Texhnolyze general thread

Aaron Scott
Aaron Scott

Do you like it? Do you not like it? Did you cry like like a bitch during the ending? Discuss about Texhnolyze. I'm not ironical, and I truly want to have a legit Texhnolyze thread.

Positives:
-Visual story telling
-Yoshii (he didn't do nothing wrong, best villain)
-First half is goat
-OST
-OP
-Last 4 episodes are some of the best in the industry's history, final episode made me cry like a bitch.

Negatives:
Rushed 2nd half

I rated it 9/10, too bad they rushed the 2nd half, but it's still one of the best in it's medium and beyond.

All urls found in this thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=994OnlTR-oc&list=RD994OnlTR-oc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZyolm0TOxQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-aujYGbwic&index=3&list=RD994OnlTR-oc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_d-dRXi05s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mvdxhVZD90
Andrew Roberts
Andrew Roberts

BUMP

James Hernandez
James Hernandez

Texh is clearly an experiment, I'm glad that it exists and I binged all episodes without forcing myslef, I like the visual story telling and how clueless we are at the beginning, slowly understanding everything.

The nihilistic ending was a bit of a letdown, I felt like nothing was accomplished even in the representation of this void.

But it was cool and it has an amazing OST.

3 wonderful and amazing tracks in particular flawlessly sum up the anime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=994OnlTR-oc&list=RD994OnlTR-oc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZyolm0TOxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-aujYGbwic&index=3&list=RD994OnlTR-oc

Jose Hall
Jose Hall

Also, Yoshii was right in my opinion. I wanted him to succeed and was sad about the outcome.

Leo Sanchez
Leo Sanchez

I'd disagree on the part where the ending didn't make sense. It did, I'll explain. Before I do, I also wanted Yoshii to succeed. Ending made sense, because they all died because Yoshii failed. His goal was to create a conflict between the gangs, and that that divide caused by gangs would end and citizens of Lux would unite. He thought that the slavation of the human race was in it's primal nature, which would allow them to advance and live on. And Yoshii was right, it's clearly visible when we see Kano trying to take over the city.

Levi Hughes
Levi Hughes

Oh yeah, totally agree with you on these 3 songs!

Noah Campbell
Noah Campbell

Yeah but there is also that whole farseer thing, the prophet girl, like everything is determined in advance and it seems too fatalistic without anyone countering her predictions

Henry Nelson
Henry Nelson

you wake up one day and realize you're a limbless trashhuman
what do?

Mason Cox
Mason Cox

In the first episode she had a vision, but it didn't come true. Her visions are possible, but you can still change it, like it was with the first episode when Yoshii came to her.

You try to make peace with your past, and try to become human again?

Dominic Rodriguez
Dominic Rodriguez

It was a fustercluck of edgy DARKNESS and gangster imagery. Tried to be arty and cool, but ended on a bad note with everyone dying.

Carson Young
Carson Young

ask to be put into the matrix

James Kelly
James Kelly

Ending is good, and goes well with the context of anime. It didn't try to be arty, that's Monogatari you pleb. It succeeded in visual story telling, one of the best examples of it too. It's not edgy, it deals with a theme of human body, dealing with your past, nihilism, philosophical stuff and all that shit, and it does it well.

Brayden Kelly
Brayden Kelly

I also liked how when characters feel pain it felt realistic, because you can see them actually feeling it, unlike most of shounens where they're hurt for a second and then go back in action like it's nothing.

Juan Hughes
Juan Hughes

Where did you all go? ;_;

Dylan Butler
Dylan Butler

general thread

Cooper Nguyen
Cooper Nguyen

The first half is kinda shit, the latter half is excellent, the last four episodes are transcendent

Asher Nelson
Asher Nelson

general thread

You don't belong here.

Nathan Lewis
Nathan Lewis

The thing that bothers me about this anime is what happened to Ran in the end.
She deserved better.

Easton Long
Easton Long

Wow second time I read this here. It's weird, I loved the first half

Brody Ramirez
Brody Ramirez

it was just schlocky kinda dumb fun 80s action with background creating bonds with the characters

Owen Stewart
Owen Stewart

Ichise also deserved better, the ending destroyed me.

First half, although slow, is much better than the first one, with Yoshii alone. 2nd half was rushed, left some things unexplained, but last 4 episodes are GOAT!

fat

Jack Clark
Jack Clark

What was so dumb about the first half? Explain in detail.

Ryder Stewart
Ryder Stewart

what was unexplained?

Nolan Mitchell
Nolan Mitchell

for you

Carson Sullivan
Carson Sullivan

What was there to it? It wasn't very meaningful, but presented a set for the second.

Jace Jackson
Jace Jackson

Sufficiently effectively so that I could not finish the second episode. Twenty minutes of some poor fucker bleeding out is not my idea of entertainment.

David Howard
David Howard

I feel like I missed what made Tex so great. I thought it was interesting, sure, but I can't help but feel that what I should have loved about it is still a complete mystery to me.

Eli Scott
Eli Scott

Texhnolyze general thread
Don't fucking do this, it just highlights how new you are.

Cameron Hughes
Cameron Hughes

It's not supposed to be entertaining.

Blake Sanders
Blake Sanders

Monogatari trying to be artsy. No. And neither was Texhnolyze but it ended up succeeding in becoming the most artistic in all of anime.

Andrew White
Andrew White

Ignore that commend, it was a mistake

Why was it dumb? It was a good set up for the 2nd one and it had a complex villain who was right in his actions, it wasn't dumb.Explain the dumb parts.

Some things aren't meant to be entertaining, as user before me already said.

Maybe you liked the nihilistic atmosphere that the anime had, and it grew on you as you've watched Texhnolyze. Maybe it was because it had one of the best villains in anime ever, Yoshii is best waifu. Maybe it was because of the final 4 episodes? There are a lot of things that you can like in it. Rewatch it when you can, maybe you'll solve the mystery then.

Noted.

this

Logan Price
Logan Price

comment*

What do you mean by "artsy"? 1000 quick shots like Monogatari or meaningful animation that adds to the story, and mostly tells it to you?

Camden Morgan
Camden Morgan

Maybe it was because of the final 4 episodes?
I thought the final 4 episodes were fantastic.
There are a lot of things that you can like in it. Rewatch it when you can, maybe you'll solve the mystery then.
What mystery? There doesn't seem like there is one to solve.

Hudson Anderson
Hudson Anderson

You're the one who used that phrasing in your original post

Carson Williams
Carson Williams

1000 quick shots in a minute*

Lucas Wilson
Lucas Wilson

I believe there are other factors that have influence on how much you gonna enjoy a show. Aside from the quality of the show itself and how much shows of the same genre you've watched before, I think your overall mood and the speed that you watch the can have a major impact on how much apprecite the show.

That's pretty much the reason why I marked Lain as a 'rewatch' on my backlog, I don't think I've watched it properly the first time. And yes, I can enjoy an anime I've watched before as it was my first time seeing it.

Jason Sullivan
Jason Sullivan

but I can't help but feel that what I should'ev loved about it is still a complete mystery to me.

Asher Sanders
Asher Sanders

Aside from the quality of the show itself and how much shows of the same genre you've watched before, I think your overall mood and the speed that you watch the can have a major impact on how much apprecite the show.
That's pretty much the reason why I marked Lain as a 'rewatch' on my backlog, I don't think I've watched it properly the first time. And yes, I can enjoy an anime I've watched before as it was my first time seeing it.
I suspect that Texhnolyze was designed to be appreciated the first time you watch it, unlike Lain. Nonetheless, I see where you're coming from, and I want to clarify that Texhnolyze is a series I plan to re-watch at some point, at the very least.

Regardless, Lain is a series which I've enjoyed more and more with every single re-watch, and I've reached the point where I've seen that series a good 5 or so times now. Trust me that Lain is the sort of series that you'll love more and more the more you see it again. Personally, I thought Lain was a ~6/10 the first time I saw it and now it's my personal favourite series of all time.

James Hernandez
James Hernandez

Then what is the point of watching it?

Justin Cook
Justin Cook

Too feel miserable and kill yourself.

Levi Sullivan
Levi Sullivan

Lane was great, but I liked Texhnolyze more. I need to finish rewatching Lane, currently rewatching it and I'm on ep 4.

Ian Harris
Ian Harris

general thread
Fuck off.

John Cook
John Cook

Baby gonna cry?

Matthew Smith
Matthew Smith

Episodes 5 and 9 are the most crucial to understanding what's going on when it comes to Lain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_d-dRXi05s

Episode 5 gives you the understanding of the symbolism at play - episode 9 tells you in a straightforward manner what's going on.

Lincoln James
Lincoln James

I already know that, I just wanna remind myself of Lain's greatness.

Liam Williams
Liam Williams

Art can be more than just enjoyable you fucking philistine.

Charles Cox
Charles Cox

Kill yourself reddit or MALfag

Kayden Johnson
Kayden Johnson

'muh nihilism'
For the last fucking time Texhnolyze has nihililstic themes but its pure message is that of rejecting nihilism. it's not a 9-10/10 just cause of its themes.

Grayson Sanders
Grayson Sanders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mvdxhVZD90

Levi Gomez
Levi Gomez

the only valid goal for any outward expression is to achieve entertainment/pleasure

Sounds like you'd benefit from watching the entire thing.

Anthony Taylor
Anthony Taylor

Is your favorite show Mirai Nikki? Because you're pretty edgy.

Tyler Phillips
Tyler Phillips

And I didn't claim that it was a 9/10 or 10/10 purely because of it's themes, it was great all around, not just because of it's themes.

Xavier White
Xavier White

Well, enjoy then!

Henry Robinson
Henry Robinson

I surely will!

Lincoln Lewis
Lincoln Lewis

The fact that Yoshii didn't last longer gives the show a large blemish

Gavin Ward
Gavin Ward

I disagree

Dominic Campbell
Dominic Campbell

I expected him to play a bigger role for some reason.

Isaiah Scott
Isaiah Scott

muh Yoshii
Kill yourself.

Luis Barnes
Luis Barnes

Same.

Camden Long
Camden Long

Well, he still was very relevant after his death, because it was clear that he was right with his plan.

Samuel Cook
Samuel Cook

Yoshii was great though. He really carried the first half of the show for me.

Samuel Johnson
Samuel Johnson

Best track.

Christian Ortiz
Christian Ortiz

I suspect that Texhnolyze was designed to be appreciated the first time you watch it, unlike Lain.
Can't really agree with that. All the ABe-related shows tend to have a lot of re-watch value and I doubt it's possible to take in all the details--visual, thematic, or othewise--that Texhnolyze offers on just the first watch.

It's certainly helped by having 22 episodes but Texh does a phenomenal job of building a rich setting and juggling that with an ensemble cast and all of their respective factions. I don't really think many anime originals can match it on that front.

Nicholas Bennett
Nicholas Bennett

What did they mean by this?

Ryder Watson
Ryder Watson

That he did, he's goat villain and best waifu.

Sebastian Watson
Sebastian Watson

Texhnolyze
Rushed
What, the first half was just too slow, the 2nd half went to the usual pace you will find.

Easton Evans
Easton Evans

Everyone dies.

Andrew Jenkins
Andrew Jenkins

Totally.

David Jenkins
David Jenkins

Then what is the point of watching it?
This is funny to me, I usually dont watch what doesnt give me enjoyment. But Tex is one of the first anime's that I pushed myself through, it was so interesting even thought it didnt fulfill my enjoyment. Forcing myself through was completely worth.

Dominic Ross
Dominic Ross

enjoyment is the shallowest appeal.
You'll never grow out of pleasure, nor will you find happiness from it.

Alexander Stewart
Alexander Stewart

Tex is one of kind experience.

Jaxson Brooks
Jaxson Brooks

Texhnolyze is one of the most relaxing anime I've ever watched.

Angel Perry
Angel Perry

So you didn't enjoy it?

Camden Butler
Camden Butler

Texhnolyze is not enjoyable at all, but it's one of my favorite anime.

Zachary Myers
Zachary Myers

Juno reactor and gackt are pretty entertaining desu.

Mason Sanchez
Mason Sanchez

Autism.

Sebastian King
Sebastian King

And Yoshii was right, it's clearly visible when we see Kano trying to take over the city.
Lux will always be filled with conflict
If Yoshii really wanted to hel, he should have planned to kill Kano first instead of forcing his shitty philosophy onto the people of Lux.
He's prety much the opposite of Kano. Everyone was just a victim of their respective agendas
Yosshi was a dumbass who thought the slightest peace would turn Lux into a peaceful place filled with madness like the surface world.
The only people who tragically died with the best intentions and could have potentially lead Lux to a better organized gang future was Onishi and Ichise

Caleb Foster
Caleb Foster

And only being able to appreciate art for shallow reasons isn't ?
Get over your escapist adolescent behaviors

Isaac Ross
Isaac Ross

The group that Ran was with was the only actively fatalistic group in the entire series - those fuckers literally arm Kano's Shape army themselves despite Ran's predictions. Everyone else, including Ran, still does their best to fight back.

Easton Hernandez
Easton Hernandez

I think Texh is chuuni anime made by intelligent creators. I really love it.

Oliver Murphy
Oliver Murphy

what's chunni?

Noah Bennett
Noah Bennett

No we don't.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page