Really? Fucking dropped

John Morales
John Morales

it's a "I was reincarnated into a fantasy world that runs on video game mechanics" series
Really? Fucking dropped.

Gabriel Butler
Gabriel Butler

/a/thread/141681308#p141681757

If people can see it from a thumbnail, how can you not see it in the full image?

Christopher Wood
Christopher Wood

RPG world has a retarded leveling progression with a ridiculous number of skills/abilities so its really easy to find an overpowered combination of them.

Asher Roberts
Asher Roberts

A lot of the stories leave much to be desired, but I read them all anyway.

Mushoku Tensei was probably the worst because of how disgusting the MC was, while Slime, New Gate and World Customize were alright because of how different the MCs situations and attitudes toward their predicament are. Wish they'd update faster though.

Oliver Wright
Oliver Wright

I read it out of pity for the self-inserted loser the author is

Bentley Brooks
Bentley Brooks

fucking picked up you mean.

Dylan Brooks
Dylan Brooks

There are MCs reincarnated into fantasy worlds that aren't shunned, scammed, betrayed, and accused of being a rape criminal within the first few days.

What a nice life those shitters must have.

Jace Rodriguez
Jace Rodriguez

disgusting.jpg

Samuel Rodriguez
Samuel Rodriguez

You will never get revenge on a conniving, evil-doing bitch so hard she literally gets raped in knife wounds until she dies

Angel Cox
Angel Cox

There are MCs reincarnated into fantasy worlds that have awesome powers to overpower their enemies

Grayson Cruz
Grayson Cruz

Time travel, even when uncontrollable to some extent
not an awesome power that can be used to overcome your enemies

Luis Lewis
Luis Lewis

Why is naofumi such a best?
living the ideal college life before being transported
Guaranteed job via one of his online game contacts
Specifically picked by the shield for having all the ideal traits a hero should have
pays evil onto evil
ESP abillty to be loved by animals (and to an extent, demihumans)
Another ESP ability that renders him Immune to any form of intoxication or disorientation produced by disruption of his ear canals
Resourceful as fuck, making the most use of whatever he has, even though he starts out with little post-betrayal.
Best cook, jokingly regarded as the hero of the pot lid instead of the shield hero.
Best dad, for raising and nuturing a loyal as fuck legion of demihuman loli slaves that love him too
Doesn't abuse his slaves, even at the lowest point of his life

time travel
not an awesome power that can be used to search for your birb waifu without regard of many fucked timelines and dead racoons you leave at your wake

Thomas Thomas
Thomas Thomas

shield
overpowering anything ever
There's many times naofumi gets his ass kicked because of only being able to defend m8. But i give you that Subaru's suffering is various orders of magnitude greater than his. Raphtalia's suffering in the Spearhero sidestory is nearly the same as Subaru's though

Nathan Evans
Nathan Evans

Immune to any form of intoxication or disorientation produced by disruption of his ear canals

I was gonna call this bullshit, but it's actually a really great power. I have severe motion sickness problems that prevent me from playing certain games, especially FPS games with framerate issues and janky animations. Sitting in the backseat of a car for prolongued periods of time is a nightmare for me (no issues with driving though). I'd love to have this power.

Eli Williams
Eli Williams

What if the video game mechanics of the world you're transported to is that of an old Sierra/LucasArts adventure game?

Jack James
Jack James

This is why he doesn't have any motion sickness or anything when riding anything. It is also an excellent counter against gravity-based attacks.
Itsuki's world has ESP/PSI users, itsuki being also a ESPer too. His Ability [Accuracy] is a low-ranked ability that makes things easier to hit when he's focused, [100% hit] is the evolved version that makes attacks hit no matter what. Itsuki theorized that Naofui could be an ESP too, but naofumi dismissed it as something ridiculous

Does it include morality meter?

Carson Hill
Carson Hill

He can't kill his enemies by simply bumping into them
How does it feel to be useless?

Jack Cruz
Jack Cruz

mangafox

Julian Cox
Julian Cox

There's also that girl in Rokka who needs only to scratch someone to drain them of their blood whenever she wished. It's like gaebolg in whip form.

Evan Gutierrez
Evan Gutierrez

He should just rape aeveryone or at least try one of his loops. Then get raped by bigclowndick in the next one

Tyler Lewis
Tyler Lewis

Where the hell is my orc/bard/drow/white mage protagonist

Grayson Kelly
Grayson Kelly

I want to fuck a spider.

Jackson Brooks
Jackson Brooks

He uh, snaps in one loop. Gets tortured in about two.

James Parker
James Parker

I've wanted to fuck a spider for years now

Grayson Diaz
Grayson Diaz

Best logic. More time travel protagonists need to be scummy in some way.

Cooper Lopez
Cooper Lopez

What happens to him in the end anyway?

Leo Rodriguez
Leo Rodriguez

Wait, the Kumoko manga chapters finally got translated?

Andrew Turner
Andrew Turner

He dies.

Robert Johnson
Robert Johnson

To be fair a lot of JRPGs work this way to begin with.

Nips cannot into game balancing.

Carson Mitchell
Carson Mitchell

Which non-online JRPG would have the most broken combinations?

Charles Martin
Charles Martin

Let's play bingo

take the "reincarnated into fantasy" series you are reading and put it to the test

Tyler Sullivan
Tyler Sullivan

translation spell is cast to help MC
This is falling out of favor though.
Nowadays the other world just speaks not-Japanese.

Kayden Turner
Kayden Turner

Disgaea?

Mason Sanchez
Mason Sanchez

Copper is the smallest denomination
It's enough for 2 meals

Man how hard can it be to have some basic understanding on the use of money?

Liam James
Liam James

I take it back next page clarifies it but it's not a rare mistake in games or fantasy settings.

Levi Harris
Levi Harris

See you next week.

Nathan Parker
Nathan Parker

Replace it with something about Demon Lords.

Eli Rogers
Eli Rogers

Shieldbro and holy maiden had either the legendary weapons and the transport ritual spell as a translator, but they couldn't read the language.

Chase Russell
Chase Russell

Sweet

Levi Baker
Levi Baker

She's not really the neet reincarnated as a spider. She's a random spider that was hanging around the neet's chamber. That ended up with the dead neet's memories during the catastrophe that sent it into that new world.

Isaiah Butler
Isaiah Butler

How do deliberate trope subversions count? Like setting up "evil church" for a few chapters but it was actually evil guild master manipulating the mc to attack good church?

Xavier Bennett
Xavier Bennett

I wouldn't say it's a mistake so much as a misguided desire on the game designers part to be more "historical". A situation like the one described is quite possible in an earlier economy where the use of money wasn't as ubiquitous.

The problem is that if you're making a game, going that direction is an unnecessary complication. Also, it's usually a direct contradiction to other aspects of a game's money system. To use that same page as an example, each unit of currency perfectly converts to 10 units of another, and even more damning is that currency is the same no matter where you go. So any pretensions about historical realism have already been shot far out the window.

Samuel Thompson
Samuel Thompson

not wanting to watch a cute spider level up
why do you even live?

Bentley Rivera
Bentley Rivera

Does that make any difference? Something something theseus ship, smething something acts like a duck etc.
I did not read this yet.

Charles Phillips
Charles Phillips

It's used to explain the MC being a massively unreliable narrator when it comes to "her" previous life.

Isaac Collins
Isaac Collins

Usually they never handle the money thing right. Either they have the prices set down so you have an idea of how much is getting tossed around or it just gets ignored. Death March is the worst with this since the MC has nigh infinite money he looted at the start for every kingdom and they only talk about one nations currency, don't even mention it when they get to the Elves territory, and then casually have him running like eight different businesses on the side and handing his girls cash then never going over the cost of things even though they did it in the first place.

Joshua Harris
Joshua Harris

Is he ever going to impregnate his harem or...

Landon Adams
Landon Adams

Is the the undercover LN thread? Does Sevens ever, I don't know, get better? It's not terrible just..

Jayden Wilson
Jayden Wilson

is this the undercover LN thread?
It might as well be

Blake Rodriguez
Blake Rodriguez

Levels go past 999

No sense of propriety, this manga.

John Murphy
John Murphy

undercover isekai thread
FTFY.
You don't see anyone talking about SAO or Index here, do you?

Nathaniel Perry
Nathaniel Perry

Alright Sup Forums, if you were reincarnated into a game-like fantasy world, what kind of cheat skill would you choose?
The catch is that you end up in a party with the other anons in this thread.

Levi Bailey
Levi Bailey

He ends up in an infinite recursion of murder and counter-murder with his daughter until they both get sick of the whole thing and just quit.

Camden Jones
Camden Jones

Kill myself because it's a trash genre with only a couple stories out of thousands being any good.

Hudson Lopez
Hudson Lopez

Because you don't realize he's just as much of an ass as everyone else in the story.

Josiah Smith
Josiah Smith

Immortality. I can learn all sorts of different skills over time, but dying is quite the problem since there's no save and load option.

Jacob Thomas
Jacob Thomas

Depends on system used.
Full universal translation can accidentally become the most OP thing ever if it's the only way to understand and eventually make new spell incantations for example.

Owen Green
Owen Green

10 copper coins are worth a single silver coin and 10 silver coins are worth 1 gold coin
it's a decimalized currency system in a medieval setting

Isaac Jackson
Isaac Jackson

Or to access high-tier magic

Connor Thomas
Connor Thomas

You know what really rustles my jimmies?
Horse drawn carriages. Every story just has to have them for that medieval flavor even if the setting provides plenty of faster travel methods.
Some settings have adventurers become so physically strong they can easily outrun horses but they use them anyways for whatever goddamn reason.

Lucas Baker
Lucas Baker

That happened in Lazy dungeon master. He's mostly held in check via being a lazy shit but immediately realizes how bullshit it is when the auto translate works on magic spells.
Maybe the horses have levels?

Grayson Torres
Grayson Torres

Reminds me of Gold Digger.

The genius scientist MC studied the language of magic, much of her life.
Eventually she learns to decipher it allowing her to, for instance, write lines on a piece of paper and take control of magic-enhanced people. In the future she's an overpowered supergod.

Hudson Ward
Hudson Ward

The ability to use barriers sound like a neat skill to have. I could see it being used in a lot of situations but not being as OP.

Wyatt Anderson
Wyatt Anderson

Pretty sure horses have levels

Blake Peterson
Blake Peterson

The adventurers may be faster than horse but John Everyman wouldn't be, and an adventurer isn't going to make a living pulling rickshaws for John Everyman. So beasts of burden it is.

What really rustles my jimmies is the concept of adventurers, effectively a poorly regulated cross between a vigilante militia and a volunteer fire department that nevertheless somehow outstrips the professional uniformed services at everything.

Nathaniel James
Nathaniel James

Adventurer guilds are usually incredibly well-regulated and bureaucratized compared to everything else in the setting which is even stupider though.

Luke Sullivan
Luke Sullivan

A perfect world.

Asher Ortiz
Asher Ortiz

I'm gonna be completely cheeky here.

I ask for a second body modeled after my waifu, so that I can control both bodies simultaneously.

Do not underestimate a perfect form of communication.

Juan Evans
Juan Evans

Yeah they're usually regulated. Some of them collude with the kingdom or state for stuff. the adventurer's guild in the kingdom that the shieldbro was summoned to never reached out to him or gave him any jobs.

Adrian Harris
Adrian Harris

you'll never end up in a party with yume
ffs

Brody White
Brody White

Don't forget toilet cleaning. There's no better way to crush all hopes and dreams of young country retard than make his first task toilet cleaning.

Ironically, the concept is less weird in more comedic stories when there are guilds established by genre-savvy world travellers.
wait, what do you mean there are no adventurer guilds? I'm in a fantasy world, there must be adventurer guild. Fuck it, I'm just gonna make my own.
t. world traveller 200-500 years before mc.

Owen Clark
Owen Clark

hurr durr the knights take too long to get here from the capital that's why we need adventurers

Carson Perry
Carson Perry

I'll take alchemy. Just the good old regular kind, changing shit into gold. Nothing fancy. I'd laze about with my infinite money all day.

Cameron Roberts
Cameron Roberts

It could make sense if there's an overabundance of demand, like the place recently got swamped with fucking monsters, and it's mainly used as an unreliable cheap-ass service from where the actual professional occasionally scouts some talent.

Hudson Long
Hudson Long

What really bothers me in most settings is how other professions outside of being an "adventurer" work in a vaguely sensible ye olde medieval way with people apprenticing and training under professionals to gain the necessary skills but somehow all of this is thrown out the window for the adventuring (aka monster extermination and spelunking) and the expectation seems to be for random young 'uns to just form their own parties and learn on the fly by themselves.

Occasionally there will be a smarter veteran who points out that it's probably a good idea for a bunch of noobs to team up with an experienced adventurer first to learn the ropes but it doesn't happen often enough.

Matthew Butler
Matthew Butler

incredibly well-regulated and bureaucratized
The majority of the time, joining basically amounts to walking in, filling out a form, and "Congratulations, you are now a F rank adventurer, here is your magical adventurer card which has magical dynamic functions not found in any other card used for any other purpose". No interviews, no criminal records checks, no health checks, nothing to stop anyone who would be unsuitable from signing up.

The most 'bureaucracy' there is is the rank of odd jobs you can take on, a very poor way of ensuring adventurers have the necessary skills to take on a job (does being able to kill goblins at F rank also mean you are any good at fixing a hole in someone's roof?). And you bet the jobs at the bottom will either be a free for all for unqualified shysters looking for a quick buck for a slapdash job, or languish on the board for weeks with nobody wanting to take on a boring job with low returns for time spent until you give up and hire a professional instead.

The system makes a lot more sense if the guild authority assigns jobs and matches a job to an adventurer's resumé instead of going on a purely volunteer 'if anyone feels like it' basis, and does even the most basic of applicant screening.

Noah Williams
Noah Williams

Any setting with that kind of alchemy wouldn't value gold as currency. Or at least value gold anywhere near as highly as in our world.

Henry Wright
Henry Wright

Most settings would use the "silver" coin for trades and shopping.

Michael Wright
Michael Wright

They are basically mercenaries, there's no school that teaches how to become a mercenary

Eli Lopez
Eli Lopez

Maybe anon's alchemy is specifically a one-of-a-kind cheat skill.

Logan Green
Logan Green

I was hoping it'd be a one off since he was handing out cheat skills.

Carter Barnes
Carter Barnes

punch people Into doors

Eli Campbell
Eli Campbell

They are basically mercenaries, there's no school that teaches how to become a mercenary
Is this bait?

Logan Ramirez
Logan Ramirez

adventurers' guild is just a glorified jobs agency and doesn't actually operate like a medieval guild

Aaron Sanders
Aaron Sanders

If you're setting up for some point about national militaries I'm gonna punch myself in the dick so hard you'll feel it.

Leo Butler
Leo Butler

One wonders why adventurer cards are even limited to the adventurer's guild alone and not just used as a catch-all citizen ID/resume by everyone.

William Long
William Long

Apprenticeship is less about schools and more about businesses taking the trouble to train new recruits to add to their workforce.

Ryan Nguyen
Ryan Nguyen

Arifureta has that kind of card

Joseph Morales
Joseph Morales

Arifureta is also built on a foundation that can only be described as a solid bed of asspulls.

Kevin Ross
Kevin Ross

mangafox
greentext thread
Quality combination. Kill yourself.

Leo Thompson
Leo Thompson

It's also about controlling the workforce. I mean fucking knights had squires doing their menial shit.

Brandon Murphy
Brandon Murphy

Nah, Itsuki's ability is 100% accuracy aiming skill, highest skill is fucking homing missile kind of accuracy.

Brody Moore
Brody Moore

Gold Digger
My brother of African descent

Ian Brown
Ian Brown

I though this thread was going to be about our goddess, I'm sad now.

Jason Rivera
Jason Rivera

Reincarnation assurance every time I die, with some kind of skill/memory retention, but not my personality.

Promptly get my self killed so that I can reincarnate as someone else, hopefully far away from anons. My reincarnations will eventually reach god level while still having to grow up as their own people, albeit with a instantly reachable deposit of knowledge and learning available to them. They would still need to train and study like everyone else. Their only special power would be 'The possibility of learning anything that the previous incarnations knew'.

And they wouldn't be my current version of me. Just as good, because I have horrible coping skills and would be a horrible choice as a protagonist character unless the writer wants to depress the readers. Self Inserts are horrible.

Nolan Bailey
Nolan Bailey

Well no shit, like 99% of mercenaries past and present started their career off training and serving in a national military first.

Jason Murphy
Jason Murphy

Itsuki himself says that he has the low ranked version. Else his arrows would have hit naofumi when they were escaping him, ren, motoyasu and the bitc, even when he caught one arrow it would have still hit..

John Jones
John Jones

Shiro is a shit goddess, would rather serve Anri-sama.

Tyler Thomas
Tyler Thomas

Yeah, serves the reason why the world went to shit and die with it, great plan.

Owen Adams
Owen Adams

What's this? I don't recognize it and Google's turning up jack shit.

Jace Rivera
Jace Rivera

gold digger
I'm not finding squat, is there some jap title I should be searching for?

Anthony Diaz
Anthony Diaz

Did I miss a Kumo thread? I don't think I've seen that page yet.

Lincoln Torres
Lincoln Torres

Bataan Monogatari.

Juan Morris
Juan Morris

American comic my Fred Perry. It's drenched in 80s to 90s references to Anime though. Mostly transformers, stardust crusasers, and gundam.

Leo Richardson
Leo Richardson

Kuro please go

Jaxon Scott
Jaxon Scott

I still don't believe that Perry is black. It's all a massive ruse.

Jack Gonzalez
Jack Gonzalez

I google that and I still get nothing.

What the hell am I doing wrong?

Chase Brown
Chase Brown

I've met him at a con on Virginia. He's black and super friendly.

Look for arctic press. If that doesn't work Uninstall Internet Explorer and stop using AOL search.

Daniel Cooper
Daniel Cooper

No interviews, no criminal records checks, no health checks, nothing to stop anyone who would be unsuitable from signing up.
You do realize that formal background checks are a very recent invention.

Hudson Phillips
Hudson Phillips

What really rustles my jimmies is the concept of adventurers, effectively a poorly regulated cross between a vigilante militia and a volunteer fire department that nevertheless somehow outstrips the professional uniformed services at everything.
Honestly, if you're going to get annoyed over stuff like that you should stick to realistic historical fiction or something.

Lucas Powell
Lucas Powell

I think you replied to the wrong post, I'm not the guy looking for Gold Digger.

Ian Foster
Ian Foster

Yeah it was so much easier back in the day when they tattooed crooks. Can't even do that nowadays because of muh shoah.

James Scott
James Scott

This, I'd assume there isn't any universal criminal record in medieval settings.

Jaxson Reyes
Jaxson Reyes

Yep, my bad

Xavier Long
Xavier Long

They're also extremely shit and constantly have false positives.
I wouldn't expect a middle ages society to have enough paper to handle all those records to begin with let alone the manpower/space to manually search through it all.

Jayden Edwards
Jayden Edwards

nobody wanting to take on a boring job with low returns for time spent until you give up and hire a professional instead.
Which brings up another question, how do they regulate and systematize how much the charge for each job is when the job could be literally anything?

Eli Parker
Eli Parker

Hence why every profession beyond the shittiest ones required personal connections and/or distinguished pedigree to get into?

Christian Morris
Christian Morris

The reward is usually set by the person who posted the request.

Isaiah Clark
Isaiah Clark

I think being a base-level adventurer qualifies as a shitty job.

Christopher Williams
Christopher Williams

ITT: people get annoyed that fantasy isn't realistic enough
No one is trying to design a viable alternative societal model when they make these WN settings, you guys.

Sebastian Long
Sebastian Long

And yet most stories set the base pay of bottom-tier adventurers as "enough to pay for room and board at the local inn".

At least Konosuba had the sense to make Kazuma and Aqua sleep in the stables at the beginning.

Ian Sanchez
Ian Sanchez

This reminds me of Danmachi, where the adventurers sell the monster drops to the guild, who is the sole employer of adventurers and the sole buyer of these drops, at a price the guild alone decides. Seems like a system ripe for worker exploitation.

Levi Ramirez
Levi Ramirez

People take their suspense of disbelief very seriously.

Joseph Jones
Joseph Jones

the sense
Konosuba did it because it was funny.

Jaxon Martinez
Jaxon Martinez

No, it's the opposite, they don't take it seriously at all. They have almost no suspension of disbelief, and the mildest things shatter it.

Jonathan Harris
Jonathan Harris

Are there any stories from that genre were someone who has everything they could want irl gets transported to a video game fantasy world were everyone shuns and hates them because of some power they have locked inside them or something like that?

Logan Howard
Logan Howard

what kind of cheat skill would you choose?
All the basic speedrunning techniques, like bunnyhopping, strafe-jumping, and the ability to see and recognize glitches and bugs I can exploit.

Robert Powell
Robert Powell

In constrast, naofumi had to camp out in the field for a few weeks or so, while monsters would try to bite/eat him in his sleep. Good thing he had a high defense or else he would not have lasted very long.

Uh, shieldbro kind of fullfills those requirements. But i know what you're getting at.

Eli Peterson
Eli Peterson

exploiting a class of workers that are incredibly powerful and have the backing of literal gods
I can't see this going wrong in any way whatsoever for the guild, nope.

Joshua Long
Joshua Long

Evil God Average?

Anthony Myers
Anthony Myers

It has worked out for so long, why fail now?
inb4 oddworld

Benjamin Diaz
Benjamin Diaz

This is kind of a terrible system to be frank, everyone could get away with paying jack shit at the low rank and the low rank adventurers will just have to suck it up and starve because if they hold out for a reasonable rate then the client will just go hire a professional instead at that rate.

Noah Moore
Noah Moore

strafe-jumping
Oh fuck, now that would be a sight to see.
HURP! HURP! HURP! HURP!
would become the scariest fucking thing you could hear, as any moment some guy will come flying through at 300 mph and smashing everyone to bits with a giant hammer or whatever the fuck you're using

Logan Adams
Logan Adams

The term suspense of disbelief was coined in 1817 by the poet and aesthetic philosopher Samuel Taylor Coleridge, who suggested that if a writer could infuse a "human interest and a semblance of truth" into a fantastic tale, the reader would suspend judgement concerning the implausibility of the narrative.
I was thinking that these people took suspense of disbelief seriously in the sense that they felt the author cannot produce a satisfying semblance of truth. Though I agree with you that being critical of every detail is not an healthy approach.

Connor Thompson
Connor Thompson

Adventurer guilds are not part of a fantasy setting (does anybody remember an adventurer job in Tolkien's works?), they are a part of a videogame setting. The things that supposedly don't make sense like the low hiring standards, the A-F ranking system, the poor regulation, and the superiority to the "professional" services, are all simply a part of a system that gives agency to the player.

These light novels are not set in a fantasy world, they are set in an MMO or otherwise Dragon Quest-inspired world.

Sebastian Rivera
Sebastian Rivera

Also tried my hand at searching for it, I think it's "Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu". It was a pain in the ass, so if that isn't it I'm giving up.

Jose King
Jose King

tfw I break the speed of sound with my bunnyhopping
tfw when you won't even hear me until it's too late

Easton Sanchez
Easton Sanchez

one of those "they don't realize they've been cut" scenes because of budget
instead of a dramatic death when they fall it's just a barrage of perfectly identical grunting noises

Noah Jenkins
Noah Jenkins

Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu
Thats it.

God the scans are potato though.

Luis Gutierrez
Luis Gutierrez

it's a "I was reincarnated into a fantasy world that runs on video game mechanics" series

Authors making mangas or LNs with this premise really they never played videogames in his/her life

Parker Diaz
Parker Diaz

hit a slight slope
go flying dozens of stories high
I sure hope you remembered to turn on air acceleration or you're gonna go splat.

Austin Reyes
Austin Reyes

hit a slight slope while I'm landing
hit an odd-angled polygon and get stuck on it, losing all speed without damage
land safely
How does it feel to be a scrub?

Owen Richardson
Owen Richardson

He has videogame hax. He just has to crouch right or rocketjump before landing to minimize damage.

Jackson Kelly
Jackson Kelly

tfw falling through the map

Benjamin Brown
Benjamin Brown

It's an american weeaboo as fuck comic, you can find the first 200 issues for free in the Antarctic Press site.

Caleb Taylor
Caleb Taylor

tfw clipping through the objects
tfw cloning the inventory

Ryan Moore
Ryan Moore

True, but it's also realistic.

Joshua Taylor
Joshua Taylor

But user, adventurers are cool because regular army cant have kawaii female adventurers

Oliver Reed
Oliver Reed

the mc reincarnates as a low level monster but is able to abuse the system (which no one else seems able to do) to become op as fuck

This is the most disgusting variant of them all. At least have the decency to be frank about writing a gary stu.

Camden Bell
Camden Bell

Is there a LN/WN where the protagonist goes to another world and uses their knowledge of the superior Japanese business management philosophy known as Kaizen to become rich?

Joshua Nelson
Joshua Nelson

Well, the protagonist of Isekai Tensei Sudoku is using his knowledge of documentaries as a student to make money, but his soul shares his host body with the original owner, and an old samurai-type warlord.

Carson Gomez
Carson Gomez

Lazy Dungeon and Duke's Daughter are somewhat focused on governing and economics. LD has some adventuring, DD - politics.

Austin Cruz
Austin Cruz

I'd watch an anime/read a manga about that.

"Hey, MC, we have a long path to travel, so let's catch a ride to the next town! We will get to it in a week that way!"
"Why are you asking me to climb on your back?"
"Why are you jumping around in place? My head is spinning from all the turning, and it's hard to hold on to your back."
5 minutes later, after MC builds up the speed by b-hopping in place
"OOOOOOOOOH SHIIIIIIIIIT"
half an hour later
"Okay, we're here. Now if you excuse me, I need to go and throw up for a bit."

Alexander Kelly
Alexander Kelly

So what's the MC's cheat in Arifureta? The manga isn't translated much yet and I don't wanna bother with the LN.

Dylan Brown
Dylan Brown

So what's the MC's cheat in Arifureta?
Asspulls.

Cooper Cruz
Cooper Cruz

I read a summary on Batoto

The MC used to be nice but now he's a badass who kills people that get in his way

It's funny when the writer's misanthropy bleeds into the story but it doesn't make for very compelling characters unless they're SUPPOSED to be villains/assholes.

Jeremiah Young
Jeremiah Young

I'm sure they could if they actually tried, but for some reason it's much less common for Japanese game developers to do thorough playtesting of their games and when they do it doesn't often lead to any significant changes.

John Cox
John Cox

Eating monsters gives you their skills, but kills you before you can use them. He managed to grab some miracle water that sadistically healed him while his stomach was literally killing him

Logan Phillips
Logan Phillips

But the autistic optimization and finding out how to break the game is the point of the post game experience in the first place.

Charles Garcia
Charles Garcia

I love this kind of series because somehow it makes some people really angry.

Thomas Stewart
Thomas Stewart

dude, just ask for the developer debug console or whatever

James Gomez
James Gomez

Nah, it's not fun to outright cheat, but it's fun to exploit.
If I can perform something solely via player input, then it's technically legal.

Logan Mitchell
Logan Mitchell

exploiting bugs
"legal"

Anthony Mitchell
Anthony Mitchell

Friction reduction on my feet, and an uncanny ability to map out routes to places I want to go that have the best slopes to build speed off of.

[VGTG]

Ian Perry
Ian Perry

What's your point?
If the devs don't like it, they can patch it out.

Dominic Long
Dominic Long

Vaporwave Bardic Magic

Tyler Powell
Tyler Powell

When the MC falls down a cavern in a dungeon he ends up finding a 1/100000000000 stone that produces life water. He starves and starts eating monsters, but they're poisonous so he drinks life water to counter that. Monster meat gives you strength of that monster, like Re:monster, and he gets a kill or be killed mentality. He then makes a gun that is his main weapon. For party members he eventually gets a vampire loli which he fugs and a bunny girl.

Really wished it would have been an underdog story instead of just suddenly given the MC all these powers one after another.

Cameron Foster
Cameron Foster

have awesome powers to overpower their enemies
Not reset after death
Subaru should be dead.

Austin Anderson
Austin Anderson

Really wished it would have been an underdog story

Kind of a stupid mentality to read self insert reincarantion videogame fantasies with, user. Just sayin.

Dominic Butler
Dominic Butler

True. I was all with for Tate no Yuusha until he got that wrath shield and it turned out that Firo didn't actually die when she was eaten, it only looked like blood but were actually tomatoes. I should just accept that there won't be stories without sudden power level jumps and asspulls.

Cooper Gomez
Cooper Gomez

Mine would be the cheat skill of being Michael bay wearing a wizard hat.

Joseph Johnson
Joseph Johnson

Slave Career Planner was kind of this, but it hasn't updated in a while.

Jack King
Jack King

setting a world in rpg mechanics is really despicable and shows total lack of imagination and more importantly a LACK OF RESPECT TOWARDS THE WORLD AND PIECE OF FICTION THAT YOU'RE CREATING

Look at monster collection for example.
That's a manga that was drawn as a tie-in with a table-top game for God's sake. if anything should blatantly talk experience points, stats, levels, etc. that should be it. But instead it has respect for it's world and tries to build a real fantasy rather than implicitly acknowledging the fakeness and lack of authenticity out of laziness.

meanwhile original properties that have nothing to do with actual videogames like sowrd art online , dungeon meshi, that one with the girl in the white and blue dress all assume and openly acknowledge an rpg setup out of pure laziness and lack of imagination. These people have no ambition or respect for what they want to create.

Owen Johnson
Owen Johnson

dungeon meshi
Have you actually read it, stupid?

Carter Kelly
Carter Kelly

you expect too much from your fellow anons.

David Hughes
David Hughes

real fantasy manga put lazy, inauthentic, self-aware rpg manga to shame

Austin Phillips
Austin Phillips

Your first spoiler is right but the second part is mostly wrong. She received part of the girl's memories and the girl is actually a high tier God. The god made the game system for that world because she was asked to create a balance for the world and she liked jrpgs. She reincarnated the spider because she thought she might be able to become her kin.

Noah Reed
Noah Reed

No. What? Does it not count because it's a gag manga? It's part of the same bandwagon.

Landon Smith
Landon Smith

It doesn't count because it has no videogame or rpg mechanics, you gigantic moron with enough taste to know monster collection is a good manga.

Aaron Evans
Aaron Evans

Slave
What is it with WN protagonists and becoming slaveowners?

Jack Butler
Jack Butler

Shut in otaku losers want girlfriends who are legally unable to get away from them.

Jonathan Ross
Jonathan Ross

MC is reincarnated into anything but a human
becomes a human later anyways

Charles James
Charles James

no cheats, that ruins the fun.

and I wont have to be witness to your autism. that's a bonus

Austin Gray
Austin Gray

I'd do my best to become a humanoid too if I was reincarnated as a goblin or spider. If instead of that I was reincarnated as a dragon or something else equally majestic I wouldn't really care.

Samuel Thompson
Samuel Thompson

parties wandering around dungeons with square corridors where monsters live for some filmsy, 1-sentence reason that we're meant to accept

Josiah Russell
Josiah Russell

mechanics

Anthony Gonzalez
Anthony Gonzalez

"Labyrinth of Reflections"

The story is set in the near future, where a chance invention allows people to experience virtual reality without the need for costly hardware — a seconds long movie drives a person into a sort of psychosis, forcing one's subconsciousness to perceive a simple 3D game as real world.

Soon after the invention, a transnational megacorporation builds a virtual city on the Internet called "Deeptown" (named so after the street name for VR — the Deep), which anyone is free to log on and enter.

The painted world becomes a second home for millions people — but some of them 'sink', i.e. forget to return to the reality and eventually die of dehydration.
Only a small group of people calling themselves divers are capable of leaving the Deep at will. Gods of the virtual world, they help those who sink.

Our protagonist is one of them, a diver living in a run-down apartment. Like most divers, he has to maintain his identity secret, as divers are a prized commodity. They are able to overcome obstacles that can stop even elite hackers.

He is soon located by a strange Man Without a Face and offered a job: he must go into a popular virtual game called the "Labyrinth of Death" to complete a task two other divers started but never completed.
In return, he will get Order of Permissiveness that grants its bearer right to do everything he wants within Deeptown.

Dominic Reyes
Dominic Reyes

Wow dude, just accept you're a dumbshit because all you're doing is showing off your ignorance. How a dipshit like you has the surprisingly good taste to know about monster collection is perplexing.

Austin Miller
Austin Miller

setting a world in rpg mechanics is really despicable and shows total lack of imagination and more importantly a LACK OF RESPECT TOWARDS THE WORLD AND PIECE OF FICTION THAT YOU'RE CREATING
I suggest you go back to whatever forum you came from until you calm down a bit.

Adrian Martin
Adrian Martin

mushoku tensei had the shittiest ending ever

John James
John James

real fantasy
Literally no true scotsman.

Gavin Moore
Gavin Moore

There are no vidya mechanics or whatever. The closest you'll get to it being like a game is that it sometimes applies a sort of logic that D&D players would use to exploit the system, but in the manga it's primarily used for fleshing out the ecology of the dungeon. No levels, no particular spell terminology, no HP or MP, and so on.

Basically it's more inspired by classic pen & paper games than by any video games, but it completely disregards the number crunching and most of the technical stuff in general.

Caleb Gutierrez
Caleb Gutierrez

and openly acknowledge an rpg setup out of pure laziness and lack of imagination. These people have no ambition or respect for what they want to create.

bad luck, kid.

Logan Ortiz
Logan Ortiz

Real can mean "genuine" and "authentic".

Oops!

James Evans
James Evans

I will continue making an ass of myself and you cannot stop me!

Knock yourself out.

Jackson Evans
Jackson Evans

was in response to , talking about mechanics.

Also, stop typing like a faggot, holy shit.

Carson Turner
Carson Turner

Still no true scotsman.

"Oops!"

Jayden Gray
Jayden Gray

Rudi is pretty based. Always trying to improve himself but was way too humble. Getting with the red head at the end could have been done better too.

Wyatt Gutierrez
Wyatt Gutierrez

So anything with parties, dungeons and monsters is "acknowledging an RPG setup out of pure laziness and lack of imagination"?

Monster collection fits the bill by that standard, by the way.

Thomas Moore
Thomas Moore

You have to go back.

Gabriel Martin
Gabriel Martin

You're just butthurt because dungeon meshi is part of the same lazy, self-aware, facile rpg setting bandwagon as the others mentioned.

Why are you getting butthurt over a disposable manga?
get over it.

Owen Nguyen
Owen Nguyen

Souls-like respawn, only i pop out of whatever fire is available.

party's face when I appear out of their torch

Andrew Cooper
Andrew Cooper

Have you read it?
No.
Why did this discussion even continue after that? Fuck off.

Noah Wood
Noah Wood

Yeah yeah I get it user, you tried to make a point, fucked it up, and now are trying to pass it off as trolling. Good job, totally tricksd me.

Kevin Moore
Kevin Moore

Gain stats and powers of everything I kill.

Benjamin Torres
Benjamin Torres

it's when those tropes are simply taken as given. like "let's go form a party and risk our lives fighting monsters whose natural habitat is square corridors just because."

monster collection has the ambition and respect to write why the party forms, why they're risking their lives.

Bentley Diaz
Bentley Diaz

You know, as a newfag I see this a lot, but never have I seen anyone bother to post the "proper" way

Connor Collins
Connor Collins

realism is good because I say so
And you have the gall to act like you're some sort of sophisticated critic.

Dominic Peterson
Dominic Peterson

Get an IRC client, connect to Rizon, join #lurk, and go to town.

Hunter Rodriguez
Hunter Rodriguez

Yes, that's what the premise is. Is this such a difficult concept?

Caleb Wilson
Caleb Wilson

dungeon mesh[...] all assume and openly acknowledge an rpg setup out of pure laziness and lack of imagination. These people have no ambition or respect for what they want to create.

I'm intentionally being obnoxious and I'm correct. Does that frustrate you?

Juan Martinez
Juan Martinez

Not him, but you're confusing realism with coherent writing and world building.

Connor Peterson
Connor Peterson

The absolute hilarity is you keep trying to argue about a manga you didn't read and continually demonstrate complete lack of knowledge about.

Colton Peterson
Colton Peterson

And we've finally reached the point of frog posting. Good job.

Dylan Butler
Dylan Butler

and I'm correct.
How would you know? You haven't read it.

Jack Perry
Jack Perry

I dropped it after he found his father and made friends with that temple chick. Feel like I stuck with it a handful volumes too long, never even bothered reading up on the ending. It dragged on way too long in so many places.

Aiden Ortiz
Aiden Ortiz

A lot of games just give you a ton of options to go nuts with on purpose.

Josiah Robinson
Josiah Robinson

it's not realism, it could be called a story being convincing.

And yeah it's a good thing.
cry about it while masturbating to some light novel garbage.

Joshua Harris
Joshua Harris

Mushoku Tensei was probably the worst because of how disgusting the MC was
What? Rudi was great.

Isaiah King
Isaiah King

everything you eat, you mean.

new chapter when?

Hunter Wilson
Hunter Wilson

@141696691
(you)

Adam Carter
Adam Carter

"let's go form a party and risk our lives fighting monsters whose natural habitat is square corridors just because" is actually coherent. He simply does not accept the "just because," because he is relying on an expectation that there must be more reason, since that's how things function in reality.

Hudson Hall
Hudson Hall

and yet you can't point out how I've said anything wrong.
I know you can't because I'm right.
dungeon meshi[...] all assume and openly acknowledge an rpg setup out of pure laziness and lack of imagination. These people have no ambition or respect for what they want to create.

Are you so butthurt that you're going to collectively deny reality and hope no one notices?

Anthony Stewart
Anthony Stewart

Dungeon Meshi is not a light novel nor an adaptation thereof.

Nicholas Walker
Nicholas Walker

So guys what is your favorite video game based manga? Mine is Dragon Quest Dai No Daibouken. Surprisingly really hype, and the characters are enjoyable. Very overlooked in general I feel. Also the ending sucked.

Joshua Thompson
Joshua Thompson

thank you captain obvious

Luke Edwards
Luke Edwards

is actually coherent.
Nah dude that's just dumb. I am willing to excuse it because it's a gag manga so it's suppose to be dumb and silly, so at the same time I don't really understand what he is getting his panties in a twist over.

Joseph Ross
Joseph Ross

and yet you can't point out how I've said anything wrong.
I did several times. Pretty much every assertion you make about it is completely, blatantly wrong. That's why you're reduced to giving it shit for having an "rpg setup" despite monster collection also having one.

Aiden Ross
Aiden Ross

Never

Buy the LN's

Luke Bell
Luke Bell

incoherent
• (of an ideology, policy, or system) internally inconsistent; illogical: the film is ideologically incoherent.
There's nothing internally inconsistent about "let's go form a party and risk our lives fighting monsters whose natural habitat is square corridors just because." The only way it becomes illogical or troubling is if you bring in unnecessary realism that would contradict with the premise of the story.

Nathaniel Harris
Nathaniel Harris

fighting and risking your lives for no adequately explored reason isn't illogical
you're dumber than he is.

Hunter Collins
Hunter Collins

"reduced"? I said that in the very first post.

lol at how you avoided the challenge by just saying "everything" rather than answering anything specific.
dungeon meshi[...] all assume and openly acknowledge an rpg setup out of pure laziness and lack of imagination. These people have no ambition or respect for what they want to create.
No. What? Does it not count because it's a gag manga? It's part of the same bandwagon.
parties wandering around dungeons with square corridors where monsters live for some filmsy, 1-sentence reason that we're meant to accept

Face it, kid, you got owned and can't point out anything wrong.

You must be totally buttholocausted about being so wrong and being unable to point out how anything I've said is wrong because I'm correct.

I wonder whether you'll have the intellectual integrity to admit that I'm right and you're wrong or whether your butthurt won't let you stop posting.

LOL
stupid retard.
Trying to pick a fight with the big dog

Thomas Lopez
Thomas Lopez

I love how you completely dropped the points about videogame mechanics and are left trying to criticize it for being a fantasy-based manga where there is a party of adventurers navigating a dungeon and making sweeping, subjective assertions about world building without actually knowing anything about it, having not read it. .

Isaiah Morris
Isaiah Morris

tom? you need to calm down.

Jacob Watson
Jacob Watson

Has this been done with a female MC yet?

Hudson Parker
Hudson Parker

You haven't given enough setting detail to make an accurate choice, but I'll go with "Limitless" no caps on levels or skill or anything at all. I just keep getting better.

Luke Peterson
Luke Peterson

they were all part of the same post , loser. maybe if you had read the whole post before digging a hole for yourself and embarrassing yourself you would have realised that the complaint was solely confined to video game mechanics.

making sweeping, subjective assertions about world building without actually knowing anything about it, having not read it. .
And yet clearly nothing I've said is wrong or else you would have specifically said what is wrong as I've dared you to multiple times.

Go home, bitch.
Don't make me own you again.
You lost lmao

Aaron Anderson
Aaron Anderson

Aw, you missed the giant plot twist.

Levi Scott
Levi Scott

Since according to some user here anything with predetermined laws of nature that seem artificial for our world is "video game mechanics", I guess 12 Kingdoms counts.

Tyler Hill
Tyler Hill

Real critics actually sit down and watch or read the series they want to critique because they want to actually know about the characters, setting and such of the series so that they know what they're talking about at the very least, giving them credibility when they argue about it.

You haven't even read it, which means you're not entitled to having an opinion on the matter.

So here's my advice: read/watch first. Dungeon Meshi is a fairly new series that doesn't have much chapters out yet, which can help you with your lack of attention span too.

Angel Cook
Angel Cook

you're wrong
how am I wrong
uhh uh well you should read it!

so transparent

David Foster
David Foster

No, no. I might be misremembering the order but he had his little scuffle with that dragon guy and then they were BFFs. But ever since he got back from demon/furry land on his loli adventures it was pretty dull.

Parker Ross
Parker Ross

And yet clearly nothing I've said is wrong
You mean besides the fact that it has no rpg mechanics whatsoever, and the fact that it's actually quite imaginative and detailed in it's worldbuilding? Or the fat that there's detailed reasons for why monsters live in the dungeon? Or how it's not actually only square corridors unless they're traversing a building with square corridors inside the dungeon?

What's left? That it has a party of adventurers, monsters and magic just like Monster Collection does?

William Edwards
William Edwards

At this point you should probably give up. No amount of reasoning will get a prideful poster on the internet to admit that they were being retarded, especially after they go through all this effort to try to prove that they're not wrong despite their logical fallacy in their very first post.

Instead we should just talk about other isekai and rebirth series instead. Like Re:Monster and how hypocritical the MC is.

Matthew Powell
Matthew Powell

OPs pic is one such series, you silly goose.

Tyler Ortiz
Tyler Ortiz

Like Re:Monster and how hypocritical the MC is.
Very, but the issue isn't so much that he's a hypocrite, but that he comes off as a hypocrite because the author can't give him decent characterization.

Isaac Parker
Isaac Parker

How would you say that the MC from Re:Monster is a hypocrit. It feels like he's just doing whatever he wants.

Lincoln Brown
Lincoln Brown

Because he holds others to standards he doesn't hold for himself, and acts like he's a saint for it.

If he was just doing what he wanted and being an admitted dick, it would be fine, none of this "rape is bad mmkay but I'm gonna give all the prisoners rape drugs and fuck them under the influence.

Brody Reyes
Brody Reyes

mechanics
still beating this dead horse as though I specified it did. desperation
it's actually quite imaginative and detailed in it's worldbuilding?
"a wizard put all the treasure underground in a a series of corridors"
Or the fat that there's detailed reasons for why monsters live in the dungeon?
fair enough,I could be wrong about this.
only square corridors unless they're traversing a building with square corridors inside the dungeon?

Yeah I was talking about the corridors in the dungeon.

just like Monster Collection does?
You already tried this see

either away it still has enough lazy, facile, bandwagon tropes to qualify for the characterisation in

Christopher Walker
Christopher Walker

still beating this dead horse as though I specified it did. desperation
I had to restate it because it was the preamble to your post, what you obviously felt was the biggest sin. Here:
"setting a world in rpg mechanics is really despicable and shows total lack of imagination"
Basically, you started off by excluding Dungeon Meshi, only to include it later out of ignorance.
"a wizard put all the treasure underground in a a series of corridors"
Wrong, and as the series is going on, it's elaborating on the dungeon and the real reason people keep going there.
Yeah I was talking about the corridors in the dungeon.
Well shit, now you're complaining people build square corridors?
You already tried this see
And? You can't keep backpedaling forever. Moreover, Meshi also clearly explains why the party is formed, and even why the local governments encourage people to go delving into the dungeon.

either away it still has enough lazy, facile, bandwagon tropes
Feel free to actually point them out, it should be interesting to see you try despite not having read it at all.

Jacob Ward
Jacob Ward

it's elaborating on the dungeon and the real reason people keep going there.
yawn. unconvincing. what's abundantly clear is that it facilely relies on the audeince going "oh its a world with rpg rules" to accept "oh people go in groups of 5 to risk their lives fighting monsters that live in dungeons then take about 5 seconds to accept their friends dying before saying 'oh we'll go into town and someone will be looking to buy our equipment" and planning to do it again. Naturally"

now you're complaining people build square corridors?
I originally pointed it out as an environment for where monsters decide to live.
You can't keep backpedaling forever.
lol what? You tried to present an equivalency between monster collection and dungeon meshi and I pointed out the differences that relate to the complaint being made.

Gavin Brown
Gavin Brown

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Spider's world actually had a decent reason for it's shitty game mechanics. I love reincarnated into fantasy world shitty stories, but loath the video game bullshit.

Mason Flores
Mason Flores

yawn. unconvincing.
Relying entirely on your subjective opinion is a terrible argument, especially since in this case it's literally an opinion over something you don't know and are blatantly wrong about. Weak, user.
I originally pointed it out as an environment for where monsters decide to live.
So now it's not the corridors, but just a dungeon-type location with monsters in it that's bad. Wew.
and I pointed out the differences that relate to the complaint being made.
You did no such thing, you made an assumption about DM to try to differentiate it without actually knowing if it applied to DM. Swing and a miss, user.

Justin Watson
Justin Watson

Lazy Dungeon Master is fucking great.
It's the W/LN on my reading list that I'm most exited to see update; it and Ascendance of a Bookworm.

Anthony Cruz
Anthony Cruz

is the Lightnovel translated?

Jack Diaz
Jack Diaz

tfw everyone's stuck with the magic equivalent of java in that world

Anthony Ward
Anthony Ward

Of Kumo Desu Ga?

Everything that's been written is in English.

Hudson Martinez
Hudson Martinez

RTD tranlated what was left of the WN. Novelupdates show blastron translating the Lightnovel or missing WNs?

Jayden Lee
Jayden Lee

Blastron's doing a retranslation IIRC. The original translation was speed translated (three chapters a night, jesus!) and it shows.

Hudson Perez
Hudson Perez

"oh people go in groups of 5 to risk their lives fighting monsters that live in dungeons then take about 5 seconds to accept their friends dying before saying 'oh we'll go into town and someone will be looking to buy our equipment" and planning to do it again. Naturally"

isn't really an opinion.
but just a dungeon-type location with monsters in it that's bad. Wew
Yes. monsters deciding to live in corridors with no food for no reason is bad.

lmao the difference between dungeon meshi and monster collection is abundantly clear. Any party in monster collection has formed for a clear reason rather than it simply being presented as natural and given that people should for groups of 5 or 6 to risk their lives fighting monsters that live in a dungeon.
as opposed to " yeah we're a party battling a monster in a dungeon, oh no most of us were killed. that's pretty sad lets immediately form a new party".

who are you trying to convince here?

Thomas Nelson
Thomas Nelson

New TnY chapter when? we've waited for a month already

Jose Campbell
Jose Campbell

Lazy King animu when, I want to watch Leigie being a lazy sack of shit that never wants to do anything in glorious 1080p with "quality" animation.

Ian Green
Ian Green

Otherworld Dining Hall
Cooking with Wild Game
Cook of the Mercenary Corp

last translations were like months ago

Well, at least God of Cooking and Magic Chef are getting translated so I have some food stories to read.

Alexander Murphy
Alexander Murphy

The ability to speak and write any language, because fuck it, if I'm going to be stuck as villager A might as well understand what the hell is going on.

Jeremiah Richardson
Jeremiah Richardson

Spirit Migration is an interesting variety, with MC being a ghost or something.

Jaxon Powell
Jaxon Powell

There's a billion of them.

Ryder Young
Ryder Young

I want to see more where the fantasy world is brought into the real world and characters have to adjust to the mind shattering change in technology and culture. Some shady but suave BBEG immediately begins his conquest of the business and financial sector, realizing he doesn't have to kill people for power anymore, simply control the aspects of their daily lives to get them to do what he wants.

Jeremiah Scott
Jeremiah Scott

there was one WN about a godess getting so fed up other people summon people from her world into theirs that she steals some from another world to give em a taste of their own medicine

Isaiah Hernandez
Isaiah Hernandez

And thlen BBEG realizes he just can't compete with megacorps for control over people, as his efforts are promptly by various corporate conglomerates, and he gets assimiliated into them.

Jaxon Howard
Jaxon Howard

the devil is a part timer

Elijah Morris
Elijah Morris

Devil is a part timer

Jacob Morales
Jacob Morales

Can anyone give any recommendations for manga of this genre? I've read a few, but there doesn't seem to be genres made for this to make searching for it easier. Most of these works also have a low chapter amount, which kinda sucks.

Wyatt Reyes
Wyatt Reyes

When Tomoe realizes that her beloved master will only live 100 years and when he dies her life will go back to being a boring void bound by the asshole godess.

Austin Reyes
Austin Reyes

Shame the update is reaaaally slow.

Also if you want a unique reincarnation MC, there's that novel where the MC turned into a fucking vending machine.

Thomas Richardson
Thomas Richardson

Naah, he exudes excessive amounts of mana, and they can turn that into life force to make him live longer, or give their life force to him instead. The two girls are strong enough to give him enough life force to last several millennia without breaking a sweat anyway.

Jonathan White
Jonathan White

That vending machine story has no right to be as fun as it's been.

Jack Wilson
Jack Wilson

Maybe. That faggot dragon seems to think Makoto will die and there's no way to prolong his life.

Chase Powell
Chase Powell

Isn't he literally making an alternate dimension that his life force is linked to? Wouldn't that classify him as a creator god?

Levi Mitchell
Levi Mitchell

Yeah. Vending Machine and Lazy Dungeon Master really surprised me. Fun read.

Jeremiah Lewis
Jeremiah Lewis

Except that with Disgaea the original it just involves stacking L. 9999 Majin. There's no actual difficulty to it because of how much they outclass every other unit.

I love the item world though. I would really love for an SRPG that borrows ideas from Disgaea but with a more FFT storyline to come out. Maybe Fire Emblem is like that, but I am waiting for Vita piracy before bothering.

Nolan Martinez
Nolan Martinez

The dragon has already been proven wrong before. It isn't like she's omnipotent.

Plus, this

Charles Morales
Charles Morales

Wrong dragon. He's the one who made the adventure's guild. He's been active in the world unlike Tomoe who just slept all the time. Of course he has never met any summoned person like Makoto before and he does not know anything about Asora. So I can't say that you're wrong. You're probably right actually.

Jackson Carter
Jackson Carter

Just to clarify, he has met and even been in relationships with summoned humans but Makoto is an abnormal among them.

Ian Reed
Ian Reed

Makoto is abnormal compared to everything in that world or the others. The question is why he is an abnormality? Is he a real human, or something even scarier?

My theory is that Makoto survived the Japanese Cold as a child.

Wyatt Brooks
Wyatt Brooks

Or survived truck kun

Adrian Taylor
Adrian Taylor

Anime is (mostly) juvenile crap anyways, what difference does it make then that I'm reading juvenile crap?

It's junk food in writing form

Caleb Martinez
Caleb Martinez

Woops mean to quote the op, quoted you instaed.

Hunter Harris
Hunter Harris

Speaking if relationships, the social order and harem systems put in place by the godess is downright disturbing. It's like /pol/ designed it.

Liam Wood
Liam Wood

My theory is that Makoto survived the Japanese Cold as a child.
Probably not too far from the truth. He was a hyuman living in what is supposed to be the most hellish planet with life in the universe. He apparently kept on almost dying on Earth.

Ryder Rogers
Ryder Rogers

As expected of the bug goddess. I agree, man. The world she's managing is completely fucked up. She's basically a lazy Hitler. So I guess she is /pol/.

Cooper Hill
Cooper Hill

Makoto won't fuck Tomoe or Mio

If this ever gets an anime, I hope someone makes some doujins where the two of them just pin him down.

Mason Powell
Mason Powell

Are you 14 or just acting like it

Kayden Miller
Kayden Miller

Lurk has been dead for eons.

Gabriel Martinez
Gabriel Martinez

implying most of the scrubs we've seen in the story would be capable of programming in magical equivalent of machine language

Jonathan Lewis
Jonathan Lewis

"This world runs on JRPG logic bullshit because the author's goddess self-insert designed it that way just because" isn't much better than "this world runs on JRPG logic because the author designed it that way".

Luke Martinez
Luke Martinez

Sounds edgy.

Owen Cook
Owen Cook

Plot armor.

Jackson Harris
Jackson Harris

dai no daibouken
That's real fantasy, though. Not the 'fantasy with video game mechanic' one.

Levi Davis
Levi Davis

Ironic considering its based on the video game series from which half these video gamey novels derive their cliches.

Brody Moore
Brody Moore

I like how it works in Tsuki ga Michibiku. The game like elements were introduced by the faggot dragon in partnership with the godess to keep the hyuman's in check by giving them a reward system to follow for easy prestige and more importantly population control as adventurers die en masse trying to get glory and power.

Evan Long
Evan Long

That was supposed to be the joke.

Nicholas Scott
Nicholas Scott

So I ended up buying volumes 3 and 4 of Shieldbro from the Kobo store because for some reason they still haven't been added to the Kindle store, and it turns out that unlike Kindle, Kobo ebooks don't have all their illustrations compressed to "holy shit someone call Indiana Jones because we got a shitload of artifacts here" levels to make the book less than 2.5MB in size. The Kobo epubs are actually over 10MB. I guess I'm switching ecosystems.

Henry Price
Henry Price

The Kumo explanation isn't that bad either. Since the original dragon and goddess in charge of the world screwed it up royally they had to consult an outsider god to fix it and said outsider god basically designed the whole game-like system as an automated way to regulate the reincarnation cycle so retarded administrators of that world couldn't screw things up again and so she wouldn't have to put in any additional work babysitting them afterwards.

But that faggot Kuro is so terrible at being god he managed to screw things up. Again.

Sebastian Young
Sebastian Young

Death march fills most of these slots

Ian Foster
Ian Foster

insta-death spells

John Morris
John Morris

Vectors

Nathaniel Stewart
Nathaniel Stewart

lurk more fagets

Jason Green
Jason Green

Kuro did nothing wrong! He just wants to protect the wished of his self proclaimed waifu turned cpu Even if it means letting fucking elves rape the reincarnation cycle.

Nolan Lopez
Nolan Lopez

Kuro did everything so wrong even his waifu's pet spider had to get up and tell him to shut the fuck up and let her handle it.

Zachary Ramirez
Zachary Ramirez

Why is he so based?

Angel Powell
Angel Powell

it's a reincarnation story
mc was already op before the reincarnation

Joshua White
Joshua White

Goblin, right? It was retarded how the class up system worked, but it's still way better than having a little goblin shit as the main character.

He's still a damn hypocrite thanks to the author though.

Adam Phillips
Adam Phillips

His power is the reason why he gets killed

Leo Myers
Leo Myers

Mio is aggressive enough to likely rape Makoto in his sleep if she gets desperate enough. I don't know about Tomoe though.

Luis Foster
Luis Foster

Maybe Tomoe will rape him after that realization of his supposedly limited lifespan for the sole purpose of procreation.

Julian Ross
Julian Ross

that nevertheless somehow outstrips the professional uniformed services at everything.
But they generally don't. Most of the time.low-rank adventurers are useless scrubs that are not good for much more than odd-jobs and are inferior to the army. However, since armies generally have more important shit to do (maintaining peace in cities, protecting fortresses, guarding the borders and dealing with skirmishes with other nations), adventurers get employed to do the shit that the actual government services don't want to/can't waste time and resources on.

Aaron Myers
Aaron Myers

each unit of currency perfectly converts to 10 units of another
The thing is, in that case no one would keep more than one subunit.
France didn't use the decimere for long.
The US is a weird example, as all of their coins had unique names, so everyone forgot that "dime" or "eagle" were subunits.
I want one to use a more complicated RL system, for once.
currency is the same no matter where you go
Not necessarily bad (Spanish Reales was used everywhere in the New World for wuite some time), but should be explained.

Kayden Ross
Kayden Ross

Not that bad, Russia introduced one rather early (not medieval, but still). It's not our world, after all.
However, Russia had damn weird denominations, like 7 rubles coins or 80 kopek coins etc.

Jason Phillips
Jason Phillips

The ability to negate all other abilities.
Oh, and a handgun.

Luke Carter
Luke Carter

nah I think you lack quite sth, let me see
there is this princess of some awesome kingdom to add to the harem, yeah and her female guard too
dick head noble gay male that dare to oppose mc
magic school arc
tournament arc
casually stumble to some ancient being/demons/sealed god etc in a ruin and made a deal with them

Carson Ross
Carson Ross

Touma, pls.

Jeremiah Rogers
Jeremiah Rogers

mangafox
And some retards will still reply.

Kayden Butler
Kayden Butler

yeah this is just lazy faggot writers, if you can't have a decent system, then don't be percific about it

Aiden Nelson
Aiden Nelson

I don't care what anyone says, I still enjoyed reading that. What little I could, before I got sick of the horrible MTs.

Jaxson Turner
Jaxson Turner

Welp.

Isaac Perry
Isaac Perry

well technically adventures guilds are pretty much mercenaries doing whatever shit they are asked to for a bag of coins,
but war can't be won by using them since they are not fitting, not organized enough for formation and follow order and such so there's that. And many are dicks that don't care much about common folks

Charles Phillips
Charles Phillips

mate do you know that throwing too much money (here's gold) into the market will just make it lose value faster, enjoy your useless shiny rocks

Levi Morales
Levi Morales

dump money equal to the current supply
value takes a dive, eventually stabilizes around half of the former value
you now have half the world's wealth
sucks for the sobs hauling wheelbarrows of coin and paper, but he'd be laughing his way to the bank. You could also easily live quite luxuriously without affecting the market in any significant way.

Nathan Anderson
Nathan Anderson

It's not reincarnation, but it's isekai. That count?

Jayden Watson
Jayden Watson

What the fuck is this? Is it Mushoku Tensei?

The art's familiar but I don't seem to recognize any of the characters on these pictures.

Whatever happened to the series anyway? I stopped reading some time after he found out that monkey was a disciple.

Brayden Evans
Brayden Evans

Store clerk: "3000 yen pleas... What, you're giving me 10000 yen!? Why?!"

Customer: "What, you don't know? I'll explain it to you. When paying at the cash register, when presented with a bill whose value is larger than the actual amount needed, the store side of the transaction needs to prepare the « difference » between that and the price of the merchandise I'm « buying ». In technical jargon, this is called « change ». Well, normal students usually only use 1000 yen or 5000 yen bills, so it's pretty normal for you to be surprised if I present you with a 10000 yen bill all of a sudden.... Heh."

Store clerk: "Ugh... I lost..."
Other customer: "He's a genius..."
Other customer 2: "Wonderful!"

Adrian Harris
Adrian Harris

What was the reason for that scene? I can't remember anymore.

James Young
James Young

Allowing the reader to feel smug, knowing he could do the same thing?

Luke Morales
Luke Morales

Yes.

MC and sister.

Dollman, Banana, NTR'd and Princess, MC, Sister 1, Trap, Sister 2.

Brody Russell
Brody Russell

Mahouka parody.

Jaxson Watson
Jaxson Watson

Yeah, these are from the upcoming 11th volume.

Nathaniel Hughes
Nathaniel Hughes

They're pretty much the same thing. Reincarnation/trapped in an MMO/fell into a portal/whatever stories are all more or less the same shit as long as the destination is a fantasy world that seems to run on silly vidya mechanics.

Logan Gutierrez
Logan Gutierrez

Thanks. What do you mean NTR'd?

So what's up with the story now? Is it true that the green haired guy is paired with the MC's sister?

Jeremiah Bell
Jeremiah Bell

How about you read it and find out

Lucas Sanders
Lucas Sanders

MC can level a country to the ground all on his own
goes to join the adventurer's guild because the author can't think of another reason why he should travel around the world
the guild uses a totally original system where everyone is ranked E -> SS, you can only pick quests like 2 tiers above you or someshit
MC is placed in the lowest rank because who the fuck knows why

Andrew Watson
Andrew Watson

The biggest pet peeve I have with RPG based fantasy setting not explicitely taking place in a virtual world is how classes ruin characters and encounters.

Early parts of Shield Hero got me because Naofumi can't attack offensively with his shield unless it's magic and can't increase his strength stat. It's like the author never heard of the concept of shield bashing. You have to be pretty strong to get his and not thrown off your feet and none of that played any part in Naofumi's fighting style.

I like that piece from Beet the Vandel Buster where the Lance user of a really prominent Buster (monster hunter) group is talking about the party's shield user. Shield user is your typical Pretty boy that all the girls fawn over and pulls double duty as the party's tank and healer. MC comments on how cool being able to heal is and how he has a newfound respect for shield users (he definitely favors the lance user's personality and fighting style at the time) and shield user proceeds to toss his shield captain america style and break a boulder while also retrieving the shield and walking off stating that his job is to defend the group and attacking isn't something he can do lightly because it leaves the group open to damage.

Stuff like that works. In fact Beet is a really good example of using video game-like logic in a story.

Michael Morris
Michael Morris

If I were the manager of a guild I would run some kind of performance exam or something. Even if a game runs on video game logic that doesn't mean you should put the same god damn gating as a video game.

Adrian Campbell
Adrian Campbell

I think the extra chapter got into that bit and hints that the reason why he survived when he's still a kid is that because he has a special talent that even made the gods surprised about it. Not sure whether it's been explained or not in later chapters though

Xavier Richardson
Xavier Richardson

_

Carter Martin
Carter Martin

I'd rather rape her myself

Hudson Long
Hudson Long

decide to check out the LN
read "hey guys i dont know japanese all i know i've learned from anime"
close the page

Elijah Butler
Elijah Butler

Early parts of Shield Hero got me because Naofumi can't attack offensively with his shield unless it's magic and can't increase his strength stat. It's like the author never heard of the concept of shield bashing.

Attack is its own stat in shieldbro and it's a visible numerical value since weapons can grant attack increases, and you can see how much do they add (eg, generic sword of attack gives an attack+1 bonus). Strength can certainly be increased, but unlike attack it's value has not been shown, and any increases are ambiguous (eg generic "Strength up!"). I have no idea if Strength adds any attack bonuses, but if they do they're minimal in naofumi's case.

The author does introduce shield bashing but it's not as great as you make it sound.

Matthew Powell
Matthew Powell

Whoops i meant to quote that first sentence

Robert King
Robert King

Healing of course

Gavin Murphy
Gavin Murphy

Ore to Kawazu-san no Isekai Hourouki is decent

Kayden Bailey
Kayden Bailey

Imagine going Zombie on everyone else.
What are you gonna do stab me?

Hudson Cook
Hudson Cook

Rapid skill gain. Of course it differs from whatever system the story is using. But I think something like 10x skill speed gain would be fine. That way I could basically learn or do whatever I wanted.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page