Doesnt her mouth hurt from being like this all the time?

Angel Jackson
Angel Jackson

Doesnt her mouth hurt from being like this all the time?

Hudson Robinson
Hudson Robinson

anons so depressed they are worried happiness might be hurtful

Thomas Stewart
Thomas Stewart

There you go OP.

Brandon White
Brandon White

I'm sure you are not used to laughing or being happy, but it doesn't hurt user. I hope some day you can experience it for yourself.

Nolan Allen
Nolan Allen

Sometimes she closes it.

Ryan Brown
Ryan Brown

Hair is not suppose to be green

Jace Roberts
Jace Roberts

you will never be Yotsuba's dad or atleast adopt her
you two will never have silly fun every single day
she'll never wake you up early in the morning with a big smile on her face and call you "Daddy"
you will never be friends with and hang out with Jumbo
you will never have 4 pristine pussies to fuck whenever you want in the next-door house
you will be comfy and work from home as a translator
I actually want to die

Levi Reyes
Levi Reyes

Why is everyone so nice in this manga, even to complete strangers.
Everyone's so cold here

Carson Adams
Carson Adams

because it's not real
real world sucks

Christian Watson
Christian Watson

fuzzy select
Learn to color to alpha.

Charles Powell
Charles Powell

Teach me. What exactly did I do wrong?

Isaiah Howard
Isaiah Howard

The automatic select tool only selects pixels within a certain range. When you turn those transparent that leaves all other pixels non-transparent.
But the remaining pixels are not all black.
That means, around the black outlines of Yotsuba there is now a light-grey (almost white) outline of pixels that you failed to address.
There's also dirt pixels within the transparent area that are just floating in mid-air.
Give me a few seconds, I'll do it better. Then I'll explain the correct tool for a job like this.

Liam Butler
Liam Butler

I appreciate what you are doing user.

Isaiah Morgan
Isaiah Morgan

You guys excited for Vol. 13 coming out in English soon? Not too long from now.

Gavin Carter
Gavin Carter

Maybe her butt hurts.

Connor Wright
Connor Wright

What I did here is a really cheap job. The floating pixels still exist, but they aren't as notable now that they are semi-transparent. (if you wanted to do this properly you'd clean the picture properly)
Color to alpha turns a chosen color to transparency. If you turn white to alpha, then grey turns to semi-transparent black. It looks the same on a white background, but you'll notice the difference on any other background.
With non black&white images the effect is a bit more complicated.

Color to alpha is gimp exclusive. You won't be able to use it in photoshop.

Nicholas Nelson
Nicholas Nelson

not the same user but took a swing at it

Juan Gray
Juan Gray

You still have the light grey outline, though yours is much prettier because it's consistent.

Ryan Foster
Ryan Foster

though yours is much prettier because it's consistent

Justin Miller
Justin Miller

cont.
Because [white] to alpha changes the appearance of every pixel that is not purely black, you don't want to do a fuzzy select of the white background. Instead, what you want to do is to select ON the outline.
So long as the outline is black, it'll look perfect. Just be careful if the outline is not perfectly black. In that case, you select as far on the outer edge of the outline as possible.

Daniel Rodriguez
Daniel Rodriguez

You can see the difference for yourself.

Blake Clark
Blake Clark

I'll do that in the future, just for reference what I actually did was way simpler than what you're talking about. I literally just Bucket Fill'd the outside in a gold color and then did [the gold color] to alpha.

Jack Scott
Jack Scott

Effectively you went a very roundabout way to do the same thing as fuzzy select - delete.

Eli Fisher
Eli Fisher

Happiness never hurts

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page