Bungou Stray Drogs

Kevin Johnson
Kevin Johnson

Are we going to get incest siblings today?

All urls found in this thread:
http://www.lantis.jp/news.php?id=1463533203
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atsushi_Nakajima
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1509660
Jacob Cox
Jacob Cox

Especially this part
she says as she runs her hand from his crotch to his chest

I-Is she a trap?

Nicholas Mitchell
Nicholas Mitchell

I hope not.

Christian Cruz
Christian Cruz

some people are still here, huh

Kevin Taylor
Kevin Taylor

The crap episodes made people drop the show but the last episode was better than the shit that was Ep 4.

Connor Thompson
Connor Thompson

Threads barely survive now.

Parker Morgan
Parker Morgan

No but a bitch is going to get choked.

Austin Russell
Austin Russell

Next BD cover

Jayden Howard
Jayden Howard

Yeah, I get that. As a lover of the manga, I'm glad they are adapting the light novel, even if altered, as there are just a few chapters translated right now.

Angel Nelson
Angel Nelson

CHOKE HIM

Grayson Young
Grayson Young

A moonfag is translating the first light novel and there is a summary of the second floating around in The Site Which Must Not Be Named. Personally I feel this is a good set-up for the next episodes, though I fear we will end up with an original ending because BONES.

John Hernandez
John Hernandez

The LN the last episode and the next is base on was posted on the official twitter. Maybe they will do the other LNs if Kadokawa request Bones to animate them too.

Ayden Lewis
Ayden Lewis

Yep. The fouth episode killed the momentum. They should have trimed the fat and condense the first four episodes into three.

James Garcia
James Garcia

Going to watch this

Logan Campbell
Logan Campbell

his novel character is his sister
Heh.

Joseph Murphy
Joseph Murphy

This episode looks great too.

Mason Morris
Mason Morris

Back to the manga next week.

Nicholas Ward
Nicholas Ward

Service service

Landon Evans
Landon Evans

This episode is great, too bad it came halfway down the line.

Liam Diaz
Liam Diaz

Mini character song albums http://www.lantis.jp/news.php?id=1463533203

Nathaniel Robinson
Nathaniel Robinson

[HorribleSubs] Bungou Stray Dogs - 07 [720p].mkv

Zachary Gray
Zachary Gray

How mudslime is he?

Landon Carter
Landon Carter

Today's episode was great. I wish the other LN could be animated now.

Nathaniel Howard
Nathaniel Howard

Kyouka's coming. Can't recall who's voicing her.

Tyler Robinson
Tyler Robinson

Sumire Morohoshi

Charles Martin
Charles Martin

thank god this shit is flopping
bones deserves to go down for picking the wrong market to pander to
can't wait for fujoshit to crumble down

John Clark
John Clark

bones

It's owned by Kadokawa and it seems to be doing fine with licensing and campaigns.

Chase Bennett
Chase Bennett

This quality.

Bentley Edwards
Bentley Edwards

Bones only gets money from anime sales. It's like HeroAcademia, it boosted the manga and merch sales but the anime is selling like garbage and has bad ratings. Bones won't get out of the red any time soon.

Oliver Peterson
Oliver Peterson

Bones was paid to animate it and they're hardly pandering to fujos with all the added scenes of the male cast interested in females.

Jeremiah Thomas
Jeremiah Thomas

They're already paid by Kadokawa. If you want to talk about an actual Bones flop do it in the Concrete Revolutio thread.

Easton Perry
Easton Perry

C U T E
U
T
E

Julian Kelly
Julian Kelly

Would you consider her as a life partner?

Sebastian Rivera
Sebastian Rivera

Too bad this faggot won't die.

Caleb Harris
Caleb Harris

not bad isn't it?

Logan Nguyen
Logan Nguyen

Yeah the last two episode was good as with episode three.

Nathaniel Flores
Nathaniel Flores

No incest, no life.

Easton Baker
Easton Baker

Why couldn't you save her?

David Walker
David Walker

"This was the only possible outcome". Yeah, I'm pretty sure, it wasn't. It could have easily been Kunikida lying in blood on the floor.

Nathaniel Sullivan
Nathaniel Sullivan

She loves her mubslime husbando too much.

Daniel Myers
Daniel Myers

those lips

Jaxson Gomez
Jaxson Gomez

Is the MC based on an actual writer himself?

Isaiah Martinez
Isaiah Martinez

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atsushi_Nakajima
Yes

Justin Perez
Justin Perez

How is it flopping?

Wyatt Gutierrez
Wyatt Gutierrez

Okay that piece that started playing hwne they started to fuck shit up was great. OST when?

Zachary Allen
Zachary Allen

When will Atsushi and Kyouka meet?

Evan Evans
Evan Evans

So this confirms that other then his ability Dazai isn't that physical strong or skilled in fighting. He could killed by anyone without an ability.

Mason Hernandez
Mason Hernandez

Next week when she kills him.

Nathaniel Roberts
Nathaniel Roberts

*be killed

Lucas Thomas
Lucas Thomas

Haha time for Ideals

Andrew Collins
Andrew Collins

Pretty much. He's OP as fuck but still weak.

Hudson Cruz
Hudson Cruz

So literally like anyone else in japanese media who has the ability to deactivate other's powers.

Kayden Brooks
Kayden Brooks

Great episode, didn't expect the hacker kid to die.
Bones are doing good job in terms of animation, it's probably one of the best this season.

Gabriel Cook
Gabriel Cook

I guess I didn't expect it either, but now I know.

Samuel Young
Samuel Young

Why don't they just shoot him?

Bentley Taylor
Bentley Taylor

Because plot armor.

Gabriel Evans
Gabriel Evans

Mikan from Gakuen Alice, because she just didn't have the ability to neutralize other abilities, she could also steal them.

Kayden Green
Kayden Green

How does as 22 year old be a father to a 16 year old? Kunikida was 20 in the LN set two years earlier and Rokuzou 14, it's more like older brother.

Henry Nelson
Henry Nelson

He's like a guardian. They didn't mention his mother at all.

Jaxon Fisher
Jaxon Fisher

Tell that to this motherfucker and see what happens

Blake Kelly
Blake Kelly

Does Rokuzou even have a mother? I guess it's LN stuff and he doesn't exist in the manga so they don't have to do too deep since he's going to die anyway,

Michael Hernandez
Michael Hernandez

I realize how autistic this sounds but the dude they fight this episode is like Marluxia from Kingdom Hearts. Sets a number on your head, every time he hits you the number goes down, once it hits zero you die instantly.

Camden Jenkins
Camden Jenkins

Good episode. The ending was sad as fuck, damn.

Evan Morris
Evan Morris

she finds out they're not really blood related

Christopher Moore
Christopher Moore

At least Dazai let him get his revenge before he died.

Elijah Brown
Elijah Brown

Good episode. Hopefully the rest of the season stays this way and the Fall cour too. I'm ready to forget episode four and move on as long as Bones don't fuck up again.

Sebastian Hall
Sebastian Hall

From the next episode on the "case of the week" format will be entirely gone, if it follows the manga. There are very few breather chapters, they'll introduce bad guys after bad guys, until you just get numb.

Nolan Phillips
Nolan Phillips

Who knows, maybe they animate parts of the other LNs available. That way the anime will be more balanced compared to the manga.

Adam Cox
Adam Cox

incoming battle shounenshit

I'm already afraid.

Chase Brown
Chase Brown

incoming battle shounenshit
Great i love Shonen when done right. This actually feels more like a Shonen than Seinen

Evan Baker
Evan Baker

You enjoy endless new enemies out of nowhere and no clear finale boss?

Eli Robinson
Eli Robinson

I said when DONE RIGHT

Henry Russell
Henry Russell

Shonen when done right

Such as? This mediocre shit is hardly renown like YYH or HxH.

Eli Watson
Eli Watson

There are tons newfag thats why they sell a lot

Camden Lewis
Camden Lewis

Then you're going to be disappointed, BSD is pretty much as I've described. The animation should be nice though thanks to Bones.

Benjamin Cook
Benjamin Cook

There are tons newfag thats why they sell a lot

You mean Bungou? It's not a million seller, the last volume sold ~80K if I'm not wrong.

Grayson Morris
Grayson Morris

Oh well i like the characters and i want to see the MC with that Loli so its ok.
I mean others

Alexander Hall
Alexander Hall

Yeah you'll see Koyoka and Lemon dude next week.

Colton Diaz
Colton Diaz

They should animate Rampo's LN and some of Dazai's past. The less of boring MC-kun the better.

David Martinez
David Martinez

They should animate Rampo's LN

That's what I hope too.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1509660
12. *5,505 *65,310 Bungou Stray Dogs: Dazai Osamu no Nyuusha Shiken
17. *4,759 *52,664 Bungou Stray Dogs: Dazai Osamu to Kuro no Jidai
21. *4,491 *46,770 Bungou Stray Dogs: Tanteisha Setsuritsu Hiwa

Apparent their LN sells decently so that might be the reason why they were adopted into the anime.

Jaxon Jackson
Jaxon Jackson

Hopefully not. They were disgusting and annoying to watch onscreen.

Justin Lee
Justin Lee

Fuck off normalfag

Nathan Baker
Nathan Baker

actually this was the first time incest hasn't annoyed me. Maybe its because i wanted to see anything the was hetero and not gay

Connor Brooks
Connor Brooks

This. Get a load of that fucking OP and ED. Gay as fuck.

Brayden Cook
Brayden Cook

Something about this show just makes me mad when i watch it.

Jeremiah Lopez
Jeremiah Lopez

There's other hetero besides incest.

Joshua Sullivan
Joshua Sullivan

Dazai is just making use of both boys for his plans. Nothing gay to it at all.

Joshua Diaz
Joshua Diaz

About 95% of the cast is annoying.

Adam Lopez
Adam Lopez

At least the songs are good and only the ED is gay

Tyler King
Tyler King

Does the edgy boss fuck her later?

Xavier Wright
Xavier Wright

Really? Motives aside, it was obvious the girl would end up being the mastermind. It's depressing when I don't even have a chance to think about "who could the killer be based on motives" when the power of cliches makes it so obvious that the unassuming cute girl who the MC is interested in is the killer, which is doubly assured because she was the only other named character who it even could be.

Bentley Sanchez
Bentley Sanchez

No but you can think so.

Jeremiah Kelly
Jeremiah Kelly

She likes it when he hits her so its still possible

Lucas Moore
Lucas Moore

Do you think the earlier episodes were more surprising? It was obvious that MC was the tiger and the cop was the killer. None of the upcoming manga episodes will be anything but generic but what they can do is direct it in a way that makes it fun to watch. They failed to do that with episode four but the last couple one managed to.

Connor Richardson
Connor Richardson

No I thought it was about the same. My confusion is with regards to why this one is getting more praise relative to the other episodes. They're all pretty good in my eyes, but nothing outstanding. I was responding to someone who called this week's episode great.

Ethan Robinson
Ethan Robinson

It is better paced than the previous episodes and with less gag fillers. It finally found some balance between action and comedy which the earlier ones couldn't. We'll see if it would be kept that way.

Anthony Hall
Anthony Hall

Why is MC so cute? This show is shit but I keep watching because he is the cutest.

Brayden Rodriguez
Brayden Rodriguez

Yeah, I guess the hamfisted comedy being toned down was nice. It always seemed out of place with the juxtaposed murders and crime underworld. Still, even with the balance I just didn't see it being all that much better. It was doing a mystery type story (as opposed to a battle shounen fight arc) and the mystery was pretty weak.

Caleb Green
Caleb Green

Mystery is weak because a walking breathing plot device in Ranpo can just check in and solve the entire mystery. Utterly riidculous.

Hunter Harris
Hunter Harris

The comedy being toned down already makes it's better. I don't really get as annoyed by it as many others but it's obvious it's dragged it out in the earlier episodes to fill time. If it's like today episode where the story moves smoothly with any abrupt breaks just for gags then perhaps more won't be as turned off by it.

Alexander Wilson
Alexander Wilson

It would be cool if throughout the course of the story they at least pretended to lay out a lot of the clues and give the viewer a chance to connect them, before using his as a sort of answer key to connect all the dots the viewer missed. That's essentially what Sherlock Holmes is in a lot of his iterations.

Juan Johnson
Juan Johnson

Even being an anime only fag it was obvious it was her.

This show does 90 percent things right but it takes so many easy way/short cuts for no reason.

It could have been so good before the author just started taking the easy way out.

Jose Lewis
Jose Lewis

Mystery novels are too intellectual for most people. That's why they got replaced by the detective drama, where you are told the answer first, and the show is about the brilliance of the detective MC. Simple fact of the matter is mystery novels don't translate well to TV, because you would have to solve the mystery within half an hour. Or if they gave you all the clues, and revealed in the next episode, the next episode would have very little content.

Ethan Martinez
Ethan Martinez

the author just started taking the easy way out.

That's how the manga turned into a battle shounen.

Joshua Allen
Joshua Allen

Isn't it usually editors that cause genre shift?

Christian Campbell
Christian Campbell

Actually I think TV format is better for mysteries. It's so much easier to subtlely show a clue on screen than it is to present it via expository dialog or narration. Sadly, the medium is seldom made use of. As someone who grew up reading "real" mystery novels, seeing Holmes degrade into this is saddening.

Isaiah Cox
Isaiah Cox

Perhaps, in the end it's still the writer's work and story he wants to tell. He can compromise with going fully against his original vision, that's if he had any at all.

Michael Powell
Michael Powell

That still doesn't solve the fundamental problem that you are not given time to think because TV is at a set pace.

Hudson Morales
Hudson Morales

Captain of the ship.

Nathan Jenkins
Nathan Jenkins

Editor tells sensei his manuscript is not good and he has to do X because X sells and it's what the polls says the readers want

Michael Walker
Michael Walker

Spread a mystery out across more than one episode. How is that a problem?

Parker Powell
Parker Powell

If he's good enough he battle shounen up his "mystery" series without removing too much of what he originally wants.

Brody Ramirez
Brody Ramirez

I was kinda interested in this series but the character designs are just so damn offputing. It was like they looked over several yaoi doujins and decided "yep, this is what the cast will look like. make sure to have Lain's hairstyle on the girly looking MC"

Tyler Thomas
Tyler Thomas

Because if you have all the clues to solve it in the first episode, the second episode becomes extremely boring.

Lets say you have a detective story that has 10 chapters.

First is the introduction, the next seven are the investigation and clues, the next chapter is the clue that either makes it obvious or confirms suspicions, and the last chapter is the reveal.

You would be stuffing the first 8 chapters into the first episode, and stretching the last 2 episodes in the second episode. TV is a fixed time format. You might be able to get away with it if you had enough mystery to span 3 or 4 episodes, and a solution that could span more than half of an episode.

Michael Young
Michael Young

Man what the hell happened this episode? I feel like it feel really flat. As soon as the chick showed up I knew she was the one behind it all. And what was that about Kunikida-kun becoming a future terrorist? Is that an actual manga event or just bullshit they made up. Next episode looks a lot better, probably because its not a two-part filler arc.

Owen Richardson
Owen Richardson

But MC is cute.

Cameron Ward
Cameron Ward

I have a hard time figuring out what sort of identity this show is supposed to have. I guess that's because of the case of the week format that's ending soon, but so far mixing that sort of detective work with occasional shonen battle powers just hasn't worked for me.

Angel Perez
Angel Perez

But Dazai is so cute.

Hudson Murphy
Hudson Murphy

And what was that about Kunikida-kun becoming a future terrorist?
It's not him, it's a flashback but he does look like the girl's dead lover.

Is that an actual manga event or just bullshit they made up.
The recent two episode is an adaptation of one of the LNs.

Jonathan Russell
Jonathan Russell

I want to see MC turn into a tiger again and kick ass

Brandon Rodriguez
Brandon Rodriguez

Cute or not that doesn't make them seem less like the most generic yaoi pandering designs ever.

Angel Martinez
Angel Martinez

Ah, fuck my stupid face then, thanks. I still felt the episodes were a bit lacking though.

James Cruz
James Cruz

Lacking in gags?

Jaxon Walker
Jaxon Walker

Lain haircut in white on a girlyboy is not generic.

Oliver Moore
Oliver Moore

Nah, I can't really explain it. The whole premise felt a little bit too convenient. Like we were introduced to Ranpo-san, and then all of a sudden he's gone during this huge bomb crisis. We meet Kunikida-kun's surrogate son/otouto, and he's immediately killed off. Lots of relationships intersecting that we weren't aware of before suddenly being cut off. It just seems like it came out of nowhere.

I'm probably explaining it poorly cause what I say is bad others might say they enjoyed, but I guess it just boils down to a feeling or impression rather then concrete reason.

Matthew King
Matthew King

not OP but seriously, when do we get to see the siblings again?

Connor Bell
Connor Bell

Waiting on clinic episode when they fuck

Wyatt Allen
Wyatt Allen

I'm sure there's some way to fix the pacing such that this issue doesn't happen. That's what screenplay and scenario writers are for.

Angel Stewart
Angel Stewart

I get what you're saying. Everything they introduced was either contrived (Ranpo who can instantly solve anything is away for just long enough to let the cilmax be reached) or short lived (both major characters introduced die and their place in the story ends there).

Angel Ortiz
Angel Ortiz

screenplay is magic

Eli Richardson
Eli Richardson

No, there isn't. There a reason why mystery shows like Poirot gave way to detective dramas like Monk. People didn't even try to put 2+2 together to solve it before the reveal, so the detective drama added more elements of drama, with the thrill of seeing a guy solve mysteries.

Blake Price
Blake Price

It's not magic, I just don't understand your fixation on the idea that it's impossible to get pacing right in a TV series.

Joseph Bennett
Joseph Bennett

That's a failure on the part of the audience, not the media in any way.

David Hill
David Hill

Because the pacing dictates that the reveal comes in the same episode as clues. There was a time where you couldn't just pause your TV to spend time thinking about the solution before the reveal. You can do that with a book.

David Thompson
David Thompson

There was a time where you couldn't just pause your TV to spend time thinking about the solution before the reveal. You can do that with a book.
Have most of the clues given in episodes before the reveal, at which point you're waiting a week till the finale and have time to think.

Nicholas Brooks
Nicholas Brooks

Have most of the clues given in episodes before the reveal, at which point you're waiting a week till the finale and have time to think.
Which means the reveal episode is a bunch of filler.

Nolan Turner
Nolan Turner

Or the last few clues that aren't completely necessary to figure out the mystery, but give the slower members of the audience the last push they need, coupled with a little bit of character development and maybe even a showdown with a killer and a trap set by the hero to catch them.

Angel Garcia
Angel Garcia

Which is what I already said. Making the answer obvious only makes the detective look stupid (this is the reason for viewer only clues) and the mystery unchallenging, and it ruins the pacing because it forces you to put enough clues in the first episode. The fact of the matter is mystery novels always had a population of readers that read it for the thrill and the big reveal at the end. TV can do better drama and better character development, and better action, and all that filler crap if they don't have to cater to it needing to be an actual mystery.

Again, a good mystery is only possible with a long arc.

Ryan Torres
Ryan Torres

Again, a good mystery is only possible with a long arc.
I never argued that. From the start I said it should be spread out across multiple episodes. Also, the detective doesn't have to be stupid. Dramatic irony exists, and you can also have the detective know the answer before acting on it because he's waiting for certain circumstances to present themselves.

Nathaniel Bennett
Nathaniel Bennett

Or fuck, maybe Sup Forums ate my post and I didn't already say that.

The point is still that TV has a lot of constrictions that must be written around.

Samuel Cooper
Samuel Cooper

I never argued that. From the start I said it should be spread out across multiple episodes.
Long arcs present their own issues in TV broadcasting. You need to understand broadcast as a commercial product, not just a multimedia storytelling medium.

Also, the detective doesn't have to be stupid.
Meitanteis are supposed to be brilliant, not just your average watcher/reader intelligence, which is exactly the reason Watsons exist. Mysteries are not supposed to be easily solvable by Watson. Giving obvious clues only dampens the impact of the big reveal.

If you have obscure clues, and come up with the solution, the reveal is a big vindication. If you can't figure it out, the big reveal is an awe inspiring eureka moment. If you put in obvious clues, it kills the challenge and the impact of the reveal. It's standard practice to give a couple of extra clues during a reveal, but not a lot. This has to do with the standard build-up/climax model of the narrative.

Dramatic irony exists
Every episode? Then it just looks like the detective gets things wrong all the time.

you can also have the detective know the answer before acting on it because he's waiting for certain circumstances to present themselves
This still doesn't solve narrative issues. It makes designing a narrative to fit around all these constrictions even more difficult.

Elijah Thompson
Elijah Thompson

Also I never said you couldn't write a good TV mystery. I said TV doesn't lend itself to it because of the constraints of the medium.

Angel Watson
Angel Watson

commercial product, not just a multimedia storytelling medium.
Sorry Satan, but I only care about story telling, not commercial viability. We're talking about how these stories could work, not how they can be profitable.

If you put in obvious clues, it kills the challenge and the impact of the reveal.
Never once have I suggested this.

Then it just looks like the detective gets things wrong all the time.
What? Dramatic irony is something we're made aware of that the characters aren't. You can have a few extra clues for us given as dramatic irony that help us reach the answer that the brilliant detective doesn't need. It doesn't need to be every episode, just once or twice to help the non-genius viewer along. And if they're actually stupid, they shouldn't be watching mystery shows in the first place.

This still doesn't solve narrative issues.
I disagree. There's nothing wrong with having the detective set up a trap of sorts to catch the villain in the act or with their guard down.

Joseph Anderson
Joseph Anderson

Wait, the kid is dead? The brother and sister took way more earlier and survived, how is he dead from something like this?

Zachary James
Zachary James

His story is over, so there's 0% chance they tried to heal him or that he was wearing plot armor.

Nathaniel Wilson
Nathaniel Wilson

ED single when?

Connor Young
Connor Young

It's already out.

Austin Wilson
Austin Wilson

MC has a face that is born to suffer and I adore him. Unlike the designs do a lot to sell this to me, but I agree that they're begging for yaoi doujins.

One of the things I notice mostly is everyone's hair is just drawn in a way I find appealing. Even MC's stupid fucking haircut looks weirdly endearing in motion and I don't get it.

These episodes were taken from light novels and not the manga so that might be why you feel that way; it's literally a jump between source materials.

Adrian Wilson
Adrian Wilson

Wow. The full ED was actually quite decent.

Ayden Murphy
Ayden Murphy

Sorry Satan, but I only care about story telling, not commercial viability. We're talking about how these stories could work, not how they can be profitable.
implying tv shows can exist without commercial viability

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page