed like she liked it when he called her that.

Jack Collins
Jack Collins

The main character is a gay?

David Moore
David Moore

When she asked him to call her that, she did, because that's the only name he had for her.
When he met her and called her Satella out of the blue it was like calling her NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER out in public due to being a white haired half-elf just like Satella.
That and we don't know the full story anyway.

Benjamin Gonzalez
Benjamin Gonzalez

What the... Are you serious? How is his smell then?

Adrian Phillips
Adrian Phillips

Is Felt going to show up in the next arc? She was the real star of the show.

James Rogers
James Rogers

Why does Satella love MC so much?

Christian Ramirez
Christian Ramirez

Yes, she and her husbando Reinhardt show up.

Jack Martin
Jack Martin

He reaches the point where he smells so bad that he mindbreak ahegaos the maids with his scent alone and then keeps them as his cockslaves.

Zachary Thompson
Zachary Thompson

Can somebody help me understand this? I know there was a witch for each sin, and that Satella took over as the witch for envy, despite having two personalities. But I can't seem to find who was the former witch of envy. Has it just not been revealed yet? Since I'm only going off spoilers here I feel like I'm missing something.

Grayson Jenkins
Grayson Jenkins

Satella looks exactly like Emilia, by the way.

Adam Reyes
Adam Reyes

For the enth fucking time, he didn't fall in love. He means that he loves them as people dear to him. If he had fallen in love then Rem would be living happily with her growing family.

Luis Johnson
Luis Johnson

The wild ride can't get worse than this right?
right?

Isaiah Roberts
Isaiah Roberts

I read up to Vol 3 yesterday, where is the Suburu Jackie chan meme coming from? Does he get a buff in the anime?

Blake Gomez
Blake Gomez

Who would win in a fight between Suburu and the Undead chosen in Dark Souls?

Logan White
Logan White

people asking questions that are answered if they watch the show

What did they mean by this?

Connor Nguyen
Connor Nguyen

I want to hug Subaru and tell him that everything will be daijobu and that even if no one will believe him, I will, and so long as I live, I'll never let him get hurt. ;_;

I'm not even just parroting Rem's words for the sake of edge, Subaru needs hugs stat. I want to protect him.

Brody Morales
Brody Morales

She doesn't. He's just like a lost dog who helped her right now.

Ethan Hernandez
Ethan Hernandez

If a black hole would appear near Earth, you may feel its gravity, it would be probably a pleasant feeling, as its tidal force would pop your joints.
When it starts to suck you inside, the tidal forces will start to rip you apart, because your head is just a little bit closer to the Hole than your feet.
Just so you know, and i thought it would be a nice metaphor.

Christian Jackson
Christian Jackson

Is Crunchyroll still advertising this as "KONOSUBA meets ERASED"?
Whut?, there is a link or image?

David Richardson
David Richardson

Inb4 Emilia has been Satella all along and she's just ruse cruising Subaru so she can mind crush him / make him fully willing to become her warlock husbando when they're done breaking her powers out.

Connor Anderson
Connor Anderson

So I read somewhere that Subaru's reincarnation is actually just him getting ported to a parallel timeline(his save point), so to speak, but everything that happened up to his death is still true for that timeline.

If this is true, can someone shed some light onto what happened after he died each time?

James Lopez
James Lopez

Why does this fucking mc fall in love with literally every girl he meets. Trash writing.

Samuel Phillips
Samuel Phillips

Well after each time hes died he is then dead.

Henry Edwards
Henry Edwards

Arc 4 goes into detail about this when he's captured by the witch cult. You'll see how Beatrice and Rem react to him killing himself in this episode and a bunch of other minor flashbacks, usually while he's being tortured to death.

Daniel Jenkins
Daniel Jenkins

not falling for any female that is even remotely nice to you

Do you even Hikineet?

Benjamin Cook
Benjamin Cook

She would have the front seats, if it were the case.

Justin Diaz
Justin Diaz

So these people are just baiting now, right? Surely there can't be this many people with comprehension problems on Sup Forums.

James Anderson
James Anderson

No way.

Chase James
Chase James

Ive become convinced this is the case, I refuse to believe there are this many retards among us.

Joshua Roberts
Joshua Roberts

I have crippling depression and literally no sense of self worth and this author fails to write a believable character with those problems. OP his character is just terribly written, no need to overthink it.

Adrian Cox
Adrian Cox

That's an option with maximum suffering for all involved. I rike it, especially if twisted Rem serves as their battle maid/Subaru's mistress.

Final fight is Reinhardt v.s. Satella/Subaru

Dominic Collins
Dominic Collins

It's just Satella guiding you through the path of suffering so you can turn into a perfect husbando

Sebastian Gutierrez
Sebastian Gutierrez

I'll take that as a "It will get worse"

Leo Green
Leo Green

Dude the writing is just bad for this show.

Cooper Davis
Cooper Davis

Oh, okay, that sounds like fun. More suffering ahead.

Easton Diaz
Easton Diaz

I didn't mention writing at all you idiot. I said there are people who don't understand the concept of different types of love. That has nothing to do with the writing being bad or not.

Angel Morales
Angel Morales

Yep. He dies a shit ton during Arc 4. Like his death count skyrockets from a couple dozen to a couple hundred. It's a pretty hopeless situation.

Nicholas Rogers
Nicholas Rogers

the problem with his character is that he is completely unbelievable.

Zachary Williams
Zachary Williams

Bearing in mind that he learned not long ago that for pretty much all twelve of those days, they were playing him like a fiddle.
That wasn't completely true. Girls who secretly despise you don't do nice things like give genuine smiles or hold your hands to calm you down after a nightmare.

Brody Brooks
Brody Brooks

I guess this is the "ask stupid questions that were probably already answered" thread.

So why exactly didn't Subaru just say he didn't know anything about Rem's death when he was in the room with everyone else? He said something about how he thought Rem was the shaman, but I don't see how that relates to him claiming innocence?

I pretty much understood everything else, but that point doesn't make sense.

Jaxon Clark
Jaxon Clark

So basically...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujo7V9m0gk

Samuel Thompson
Samuel Thompson

There's nothing is the story so far that would make this sorry ass MC be in love with them. There's different types of love but the one he is using barely fits the scenario.

Jayden Richardson
Jayden Richardson

So why exactly didn't Subaru just say he didn't know anything about Rem's death when he was in the room with everyone else?
PLOT Convenience. Get used to it because that's pretty much the story of Re:Zero.

Jackson Bailey
Jackson Bailey

I've spoiled myself on as much as possible.

There's no reason at all to believe there's even going to be a bittersweet ending to this, is there?

Even the Greek Pantheon would look on with abject horror at the shit Subaru is forced through.

Owen Murphy
Owen Murphy

Because he's not that type of person. He knew something, but he didn't know who did it.

He can't lie. He just can't.

Hunter Moore
Hunter Moore

Because he did know.
The reason she died was because he didn't take the bullet of the curse.

Levi Taylor
Levi Taylor

Does Ram actually like clown cock?

Juan Ward
Juan Ward

He can't lie. He just can't.
Plot convenience, just like the MCs personality that falls in love easy, like the author controlling when the save points come up instead of the story.

Caleb Cruz
Caleb Cruz

Yes

Jackson Myers
Jackson Myers

I mean, before she retroactively becomes an only child.

Sebastian Moore
Sebastian Moore

So basically he thought that someone is supposed to die after the fourth night, and since it wasn't him, he's responsible for Rem's death?

Brody Collins
Brody Collins

There's no reason at all to believe there's even going to be a bittersweet ending to this, is there?

Of course not user. It won't be a bittersweet ending - it'll be a tragic ending.

Subaru was never the hero of this story, that role is given to Reinhardt. This is about Satella building a villain from her husbando from the ground-up, and it will end in a fittingly tragic sense. The best-case scenario is that we have something like wherein everyone survives, but are totally broken spiritually.

Other possibilities includes having Subaru being stuck in this timeloop as Satella's plaything for an eternity. (i.e. after the cast's final climactic confrontation with Satella he winds up right back at the very beginning again, repeat forever).

Benjamin Cook
Benjamin Cook

like the author controlling when the save points come up instead of the story.

Satella is watching everything through Satella's eyes and is controlling the save points for maximum despair.

Dylan Ramirez
Dylan Ramirez

Fucks him for mana every day. MC has a broken mana gate so he can't satisfy her.

Mason Peterson
Mason Peterson

Other possibilities includes having Subaru being stuck in this timeloop as Satella's plaything for an eternity.
UWAUWA

Camden Rodriguez
Camden Rodriguez

Satella is pretty much the author. I hate the type of stories where the author places a god self insert to make his story easier to write. Satella's actions make no sense, why does she want to give despair to the man she likes? Even for a yandere this is retarded.

Noah Gutierrez
Noah Gutierrez

Satella building a villain from her husbando from the ground-up,

She's so far gone from Yandere I'd even rather have that fucking moth girl trapping me in a timeloop instead.

This bitch doesn't love him, she loves making him suffer and twisting the dagger even harder claiming she's doing it all for him.

I want to believe at the very least Subaru will find a way to stick it to her but it's clear his role in this story is cosmic butt monkey. The most horrific case of that. In the end even if she does somehow brainwash him into serving her he won't last any longer than he has before even with all the power he's accruing.

Robert Powell
Robert Powell

Why would this be a romantic affection? He loves them, and Bea, and the whole setting.

Anthony Young
Anthony Young

I just want clown cock to be the mc.

Ian Nguyen
Ian Nguyen

I don't think this author is a sadist but a fucking masochist. He gets on with making his own main character suffer.

Ian Morgan
Ian Morgan

why does she want to give despair to the man she likes? Even for a yandere this is retarded.

She wants to break him so that he'll be able to be with her forever, despite her basically being Satan and Hitler combined.

That, or trying to break him is the way that she confirms his love for him, i.e. she fell in love with his courage and stalwartness in the face of despair in another timeline.

Makes sense to me anywho.

Gabriel Barnes
Gabriel Barnes

YFW Satella is the author.

Ian Wilson
Ian Wilson

You have goood taste user

Ryder Nelson
Ryder Nelson

implying women don't all try to twist you into their ideal

Her love is just a little bit heavier than most, shes still best girl even then.

Kevin Green
Kevin Green

Came just for the Absolute madman meme shop
Found nothing.
Heh

Logan Stewart
Logan Stewart

Shit like this is why I'm absolutely OK with being alone.

Besides the real problem is that very few women are capable of exploiting godlike power and are more than happy to waste it just grooming someone like that.

Juan Cooper
Juan Cooper

Why doesn't she let him talk about it? Why does she care if he can tell other people? Fuck this story.

Nathan Gray
Nathan Gray

implaying men doesn't do them same towards their girlfriend / wife

Hunter Russell
Hunter Russell

This. I can confirm most of my girlfriends will date terrible (but physically hot) people and try to warp them into their own tastes using sex and love as an incentive, then get all upset and cranky when, surprise surprise, they don't change or their relationship breaks down down-the-line when they regress. They'll date people with hobbies they actively hate, then try to make it a 'it's me or [x]!' thing.

It doesn't work like that. You have to like them already, but most women think that way for some twisted, warped reason. I even find myself doing it sometimes.

Ryan Rivera
Ryan Rivera

She wants to be the one to do the reveal at the end of the story and mindbreak his friends. Probably after a major schism and Subaru is left alone with his vegetable waifu that everyone thinks is just his imaginary friend.

She's the witch of ENVY. What did you expect?

Julian Long
Julian Long

That applies both ways retard. Women just have an easier time doing it than men.

William Rodriguez
William Rodriguez

I remember him lookin worse

Kevin Clark
Kevin Clark

How far is the manga in compared to the LN? I'm itching for some DanMachi is it at least past the Anime?

Oliver Lee
Oliver Lee

Manga is like 1 episode past the anime.

Oliver Collins
Oliver Collins

Rienhardt
Literally a plot device

All of my YES

He is such a likable OP Guy.

Christian Sullivan
Christian Sullivan

Felt becomes a Sword Saint apprentice when?

Nolan Russell
Nolan Russell

Facts:

1) Subaru is a pawn of the witch. It does not matter that he is doing her bidding without his knowledge.

2) The witch is using him by picking the save points. She is not choosing outcomes at random-- she has specific objectives that Subaru must accomplish. The witch will not let him take alternatives. He is already accomplishing her goal.

3) Him revealing his power would make him a suspect and make all of his goals harder to accomplish. If others knew about his power they would isolate him, kill him, or prevent him from doing anything. He smells like the witch already, and if they learned "he gets to repeat time until he achieves an outcome" they would easily realize that the outcomes are things the Witch wants.

Speculation

- The Witch's goal is to break the seal and to use Subaru to accomplish this. To do that she needs to get the power of the Sage, the Dragon, and the Sword Saint.

- Subaru is the Sage (or will become one by absorbing powers)

- Reinhardt is the Sword Saint.

- She wants to get Emilia to become the contractor with the Dragon.

These three people are key in her plot to gain her own freedom. If they are aware of her plan, they will be much harder to manipulate.

She is also the Jealous witch, she wants possession and dominion over him. Taking over Emilia is a likely goal.

Joseph Stewart
Joseph Stewart

I gotta say.

This is a hell of a twist on the idea of auto/quick-saving.

Parker Thompson
Parker Thompson

Honestly I hope the author let's Subaru have some kind of happy end.
This shit isn't fair to the poor kid.
Even if he just somehow gets Emilia locked in his loops with him or something, it's better than being all alone like this.
Kid deserves a happier end than most fictional characters in recent history already. I mean, he's been in the new world for what, a fucking week? and he's already having PTSD nightmares.

Sebastian Diaz
Sebastian Diaz

When will Subaru finally go fellate best Granddad and stop being so much of a shitter

How much more must he die before he can get to the good arc

Mason Rodriguez
Mason Rodriguez

You have to understand that 90% of people on this board have literally never had a conversation that lasted more than 5 minutes, or have had a deep enough friendship with anyone where they would understand this context of Subaru's familial love.

Brody Hughes
Brody Hughes

Depends on how well equiped the undead is. Subaru with his magic and a sword will win against most pure melee fighters. The undead has status relieving miracles attuned, then the undead wins.

Carson Diaz
Carson Diaz

What I read is that the parallel universe that was shown to Subaru may or may not actually exist. The person who showed it don't know it either. I'm not sure myself though, just reading off of Sup Forums here.

Justin Allen
Justin Allen

Because that would be lying and some people are adverse to lying even if they hurt others in the process. Brutal honesty and whatever shit.

Colton Gutierrez
Colton Gutierrez

It takes most anons 5 minutes of screentime to fall in love with their next seasonal waifu so I'm not surprised.

Josiah Powell
Josiah Powell

Quick, post Betty

Chase Butler
Chase Butler

He already tried but has a terrible poker face. Also if he had admitted to knowing about the death in any way, he would be the first suspect to torture.

Eli Lopez
Eli Lopez

Is this the designated shitpost series of the season? Every thread has someone complaining 24/7 about MC not being perfect or not meeting their autist expectations of how someone should behave in that situation.

Adam Reyes
Adam Reyes

Why does she love Subaru in the first place user? Which timeline and why?

Jonathan Powell
Jonathan Powell

gateway to rebound sex user.

Brayden Flores
Brayden Flores

Every time i come to these threads, i get more spoilers, and every time i come back i want to get off this ride
Like, playing steins;gate was suffering enough, i don't need cosmic scale suffering

Christian Torres
Christian Torres

Maybe because people see how badly written he is?

Jose Nelson
Jose Nelson

Why the witch loves him in the first place user?

Parker Nguyen
Parker Nguyen

We don't know yet. It's subject to endless conjecture. There are theories that she's Emilia from another timeline, and Subaru was initially abducted (in that timeline) by the former witch of Envy, or one of countless other theories.

We'll find out in another few volumes, I suspect.

Dylan Ward
Dylan Ward

Nobody knows yet,
The books aren't done.

Easton Torres
Easton Torres

The anime man
I refuse to watch any of his autistic videos simply because of that cringey avatar and I bet he talks in a forced high voice that tries to emulate superiority or some shit fuck you

Jack Phillips
Jack Phillips

Basically this. If you can't like someone sans romantic desire, you'll be a fucking train wreck disliking them with it.

Gavin Bennett
Gavin Bennett

I'm at Arc 3. It's mentally draining and I decided to go to Sup Forums for some spoiler talks. How do you guys read this and not get your mind fucked up? Granted I just knew about this series like, 7 weeks ago and just read the novel for 5 days now, but still.

Andrew Campbell
Andrew Campbell

I think we may actually get a surprisingly happy end after everything, but that there's going to be a lot of suffering and twist and turns on the way.

The title itself is a bit of a clue-- it has the theme of starting from scratch. The intro is called "Redo" and the ED is called "STYX Helix" (referring to the constant back and forth crossing of life and death).

I fully expect there to be a speech with the title dropped. Because while the story does have a lot of bad outcomes and is pretty horrific, there is a chance to redo everything and start from scratch and it's a key theme.

It may also be one for the Jealous Witch. Because before she was known as the Jealous witch, Satella was actually described to be kind, and the Jealous witch was a different aspect/personality of her. So even she might get a chance at redemption. Satella may actually be Emilia, or the positive aspect of the Jealous witch.

This is all speculation and just my thoughts with my current knowledge, but I wouldn't be surprised if the finale was him going all the way back to the beginning and getting a final redo of every single arc, leading him to the absolute best ending.

But until then, lots of suffering.

Christian Howard
Christian Howard

This show is written for masochists and read by masochists.

if you aren't a masochist, you're gonna get your shit pushed in. If you're only in Arc 3, get ready for the crazy wild depressing ride. It only gets worse.

Daniel Flores
Daniel Flores

but I wouldn't be surprised if the finale was him going all the way back to the beginning and getting a final redo of every single arc, leading him to the absolute best ending.
He gets a single, final attempt to make everything right.
A single fuckup and everything goes awry.
No timeloops, no tricks.

Nathan Campbell
Nathan Campbell

I just finished Arc 3 like, 30 minutes ago and then read this thread. I need a smoke now. I'm a masochist but shit's fucking crazy.

Charles Reed
Charles Reed

You need to be a pure M to like this series.

Ethan Lewis
Ethan Lewis

Badly written
Stop the fucking plagiarism by using the same cristicism over and over again without a good enough backing.

Kevin Powell
Kevin Powell

Also, stop hoping. It always gets worse. They don't even build Subaru up to break him.

Arc 4 is hella depressing. He dies a hundreds or so times in that arc alone.

Chase Brooks
Chase Brooks

Where can I read the third manga adaptation? No matter how hard I look, no results. I've read the first two but truth of zero eludes me.

Everyone told me to read the manga instead but it BARELY goes further.

Ryder Hill
Ryder Hill

So let me get this straight.

This originally a WN then got adapted to a LN which then got adapted to a manga and anime. Then the LN translations got taken down but were barely done in the first place anyways right? So how far are the WN translations and is there some blog site for it?

Anthony Moore
Anthony Moore

As long as Betty keeps Subaru sane and he gets to win the girl in the end, everything will be Daijobu, I feel.
But I also feel once it's all over he's just gonna have a big, long cry.
Or Satella will just shit him back out in front of that convenience store

Michael Roberts
Michael Roberts

his character is all over the place

Jordan Young
Jordan Young

Or sadistic. I love seeing characters suffer.

Angel Flores
Angel Flores

"His character is all over the place," my ass. Please proofread your sentences. I can't take your criticism seriously unless you correct yourself, plebeian.

Robert Fisher
Robert Fisher

This is what closet Ms say.

Carson Ortiz
Carson Ortiz

How do you guys read this and not get your mind fucked up?

Because we are 18+ underage kun.

Nicholas Hall
Nicholas Hall

Lonely, eccentric NEET gets transported to a fantasy world where beautiful girls pay attention to him without asking for anything in return.

Of course he feel in love, nigga. What else would you expect? It's like one of us getting thrown into a 2D world where nobody is calling us losers.

David Miller
David Miller

Not him, but where are you guys reading this? From what I understand there aren't any LN translations, and I can only find the first 2 manga adaptations for some reason despite part 3 being over a year old

Asher Sanders
Asher Sanders

So does this actually have a good story? I can't enjoy my suffering porn without one.

Blake Bailey
Blake Bailey

But Subaru doesn't leave a corpse, user.

Michael Martinez
Michael Martinez

aren't any LN translations

Thats wrong but most people are probably deciphering moon glyphs themselves.

Chase Walker
Chase Walker

Can somebody just spoil me about Felt? She just got arrested for being and then nobody talked about it anymore? Please tell me she has some kind of relevance other than being Rikku .v2.

Angel Morgan
Angel Morgan

Find out for yourself. It's all subjective.

Connor Cruz
Connor Cruz

It's the most brutal version of Groundhog Day imaginable
And then it just keeps happening when he finally gets it right a week later
And nobody is allowed to be happy, at all
Forever.

Ayden Kelly
Ayden Kelly

From all the complaints this series might get, why do people insist on his exaggerated feelings? Do you have no concept of emotional distress?

It's surprising enough he isn't mad already.

Joshua Reyes
Joshua Reyes

Lonely, eccentric NEET
He is not that though. He is the son of a perfect man that chose to go NEET.

Tyler Sanchez
Tyler Sanchez

Nah, Satella will shit him back out in front of the Appa vendor at the end for MAXIMUM SUFFERING.

He'll be stuck in the greater time loop forever. Unable to even die, he'll continue wandering, trying to find a way out, only to discover that he's stuck there as Satella's plaything, forced to dance to her tune or suffer a pain worse than death. Forever. Endlessly. His purpose, memories, beliefs all gradually become indistinct in his despair over the years, and eventually, he gives up trying and stops thinking, stops trying, and becomes the villain. He starts destroying himself, the world, and eventually his former alter-dimensional friends in anger of the futility of the world with all the powers he's absorbed from the bishops (Satella would supply the mana), and at that moment, he'd finally stop looping, and Satella would live with her mindbroken husbando for the rest of eternity. He won't ever be able to go back, even after realizing that he's become a monster - he's destroyed everything he ever believed in and loved, and so, he gives in. He stops thinking about the reality of his situation, and fills his heart with Satella. Satella and Subaru live out the rest of eternity as tyrants in love.

Remember kids, this LN is about maximizing suffering for Subaru. Not about happy endings.

Bentley Evans
Bentley Evans

isn't mad already

I feel like he may very well have been mad from the start.

Jaxon Lee
Jaxon Lee

The touchstone only glows when people worthy of candidacy are touching it.
She's some kid who doesn't know her parents, is roughly 15 years old, and can make the touchstone glow.
It's entirely possible she's an illegitimate child of the king, making her a successor to the throne by genetics.

Christopher Flores
Christopher Flores

Some people can actually read moon.

Logan Anderson
Logan Anderson

Its cause its a fucking worthless harem. I love the actual story, but these fucking harem paths he has to choose is fucking killing me. I'm almost done with it.

Worthless virgin japs have to turn every anime into a fucking hatem so they can jerk off to multiple characters.

I wish I owned stock in Japanese lotion and tissue companies.

Mason Cox
Mason Cox

It was really obvious. She's a bastard child of royalty. She's now a candidate for the throne, like Emilia.

Did you not figure out the whole purpose of the touchstone, the whole reason why it actually was Emilia's license for candidacy?

Oliver Carter
Oliver Carter

Plots like this are far more suited to VN's or at least 1 volume story.

Xavier Watson
Xavier Watson

Emilia has been Satella all along and she's just ruse cruising Subaru
I wouldn't be able into even remotely handing this

make him fully willing to become her warlock husbando
But this I would love to see.

Jaxson Allen
Jaxson Allen

Witch of envy loves him and this is how that manifests.

Oliver Miller
Oliver Miller

wrong

Enlighten me user

Aiden Kelly
Aiden Kelly

That's some hardcore Dare Ye Venture Into My Magical Realm shit right there.

Oliver Rogers
Oliver Rogers

This. If this was in VN form it'd be probably as well-known as MLA, especially if you have a highschool pre-suffering prequel.

Xavier Rogers
Xavier Rogers

No, you see user.
Putting him out in the old world again is the worst ending you can give the kid.
All that love and heartbreak and pain only to learn it was for absolutely nothing.
With the appa vendor end he could possibly break the cycle and get a happy end.
If she just kicks him out of the time loop and back into his Hikki lifestyle he'll never even find love like he did in the new world, and he'll die alone because he didn't dick Satella and only Satella.

Wyatt Jones
Wyatt Jones

Oh good. Do you need to smoke, drink and fuck after reading this or that's just me?

Josiah Perez
Josiah Perez

Is it still suicide if you don't die?

Luke Parker
Luke Parker

mc falls in love with first 3 girls he meets
Dropped

Sebastian Diaz
Sebastian Diaz

Did it really glow? Didn't notice. I thought just having it would make them a candidate.

Kevin James
Kevin James

With the appa vendor end he could possibly break the cycle and get a happy end.

No the point is that it's entirely futile. There is no happy end. He's entirely within Satella's walled-garden, there is no success or failure, because those things are meaningless when Satella can kill you instantly at any moment, or almost any of the other characters if they act out of line.

Just to be kicked out of his timeloop wouldn't be anywhere near as depressing as being damned to an eternal existence bereft of hope, repeating the same events over and over and over and over again, eventually being broken between the gears of time and becoming the very evil he sought to defeat.

Nolan King
Nolan King

To be fair, there is a reasonable chance that on the first loop he didn't smell as much like the witch. Rem/Ram might have actually liked him that time.

Aiden Bailey
Aiden Bailey

First 3 girls
Emilia
Understandable. She's 2000% waifu material
Felt
Nope. He indirectly got her arrested and never mentioned her again.
Yandere guts chick
Subaru literally shits himself in her presence.

Jackson Anderson
Jackson Anderson

Use google translate bro, haha. But seriously, just buy Genki I and II from your nearest book store or Amazon, read all of it. Get some software like rikai, kanjitomo, or whatever shit, and then start reading.

In the beginning you'll stumble a lot and wrongly comprehend the subjects, but you'll get the gist of the book you're reading eventually and before long, you'll be able to understand the story enough.

It seems like there may be delay for episode 8-10. 3 weeks is enough to finish Genki 1+2 and start reading with software crutches.

Landon White
Landon White

Is it lewd?

Andrew Kelly
Andrew Kelly

It seems like there may be delay for episode 8-10
What.
WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN WITH THE SHOWS I REALLY LIKE THAT END IN FUCKING CLIFFHANGERS

Dylan Myers
Dylan Myers

If by lewd you mean watching this guy get his bleeding guts fondled by a machete-wielding Gurofag, having his arms ripped off and then his head smashed with a flail, getting his neck split, and using a (familial) love epiphany as reason enough to jump off a fucking cliff to impale himself on the rocky bottom below, then sure.

Gavin Murphy
Gavin Murphy

I don't get how any can possibly misunderstand what he was saying here.

Is this some kind of prank just to bother me?

It's like actual middle-schoolers are watching this and coming onto my Sup Forums to ask their idiotic questions.

Luis Reyes
Luis Reyes

Do they ever gas Roswall for trying to kill everyone twice?

Seriously, fuck that guy. Not only is he fucking Ram, but he's a huge prick too.

Xavier Gonzalez
Xavier Gonzalez

Honestly, as much as Subaru suffers, I don't think Satella means it. She wants things to go her way, but I don't think she wants him dying all the time and all this.
Her Husbando just isn't the smartest tool in the shed, and she has to constantly bail him out.
At least, that's what I'm feeling with it.

Christian Hill
Christian Hill

Yeah a VN would be way better for this.

Wonder how long this series it's gonna take to finish or if it'll be milked for ages like any other semi popular LN.

Jose Taylor
Jose Taylor

Well she is insane so I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Daniel Price
Daniel Price

Given that the author made best girl a vegetable, I'd fathom a guess that he'll finish it when he feels Subaru has suffered enough and his torture gore porn fetishes are fully fleshed out.

He doesn't care what people think of it. That's my impression.

Joshua Rodriguez
Joshua Rodriguez

It's called shitposting and baiting, something that has been common around Sup Forums for years. Not even surprised by this shit.

Julian Thomas
Julian Thomas

Jesus christ, too much edge with each passing episode.

Thomas Walker
Thomas Walker

Like, she loves Subaru, not "broken husk of a man who just doesn't care anymore" Subaru, right?
So why would she purposefully put him through all this torture on purpose?
The way I see it, the reason the loop curse hurts him if he tries to mention it is because Satella doesn't want to get him in even worse trouble, as something like that screams "magical lobotomy" if you mention it in public.
She might be a little nutty, but I'd wait until we get to meet her personally before we go on the "SHE WANTS TO MIND BREAK SUBARU LIKE MUH FATALPULSE DOUJINS" route at all times.
All we know she could be sweet as a peach and is trying her hardest to make sure her Husbando survives to meet her.

Josiah Gutierrez
Josiah Gutierrez

More than likely, didn't someone say that one of his LN he release was so masochistic that nobody bought it because it was suffering?

Isaiah Bailey
Isaiah Bailey

G-guys, Subaru will have a happy ending - riiiiiight?

Benjamin Sullivan
Benjamin Sullivan

It's people deliberately trying to ruin threads because they do not like people talking about any anime that has broad appeal.

I swear, Sup Forums is not even worth going to anymore. It's become worse than other anime forums.

And anime forums are god awful.

Colton Hernandez
Colton Hernandez

Go suck a California roll ShindoL.

Christopher Richardson
Christopher Richardson

Literally ow the edge the anime

Elijah Wright
Elijah Wright

What's more suffering?
Rem not remembering anyone , nobody remembering Rem but Subaru and Beatrice or it being revealed her love and encouragement in Arc 3 was just deception and self-sacrifice to lead Subaru astray ?

Jason Murphy
Jason Murphy

No doubt, I just can't help but cringe when he dies.

Juan Sanders
Juan Sanders

nobody bought it because it was suffering?

No, people still bought it, it was just lower than the expected sales number because the readers were felt so bad for the suffering of Subaru. But they came back after the most lauded chapter of the series "From Zero".

Cameron Perez
Cameron Perez

taken
I thought Reinhardt wasn't fucking Felt yet, an she doesn't seem to hate Subaru.

Liam Lee
Liam Lee

You've got people here even asking the same questions that has been answered by the episode itself. Why are you surprised.

Then their reply is "oh I must have missed that". Nigga the question you asked as answered in the first 5 mins of the episode holy shit.

Austin Walker
Austin Walker

they didn't buy it because they felt bad for a fictional character
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Samuel Bell
Samuel Bell

She's more than likely already trying to conceive his children in his sleep or when she gets queendom she'll be forcibly married to an old fat bald letch

Hunter Murphy
Hunter Murphy

I don't know why I come to these threads when I'm trying so hard to avoid spoilers. Maybe I'm just trying to defend it because I like it so much (I actually like it quite a bit), but I can't really accurately refute other people's points when I know about as much as Subaru. But some people are retards who can't distinguish familial love or how limited Subaru's perspective is, so I guess I can't help myself.

Christian Sanchez
Christian Sanchez

Not him but that's obviously not the case, they either just lost interest and read something else or it came out in a bad time.

Kevin Turner
Kevin Turner

I don't know about Subaru, but I know 404 girl won't.

Samuel Howard
Samuel Howard

Isn't his gate fine at this point of the story though?

Does her mana need have to do with her broken horn?

William Ross
William Ross

So is the suffering in this shit as bad as the last volume of hakomari?

Lincoln Murphy
Lincoln Murphy

Spoiler-kun keep giving me more. I need to know everything.

James Thompson
James Thompson

Is hakomari complete? Last I read was when waifu abandoned him cause he tried to kill someone.

Kevin Richardson
Kevin Richardson

Stop getting baited. But I really can't say that considering people from other places actually can't differentiate from the two as well. I was really surprised by that. I mean, now I know why shows just blatantly try to let their characters wear their emotions on a sleeve. A lot of people can't get into context really.

Evan Hernandez
Evan Hernandez

So Subaru getting kidnapped is Arc 4? So we're not gonna see it animated? Thats a shame, apparently it has one of the greatest moments of the series, and I wanted to see it. But then again, I guess this is doing reasonably well, and Kadokawa is definitely pushing it really fucking hard, so I'd bet a S2 is a lot more likely then other cases. It probably is just gonna take another year or two for the current arc and maybe the following one to wrap up. I'm not a LNfag and haven't read any real spoilers though, so what do I know.

Wyatt Stewart
Wyatt Stewart

Edgey is the most retarded and misused buzzword. If something isn't moeshit or idolshit and is slightly serious you all spam ow the edge. Before this episode you were all yelling "this isn't serious enough, i hate that travolta pose!" and then things get more serious and subaru starts to understand the gravity of his situation you all yell le edge meme. Ypu faggots don't know what you want. And I'm not even going to humour the autists who have no comprehension of the idea of platonic love.

Gabriel White
Gabriel White

fucking gr8 first three episodes
now MC dies every episode after doing absolutely nothing, and what little bit of plot development that happens means nothing once he dies
the comedy is just shit too once the same jokes are repeated every episode

Why is this shit liked so much? Is it supposed to get better on the 15th episode?

Ayden Murphy
Ayden Murphy

It's funny because I think one of the reveals will be that before the witch meddled with the world's future, Felt was originally destined to be queen.

So the original story would have been about Reinhardt and Felt. A master swordsman and a flat blonde loli princess. I mean, they are the standard fantasy duo with Reinhardt being the perfect protagonist.

However, the witch killed Felt's family in an attempt to kill Felt, who survived. So now Felt is a contestant and Reinhardt is her knight and they have the potential to course correct history.

But of course, the Witch has other plans and so our protagonist and Emilia take their place.

Nathaniel Lopez
Nathaniel Lopez

Nigga you are like a year late and there were threads for a while, it's all done now.

Gavin Sullivan
Gavin Sullivan

I honestly have no Idea how I missed that, guess its time to go finish it. Am I going to feel even worse than I did when she left him?

Caleb Carter
Caleb Carter

The LNs isn't even done with Arc 3 and that's 8 volumes.

Thomas Lopez
Thomas Lopez

I thought Reinhardt was the one that wanted to fuck Felt, not the other way around.

Angel Ross
Angel Ross

Fuck off, Urobuchi.

Caleb Long
Caleb Long

That's a mistranslation, it's platonic.

Aiden Nelson
Aiden Nelson

How far has the WN been translated? Would it be faster to learn Japanese?

Joseph Gomez
Joseph Gomez

"I love you" can be platonic as well. It's just American culture always assuming "I love you" means "I want to put my dick in you".

Matthew Martin
Matthew Martin

Oh the LNs are still on Arc 3 and the WN is how we have information on Arc 4. Fuck me I didn't know that. Shit, guess we'll have to wait longer for the suffering train longer then I thought. Though I anticipate the next 6 months of this will still be pretty great, I'm just a greedy bastard.

Jaxon Kelly
Jaxon Kelly

No, they really pussied out in the forums. It was too heart wrenching to read they said.

Lucas Ross
Lucas Ross

No. They really were heartbroken over it.

Easton Foster
Easton Foster

Considering how messy Arc 3 is, and from people here who told me in this very thread that Arc 3 is nothing and that Arc 4 is even more fucked up, I don't think there will be a Season 2 of this.

Think of it like this, list any mindfuck anime you've known. Does any of that have a Season 2? That's a bad analogy but still, I don't think commissioning a Season 2 would be a profitable decision for the commitee.

I'd be highly surprised and welcomed if I'm to be proven wrong in the next 2 or so years, but as it stands, having read Arc 3, I don't think this will get a Season 2.

Ryder Nelson
Ryder Nelson

I don't understand the hate for re:zero here, it's one of the best anime in years.

Levi Williams
Levi Williams

Honestly I hope Rein gets shat on by a loop, really fucking hard.
As much as I dislike how absolutely heartwrenching some of this shit ends up, that guy's hiding something. He's just too perfect.
That being said, I have my reasonings to think Clowndick is part of the reason Emilia starts drifting from Subaru later on. Remember how Clown commented on how if you lost your insignia you lost your rite to run for ruler?
Now think who all knows Emilia lost her insignia.
He's probably blackmailing her.

Lincoln Kelly
Lincoln Kelly

Not like my opinion means much but I've also heard this multiple times. I wish I had the sales numbers and some of the translated forum/futaba posts. We could make a pretty good reference chart.

Carson Perez
Carson Perez

He lacks empathy for fictional characters
I think you need to check yourself for autism, user.

James Clark
James Clark

I wish Roswaal didn't have weird fetishes. He actually looks good.

Gabriel Gomez
Gabriel Gomez

Probably, 80% of the volume is just straight suffering but the ending is nice though.

Dominic Jenkins
Dominic Jenkins

Or apathy.

Andrew Clark
Andrew Clark

That's a pig in clothing.

Carson Williams
Carson Williams

We won't get a second season anyway, it's already weird to get 2 cours for a LN adaptation, as it means Kadokawa invested a shit load of money, a 2nd season would be insane.

Kayden Gray
Kayden Gray

Does her mana need have to do with her broken horn?
Yes that's why she is complete shit while Rem is so much better.

Wyatt Bennett
Wyatt Bennett

Your reasoning is sound. I hope at the very least LN translations can resume or start up again. Otherwise I guess I have yet another reason to learn Nip.

Alexander Bell
Alexander Bell

Don't forget the extra they spent with a 2 part first episode and having no OP nor ED during most most episodes

Julian Howard
Julian Howard

The production for this series is already damn weird.

Sebastian Scott
Sebastian Scott

I hope we get an OVA of this.

Nolan Reyes
Nolan Reyes

Ram is pretty cute, her only bad aspect is being rammed by Kefka every night.

If Subaru could provide her with mana then we wouldn't have that issue.

What does Kefka wins from providing her with mana anyway? Aside from fucking a cute maid.

Oliver Bell
Oliver Bell

You post the exact same image with the exact same name every thread.

Have you even read it?
Is it good?

Tyler Jones
Tyler Jones

Aside from fucking a cute maid.
Does he need anymore reason other than this?

Alexander White
Alexander White

Man was gonna say these jap fags are such pussys then again i forget only young kids read these LN's.

Parker Richardson
Parker Richardson

It is revolved around the war of demihumans and the sword demon, Wilhelm. He and Thearesia, the previous sword saint other than Reinhardt brought somewhat of an end to the war.

Ryder Ortiz
Ryder Ortiz

Reminder that:

The show will be delayed for 3 weeks because of TENNIS

Kadokawa bought Yen Press so that this series will have english translations. Also the reason why there are no LN translations in the wild.

Someone in Kadokawa loves this series for some reason, that they skipped other stories that were higher in rankings and sure to make profit. Instead they somehow ok'd to animate this.

Landon Wilson
Landon Wilson

If you're somewhat serious on that, here's my post on the whole learning Japanese thing Basically, the only thing you have to be dedicated at and power-through is when you learn the fundamentals. After that it's just reading with software crutches. You won't understand a lot but you'll get better with time. Then you either read a lot and get better, or you give up.
Re Zero is a long-ass novel, you'll get through beginners level of japanese comprehension for sure, just from reading this.

Had I known about Re Zero from before the anime started, I would've been sure it will never have an anime adaptation. Solely based on the preconception that most anime of this kind only get 12 episodes, and there is no way to condense 3 arc into 12 episodes.

12 episodes finishing only on the second Arc is also not going to be a good promotion because there is very little world-building in the first 2 arcs, and the story basically only moved along 1 week.
They must've been pretty confident with the possibility of Re:Zero appeal to commissioned a 25 episodes anime. I wouldn't have thought that it'd be possible.

Thomas King
Thomas King

So when are the YP fags gonna release the LN's?

Would be cool of they did hard covers for it like Overlord too but doubt that.

Jace Rodriguez
Jace Rodriguez

June

Alexander Turner
Alexander Turner

*** * 99 of / ***, * 92 of (***, 901 pt) [*, ** 5 Reserved] 2016/06/24

Yeah I knew this will happen after episode 7. Especially after seeing the JP reactions to it.

Too bad TENNIS will fuck the rankings and sales up.

Joshua Brooks
Joshua Brooks

July actually. Then November for volume 2.

John Hernandez
John Hernandez

I appreciate the post about learning Nip, but I have been down the rune grind road, its just I stopped a few years ago after a few months in because I decided to go to college, and juggling learning a second language that was irrelevant to my studies (my college has no language credit or courses besides Spanish, French, Italian, and German) didn't seem like I was gonna be able to focus. Unfortunately as well, I've decided to start German recently instead of Nip, so I'm twice as screwed. I'll keep it in mind though for the promised day.

Christopher Rivera
Christopher Rivera

Ehh neat i guess, did they even localise manga as well? I'm sure that would make more money for them than selling the LN.

Eli Bennett
Eli Bennett

Goodluck. I would say if you have little time, it's always better to just spend more time reading and less anki-ing. Even if you can only read x amount of pages in x amount of hour.

Parker Moore
Parker Moore

Rezero rides on Bokumachi hype. Also adapted by the studio which does S;G. That alone is already a big advertisement.

Logan Roberts
Logan Roberts

But Bokumachi was shit

Juan Perry
Juan Perry

Bokumachi hype
It's not even the same type of show as Bokumachi.

Also Japan hated Bokumachi so much. Only the west liked it for some reason.

Dominic Hill
Dominic Hill

It doesn't matter. What matters is there's a popular anime with similar premise before.

Luis Jenkins
Luis Jenkins

Yeah they're doing both. I hope they do the EX spinoff for the LN as well.

Oliver Gutierrez
Oliver Gutierrez

Nah, was like the only thing worthwhile besides rakugo last season despite the ending sucking.

Ayden Gonzalez
Ayden Gonzalez

Only the west liked it for some reason.

Not even that liked since the last episodes disappointed plenty of people

Bentley Phillips
Bentley Phillips

Also Japan hated Bokumachi so much.
Citation needed.

That shit sold like 3k so can hardly seeing it being despised there not to mention it boosted the fuck out of the manga sales.

Austin Robinson
Austin Robinson

sold like 3k
good

That's fucking bottom of the barrel shit sales right there.

Of course it boosted the manga sales for those that never got into the series. Always has been that way. But the reaction the same and people were so dissapointed about it.

The author is also infamous for always failing in properly doing endings.

The overall reaction from readers was:

"The author doesn't know how to end the manga."
"As expected of the author, failed again."
"The the second part of the story doesn't make sense."
"The first half was so strong, why did it end up this way?"

Why the fuck do you think they were clamoring for the studio to change the ending?

The reaction was the same in the west. The second part sucked ass so bad it was funny seeing people call it a masterpiece halfway through its run.

Anthony Moore
Anthony Moore

Someone in Kadokawa loves this series for some reason, that they skipped other stories that were higher in rankings and sure to make profit. Instead they somehow ok'd to animate this.

Sounds good. Fuck the masses.

Brayden Green
Brayden Green

tfw this will have original ending like Akame ga Kill

Julian Allen
Julian Allen

Stop. Please.

Samuel Gray
Samuel Gray

I wouldn't be surprised if we make it further than people think.

Quite frankly, there is a lot of stuff in the WN that should be cut. Some of it was for the LN, but there are even more bad ideas and other things that just really have no place in the story or are poorly timed.

There is also a lot of redundant content. Multiple chapters/loops have nearly the exact same point and it becomes torture porn for a bit. That could be alleviated by just summarizing loops or doing a montage. Yes, it will have less of an effect, but it also will not be nearly as fatiguing as doing that many loops would be. It would also be able to off-screen or imply more of the brutality that they cannot show.

I also do not doubt that a second season is a real possibility. There will be more content for people to buy and this series has a lot of potential. There is also the potential tie-ins for a video game that I wouldn't underestimate, since this premise is very much a more anime mainstream take on Dark Souls, with great possibilities for merchandise tie ins and Kadokawa already owns From Software.

Even if they don't go the video game route, there's a lot of great merchandising opportunities and if the uptick from Ep7 carries over then I wouldn't be surprised for this to be a cash cow, through Manga, LN, BD promotion.

Nathaniel Hughes
Nathaniel Hughes

Can't wait for the garbage anime original ending.

Carter Nguyen
Carter Nguyen

uptick from Ep7
Won't happen. The uptick will die out because the next episode will be in 3 weeks.

Wyatt Robinson
Wyatt Robinson

I can't help but think that they greenlit a 2 cours adaptation so that the second half will be original shit.

Tyler Campbell
Tyler Campbell

series gaining traction
loldelays

Why do they do this?

Charles Moore
Charles Moore

It's better than waiting for another season that'll never happen and even translations for the LN's are on lock down since LNfags are such pussies compared to guys who translate manga.

Levi Brown
Levi Brown

He's doing God's work.

Carter Walker
Carter Walker

who cares, tennis is fun and possibly the best racket sport to watch

Jose Bell
Jose Bell

Everyone loves this series, except this contrarian board.

Leo Hernandez
Leo Hernandez

First 3 episodes would have been a nice Movie.

Cameron Ross
Cameron Ross

Translating LNs is a lot more work. With anime and manga, it's sometimes easy to tell when a translation is wrong because there's a visual element to the media, but with regular books, the reader is left to the mercy of the translator for the everything of the medium (except for the 1 or 2 illustrations in each chapter for LNs).

Zachary Perez
Zachary Perez

Only if Subaru isn't someone from alternate world.

I wish there's a show about neet in fantasy world.

David Reed
David Reed

If I were White Fox I'd find a way for sure to at least just delay it for a few hours instead of 3 weeks.

Show was hovering between top 400-600 in rankings. Then suddenly ep7 happens as is now at top 92.

Bentley King
Bentley King

It's not about which is harder to translate it's the fact that once something is localised only LNfags are the ones who pussy out and get rid of their shit. Like the manga for RE zero is still getting updates despite it being localised like the LN.

Robert Harris
Robert Harris

Maybe it will hurt more of the officials decided to delete their fantranslation?

Translating manga is easy as shit. Most of the effort is in typesetting.

Owen Young
Owen Young

I'm reasonably convinced this three week delay is just being parroted with no legitimate basis. I've seen nip links thrown around but I have yet to see any user who could actually read it react. Seems to just be people worrying over nothing. Three weeks would be an monstrous blow to any production.

Liam Jackson
Liam Jackson

7 episodes
Not even once has he thought about going home

I thought this shit was bad in Log horizon but what the fuck? They might as well just made it a straight up fantasy show from the get go.

Camden Evans
Camden Evans

http://re-zero-anime.jp/news/#news-61

That's because he doesn't want to you moron.

Owen Richardson
Owen Richardson

I think it is going to air in a different broadcast that does not have sports but comes a little later, or they pull out THREE EPISODES IN A ROW to make up for tennis bullshit.

James Howard
James Howard

Subaru wins hands down.

Every time the chosen undead gets Victory Achieved, Subaru just rezzes and they go at it again. Now, the same is true if Subaru wins, but the difference is, Subaru isn't controlled by a player. The player controlling the undead can ragequit the match. Subaru can't.

Luke Reed
Luke Reed

My understanding is that translating LNs also has a lot more legal repercussions and dangers then just translated manga anonymously/with a trip, dumping it here and then posting it on batoto. For LNs you have to host them somewhere, so you're easier to find, and theres a legitimate worry that you'll receive a lawsuit or cease and desist. I don't actually know dick though, this is all assumption from previous cancellations and stuff in my time, though I will say I haven't given half a shit about LNs until a few years ago, so I'm not well versed in its translation processes and defenses.

Bentley Anderson
Bentley Anderson

new universe has been nothing but suffering
cursed to endure suffering for eternity

someone rational would have realized it's not all fun and games and would try to get the fuck out by now

Joseph Baker
Joseph Baker

That's actually something done well. It should be conspicuous to the viewer that he never talks about or thinks about home. It is not his goal at all.

Because he hates his home life and his own situation in the real world. That is why he does not want to go back.

He wants to live a good life in the new world.

Not everyone cares all that much about Earth that they would not consider alternatives.

Particularly a shut-in who hadn't been alone with a girl since elementary school.

Luke Clark
Luke Clark

Manga has had a bad rep of bad official translations, so fans usually delicate more of their time to fix what the translation industry is ruining.

I guess some LNfags don't see the same thing with LNs as mangafags do with manga, though. LNs aren't as popular as manga, so any translation might have potential.

David Russell
David Russell

I hope you're right but how much later though. Isn't re zero airing in dead midnight?

Joseph Gomez
Joseph Gomez

Felt
you mean he helped them figure out she's royalty so they could announce her candidacy

Andrew Cooper
Andrew Cooper

Actually, Subaru would by all intents and purposes come out on top not because of simply attrition, but Satella would more than likely plonk his new return point after he eventually BTFO's the undead.

Asher Cruz
Asher Cruz

If he's from our world, he will screw up more and it will give a sense of despair. This is a torture porn anyway.

Nolan Gomez
Nolan Gomez

By LNfags you mean the people that have the ability to translate them? It takes more work to translate LN, less readers, and publishers and licensors are as aggressive, if not more, than manga publishers so, when it's licensed in the US, might as well just drop it. It's not worth the hassle most of the time bro.

Nathaniel Ramirez
Nathaniel Ramirez

Theres also the fact that since Subaru's revive is time reversal the Chosen undead isn't getting any stronger while Subaru is learning Undeads moveset and strengths.

Nathan Hughes
Nathan Hughes

Not him but I don't agree since niggerstream are awful with their translations and terrible scans, Viz are much better than their shit.

Brody Rogers
Brody Rogers

How is he bringing his Oni waifu back?

Elijah Martinez
Elijah Martinez

The legal repercussions are the same, but for some reason LN Translators know ass about how to hide their identities. They post their real email (attached to their real names) on their translation blog for people to contact them, and then they use their main paypal account for donations so that they can be easily tracked, etc. I chalk it down to the fact that almost no one actually read LNs (even translated ones) until just a few years ago so the TLs for LNs are still figuring out basic shit like this.

Manga scanlators have websites and host their own translations too (which are then usually uploaded to manga aggregators shortly after).

And then there's the sheer amount of text to translate. An LN chapter has honestly probably close to a thousand times the text that a manga chapter has. Add that to the fact that LNs are less popular than manga because manga is easy for slowfags and casualfags to get into, which results in less Epeen.

Eli Campbell
Eli Campbell

So Sup Forums, I need your help.
This show keeps leaving a gaping hole in muh heart just due to how depressing it is to watch Subaru fuck up over and over again.
What's a good, heartwarming animu to watch so I don't end up going to sleep sad?

Hunter Phillips
Hunter Phillips

Go read hakomari, its got similar time loop fuckery but is much more heartwarming.

Jeremiah Sanders
Jeremiah Sanders

Three weeks would be an monstrous blow to any production.
No shit. Especially now that the series is starting to gain traction. I'd be livid if I was White Fox.

Julian Fisher
Julian Fisher

I want to fuck Reinhard

Jack Jenkins
Jack Jenkins

They probably are.
What could they even do though?

Angel Sanders
Angel Sanders

I've pretty much watched every episode of Flying Witch this season with an enormous smile on my face. It just exudes peace. I dunno if it'd heal you up enough after just watching Subaru go splat but it should distract you a bit.

Austin Cruz
Austin Cruz

Add that to the fact that LNs are less popular than manga because manga is easy for slowfags and casualfags to get into

Yeah because LN isn't easy for slow fags and for casuals to get in to since they don't read actual novels hence the "light" term.

Hudson Anderson
Hudson Anderson

defeat the bishops
use the power to vomit her name and memories back into her shell
hope that she isn't too mangled from being a twisted, tormented soul for that long

And then some additional suffering that you should probably expect by that point, I imagine.

Joseph Hernandez
Joseph Hernandez

I really hated the last episode.
Girls can become witches!
Had to turn it off at that point, just plain retarded.

If any girl can become a witch, why isn't every girl a witch?

Christopher Lee
Christopher Lee

Gee whiz, I wonder what's easier. These picture books with like 20 words a page or a book filled with actual text?

Alexander Fisher
Alexander Fisher

You didn't like Chinatsu being thrilled at Makoto's sister's enabling her dream? She seemed pretty worried that Chinatsu woudln't be able to keep up in private. And Witches are supposed to be secret, can't have everyone brewing love potions and shit.

Ethan Thomas
Ethan Thomas

Honestly unless they already worked it out with the stations, nothing. Studios are slaves to them.

Ethan Lee
Ethan Lee

I've been watching it between episodes of Re Zero, but peace isn't helping much.
I need a DAWWW overload or something at this point.

Hudson Howard
Hudson Howard

Nah you was just making sound like LN's are hard to read or something like most aren't only 200 or so pages per volume while being written in manner towards kids/teenagers.

Isaiah Roberts
Isaiah Roberts

I just watched Jojo after Re Zero. Part 4 is comfy.

Lucas Nelson
Lucas Nelson

What the hell is wrong with this season and just instilling all this depression in everyone anyway.
Big Order might not be the best, but goddamn if the last episode wasn't cute as hell before eyepatchfag fucked everything up
Now we're getting a month long cliffhanger for TENNIS on this too.
Like what the hell.

William Sullivan
William Sullivan

If I could make another suggestion you could to take a break and read some really cutesy romance manga while listening to soft music. Or you could try changing your despair in here into straight hype through some other standard shonen airing now, BnHA had a pretty great "Fuck Yeah!" moment yesterday.

Charles Clark
Charles Clark

That cute "hyaa"
I want to marry that voice

Aiden Diaz
Aiden Diaz

That might do it.
Last time I felt this empty I powered through Toradora in one sitting, then immediately followed it up with My Love Story. It helped a lot. Unfortunately flying witch just makes me want to go to sleep.

Samuel Jackson
Samuel Jackson

Why not? Being able to fly when you feel like it is a pretty big deal. Seems like they're just an elitist society..!

Owen Gomez
Owen Gomez

Not if I do it first, I suppose.

Mason Robinson
Mason Robinson

Hello.

Jason Clark
Jason Clark

Is that Rim or Rum?

Brody Brown
Brody Brown

Taking over
How can she take over who she already is?

Alexander Young
Alexander Young

I actually like the hair but those eyes are unwelcome.

Jackson Cox
Jackson Cox

Read a moege. Dracu-Riot's Nicola route gave me heart failure.

Chunni tomboy reverse traps are the best. Especially after she starts crushing on you hard enough to start wearing girly clothing because she wants to make you happy.

Wyatt Myers
Wyatt Myers

Rom

Charles Thompson
Charles Thompson

Dracu-Riot
Are you trying to trick me?

Josiah Bell
Josiah Bell

Oh geez Louise that's adorable.
Point me to a download, I want some Hngs.

William Gutierrez
William Gutierrez

you just reminded me of that one nukige

Joseph Nelson
Joseph Nelson

What Nukige
This sounds like something that might be fun.

Kevin Davis
Kevin Davis

Nukige is the term for a short VN that exists solely to bust a nut to, newfag-kun

Samuel Morales
Samuel Morales

You can catch up on Endride, that's not affected by tennis.

Jackson Walker
Jackson Walker

Different user but it reminds me of a certain nukige too. Slightly disturbing picture ahead.

Jack King
Jack King

I know that you dork, I'm asking which one.

Josiah Williams
Josiah Williams

Reason this happens? Spoil me, senpai.

Hunter Scott
Hunter Scott

And you're dismissing the fact that light novels are still inherently books with pages of words as oppossed to manga that focuses more on illustrations that text.

Adrian White
Adrian White

http://sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=127657 + find the patch yourself.

The plot is mediocre but Yuzusoft is the best at organic character interaction and making the VN, even the common route feel puposeful and keeping you engaged. Noble Works was also great, barring the plot. Generally, their games are the only ones that give me that Majikoi magical feeling these days.

Their VNs are like the antithesis to Hoshizora or Grisaia, which has episodic filler after filler after filler for 95% of the common route, followed up with another few hours of filler in the heroine routes then actual plot. Well-written filler, but blatant copy & pasted filler nonetheless. Hoshizora felt like a 15-20 hour plot stretched into a 50 hour one with chronically reused jokes.

Josiah Thomas
Josiah Thomas

Thanks user.
Let's hope tomboy chuuni will be enough to save the day.

Isaac Martin
Isaac Martin

I am aware of the VN, I was referring to the status of the translation which I thought was dead.

Nathan James
Nathan James

Do you have sauce on that manga? It looks great.

Ian Moore
Ian Moore

They're kill, right?
No weird FINALLY WE ARE BOTH ONE MC-SAN shit, right?
Snuff is one thing, body horror where they're fully coherent for it is another entirely.

Hudson Campbell
Hudson Campbell

Everything is translated and released except the second half of the Miu route, which is being completed by Staircase Subs or something like that.

There's 4 or so other routes you can do in the mean time, so it's no major loss.

Otherwise, Noble Works is fully translated. Can't speak to the accuracy of it, but it's readable and at least passably decent.

Adam Allen
Adam Allen

Kyou no Yukino-san. I'm like 15 chapters behind apparently, I should catch back up, but I downloaded like a half dozen manga from OPT last week and should really start those instead.

William Butler
William Butler

It's just a gory murder case

Ethan Garcia
Ethan Garcia

I want to marry a silky.

Leo Price
Leo Price

So is re zero worth a watch?

Michael Turner
Michael Turner

If you like feeling like shit for a NEET

Dominic Nguyen
Dominic Nguyen

If you hate loud and obnoxious MC, give this a shot because he will be killed mercilessly multiple times.

Blake Scott
Blake Scott

If you like an MC that isn't a cardboard cutout

William Nelson
William Nelson

Why is she so perfect?

Jose Martinez
Jose Martinez

Well tell me what happened.
Something had to kill those two, and why did they?

Gavin Bell
Gavin Bell

cat ears in addition to human ears

?????

Lucas Watson
Lucas Watson

I've been trying to figure out the same thing.

Julian Williams
Julian Williams

Those breasts
no cape or veil
They ruined Nicola

Gabriel Carter
Gabriel Carter

Thanks a lot user, very appreciated. Don't know if you like Emilia but here's a wallpaper.

Ethan Diaz
Ethan Diaz

Oops forgot picture

Michael Clark
Michael Clark

Dracu Riot girls are so lewd.

Connor Sanchez
Connor Sanchez

If you like clown cock.

Wyatt Foster
Wyatt Foster

Betty's better, I suppose.

Connor Thomas
Connor Thomas

Are these post contradictory?

Angel Flores
Angel Flores

What is OPT?

Asher Cooper
Asher Cooper

One Page Threads you enormous doofus

Justin Jones
Justin Jones

He clings to anyone who shows him kindness because he has severe depression. He has a lot of classic symptoms of depression actually.

Andrew Turner
Andrew Turner

I want Betty to sit on me and tell me how much of a nuisance I am in an absent voice while reading a book.

Nolan Morris
Nolan Morris

She indeed is, I suppose.

Lucas Murphy
Lucas Murphy

How can I not turn into a lolicon if loli on anime is always the best girls? This must be some kind of conspiracy.

Dominic Myers
Dominic Myers

E M T
M
T

Grayson Wood
Grayson Wood

Why the fuck must there be so much suffering in a series with such great girls? This is the true torture.

Cooper Wood
Cooper Wood

You should post more, I suppose.

Joseph Walker
Joseph Walker

No one bothered to translate past chapter 1 of re zero
Man it just doesn't feel the same reading spoilers

Dylan Walker
Dylan Walker

Why is Betty so best anyway?

Jeremiah Flores
Jeremiah Flores

I want to marry this great magician.

David Nguyen
David Nguyen

no, they really aren't.

Isaac Johnson
Isaac Johnson

Is it rape if it is Emilia?

Gavin Scott
Gavin Scott

Subaru rapes Emilia, sick of dying all the time for an elf who won't even put out
She turns into Satella
Suddenly it makes sense

Connor Williams
Connor Williams

She's only a half-elf, so it's half rape.

Why would she love her rapist though?

Robert Anderson
Robert Anderson

Shouldn't ATX still air them on Friday though?

Brayden Rivera
Brayden Rivera

I wonder if we have a new ending song after this episode.

Thomas Davis
Thomas Davis

More like cliff fallers am I right

Jordan Ward
Jordan Ward

... I smiled a bit at that.

I think it's because of her willingness to shelter Subaru and her awareness that he actually does need her help.

Something to note is that Emilia does not help Subaru at all and does not defend him or negotiate for him when he is under threat by Roswaal and Ram. She sort of sidelines it.

Meanwhile, Betty is ready to throw down on a fight that she is probably unable to win.

I am glad that she contracts with Subaru, their dialogues are pretty good and it will be nice to have that continue past this arc. I sort of wonder if they intend to keep Ram engaged in the plot, but she almost seems a bit like a dead end in terms of the possible things to do with her character.

Meanwhile, there's a whole cast of princesses and knights-- can't wait to see all the designs. But for now, Betty is truly best girl.

Kayden Ward
Kayden Ward

Stockholm syndrome?

Mason Diaz
Mason Diaz

Betty is ready to throw down on a fight that she is probably unable to win.

She can wreck everybody dude. That's not even light novel spoiler at all.

Andrew Cox
Andrew Cox

What did Betty mean by taking him out of the domain so she didn't have to see him die. Was she just going to kill him herself or just dump somewhere he is on his own?

Christopher Williams
Christopher Williams

I forgot when exactly, but it was mentioned in the show that Betty is stronger than Roswaal. Maybe she's wiser because of that too.

Brandon Rivera
Brandon Rivera

She wants to take Subaru out of the country and let him live a peaceful life. She's just being tsun about it.

Austin Walker
Austin Walker

She's extremely cute, I suppose.
Nah but seriously my heart melted when Subaru tugged on her drills.
Only to get IMMEDIATELY shattered into a million pieces when he ran off the cliff.

Benjamin Campbell
Benjamin Campbell

The only time I actually am fine with a loli with drill hair and not find her annoying.

Jackson Brooks
Jackson Brooks

Betty end when?

Since she seems so best girl, second only to Rem, she's gotta be the next one to die in a horrible fashion. Wiped out of existence? Already done that, so I guess she's going to have to die in a brutal and tortuous fashion after being raped? Tease and taunt her about her powerlessness while reducing her to breeding sow? Twist her soul so that she's a shadow of her former self?

The possibilities are endless for potential suffering. It's a shame we can only have one.

Maybe Satella loves/loved Subaru's dad, not Subaru? Perhaps this is part of a gambit to lure him back into the world, and she both hates Subaru for being born from another woman, but loves him for being his dad's child? That contradiction creates a situation wherein she protects him from death, but forces him to suffer.

Don't you guys feel like it's kind of odd that, out of everyone, he was abducted into this world? Don't you feel like that the background we got in terms of Subaru's insecurities about his father ought to manifest in some way, shape or form in the future?

It's the only way that things can make sense. There's no reason for Satella to love Subaru directly, and there's no reason or way for Subaru to have been in Satella's world unless it's one of those infinity loops wherein Subaru's actions, guided by Satella, turns Emilia into Satella after his death, and, in an effort to save him, repeats it, but if he stops following the beaten path too much, a temporal parodox would be created, and so she has to force him back with the only weapon she has - pain, death, and generally, forcing a repeat.

It's all conjecture.

Anthony Lee
Anthony Lee

This. They're usually so fucking annoying.

Juan Sanchez
Juan Sanchez

It's a death wish. Pack would kill everyone in the surrounding area if something happened to Emilia.

She was going make sure Subaru had safe passage out of Rosewaal's domain.

Grayson Watson
Grayson Watson

What would she say if Subaru asked her hand in marriage after they left Rosewaal's dominion? Would she accept? How many children would they have?

I want a happy ending damnit.

Jaxon Jackson
Jaxon Jackson

I want to form a contract with Beatrice.

Logan Morales
Logan Morales

The thing is, Betty's a spirit, like Puck.
She can just reform if she gets her shit slapped.
Plus her origins put her at a much higher level than most other spirits.
That being said, we don't know how the fuck spirits work besides needing a constant mana infusion to keep going and them running on contracts.
Plus we don't know how they work.
All we know she might not even have naughty bits.

Oliver Hill
Oliver Hill

after all the shit Subaru went through Satella wasn't even interested in Subaru
Give the guy a break

Parker Adams
Parker Adams

I thought Subaru was going to be boring and generic but I actually think he might be the best boy this season. No man should go through that shit and still be able to smile time and time again. I am not even sure what I am going to do with all this bundled up emotions this episode brought in.

Jayden Allen
Jayden Allen

The only happy ending you're getting is an AU if she bites it.
And she won't.

Jayden Moore
Jayden Moore

I love you guys
Yeah, I cringed.

Cameron Torres
Cameron Torres

Why does Betty love Puck's barbed dick so much?

Jason King
Jason King

It was really dorky but I found it really endearing.

Ethan Anderson
Ethan Anderson

Remember, always choose the possibilities that evoke the most suffering.

It'd break the last vestiges of Subaru's sanity too.

Jose Gray
Jose Gray

does this show get better? i missed the first episode the place i watch stuff doesnt have it so it took a few episodes for me to see the talking cat

i refuse to watch shit with a talking cat after darker than black went no where

will it go away? is it a big part of what happens post episode 4? will there at least be a lot of blood?

Elijah Perry
Elijah Perry

Fucks sake, now I can see it happening.

Nathan Richardson
Nathan Richardson

The cat is pretty chill instead of an annoying mascot that just says it's name over. Cheeky cunt is pretty strong too.

Cameron Perry
Cameron Perry

Expecting this show to have no dead characters
tfw Rem's fate
I guess I shouldn't be in these threads anymore

Christian Johnson
Christian Johnson

I still am gonna hold out hope that this'll have a happy ending.
I mean it isn't like Satella wants the guy she loves to get mentally broken by the end of it. Then he isn't the man she loves, clearly. Otherwise she wouldn't have gone through all the trouble to pluck him from Earth.

Jacob Russell
Jacob Russell

Nope. Everything is alright. No suffering here. He only dies through accidents. He marries Rem in the third volume and elopes with her to live happily ever, have two children, a white-picket fence and copious amounts of love.

Charles Butler
Charles Butler

Your a faggot because
your clearly a streamfag
You probably don't even know the first episode was an hour long
You skipped episodes on a story driven series
You dislike Bubby
You come into a thread asking other anons to make decisions you should be making yourself
You will probably shitpost about Subaru being a faggot (which he isn't, just so you know) once you catch up

Jaxson Scott
Jaxson Scott

I hate resets they always show these powerful speeches of the MC making the big leap to go back. But I always wonder how everyone reacts to them in the original timeline. Imagine just seeing scream he will save everyone then kills himself. Same goes with Stein's gate where Okarin sending his thoughts to another Okarin.

Brandon Wright
Brandon Wright

She's not just dead user. She's a twisted, broken soul who only exists inside of Gluttony, who no one remembers or can even see except for Subaru. And she was also the only person who trusted and loved Subaru with all her heart. Now, Subaru has been bringing her vegetable waifu with him everywhere, unable to accept the truth that she's gone and her soul is probably too broken to ever fix.

Fuck ;_;.

David Collins
David Collins

They go over that in the fourth arc when he's captured by the cult. Beatrice's response to him killing himself cemented her as best surviving girl.

Evan Stewart
Evan Stewart

Explain, user.

Austin Carter
Austin Carter

so... rem is another satella in the making? twisted girl who are broken and love subaru?

Camden Wood
Camden Wood

Nope. Subaru actually meets the Witch of Envy and the first thing she says to him is I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

She is completely in love with Suabru and only him. Her "shadow" basically goes in a frenzy when it recognizes him.

It wouldn't work out. The only way she could stay with Subaru is if she somehow breaks her contract with Rosewaal.

Gavin Gomez
Gavin Gomez

Clowndick needs to die.
Clearly.
Besides fucker tried to kill both of them already. That's probably grounds for contract breaking.

Chase Baker
Chase Baker

No. She's not even alive. She's just a soul that exists inside of Gluttony, essentially powerless.

Even if Subaru were to free her somehow and also recover her soul amongst the tens of thousands of souls, it'd still be broken and twisted from it's time spent inside Gluttony. She still loves Subaru, but she's gone from utterly deredere to utterly yandere. It's basically futile.

She's altogether a different existence than Satella, who chose to become a witch of her own volition. She only went mad much later, and apparently she was a lovely, kind person before she lost her mind, just like Beetlejuice.

Oh, really? Were the other characters around to hear her say that she loves him for maximum suffering? So much for that theory then.

WHY ISN'T CLOWNDICK FUCKING DEAD IN THE WN YET? JESUS FUCK!

Bentley Harris
Bentley Harris

....fuck i dont know what subaru reaction will be if rem is back as a broken and twisted version of hers then..

i guess if you can handle a yandere crazy powerful witch you can handle a crazed Oni yandere aswell?

Nathan Butler
Nathan Butler

I'd say it's more likely the chosen undead.

Let's say the chosen undead wins the first bout, then subaru revives by going back in time. The primary difference in this kind of loop is a cumulative mental strain on subaru, and perhaps an increase in subaru's fighting skill.

This loop will perpetuate several times until subaru manages to kill the chosen undead once. At this point, the chosen undead will revive at a bonfire or something, completely refreshed, with some more insight into subaru's fighting style. He'll probably kill subaru easily because of the latter's fatigued state. Subaru then goes back in time with more mental strain and more skill.

Subaru's method of revival causes a cumulative mental strain that persists throughout the entire encounter. The chosen undead's frustration only accumulates up until the point where subaru gets killed once per time loop.

Assuming that both aren't overwhelmingly more powerful than the other, and both have unlimited revives, it's much more likely that the chosen undead will win through attrition of mental fatigue.

Imagine fighting a boss in that you have to kill a hundred times, who gets harder each time, and once you die, you go back to the start. Not to mention that you get more and more tired don't get more heals or resources as the fight progresses. Subaru will have to go through many more of these cycles than the chosen undead would, and because his mental fatigue only accumulates, he'd be more likely to give up before the chosen undead hollows.

By the time, for example, that subaru is able to kill the chosen undead 10 times in a row, he'd probably have to have fought the chosen undead at least a hundred times. And the moment he loses once, all of his progress resets and he has to do it all again. Due to the nature of the time loop, the chosen undead will experience it again as if it were his first time, and as a result will be less likely to give up first.

Jason Martinez
Jason Martinez

No, you go away instead.

Joseph White
Joseph White

Like somebody else said, the witch would probably drop a checkpoint after chosen is downed for the first time.

Asher Evans
Asher Evans

They go over that in the fourth arc when he's captured by the cult. Beatrice's response to him killing himself cemented her as best surviving girl

Huh? He get captured during the 3rd arc not 4th one. 4th arc doesn't even involve the Witch Cult, it's about Subaru and Emilia visiting the Witch of Greed and then later fighting off Elsa in 2nd half.

Jason Walker
Jason Walker

Still, in that case, subaru would still get progressively more fatigued as he keeps winning, while the chosen undead will be revived at peak form each time. Even if the save point gets updated after each win, eventually subaru will be too physically fatigued to be capable of winning no matter how skilled he is or how much he knows about the chosen undead's fighting style.

Henry Anderson
Henry Anderson

Garfiel was with him. The two of them have a hell of a time trying to run and escape from her. As expected, having Satella running around was bad news. A lot of people die during the small moment she was let out. As for Garfiel, all while telling Subaru how much she really loves him, Satella brutally kills him. His body is torn to pieces and spread across the plaza.

As for Satella, a lot of information about her is revealed in these few chapters. We find out that she truly does love Subaru to an insane level. In regards to her appearance, Subaru is surprised when it's revealed that she looks exactly like Emilia. When Subaru kills himself to end that loop, Satella looks completely distressed over the fact that Subaru hurt himself. It's the first time Subaru notes that her insane love love aura she emitted fell for the first time. As he dies, Subaru tells the girl who looks like Emilia that he will save her. In his last moments, Subaru probably mistook Satella for Emilia since her distressed face looks exactly like Emilia's.

Eli Williams
Eli Williams

There's no way it's a coincidence that Emilia looks identical to Satella.

There's gotta be some alternate timeline fuckery going on.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page