What do you guys think about notSAO

Henry Long
Henry Long

What do you guys think about notSAO: the manga

Dominic Torres
Dominic Torres

it's fun and has some high tier elf girls.

Zachary Brooks
Zachary Brooks

It has elves, therefore I will read it

Tyler Davis
Tyler Davis

World building is fun, wish updates didn't go 2-9 months

Jeremiah Lee
Jeremiah Lee

I don't understand how Origin only has 2500 hp max. Fucking Shin had 999 stats even before he killed Origin, 2500 hp is nothing.

Brandon Wood
Brandon Wood

2500 hp
fodder demon in vol 3 has over 5000 hp
black haired elf has 2490 hp

There's something very messed up about this. It's like the author has no sense of consistency just like LMS where a level 250 sword deals 81-110 damage but a level 790 sword only deals 114-159 damage.

Chase Collins
Chase Collins

presumably it has skills or resistances that were making up for the low health.

Adam Gutierrez
Adam Gutierrez

It's still a messed up design that makes no sense and has never been explained in the novels. It's like a complete anomaly yet across 3 volumes not one note has been made about it.

Jace Jenkins
Jace Jenkins

I only read it, if it has megan elves.
Does it?

Anthony Harris
Anthony Harris

I thought the manga only has 2 volumes?

Hudson Jackson
Hudson Jackson

Source material is light novel. Translations finished 3 volumes.

Kayden Bailey
Kayden Bailey

I thought it was ok so I went to read the WN. Believe me, its very close and similar to the WN so far and if it stays that way, it'll be very bad and stale by the next arc.

Henry Gray
Henry Gray

Care to elaborate about what's bad? In spoiler if possible.

Luis Howard
Luis Howard

I have been enjoying it, I am a huge sucker for these sorts of stories though.

Julian Jones
Julian Jones

Better than SAO and LH, still worse than the .hack games (excluding the shitty adaptions).

Brandon Bailey
Brandon Bailey

Anime when?

Brody Williams
Brody Williams

Its bad enough that the story isnt up to par but its also the little things. Off the top of my head, you get your standard "and they were staring at me with wide eyes, even though I didnt really do much" scenes. that in itself isnt necessarily bad but if you do it every 4 paragraphs it gets awkward to the point that it makes you cringe.
muh OP powers that i have to conceal to fit in
guess i should get a little serious
why are they/you guys staring at me like that
all of the equipment here is of bad quality but my blacksmith level lets me make legendary gear with lost techniques that only i know
this sword im using is an equip thats called a "katana" with GLORIOUS NIPPON STEEL FOLDED OVER 1000 TIMES

Adrian Carter
Adrian Carter

Readable for 5-6 chapters in but then its your usual shit.

Benjamin Bailey
Benjamin Bailey

99.9% resistance Mandalorian composite armor with 99,999 durability

Andrew Robinson
Andrew Robinson

There's nothing really that challenges the MC.

At least with death march, you kinda get the feeling that shit might possibly go down at some point in the future, but in this, there's none of that.

Adam Lewis
Adam Lewis

Is it just me or do you guys also think the start of this manga looks too much like SAO?
death game that can only end if you finish the last dungeon
the protag continues his journey to the new world with his stats and items carried over
I wonder if the author is a fan of SAO or something.

David Gray
David Gray

There's something very messed up about this. It's like the author has no sense of consistency just like LMS

The not SAO author simply does things out of convenience. It's actually less logical than SAO. He has not worked out a real environmental system for the characters in the world because it was not meant to be a living breathing thing that the main characters were simply part of. Instead, many things revolve around the MC and as soon as the MC walks out of that part of the environment, it simply ceases to exist (no time passes for it, no situation progression, etc). When the MC re-enters, sometimes new plot suddenly happens or sometimes only glue scenes happen in order to force the MC to go elsewhere or force MC to do something.

Whenever the MC does something, the author simply makes it so by author fiat. This is more than just deus ex machina (which is also a result of author fiat). Because the author so often simply just "makes it so", you get those inconsistencies in numbers and relationships between organized sets of numbers such as stats, weapon stats, and combat results.

The author moved out early from the realm of using numerical logic results and switched to hand-waving possibilities into existence. It's like he skipped all the early chapters of LMS with stats and level grinding and simply went to the latter stages of LMS with high-powered hand-waved results.

As for elves, notSAO has creatures called elves but they don't behave like elves. They're basically "notHumans" just like the other races. These races don't get many unique mannerisms like those in No Game No Life. That's probably due to the author's writing skill or patience or lack of desire to do so. I don't regard either Tiera or miss "subdiety with pointed ears" as being elves. If so, then any rock given speech and movement is also an elf. Calling something an elf doesn't automatically mean it is an elf if the author has not breathed life into it to behave as one.

William Cruz
William Cruz

It's Ok. MC is pretty chill and his elf waifu is fucking cute, though I feel like it's going nowhere.

I'm a little put off by the MC wanting to leave so bad with seemingly no real reason to, but who knows. Maybe he just wants to weigh in all his options.

Ayden James
Ayden James

It is better than other stories because MC isn't a moralfag.

If MC encountered bandits on the road, MC will kill them.

Meanwhile, someone like Satou from Death March would spare bandits even though his own harem and everyone else in the world would not spare the bandits and just kill them on the spot with Liza even recommending to cut their heads off.

Julian Nelson
Julian Nelson

If MC encountered bandits on the road, MC will kill them.
Is that a plot point in the WN/LN?
Because in the manga so far the enemies are non-human.

Landon Scott
Landon Scott

The manga hasn't reached that far yet. Yes, MC also kills humans in the story, especially enemy humans.

Connor Nelson
Connor Nelson

4 volumes now.

Thomas Kelly
Thomas Kelly

Interesting world, Interesting story, Boring as fuck MC.

Nicholas Carter
Nicholas Carter

Why are you saying the elves don't behave like elves? Good with spirits and magic, live long lives is pretty much definition of a fantasy elf and both Tiera and Schnee are this.

Also the origin of this world was a fantasy VRMMO where all the races just mixed together because all the beings were just players and their npc support partners. So of course all the races are going to be very similar culturally. The world has also only been a world for 500 years, that's not much time at all.

No Game No Life was a world with millennia and millennia of history and all the races being separate from the start.

Juan Morris
Juan Morris

i swear to god that LN literally only translates one part of one chapter a month, the draggiest of ass, and the worst part is it still isn't the slowest thing i follow by far.

Landon Gutierrez
Landon Gutierrez

Premise was promising, but the execution has been mediocre from what I can see in the translated LN, and continues to be.

Jordan Diaz
Jordan Diaz

It's pretty consistent and the parts are usually a decent chunk. Not sure why you are complaining when you know there's a lot slower shit out there.

Chase Sanchez
Chase Sanchez

i'm complaining because of the slower shit, the fact that most of the things i actually like drag so much god damn ass sucks user.
i've got this problem in manga too, so theres that.

Joshua Ortiz
Joshua Ortiz

I understand since I have the same problem, but it's never gonna get better. Just gotta take what you can get.

At least the series you follow probably aren't on permanent hiatus or the author died or something. Maybe.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page