How accurately does anime depict affection between siblings? Does brother often...

James Rodriguez
James Rodriguez

How accurately does anime depict affection between siblings? Does brother often hug his sister in Japan, or this just an anime thing? When was the last time that you hugged your sister?

Gabriel Clark
Gabriel Clark

My imouto hates me, but loves my younger brother. So I guess it's random.

Asher Hughes
Asher Hughes

How accurately does anime depict affection between siblings?
If by affection you mean "I want oniichan's ochinchin" then it's not an accurate depiction at all, it's just fetish pandering.
Does brother often hug his sister in Japan, or this just an anime thing?
I don't know about Japan, but where I live it's not uncommon or strange.
When was the last time that you hugged your sister?
Probably 10 years ago or so, but that's because, even though we still live together, we strangely grew distant from each other

Justin Moore
Justin Moore

Were you emotionally neglected? It's a common thing to hug your family members. I hug my nee-chan everyday when we return from work.

Daniel Reed
Daniel Reed

The Westermarck effect applies there too.
Incest is the fantasy of the single child.

Joseph Brown
Joseph Brown

I hug my nee-chan everyday
That's not fucking normal. Did you grow up together?

Asher Ward
Asher Ward

That's not fucking normal
Not him, but why?

Zachary Bailey
Zachary Bailey

i put my hand over her shoulder or waist when taking pics. That's all the physical contact we get now that she's a self conscious teen.

Dylan Nelson
Dylan Nelson

he's obviously underaged b8.

David White
David White

Most anime aren't meant to accurately portray anything, whether it's school life or work life or home life.
Yesterday, we're close.

Aaron Hill
Aaron Hill

Pretty much hug my sister regularly. Nothing sexy though

Thomas Watson
Thomas Watson

My sister is 5 so pretty much hug all day.

Jace Diaz
Jace Diaz

Man, the incest ending for Oreimo came out of nowhere. I don't think anyone thought the author would actually go there.

Xavier Nelson
Xavier Nelson

No one thought they would take it that far, but you really can't say that it wasn't a possible outcome from the first episode.

Angel Perry
Angel Perry

I hated my sister so much that I moved out.

Adrian Ortiz
Adrian Ortiz

Imouto are the worst.

Joshua James
Joshua James

I still thought it was unlikely. The other girls were lovely. Kyo didn't seem to like Kirino that much, making an ending with the other girls more likely.

Justin Gray
Justin Gray

We're fairly indifferent towards each other. I cannot recall a time when we've genuinely hugged. I cannot say I hate my imouto, but she is not someone I hold in high regard.

David Nguyen
David Nguyen

What, seriously? In a series called my little sister can't be this cute?

It quickly became obvious he cared for her the most, his own tsundere nature aside. Are you bad with subtext and reading between the lines?

Hunter Cooper
Hunter Cooper

Alright reverse search aint doing shit, pls sauce me

Henry Harris
Henry Harris

To be fair, all the other girls would never have been a possibility if it weren't for Kirino. Except for Manami who got the least action out of all of them.

Alexander Baker
Alexander Baker

The title could have just been a hook. Besides, it's not like the title was "I am going to marry and French kiss my sister". It just implies that said sister is cute.

Blake Price
Blake Price

search part of the title on exhentai or wherever you dingus.

Andrew Flores
Andrew Flores

I'm Russian and never hugged family members. Handshake is normal for relatives and family though.

Thomas Bennett
Thomas Bennett

Not accurate at all, most of us who have siblings have a love hate bond with them, I rarely ever hug my big or little sister unless its for family occasions or something I have an incest fetish but my mind recoils at the idea of fucking my real sisters, but my female cousins are rare game.

Isaiah Gutierrez
Isaiah Gutierrez

I thought they had a suggestive relationship. I don't care for the series but anyone not open to the draw of the series being the end was deluding themselves.

Evan Diaz
Evan Diaz

Anime depicts brother-sister relations as accurately as it depicts anything else. Like fighting, magic, or highschool.

Anthony Sanchez
Anthony Sanchez

i did, nothin'

Jayden Gray
Jayden Gray

I hug my sister whenever I get to see her, which is remarkably less often than it should be

Jacob Ramirez
Jacob Ramirez

Fuck me never mind, i searched the file name, didnt realize the title was inside the page. Disregard everything.

Adam Lewis
Adam Lewis

In russia you need one hand free for the vodka

Christopher Lopez
Christopher Lopez

Good taste, who like old an busted anyway.

Aiden Garcia
Aiden Garcia

Recently finished watching Oreimo.
That ending hit me with a hammer.
I wanted 'em to marry eachother, and be a happy couple.
I think I'm going to flush down a 0,5 liter Smirnoff.
I don't hate the ending, nor do I love it.
But it killed me emotionally.
Why are last episodes the worst episodes always ?

Brody Wood
Brody Wood

Ok, so who in the thread is going to brush their sisters teeth right now.

Make sure you call it a challenge or something, like she isnt allowed to laugh.

Ryan Stewart
Ryan Stewart

They still are a happy couple, read the After Story. Also I don't have the pastebin that explains the ending, but you can look for it in the archives.

Caleb Sanders
Caleb Sanders

i dont hate my sister and she probably doesnt hate me but we arent close at all, and since i started living alone we are just acquaintances, i think i "love" any of my friends more than her

Robert Miller
Robert Miller

The title literally means My little sister can't be this cute
80% of the anime/novel is based upon her relationship with his brother
She's obsessed with brother/sister incest eroge
Multiple episodes teasing their relationship (fake boyfriend episode, wedding dress episode)
Yeah, you're right

Landon Torres
Landon Torres

Well, someone needs to keep the sister fucking tradition alive.

Adam Hill
Adam Hill

But I'm an only child OP.

;_;

Matthew Martinez
Matthew Martinez

She probably feels the same way about her weirdo older/younger brother.

Hunter Flores
Hunter Flores

what's it like having an imouto/onee-chan and having access to their pantsu? You might not be directly attracted to them but everyone is attracted to pantsu

Easton Thomas
Easton Thomas

Yahari has a nice enough doting sibling relationship in there I think, regardless of what the rest of the show is like.

Bentley Cox
Bentley Cox

Does Watamote have a realistic depiction of sibling relationship?

James Hall
James Hall

Nothing special.
My imouto sometimes forgets her used panties in the bathroom, but I never touched them.

Leo Brown
Leo Brown

Bretty gud. Used to borrow them and sniff them before I moved out.

I still have a pair.

Ian Lee
Ian Lee

Umaru is a surprisingly realistic portrayal of having a little sister.

Lucas Moore
Lucas Moore

I regularly got into fights with my younger brother

I guess that's sort of anime

Josiah Hall
Josiah Hall

Was anything about human relationships ever been described accurately in anime?
Don't know much about real japanese domestic life. I can recall a manga which in a father find it strange that gaijins hugs their children so often.
Last week. But hugging is pretty common in my country even between just acquaintance.

John Turner
John Turner

Very badly.

Bentley White
Bentley White

hugging is pretty common in my country even between just acquaintance
Must be a really good country.

Blake Garcia
Blake Garcia

For pickpockets.

Isaac Scott
Isaac Scott

So if your wife births a son you just shake his hand and place him in a crib?

Kayden Clark
Kayden Clark

2nd world hellhole, but thanks for our leaders not for our common folks.

Jack Gray
Jack Gray

Westermarck effect
Doesn't exist.

Ryan James
Ryan James

Buddy I'm not gonna judge you for having an incest fetish but there's no need to be retarded trying to justify it.

Christopher Cruz
Christopher Cruz

He is right though, the Westermark effect is pseudo scientific bullshit and not to be taken seriously.

Hunter Anderson
Hunter Anderson

My little sister was head over heels in love with me until I had to tell her that she's just confusing different types of love. Then she stopped speaking with me.

Ryder Gomez
Ryder Gomez

Then why do 99.99% of siblings not feel sexual attraction to eachother?

Jaxon Lewis
Jaxon Lewis

I have five sisters of varying ages older and younger than me. Never had any attraction, and I am a pervert.

Isaac White
Isaac White

being a terribad oniichan
COMMIT SUDOKU!

Bentley Stewart
Bentley Stewart

pretty badly actually, all that cutesty onii-chan shit isn't real and she has never called me by anything but my name

Whenever i see her/she is leaving yeah, we are pretty close

She came over to my place yesterday to help me shop for our mom and we went out for dinner, We hugged a few times

Samuel Reed
Samuel Reed

I don't have a sister but I'm pretty sure this is normal.

Parker Thompson
Parker Thompson

Apparently not perverted enough

nice quads

Christopher Cruz
Christopher Cruz

Doesn't matter, that effect has no scientific reasoning, it's just an observation/speculation. Look into any biology book, it gets shit on everywhere. We shouldn't get into this "debate" anyway, the thread is already bad enough with the blogging.

Tyler Turner
Tyler Turner

These threads are nothing but blogging in the first place.

Oliver Reyes
Oliver Reyes

Bro I already explained, I'm not judging you for having an incest fetish. I don't care in the slightest, you don't need to get all defensive and delusional trying to pretend it's totally realistic and everybody wants to fuck their sister.

Landon Price
Landon Price

I'm Russian as well and hugging was always normal in my family.

Sebastian Morales
Sebastian Morales

I haven't had a conversation with my younger sister beyond asking her to pass me the ketchup in 5 years and I live in the same house as her

Nolan Gomez
Nolan Gomez

I only see my imouto every second weekend, but I hug and headpat her every time I visit her. We get along well.

David Gutierrez
David Gutierrez

Me and my sister are pretty close, it's not like we fuck each other or anything but we did plenty of weird things, for example, we both took off our clothes and pissed on the carpet ( don't judge us, we were young)

Samuel Davis
Samuel Davis

There's still something that prevents people who grow up together from finding one another sexually appealing, and given how incest taboo exists and has existed (almost) everywhere, it's not something completely caused by society, (though this can have, and has, an influence)

Wyatt Ramirez
Wyatt Ramirez

My sister is a fussy little shit that will complain about almost anything and everything given the chance. She's also a hypocrite and will start trouble over the tiniest issues.

Real life a shit.

Charles Richardson
Charles Richardson

This, I haven't even touched mine for probably 6 or 7 years, irl sisters are garbage

tfw anime is making me want something really badly that I know doesn't exist anyway

Eli Walker
Eli Walker

incest taboo exists and has existed (almost) everywhere
That taboo has practical reasons behind it.

Nolan Martinez
Nolan Martinez

Yes, and?

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page