Defend this woman

Thomas Rodriguez
Thomas Rodriguez

Defend this woman.

All urls found in this thread:
http://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_Analysis:Sexuality_In_Misato_and_Shinji%27s_Relationship
http://wiki.evageeks.org/Episode_23
Matthew Robinson
Matthew Robinson

What did she do wrong?

Juan Watson
Juan Watson

who wouldn't want to fuck shinji

Zachary Williams
Zachary Williams

sickos

Jonathan Foster
Jonathan Foster

I don't see an accusation.
What was her crime?

Gabriel Reyes
Gabriel Reyes

Fuck you Misato is best girl. Fucking pervs looking at all those 14 year old girls and then you got Misato whose a super hot teacher and shit wtf Misato is awesome

Daniel Russell
Daniel Russell

Shinji is a literial fag, I would have fucked anything at his age.

Elijah Roberts
Elijah Roberts

I pity her.
Kaworu was able to seduce Shinji in 5 seconds and she couldn't even get him to hold her hand.

Anthony Taylor
Anthony Taylor

They were there for each other at a time when their need was great. This thread should be defend Shinji turning her down.

Jacob Miller
Jacob Miller

There's nothing wrong with offering sex if you can't comfort someone otherwise, it's not up to someone else to comfort you at all. Sure he wasn't exactly in the mood but it would have helped me in his position.

I don't agree with her shit diet and drinking habit but she's good at her job anyway so whatever.

Isaiah Lee
Isaiah Lee

We should be commending the kid, it would have been wrong on so many levels for him to do that

Robert Wright
Robert Wright

She's a pretty horrible person. I guess she finds comfort in sex but that's pretty bad when taking care of a 14 year old who already has enough problems without having to deal with her stupid problems of not having enough cock.

Hunter Carter
Hunter Carter

She died protecting him.

Luis Gomez
Luis Gomez

She knew that they would both be dead within 24 hours.

Anthony Morgan
Anthony Morgan

She also erotically kissed a minor to get her one last fix of sexual fulfillment in the same scene.

Brody Carter
Brody Carter

How so? She was going to die either way. Yeah she risked a lot but it's not like she dived in front of a bullet meant for him.

Christopher Morales
Christopher Morales

She offered Shinji sex.

That actually brings up a good point. Why didn't Shinji accept? Isn't this sort of intimacy exactly what he wanted?

Leo James
Leo James

Defend this woman.

30 year old cake being 30 year old cake.
You can also defend birds because they fly, or fish because they swim. It's natural for them to be fucked, this is why they are 30 year old cakes.

Alexander Butler
Alexander Butler

Lucky little shit.

Hunter Reed
Hunter Reed

I don't think so. I mean he could've fucked most of the main girls at one point or another.

Austin Jackson
Austin Jackson

she did that? what the fuck it must be way too long since i've last seen this show

Juan Ross
Juan Ross

Why didn't Shinji accept?
He has no male role model and no idea what is normal for him to do, and he's paranoid that acting out on his sexual desires is going to lead to rejection and abandonment. That's one of the core themes of NGE.

Kayden Bell
Kayden Bell

Because he thinks vagina is scary.

Luis Ramirez
Luis Ramirez

I mean he could've fucked most of the main girls at one point or another.
No he couldn't. How the hell could he have fucked anyone but Misato?

Adam Miller
Adam Miller

How so?

Killing the two soldiers who had him at gunpoint maybe? Dragging his ass to the elevator while fending the kill squad off? Yeah, she didn't intend to take a bullet during all that bullshit, but how can you not see how she died protecting him?

Kayden Scott
Kayden Scott

wanting a pity fuck
wanting to fuck a used up slut

shinji did the right thing here

Ethan Hernandez
Ethan Hernandez

Intimacy isn't what Shinji sought at all. Shinji's desire of love stems from the absence of his parents. Additionally, the love needed to be unconditional as a parent's love for their child. Shinji found love from his classmates and Kaworu.
Shinji never really seemed interested in the opposite sex. You could make a case for him being homosexual with the Kaworu thing, but I have a feeling he was a late bloomer in puberty.

Dylan Jones
Dylan Jones

i guess he didnt want pity sex

Connor Jones
Connor Jones

She offered Shinji sex.
That actually brings up a good point. Why didn't Shinji accept?
Don't get me wrong, I would have accepted it, but I can totally see why someone wouldn't.

Dominic Jones
Dominic Jones

There is a point where he could definitely do whatever he wanted with Rei.

There are several points where Asuka comes on strongly and would probably do it.

That said, he does jack off on her, if I remember correctly.

Cooper Watson
Cooper Watson

There are several points where Asuka comes on strongly and would probably do it.
I wonder about that. Would kissing Shinji have ever satisfied her, or was he actually so stiff and awkward about it that it made her mad?

Liam Hill
Liam Hill

He just wanted someone to accept him for who he was.
The only people in the show who did that were Kensuke, Touji, and Kaworu. Which is why he felt the most comfortable around them.

Landon Martinez
Landon Martinez

I see it as she died helping him. She had no intention to die. I said she took a big risk and it was pretty heroic but I wouldn't say she was a martyr.

Samuel Reyes
Samuel Reyes

There is a point where he could definitely do whatever he wanted with Rei.
Are you saying Shinji could have just raped her? Seriously?
I don't think so. Even the kiss scene had was forced and turned her off. The only way Shinji could have gotten laid with her is if he acted like a completely different person (which would make him not-Shinji).

Jordan Ramirez
Jordan Ramirez

I highly doubt she was truly mad at all. She deeply kissed him for 32 seconds (yes, I counted it). The only reason she stopped is because Shinji pulled away for air.

Shinji had so many opportunities to sleep with Asuka, but he wasn't ready.

Hudson Kelly
Hudson Kelly

The only reason she stopped is because Shinji pulled away for air.
Would have been funny if he just breathed in through her mouth.

Carson Jackson
Carson Jackson

So she wanted one last dicking before she died and turned to the nearest male she could find.
What a splendid woman.

Cameron Allen
Cameron Allen

Shinji could have just raped her?
No, granted she wouldn't pursue the idea or even bring it up but she definitely wouldn't be opposed.
I don't think so
I think you missed a core part of Asuka's character.

Christian Martin
Christian Martin

Me and a friend watched the show in the 90s when we were in elementary school. We vehemently disagreed about whether she was actually going to jump his bone, and we argued about it for years (I for bone jumping, him against).
We didn't get our hands on EoE until we were in high school when the dvds became a thing. The sheer magnificence of my "I told you so" dance after she shoved her tongue down his throat made the angels weep Sup Forums, I tell you what. He had to rewind like 15 minutes.

Bentley Cox
Bentley Cox

sex with a little gay boy is wrong!

Oliver Scott
Oliver Scott

The guys if forced to get in the fucking robot all the time. Least she could do is give him some fun.

Christian Russell
Christian Russell

No, granted she wouldn't pursue the idea or even bring it up but she definitely wouldn't be opposed.
That's rape in post-Tumblr world

Isaac Hill
Isaac Hill

Silence still gives consent in a court of law, but even Rei would have told him no. That dude is weird af t.b.h familia.

Nathan Peterson
Nathan Peterson

I wonder what would happen if nge was realeased now? Ir god forbid EoE tumblr would lose their minds with the jerking off and choking.

Jason Taylor
Jason Taylor

Why do nge threads that aren't waifu shit die so quickly?

Jonathan Roberts
Jonathan Roberts

Nothing left to say about a 20 year old show that has been discussed by Sup Forums for 11 years, honestly.

Wyatt Long
Wyatt Long

That's fair I suppose.

Brody Flores
Brody Flores

Eva is really popular on tumblr though.

Wyatt Harris
Wyatt Harris

(OP)

Holy shit. I've seen this show a million times and I never once considered she was actually offering herself to him. I swear, I just thought she was just offering her hand to hold. Is this really what's going on anons? Or is OP leading me astray?

The most I remember about this scene is how good the voice actress for Misato was as she says "I'm sorry" in a trembling voice when Shinji refuses her.

Noah Clark
Noah Clark

Saigado will never draw Misato again until 4.0 which is never ever

Matthew Hernandez
Matthew Hernandez

This scene is one of the few that surprised me in this show. Believe it or not I wasn't really thinking about Shinji as all my sympathy was geared towards Misato. I've probably not felt as bad for any anime character since this. Truly one of the saddest things I've ever witnessed in anime. I wish I could have protected her smile.

Jonathan Ross
Jonathan Ross

Asukas depression was really bad as well, especially the episode where she was playing games down Hikaries house. I think it was episode twenty three.

Levi Cook
Levi Cook

He does exactly what she tells him to and she's hurt he doesn't push it. Same girl was upset he didn't attack her in the middle of the night after she used Bible trivia and doubletalk to invite him.

Matthew King
Matthew King

Shinji, you dumb motherfucker. He would have been the most based MC of all time had he released all his pent up emotion and fucked Misato silly right then and there.

Mason Nguyen
Mason Nguyen

She literally blew herself up so the commandos couldn't follow Shinji to unit 1's hangar. That's way more than taking a bullet for someone.

Daniel Cox
Daniel Cox

Defend this woman.

Carter Lopez
Carter Lopez

Because she pulled him in front of herself instead. Misato abandoned her post during a military invasion to get him to a weapon that couldn't fight infantry without collapsing headquarters, was shot shielding him with her body, and told him there's still life after seeing the apocalypse at 14 years old while her lungs are filling with blood.

Tyler Hernandez
Tyler Hernandez

Honestly

Are we sure she just didn't do everything she did out of pity/duty she felt towards him as a human being in order to improve his quality of life or something like that?

Cameron Hall
Cameron Hall

Yes. Since the fourth episode.

Chase Miller
Chase Miller

At first it was like that, then Misato gradually got stressed and unable to contain her needs, then Kaji dying brought her way past the edge. She even gives up beer to drink coffee like Kaji does.

Sebastian Davis
Sebastian Davis

She offered Shinji sex.
There's nothing like that in the show.

Adam Murphy
Adam Murphy

Defend this woman.
She's hot and I'd fuck her.

Liam Hernandez
Liam Hernandez

You clearly didn't pay enough attention. Her mom being a slut and her not knowing any way to communicate affection other than physically as a result is a defining piece of her character.

Nathan Howard
Nathan Howard

Cool, got any more fanwank and conjecture?

Basically, you're pathetic. Get a grip on reality please.

Isaac Morris
Isaac Morris

She was like his only figure similar to a mother, and that would ruin it.

Isaiah Jones
Isaiah Jones

Nope, that's fake intimacy and a shortcut to avoid solving problems and creating a real relationship immature people use.

That's why Shinji didn't accept and felt depressed.

Shinji is the only sane person in NGE:

Logan Williams
Logan Williams

Shinji is the only sane person in NGE.
Kaji? The only insane thing I remember him doing is asking Shinji if Misato is still a minx in bed.
Shinji could have known, too.

Benjamin Rogers
Benjamin Rogers

Shinji
not an immature child

Ryan Ramirez
Ryan Ramirez

Except he literally is a child.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson

Exactly. The only reason why he "runs away" is because others have always rejected him. Most of the time in the series he does the first step and takes responsibilities..
Nah.

David Stewart
David Stewart

Nah.
Such a convincing argument.

Isaac Morgan
Isaac Morgan

Not him but in his defense Kaji's a huge cunt.

Carter Bailey
Carter Bailey

She wasn't protecting him she was dragging him to his eva. On top of that I always figured she wanted to get him to his eva so he could save nerv (including herself).

Christopher Campbell
Christopher Campbell

In what way? Because he's a double agent?

Nathaniel Ross
Nathaniel Ross

OK
Where are my weapons?

Isaac Sullivan
Isaac Sullivan

And she thought kaji would have wanted this
What a fucking whore
Worse than german man and toilet

Robert Foster
Robert Foster

No, just his core personality is that of a cunt.

Wyatt Edwards
Wyatt Edwards

Misato was dead as fuck, that's why she kissed him. If she thought she had the slightest chance of survival she would have never done that.

Charles Torres
Charles Torres

Because he fucked your waifu and Ritsuko? That's lame as fuck for an excuse.

Jason Davis
Jason Davis

He's a fucking spy. Spies are well known to have mental issues.

Cooper Wilson
Cooper Wilson

I'm not doubting she fuckin died. I'm just saying she didn't die protecting shinji. Also
she would never have done that
That's purely an assumption on your part.

Asher Brown
Asher Brown

How fucking smart is Shinji to not make a move on Asuka in this scene?
A vulnerable teenage girl lays down in his bed and tells him to say her name.
Kid knows not to stick his dick in crazy, though

Jaxson Thomas
Jaxson Thomas

she didn't die protecting shinji
And how would you be so positive about this. The fact is, she did have some sort of pity/connection with Shinji and the Eva plug is the safest place for anyone to be during invasion and the possibl 3rd impact.

Ian Clark
Ian Clark

That was in the manga, though. In EoE Misato just bled out alone after Shinji's elevator left, and subsequently the elevator platform she was on was blown up externally by bombs.

Colton Wilson
Colton Wilson

Better yet you stick it in and then act first.

Lincoln Brown
Lincoln Brown

sane
in NGE
No such thing.

Juan Foster
Juan Foster

Is this the rebuilds?

Ryan Moore
Ryan Moore

Yes.

Colton Ross
Colton Ross

Best girl.

Easton Campbell
Easton Campbell

No.

Zachary Gomez
Zachary Gomez

There's something rather unnerving about that picture...

It just doesn't look right, you dig?

Asher Robinson
Asher Robinson

Yes.

Aaron Parker
Aaron Parker

awful diet
alcoholic
sex fiend
You know what? Now I know why Sup Forums likes Misato so much, they have a lot in common.

Carson Perry
Carson Perry

Misato's pussy is looser than my asshole after 10 years in prison.

Daniel Sanchez
Daniel Sanchez

I have no sex drive anymore and I am straight edge, couldn't be more different.

Benjamin Jackson
Benjamin Jackson

That's a myth. The ass one is true though.

Julian Price
Julian Price

I would have fucked anything at his age.
You still would user

Carson Johnson
Carson Johnson

With assertions that wrapping herself around him and pushing him out of gunfire isn't protection. She's not hit incidentally, she was dragging him before then.

Nolan Rogers
Nolan Rogers

she's probably had sex with less than 3 guys in her life
misato isn't a slut, she mostly slept with kaji for her fix

Cameron Rodriguez
Cameron Rodriguez

And Kaji was the one who loosened it. That mighty dick destroys what it penetrates.

Luke Cook
Luke Cook

just making sure we're clear about the slut thing
100% untrue

Samuel Hill
Samuel Hill

Used goods.

Caleb Bell
Caleb Bell

Nice ad hominem but no he's just a cunt.

Dominic Rogers
Dominic Rogers

Not enough teen Misato.

Grayson Jenkins
Grayson Jenkins

how would you be so positive about this
I can't but then again you can't either. We never see if she was sheilding shinji or she was just dragging him along. I assume it was the latter because she had to drag him everywhere up until that point.

Sebastian Allen
Sebastian Allen

Well she would've fucked pretty much anyone so it depends on your definition of slut I guess.

Wyatt Carter
Wyatt Carter

Shinji is pretty cute.

Luke White
Luke White

Watch the scene again lmao. It's heavily implied.

Ryan Lewis
Ryan Lewis

she's probably had sex with less than 3 guys in her life
not a slut

Owen Robinson
Owen Robinson

watch it agn lmoa ist implied ;)

IIRC it implied that you're a pathetic faggot.

Grayson Ross
Grayson Ross

I don't remember this scene at all.
I'm guessing it wasn't shown? Is there a video up of this, I need to rewatch.

Logan Cook
Logan Cook

Impressive. You sure showed me.

Aiden Cox
Aiden Cox

I sure did, didn't I.

David Green
David Green

The only possible defense was that she didn't know he was a literal little faggot.

Ryder Scott
Ryder Scott

Has 4.0 been canceled or something?

Isaac Collins
Isaac Collins

3.0+1.0 was garbage in movie format.

4.0, who fucking cares at this point.

Benjamin Campbell
Benjamin Campbell

not caring about the end to the fucking eva franchise
yes 3.33 was BAD compared to all other eva material but really? no end? are you really satisfied with the original end?

Wyatt Peterson
Wyatt Peterson

Is an exception made for Rei? She might not know anything about normal sex but she wants to become one.

Justin Ward
Justin Ward

nah, I'll judge and would would try to get it with her anyway

Michael Roberts
Michael Roberts

I liked those, but 3.0 came out like 4 years ago. Maybe they remade it two times or ran out of money and are finishing with still shots.

Alexander Nelson
Alexander Nelson

The original ending was fine, EoE was great. Both were great.

Rebuild doesn't really deserve to be finished.

Jack Nelson
Jack Nelson

literal fags who fap to tits

Okay user.

Luke Morgan
Luke Morgan

The original ending didn't resolve anything and while EoE did, nothing made sense.

Andrew Williams
Andrew Williams

Anyone notice when she sits down on the bed? The camera is at an angle where it looks like the chair is Shinjis dick and she sits on it. Fuckin master Anno does it again.

Austin Peterson
Austin Peterson

Man, just rewatch it
It all makes perfect sense if you pay attention.

Charles Carter
Charles Carter

Poor girl had no clue what was coming. Also I just realised that Misato is pretty much female Shinji having both witnessed essentially the end of the world in front row seats. Plus the whole father thing.

Jaxson Reed
Jaxson Reed

Why did Shinji choke Asuka at the end? If you can answer that I'll concede.

Connor Gutierrez
Connor Gutierrez

There's nothing wrong with offering sex if you can't comfort someone otherwise
The West truly has fallen

Jace Nelson
Jace Nelson

you fucking autists make me sick. not every fucking thing has to be fully explained. that literally goes against what art is supposed to represent. you are the kind of people that will look at a picasso and think "that looks nothing like a person, fuck this shit this dont make sense".

what's more important is that the emotions, themes, etc. is expressed through visual medium (in this instance). in that regard, even though i have no idea what is ACTUALLY happening within the fictional canon, i do "get it".

and to me the scene, the red ocean, the dark sky, represent the bleakness of reality which shinji has come to terms with. when he sees asuka he basically loses it. all the real world pain and suffering he went through comes back all at once and he looks for a "release" (echoing the FIRST scene of the movie where he is looking for some kind of "release").

when asuka touches his face, he realizes in this bleak real world that there still is hope for happiness. he starts to cry and asuka says her famous last words. in another callback to the first scene, you could say this is her "response" to it. it also encapsulates the feeling of rejection shinji and subsequently anno feel. those final words tell us that even though shinji might find moments of happiness (represented by asukas touch), he still has to deal with the pain, guilt and shame that he creates and that others place on him.

this is my interpretation of the last scene. i didnt need to spam a board or watch some kids "analysis" on youtube to "get it".

it is a powerful movie.

Brandon Lewis
Brandon Lewis

Words words words from http://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_Analysis:Sexuality_In_Misato_and_Shinji%27s_Relationship

In what is known as the "Big Irony Bomb Scene", we have Misato, in an attempt to respond to Shinji's sadness, offer her own body[1] to Shinji. The reasons for her doing this, however, still seem up to debate. What should be recognized here is primarily that sex is the way Misato responds to difficulties in her own life, and in the life of others. So initially, it appears that this is just a formuliac response to Shinji's woes, but, after looking at the character of Misato more deeply, even more so in her relationship with Shinji, the only person she sexualizes more often in the series than him is Kaiji, who at this point, is deceased. For Misato, sex acts as one of the primary functions to determine the strength of relationships.

To define this further, allow a digression to be taken: Throughout the series, she loses her faith in several characters, but a prime example is her relationship with Ritsuko. When the two friends have a falling out later in the series, it does not sadden Misato in the way Kaiji's and Shinji's did. Asuka can be seen in this regard as well. She does not mourn the loss of Asuka in the way she does Kaiji's or Shinji's. In this regard, sex should be seen as Misato's "relationship barometer" in which if she has offered sex to someone, she must have some sort of deep emotional bond to someone, if not romantic love in its entirely.

Brandon Sanders
Brandon Sanders

people ITT think there's nothing wrong with 14 year olds having sex
Are you just acting out your fantasies, trying to live vicariously? Were you abused? Why the fuck would anyone think that's okay??

Grayson Butler
Grayson Butler

In looking at how Misato uses flirting, and later, the sexual act itself, to develop and mainfest relationship, the big irony bomb scene can now be looked at in a much more Freudian sense. To recap the information provided us in Episode 2, Misato's "It's not like I'll make a pass at him" line can now be interpreted as something she actively wanted to do, or at least was leading herself and Shinji to do, from the very outset of the series. Her failure in all this seems to be that she was never really able to establish grounds for doing this. At this point, Shinji probably still sees Misato as a "mother figure" and obviously, he would react negatively to the imposition of sex.
Proof of Misato wanting to do the nasty?

Newtype Filmbook (written in consultation with GAINAX) for #23 states flat out that Misato was offering her body to Shinji in that scene.

Newtype Filmbook
Anyone can confirm this?

Oliver Morris
Oliver Morris

Why she didn't beat his dick and put him inside ??

Carter Scott
Carter Scott

Are you that retarded to need Evageeks shit to understand stuff right in front of you?

Landon Clark
Landon Clark

And why does she need ti be defender for? Im not seeing anything wrong here.

I havent watch this series yet, just in case.

Samuel Moore
Samuel Moore

Did people not get this from the first viewing? Do you fucks not read books or anything?

Lucas Moore
Lucas Moore

Anyone can confirm this?

"Misato reaches out to Shinji. At this time, she might be about to give her own body to soothe Shinji."

James Allen
James Allen

He wanted someone who loves him and penetrates his asshole from behind with manly arms

Cooper Morgan
Cooper Morgan

Pretty much. That and last time I watched any EVA was 2003-04. DVDs are down in the basement in a post-Walmart Rubbermaid (logo purchased from the bankrupted company) container with a lid that barely fits. I'd go down there look for it, but I'm afraid of your mom offering sex to me again.

Zachary Edwards
Zachary Edwards

it all makes perfect sense!
not everything has to make sense!
Sweet.

Owen Bailey
Owen Bailey

Everything does make sense, it's just that there are multiple interpretations of numerous aspects of the series that are never and likely will never receive concrete and definitive answers. That's the point of scenes like that; you're supposed to look at the scene in the context of the show, look at the show itself and come to your own conclusion about why the characters are doing what they're doing and what it means in the long run. Or just read a bunch of theories other people have written and pick your favorites.

Nathan Rivera
Nathan Rivera

Why didn't Shinji accept?

He is GAY as fuck, kid. It isnt that hard to understand

Owen Russell
Owen Russell

Explain this, memeboy

Jackson Lee
Jackson Lee

Anno put it there to troll the fanbase
The ones who gave him death threats

Ryder Fisher
Ryder Fisher

It was an attempt to place the viewer in Shinji's shoes (via the first person shot) and show them that their fetishization of the kuudere and tsundere archetypes was unhealthy

Jack Wright
Jack Wright

Asuka is a man

Matthew Young
Matthew Young

He always wanted to bone Asuka though
It was a meta-commentary, sure, but it also made sense in the narrative itself

Jaxson Cook
Jaxson Cook

gayboy goes for psychotic, dominant girl
Of course

Luke Reyes
Luke Reyes

But who drew him best?

Logan Brooks
Logan Brooks

The only girl is Rei.
Asuka and Shinji are both male.

Elijah Bell
Elijah Bell

I'm going with Kise

Ayden Cooper
Ayden Cooper

Yeah, seriously. It is very, very obvious that the actions she took when the gunfire started was protecting him.

Lincoln Carter
Lincoln Carter

Kill Takeshi Honda

Josiah Hill
Josiah Hill

Isn't this sort of intimacy exactly what he wanted?

NO, it was obvious and he fucking knew that she offered herself out of pity.

Shinji wanted genuine affection, like the one you should get out of a parent. Not something like "I will just fuck this loser, whatever."

These anons get it

Leo James
Leo James

I still don't understand the whole pointy chin thing they did in 3.33.

Chase Brown
Chase Brown

Why?
She looks fine there

Jacob Fisher
Jacob Fisher

TV Honda is fine. 3.0 Honda when he's in charge of character design is not.

I think we can all agree that Kawaguchi needs to be removed.

Christopher Butler
Christopher Butler

Kise

Carter Gray
Carter Gray

Autism

Nolan Sanders
Nolan Sanders

le tranny reddit yamyam
School's out I see. What a shame.

Christian Hernandez
Christian Hernandez

He was looking for a surrogate mommy, not a cumdump.

Brandon Jenkins
Brandon Jenkins

It made sense. It ended.

You're just a cancerous retard.

Gavin Myers
Gavin Myers

First Honda

Adam Bell
Adam Bell

Basically, it's fucking nothing.

Misato did not "offer herself", nor was there any possibility for it conveyed in the scene whatsoever.

We have a case of absolute otaku morons thinking they're clever by injecting their own fantasies into the show.

Christopher Lee
Christopher Lee

Draw a girl, call it a boy. Why is this allowed, Sup Forums?

Mason Taylor
Mason Taylor

I enjoyed your victory.

Aiden Richardson
Aiden Richardson

Misato did not "offer herself", nor was there any possibility for it conveyed in the scene whatsoever.
Exactly. Misato was just trying to comfort Shinji in his most dire condition as a friend
Oh, wait! That's actually completely not true!
Newtype Filmbook (written in consultation with GAINAX) for #23 states flat out that Misato was offering her body to Shinji in that scene.
Not enough proof for you?

Angel Peterson
Angel Peterson

damn I never noticed that

Joseph Morgan
Joseph Morgan

I should rather defend Shinji for not tapping that.

Hudson Diaz
Hudson Diaz

The filmbook isn't canon, nor is it anything but an author opinion, an author which by the way mentions that she "may" have, not that she did.

The facts are, that you are claiming something without sufficient evidence.

You need to acknowledge the following:

It was physically impossible for Misato to offer Shinji sex at the time given the scene.

Justin Richardson
Justin Richardson

It was physically impossible for Misato to offer Shinji sex at the time given the scene
What?

William Harris
William Harris

You no good english?

Jacob Jenkins
Jacob Jenkins

Your statement implies that something was physically impeding Misato from offering Shinji sex.

Logan Sanders
Logan Sanders

The scene plays out in a way that makes it impossible for Misato to communicate that she was offering Shinji sex.

Kayden Cruz
Kayden Cruz

It's Japan what else would you expect?

Jace Murphy
Jace Murphy

Does anyone else think here the German dub is fucking divine in Evangelion, speaking generally?

My favourite dub is the one in 2.22.

Colton Ramirez
Colton Ramirez

The scene itself does that, since the way it plays out has prevented Misato from doing any such thing.

You'd need to change the scene, and thus invalidate everything you've built your argument on for it to happen.

Leo Thompson
Leo Thompson

You ~sure~ it isn't just because Asula is like, "God damnit no matter where I go I can't shake off this nutcase"?

Tyler James
Tyler James

In what way?

Luis Campbell
Luis Campbell

It's reasonably likely that Misato was offering Shinji a pity-fuck based on her following actions.
Misato deeply kisses Shinji before telling him that if he saves the world they can fuck afterwards.

Nicholas Lewis
Nicholas Lewis

Not him, but yeah. Shinji doesn't give a fuck about Asuka unless he's desperate.

Jeremiah Ross
Jeremiah Ross

Watch the scene. No word of dialogue, motion or gesture is made that suggests sex.

Doesn't make it reasonably likely.

Blake Wood
Blake Wood

him

Ryder Green
Ryder Green

That doesn't mean it's impossible for it to be the case though. The way you worded your statement implies something prevented her from offering him sex, when that isn't the case.

Benjamin Howard
Benjamin Howard

Really? Remember how the scene plays out. Shinji is moping in bed, Misato sits down besides him, and reaches for his hand.

Shinji, retracts his hand, and Misato leaves. She didn't say anything or make any advance that isn't associate merely with comfort.

You're retarded man.

Matthew Bailey
Matthew Bailey

That doesn't mean it's impossible for it to be the case though. The way you worded your statement implies something prevented her from offering him sex, when that isn't the case.

It is the case because scenes or situations don't change. They're static. That's what prevents her from offering him sex.

To validate that retarded theory, you'd need to change what Misato says or does in the scene, which in itself proves that the theory is invalid.

Andrew Carter
Andrew Carter

I don't care about the argument, you're objectively wrong. I'm telling you that your mastery of the english language is bad because the term "physically impossible" implies that the action is something an actor could never do under any circumstance. For example, it is physically impossible for Misato to jump to the moon. But it is 100% possible for her to proposition Shinji.

Kevin Johnson
Kevin Johnson

shinji god damnit you beta fuck why didn't you tap dat assssss

Jace Walker
Jace Walker

No word of dialogue, motion or gesture is made that suggests sex
That's wrong though.

Asher Thomas
Asher Thomas

It's correct, though.

Samuel Jones
Samuel Jones

Wouldn't a man and woman naturally want to fuck after spending so much time together? Non family members of course.

Ryder Collins
Ryder Collins

Nope, you're objectively wrong and here's why:

For example, it is physically impossible for Misato to jump to the moon. But it is 100% possible for her to proposition Shinji.

This is nonsense, because since NGE is fiction, you may as well merely draw that happening.

Similarly, it is physically impossible to work out Tokyo-3 or the magic that the Angels/EVA's do, yet there it is. It is physically impossible for a man to dissolve, fly or otherwise exist like the humans do. Yet in Evangelion, they do.

So, to enable both jumping to the moon, and for Misato to offer Shinji sex, you'd need to do the exact same thing, change the scene. Therefore, it is physically impossible for Misato to have offered Shinji sex here, because it relies entirely on something that is physically impossible: changing the scene.

Lincoln Thomas
Lincoln Thomas

Contrary to popular belief on Sup Forums, holding hands or in this case, an attempt to hold hands is not equatable to sex.

Christian Gutierrez
Christian Gutierrez

Okay, you're not convinced by her following actions. Let's examine the scene in detail.

Shinji is morbidly suicidal at this point. Misato enters his room to comfort him and Shinji doesn't protest. He tells Misato that he wants to cry but can't for some reason.

From Shinji's initial actions, it's apparent that he has no qualm with Misato's attempt to comfort him as a caretaker.

Misato proceeds to put her hand on-top of his and say, "Shinji, this is about all I can do for you right now." Shinji reacts hostilely towards this.

If Misato was attempting to comfort Shinji as his caretaker, Shinji wouldn't have flipped out over this. Shinji realizes exactly what she means by her actions and refuses.

Daniel Morgan
Daniel Morgan

"Shinji is a faggot" explains like 95% of the things he did wrong.

Brandon Powell
Brandon Powell

When someone does any sort of intimate gesture on a bed, it usually implies they're trying to initiate sex. You should know these signs as to avoid rape.

Carter Reed
Carter Reed

From Shinji's initial actions, it's apparent that he has no qualm with Misato's attempt to comfort him as a caretaker.
Incorrect. Shinji's initial actions or lack thereof does not imply any such thing. As seen previously in the series, for Misato to open the door or approach him without Shinji's reaction, is normal.

Shinji's hostile reaction towards handholding is most rationally and keeping in character, best explained by the fact that he doesn't desire intimacy at the moment. Moreover, in the next scene Misato discusses it as merely being about intimacy, and she's shown attempting to cuddle with Pen-Pen. I don't think Misato wanted to fuck the penguin.

Essentially you've injected a large amount of fanfiction into the scene where you personally dictate what they were thinking rather than accepting what you were shown, so that it fits your desired story. Yet, these thoughts or realizations are not reflected upon in the current scene or in hindsight.
We can safely say that there were no such thoughts, or no reference to them.

Henry Ramirez
Henry Ramirez

Normally it isn't, but you would have to be a fool to not see the allusion.

Thomas Mitchell
Thomas Mitchell

hurr durr I'm an Sup Forums virgin
Fuck off m8.

Lucas Baker
Lucas Baker

It isn't in this case either, and you'd have to be a fool to ignore the facts of the scene because you want to canonize your sex doujins.

Matthew Green
Matthew Green

It is more rational, sane and in-character for both, not to mention contextually correct, to view this as "reaching out" given the situation. When Misato even attempts to have acted as a mother in that scene and surrounding scenes, it's even less likely.

Your picture even highlights the difference, a hand locked in a lovers grasp versus an attempt at regular hand-holding.

Carson White
Carson White

All of the facts in that scene, including the dialogue, shots, and symbolism indicate that Misato was attempting to comfort Shinji in a way that she knows works on almost all men.

Xavier Edwards
Xavier Edwards

Misato even says this line after leaving his room:
Is he afraid of women? No, he's afraid of being intimate with people
Which obviously implies that her sex was of importance for what she wanted to do with him i.e. penis in vagina and that she's trying to justify her actions by saying that Shinji wouldn't have accepted normal intimacy either as opposed to what she was trying to do fuck him.

Blake Johnson
Blake Johnson

For someone as dense as Shinji, you're assuming way too much. That Shinji would realize a zillion complicated cues that Misato was about to offer him sex, based on merely a touch of the hand is too farfetched. It's completely out of character too.

Dylan Thompson
Dylan Thompson

Shinji isn't dense at all. He's stubborn and short-sighted but he's pretty perceptive.

Ethan Carter
Ethan Carter

All of the facts in that scene, including the dialogue, shots, and symbolism indicate that Misato was attempting to comfort Shinji in a way that she knows works on almost all men.

None of those are true. The dialogue has no such reference, the shots don't have anything in it, does not imply sex, merely comfort.

Easton Richardson
Easton Richardson

That only highlights the fact that intimacy is the issue, and Misato doing the same thing to pen-pen only seals the deal.

Essentially, people who buy into the "Misato offer Shinji sex" idea are pseudo-intellectuals driven by a desire to subvert a cartoon because they think it validates them intellectually.

This is why conspiracy theories are so attractive, it's the allure of the feeling that you know something others don't, and that you might appear wise by sharing it.

Isaiah Wilson
Isaiah Wilson

i may be mis-remembering since its been so long, but im pretty sure that as soon as the elevator leaves with shinji on it, we see her bleeding profusely from her back. she knew she was going to die within minutes and not gonna rock his cock off, but she needed to give him some kind of motivation, and that was the only thing that she could do at the moment.

i really dont believe she thought of shinji as a potential sexual partner/object, but this is anime so you never know.

Liam Adams
Liam Adams

Quite obviously not true, his denseness is remarked upon multiple times in the series, even with Misato. Refer to the early episode where Shinji complains about Misato, and the more perceptive Kensuke and Toji explains to Shinji why she is like that. Not only that, but also consider the situation where Shinji and Asuka kiss, and how oblivious Shinji is to Asuka's actual intentions.

There isn't any indicator from Misato that she wants to offer her body. It is purely, completely and entirely on the audience side.

Ayden Rivera
Ayden Rivera

What exactly did Misato mean when she said, "This is about all I can do for you," if it didn't mean sleep with him?

Shinji let her into his room and even started the conversation, why would he flip out at her line and her hand reaching for his? His preceding actions were indicative that he did want her to comfort him.

The rebuild scenes depict an erected chair placed directly over his crotch, Misato sits on top of it. What do you make of that imagery, is it purely coincidental?

Isaiah Diaz
Isaiah Diaz

Misato doing the same thing to pen-pen only seals the deal
How is she doing the same thing to pen-pen?
This is why conspiracy theories are so attractive, it's the allure of the feeling that you know something others don't, and that you might appear wise by sharing it.
The hell are you talking about? If anything I would have thought the whole Misato offering Shinji sex thing is fairly obvious to especially after that kiss-scene in EoE

Chase Nguyen
Chase Nguyen

What exactly did Misato mean when she said, "This is about all I can do for you," if it didn't mean sleep with him?

Comfort him, like the mother she was attempting to play by her own admission. All she can do his comfort him, as would be in-character for Misato. Take a step back and just consider just how weak your arguments are.

Shinji let her into his room and even started the conversation, why would he flip out at her line and her hand reaching for his? His preceding actions were indicative that he did want her to comfort him.

Shinji doesn't want intimacy at this moment. Misato isn't touching him, merely talking - he's never had issue with this before.

The question is: why would he NOT flip out? His preceding actions were not affirmative nor inviting, by passive. If you must, invoke the hedgehogs dillemma: close, closer, TOO CLOSE - rejection.

The rebuild scenes depict an erected chair placed directly over his crotch, Misato sits on top of it. What do you make of that imagery, is it purely coincidental?
Rebuild? There's no scenes from Rebuild, and if there was, you'd be a damned idiot if you included them. No, the scenes are from NGE, and like Freud is often accredited: "some times a cigar is just a cigar".

You have to accept that the only evidence you have whatsoever exists purely within your own imagination, as from the show it's neither in-character nor apparent from their actions that this is what Misato intended, much less did.

It is even less likely that Shinji would instantly understand all of this from a completely normal gesture given the situation. It's also something to consider that this incident is never brought up again, and if it were as you suggest - it would have been due to the impact it would have had.

Ryder Perry
Ryder Perry

he's pretty perceptive
At no point before Instrumentality. There would not have been a show if he understood people.

Jayden Russell
Jayden Russell

How is she doing the same thing to pen-pen?
How is she not?

The hell are you talking about? If anything I would have thought the whole Misato offering Shinji sex thing is fairly obvious to especially after that kiss-scene in EoE
The hell are YOU talking about? It's obvious in hind-sight, after you apply tons of misguided fanwank onto it?

Again:

Except it doesn't work this time, demonstrably from the series. It's never going to be more than a sexually laden pet theory.

Adam Foster
Adam Foster

She did it wrong. You don't offer sex in a serious conversation. She should've offered it while they're just chillin.

William Jenkins
William Jenkins

pen-pen understood that Misato wanted the Beak, and therefore he rejected her when she reached out her hand

Caleb Torres
Caleb Torres

How is she not?
Well, for one thing Misato wanting to spend time with her pet after she's been rejected by a human does in no way imply that she wants to do the exact same thing with said pet as with the human she's been rejected by.

Angel Wilson
Angel Wilson

I don't agree with you. There's conclusive enough evidence for me that Misato was trying to pity-fuck Shinji.

For the record, I despise Misato. She's a sloppy, alcoholic, sexual degenerate. I'm not attempting to make my doujins canon as you call it.

Christian Watson
Christian Watson

The point being shoved in your face is that Misato is sad and wants some intimacy, she wants handholding, cuddling and whatnot. This is said by Misato.

The point is that Misato does to Pen-Pen the exact same thing, reaching out her hand. Fat lonely weaaboo fangirls/fanboys want that to mean sex, since their minds are not fully developed yet.

Robert Green
Robert Green

I don't agree with you. There's conclusive enough evidence for me that Misato was trying to pity-fuck Shinji.
This is just straight denial. We've just established that you don't have any evidence whatsoever, much less any conclusive evidence in the previous post. Pretending that you do have that when everything you've proposed has been refuted is signs of dangerously high levels of self-delusion.

It's a form of cowardice what you're practicing by ignoring counter-arguments. Running away and plugging your ears.

This:
For the record, I despise Misato. She's a sloppy, alcoholic, sexual degenerate. I'm not attempting to make my doujins canon as you call it.
only adds to my evidence concerning you and others like you, rather than basing yourself on facts, you invoke nonsense and personal opinion based on your own personal fantasy Misato.

Grayson Ramirez
Grayson Ramirez

this

Thomas Martin
Thomas Martin

I've responded to all of your arguments, nothing you've brought up have dissuaded any evidence I have brought up. At this point you're merely attacking me.

Charles Sanders
Charles Sanders

I would have a gentle sentimental relationship with Kaworu instead of Misato. Not gay, btw.

Joshua Martinez
Joshua Martinez

No one is saying holding your hand out to someone is a universal "fuck me" sign.
There obviously is a huge difference in non-verbal communication depending on who you're talking with and in what situation. It depends on the fucking context. In the context of her doing those things with Shinji and the line she said after leaving the room it's clear what she meant.
Needless to say that talking to your pet is an entirely different situation and even if she said "please fuck me pen-pen" it would be obvious that she doesn't actually expect him to.

Owen Fisher
Owen Fisher

Holy shit this denial

And the deluded waifufag has the gall to call others "otaku" even

You're literally the kind Anno wanted to eradicate off the face of earth

Ryan Flores
Ryan Flores

See which you have failed to rebuke, a post which completely destroys your side of the argument. You're attacking me, the debate and your own integrity by making unapologetically weak posts like and

You are merely being called out on it, as you've chosen to not debate but to insert your own person, it is only reasonable and correct that you are criticized for it. A more rational man would have accepted that his theory doesn't work at this point.

Jeremiah Diaz
Jeremiah Diaz

Best character in the show, who to no avail tried to turn sissyboi shinji into a man.

Grayson Fisher
Grayson Fisher

Rehearsed indignation doesn't make any arguments, you're more like a petulant manchild otaku throwing a tantrum about how some bearded man in the sky hates me for disagreeing with you. Sad.

Ian Cox
Ian Cox

rational, sane
", he said, discussing Eva characters.

Kevin Davis
Kevin Davis

The only argument I need is the scene itself. It's self-evident, words can't make it more obvious than the screen.

So go watch it again.

Brody Morgan
Brody Morgan

No one is saying holding your hand out to someone is a universal "fuck me" sign.
Precisely, which means that the notion that this is not a gesture Shinji would have understood "fuck me" from. With the context they are having, there is a lack of anything that supports your claim. The scene is first and foremost, about intimacy, not sex.

Misato herself likens the two scenes, that she is the one who is seeking intimacy through contact.

At the end of the day, you are completely unable to prove or substantiate your theory, and I think the adult thing to do is to first and foremost accept that the theory you are attemping to defend, is not the factual truth.
Begin with that.

Hudson Robinson
Hudson Robinson

In other words, you've run out of arguments. You watch it again, then let a week or two pass before you come back to discuss this again. Someone as immature as yourself probably needs that much time to accept that you were wrong.

Ryan Hughes
Ryan Hughes

", he said, discussing Eva characters.
", he said, having no reading comprehension - othewise, he would have understood the sentence which referred to the viewer, not the characters.

You should be glad your parents didn't abort you.

Ian Baker
Ian Baker

The only argument I need is the scene itself. It's self-evident, words can't make it more obvious than the screen.

So go watch it again.

Xavier Phillips
Xavier Phillips

By flaunting her sexuality and badgering him when he didn't respond to her inappropriateness?
WOW what a great character.

Gabriel Parker
Gabriel Parker

The difference between the two statements is that one is right and the other isn't.

Your grasp on eva's characters, and probably fition in general, is too low-level for me to bother with you. The other user has a 10-post chain going on with you and you're about to tell him that 2+2=3 in order to preserve your delusion.

Austin Kelly
Austin Kelly

BUT I FEEL IT, IT'S THERE ITS SO OBVIOUS OGM I CANT PUT WORDS ON IT Y DONT U SEE IT???? LOL?
Get out of here clown.

Jacob Young
Jacob Young

The difference between the two statements is that one is right and the other isn't.

Your grasp on eva's characters, and probably fiction* in general, is too low-level for me to bother with you. The other user has a 10-post chain going on with you and you're about to tell him that 2+2=3 in order to preserve your delusion.

Levi Barnes
Levi Barnes

Yes that's how non-autistic people work.

Luis Wood
Luis Wood

You voided your right to comment or contribute the second you abandoned the topic at hand, Evangelion and Misato. You then turned to pathetic posturing because you got BTFO by this post:

Keep in mind that:

It's YOU who's attempting to keep up a delusion, as proved by the fact that you've ceased to reference the source material in your arguments
It's YOU who blatantly ignore counterarguments you can't rebuke as if they weren't there, not the other party
It's YOU who's appearing retarded because every post you make, only highlights how desperate you are to defend a failed theory

The ideas and proposals made by other anons, no just me, have been reasonable. First and foremost, you should accept the facts, and move from there. You're trying to prove your theory by working with the assumption that you're correct, rather than working your way to your theory being correct. You wont' do that, which leaves us with only one rational conclusion:

You're a desperate, fanatic otaku who can't deal with reality and much less other people. You can't deal with the fact that your own religion of escapism is being challenged.

Grow up please.

Aaron Wright
Aaron Wright

She had broken expectations of a "real man". I mean the most prominent two in her life saved her and fucked her for a week straight and then left, respectively. She has no business guiding Shinji's maleness.

Christian Flores
Christian Flores

With the context they are having, there is a lack of anything that supports your claim
See again for example. And no the initial issue isn't intimacy without sex which would make the question "Is he afraid of women?" redundant and nonsensical before remarking "No, he's afraid of being intimate with people". There is clear distinction between "afraid of women" and "afraid of intimacy" that is due to the sexual implications of the wording "afraid of women".

Dominic Walker
Dominic Walker

Sadamoto: I imagined Misato as a loser girl who, taken to the extreme, would be sleeping with all the men at Nerv and so on. Furthermore, she would not think too seriously about all of that...

Tyler Jenkins
Tyler Jenkins

She definitely offered him sex. Misato uses sex as a coping mechanism. Asuka refers to Misato and Kaji's sex as "just two adults licking each others' wounds." She offers Shinji sex because it's how she herself copes with things. In this scene not only is she offering Shinji sex, it's not just for him. She wants it too. Remember, Kaiji is dead. "I see, it doesn't matter who. I am the one who is lonely."

Thomas Myers
Thomas Myers

Honda and Masayuki are the best, the others are bland and not worth talking about.

Robert Gray
Robert Gray

You've presented your case to dismiss my evidence, I don't think you're right.

Telling someone to grow up because they don't see the world the way you do is immature.

Gabriel Kelly
Gabriel Kelly

It's fictional characters, you don't need theories and evidence. The creators craft them based on vague feelings and this has been explicitly called out by Anno and Tsurumaki multiple times.

You are disregarding 22 episodes of characterization in favour of mere face-value of a scene when EVA's mode of communication relies hugely on implication (a scene which, by the way, is directed deliberately to imply what it does).

I don't understand all the otaku and grow up comments either, because the one who is denying the uglier possibility to uphold some weird form of purism is you. It does a great disservice to Misato's characterization in the show, but you probably don't want to consider that side of her which is built up on parallel to her role on Shinji's life.

This is not about interpretation, this is about your capability at reading a text.

Jacob Russell
Jacob Russell

See again for example. And no the initial issue isn't intimacy without sex which would make the question "Is he afraid of women?" redundant and nonsensical before remarking "No, he's afraid of being intimate with people". There is clear distinction between "afraid of women" and "afraid of intimacy" that is due to the sexual implications of the wording "afraid of women".
See for example. There is no redundancy here because intimacy with the opposing sex differs from intimacy with the same sex, and is something that would be in-character for Misato to ponder. The conclusion also ended on intimacy, which Misato follows up with with her pen-pen interaction.

There isn't any sexual implication here, and consider that whether or nor not Misato wanted to convey that she was offering sex, the response to the rejection would be the same.

Evan Bailey
Evan Bailey

You've presented your case to dismiss my evidence, I don't think you're right.
You've more or less proven that you're wrong by running away from the argument when you could no longer defend your theory.

To keep insisting on a fantasy like you are is immature, to be this much in denial and unable to assess reality is immature. You really do need to grow up. It isn't a place where everyone is going to agree with you.

Noah Scott
Noah Scott

The thing you're not realizing here is that when Misato says "intimacy" she doesn't refer to the neutral meaning of the term, she refers to her own constructed reality in which intimacy necessarily requires sexual contact (something that is gradually established throughout the entire show).

Your non-reading of the scene hinges on the assumption that Misato is not a character in it, but simply a foil for Shinji's state. When in reality the scene is more about Misato than it is about Shinji, who's never given any focus (you can see this by how the aftermath focuses on Misato rather than Shinji, the opposite of what the show usually does).

Eli Thomas
Eli Thomas

It's fictional characters, you don't need theories and evidence. The creators craft them based on vague feelings and this has been explicitly called out by Anno and Tsurumaki multiple times.

This is completely intellectually bankrupt of you suggest. Not that I don't believe the second part of this statement, because I do. What's completely down in the gutter here intellectually is to defend one theory and presented "evidence" by claiming that you don't need them.

Clearly, you see the problem here. I hope.

So in the end, by saying you don't need theories or evidence, you're even contradicting yourself here:
You are disregarding 22 episodes of characterization in favour[...]
which only shows you are the one disregarding all the characterization and facts concerning the scene.

I don't understand all the otaku and grow up comments either, because the one who is denying the uglier possibility to uphold some weird form of purism is you.
On the contrary, otaku are sex-obsessed and are all about applying it in every single situation, even where it's not applicable. Moreover, this was not about purity, and you will not find me defending Misato's purity - ever. I take Misato as he is, and for me the argument is moot and not something we're at all discussing.

What's being meant by otaku is the fanatic obsession with fanfiction being inserted into a story, regardless of whether it fits or not. That is the problem with you, your refusal to remain calm and rational where it should be easy reveals you as immature and unfit to argue.

As an end-note, consider the fact that an author may try his hardest to convey an emotion, fact, situation or feeling and still fail. His end product, what he made, might represent something else entirely, despite his intentions.

Ethan Green
Ethan Green

consider the fact that an author may try his hardest to convey an emotion, fact, situation or feeling and still fail. His end product, what he made, might represent something else entirely, despite his intentions.
Seeing as how you're outnumbered 1000 to 1 when it comes to the reading of the scene, they clearly didn't fail.

But of course, they're all just immature fanatical otaku. Not like you, who comes to Sup Forums to illuminate the weak and guide the path to the light of social adjustment.

Aaron Cox
Aaron Cox

The thing you're not realizing here is that when Misato says "intimacy" she doesn't refer to the neutral meaning of the term
The thing you're not realizing (sadly) is that you're quite literally inserting your own meaning into the show, and expecting others to accept them as if they were there. It doesn't work that way.

You're thinking, speaking and acting for Misato all at once, and whenever you're confronted about it through comparison with the original series, your arguments will always fall flat. As they have here today.

First you need to accept that as is, the bare series does not support your claims. This is the baseline. These are for all intents and purposes, the facts. What you have, and I do not deny you that right, is that you have a reading. Keep in mind that a reading is not a fact, or something that necessarily happened. It's your interpretation.

An interpretation the series cannot fully substantiate, at that. Acknowledge that baseline first.

Filename is perfect.

John Hughes
John Hughes

What episode?

Zachary Barnes
Zachary Barnes

You've more or less proven that you're wrong by running away from the argument when you could no longer defend your theory.
I've presented all of my evidence, I believe it's conclusive. You're not convinced, however. I could superfluously restate my case or I could attack your intelligence in an attempt to batter you into conceding. Both are pointless.

To keep insisting on a fantasy like you are is immature, to be this much in denial and unable to assess reality is immature.
My insistence is guided by my conviction of Misato based on the accounts I witnessed. I've heard your interpretation and am not convinced.

You really do need to grow up. It isn't a place where everyone is going to agree with you.
It isn't a place where everyone is going to agree with you.
Pot calling the kettle black.

Thomas Green
Thomas Green

Seeing as how you're outnumbered 1000 to 1 when it comes to the reading of the scene, they clearly didn't fail.
On the contrary, you're outnumbered. Quite literally no one after watching the scene exists with that in mind, only through obsessive interpretation and exposure to the theory will they come to believe it, as no doubt has happened to you despite that you will no doubt make up a false reality that you didn't.

You may have surrounded yourself with otaku, fanatics and other weakminded people, but this only proves the point I was making. You worship a subversion culture rather than being accepting and realistic. This is why you will always fail any argument you make, and it's why you had to try an argument to popularity right now.

If you want to understand and discuss this, you need to accept what happened and what didn't. Then you must accept that what you add on top of that, is interpretation and not necessarily true.

Ian Campbell
Ian Campbell

I've presented all of my evidence, I believe it's conclusive. You're not convinced, however. I could superfluously restate my case or I could attack your intelligence in an attempt to batter you into conceding. Both are pointless.

Your evidence was refuted earlier here:
and here

Your refusal to address the arguments of the discussion, and instead actually proposing to restate your opinion as substitute, more or less shows absolute evidence that you don't have any case. Either way, you lose by forfeiting the argument.

My insistence is guided by my conviction of Misato based on the accounts I witnessed. I've heard your interpretation and am not convinced.
No, to keep insisting on a fantasy like you are is immature, to be this much in denial and unable to assess reality is immature. You do not want to be convinced, and because you are a coward hiding behind a monitor, you cannot do anything but keep insisting despite having no rational or fact-based reason to do so.

The very least you can do is to admit that you don't have a case. If you do this or don't, it's obvious to any reader that it's the case anyway. You only have something to gain by admitting the truth, as otherwise you'll merely paint your side of the argument as immature otaku children.

Evan Rodriguez
Evan Rodriguez

Quite literally no one after watching the scene exists with that in mind
Except you know, dozens of people I know personally who aren't into anime yet watched NGE and saw it immediately, and then film critics who have talked about the show, and then people on Sup Forums who have posted about it for years, and then the actual creators of the actual series, and then the people who made the filmbook, and then...

You need to accept that not everyone will agree with you. That's just reality.

Oliver Green
Oliver Green

I really need to watch it again

You can shit on Eva all you want but framing is beautiful, especially in EoE

William Ward
William Ward

Just stop replying to him. He's a psychotic Reifag who wouldn't understand Eva and its characters if it hit him over the head.

Sebastian Perry
Sebastian Perry

Even more people I know never even considered it. It is to the normal and average viewer, not something they will pick up on, much like the hundreds of other things they miss. It's an idea disseminated through online culture, and is unheard of in other places. You need to accept that not everyone will agree with you. That's just reality.

Andrew Ramirez
Andrew Ramirez

There is no redundancy here because intimacy with the opposing sex differs from intimacy with the same sex
Yes, because of sexuality.
and is something that would be in-character for Misato to ponder
Yes, because throughout the show she defines herself through her sexuality. In fact pondering about men and women in a non-sexual way would be completely out of character for her.
The conclusion also ended on intimacy, which Misato follows up with with her pen-pen interaction
Which is fundamentaly different from her interaction with Shinji and can't be used to interpret it. See

Jaxson Moore
Jaxson Moore

No one I know thought Misato did that, and still don't.

Ryan Robinson
Ryan Robinson

She did nothing wrong

Aaron Flores
Aaron Flores

lose argument
out comes the true colors of the rabid otaku, fandom wars
Just as expected.

Charles Richardson
Charles Richardson

I don't know if he's psychotic, but someone who literally doesn't believe in subtext shouldn't be talking or even enjoying fiction much less something like EVA.

So you know people too. Too bad you can't rewrite the filmbook or the minds of Anno and Tsurumaki. By the way, these are facts, since the fiction itself isn't clear enough for you.

Bentley Evans
Bentley Evans

Yes, because of sexuality.
Not an argument, and no. Even before such notions are fully understood, the difference between the sexes will always create friction. So this:
Yes, because throughout the show she defines herself through her sexuality. In fact pondering about men and women in a non-sexual way would be completely out of character for her.

is a completely unnecessary point to make as this doesn't apply just to Misato, but to virtually any person. Misato herself acknowledges here, that it wasn't about troubles with sexuality, but intimacy. In effect, debunking your entire standpoint.

See

Cooper Kelly
Cooper Kelly

DELETE THIS!!!

Brayden Fisher
Brayden Fisher

If you've been in Eva threads for at least more than a month, you'd know he's an unstable and unwanted presence in these threads. The very epitome of cancerous waifufag, in Rei flavor.

Xavier Ward
Xavier Ward

"Onna" in EVA is used to refer specifically to "woman" in a sexual sense. So when Misato first asks if Shinji is afraid of women, she's really thinking about sex (because that's what she was gonna do). The intimacy part is a self-correction on her part that comes later, not what she really thinks.

This is compounded by her then admiting that the whole situation was more about her being lonely than Shinji. Again, in the series it's established that for Misato, "being lonely" equals needing to find a mate. That's the reason she goes back to Kaji in the first place.

Zachary Green
Zachary Green

This is where it shows that you're delusional. Anno or Tsurumaki has never commented that it was the intention of the scene. In fact, I am completely and entirely open for that they did. However, you trying to bluff or pretend that they did, a clear and blatant lie, is proof of delusion. You lie so much that you'll come to believe it in the end.

The main point is as earlier mentioned; this:

...an author may try his hardest to convey an emotion, fact, situation or feeling and still fail. His end product, what he made, might represent something else entirely, despite his intentions.

The end product, Evangelion - which is what everyone here has collectively experienced - is what's up for consideration. What exists, what was made, not what you fantasize was supposed to be made.

Samuel Bennett
Samuel Bennett

I sense a butthurt waifufag trying to escape discussion by blaming a Reifag.

Jackson Williams
Jackson Williams

"Onna" in EVA is used to refer specifically to "woman" in a sexual sense.
This is a blatant lie. Not in Japanese or in EVA is this the case, and it attests to the weakness of your arguments that you'd try this sort of deception.

So when Misato first asks if Shinji is afraid of women, she's really thinking about sex (because that's what she was gonna do).

Obvious logical fallacy, since you're working with the assumption that you are already correct. You are fanwanking and inserting thoughts into Misato's head.

But what you wrote here:
The intimacy part is a self-correction on her part that comes later, not what she really thinks.

is downright murder. You're able to tell what Misato thinks, but not Misato herself? This has gone too far. You have completely lost it.

Aiden Lopez
Aiden Lopez

There has been a conflict of interest in these threads for a long time now, as Kaworu fans and Asuka fans are constantly lambasted by Rei fans, and more often than not, losing any and all arguments. Unsurprisingly, when losing, they will always drag in waifu wars.

Angel Howard
Angel Howard

The whole discussion is that "what was made" includes the sex implication, dude. You're framing this debate as "you and the facts" vs "readings" when the debate is about establishing what happened in the first place.

But your way of assessing fiction is not conductive to that. You treat texts like scientific objects. Writing is much messier than that. Anno doesn't need to put any more "evidence" than the chair shot, the hand shot, and the Misato lines to feel confident that his audience will understand what's going on with her. So you'll never find "more evidence" within the show, because what is there is already conclusive.

I'm done with this debate. Keep thinking what you want to think, really.

Bentley Reyes
Bentley Reyes

his expression

Thomas Foster
Thomas Foster

shinji wanted a mom, not sex

Christian Fisher
Christian Fisher

I like Misato. Is the type of person that make you realize one is more than just its bad habits. What if she's a nymphomaniac? She still is an empathic woman and an accomplished strategust that saved the world like four times.

Dominic Martin
Dominic Martin

the difference between the sexes will always create friction
Are you serious? Do you think Misato wonders if Shinji didn't want to cuddle with her because "women talk so much about their feelings" or whatever you consider "the difference between the sexes"? Sorry but that kind of incoherent train of thought is absolutely not in-character for Misato.
is a completely unnecessary point to make as this doesn't apply just to Misato, but to virtually any person
That doesn't make the point unnecessary.
Misato herself acknowledges here, that it wasn't about troubles with sexuality, but intimacy
That's just her own interpretation of the situation meant to justify to herself that sexuality is the only kind of intimacy she's capable of.

Colton Kelly
Colton Kelly

The whole discussion is that "what was made" includes the sex implication, dude. You're framing this debate as "you and the facts" vs "readings" when the debate is about establishing what happened in the first place.

The reading is not a part of what happened - we can establish for instance, the scene as a set of connected facts. So for anyone to jump the gun as it were and say that "she DID offer sex", is not entirely honest. They read it that way, for reasons that may or may not be related to the scene in question.

We aren't simply dealing with "text" here, or just writing. I'm aware what you mean when you say text mind you, so don't worry. But the text still establishes things that are very clearly defined, visually and factually. For instance, from the text, we can objectively ascertain that Misato did not verbally offer Shinji sex. We can establish that her only action, was to reach for his hand. We can also establish that Misato , nor Shinji in following scenes, reflected upon the scene as the time where "Misato offered sex to Shinji".

You may want to claim that Misato did, despite this, offer or intend to offer Shinji sex. Very well, but you'd also need to accept that this is an interpretation that doesn't fit with what the text represents, meaning that you are also accepting that this interpretation isn't factually founded.

Levi Ross
Levi Ross

Reifags don't discuss. They shitfling and try to purge discussion, and then accuse others of being waifufags when they're called out on their shit. See this very thread for instance.

Julian Roberts
Julian Roberts

Are you serious? Do you think Misato wonders if Shinji didn't want to cuddle with her because "women talk so much about their feelings" or whatever you consider "the difference between the sexes"? Sorry but that kind of incoherent train of thought is absolutely not in-character for Misato.

Are you? Why are you putting words in my head/post/mouth? Try again, without the "OMG ARE U SERIOSU" style of argumentation and rhetorical indignation.

That doesn't make the point unnecessary.
It does make it unnecessary. It takes precedence because any person in that situation, not just Misato, would wonder what went wrong, this being an obvious initial conclusion since it's common to hear and believe.

That's just her own interpretation of the situation meant to justify to herself that sexuality is the only kind of intimacy she's capable of.
It is literally what she thought, and that takes precedence over what YOU thought she thought.

No matter what you say, Misato's thoughts and if you will, "interpretation", is stronger than yours.

Alexander Lee
Alexander Lee

best girl

Elijah Ramirez
Elijah Ramirez

You are the only case of this happening, and you're not a Reifag. Not that I expect you to be rational and accept that fact, since you started shit to begin with.

Mason Butler
Mason Butler

Anyone can read the thread and tell how retarded you're being.
You claim anyone who doesn't agree with your minority interpretation is a waifufag. Literal cancer.

The obsession with unrealistic purity also confirms you're a Reifag.

Jeremiah Cox
Jeremiah Cox

This thread probably has one or two Reifags arguing with each other, providing the only worthwhile discussion we've had in a while. While we have from the start of the thread a Misatofag doing this:
and a Kaworufag dissing Misatofags just after:

I'm scrolling in the thread and not seeing any Reifaggotry at all here.

Anthony Sanchez
Anthony Sanchez

Anyone can read this thread and tell you that you're delusional. There's no one defending Misato's "purity" here but Misato fans, and you're literally making up stuff because you, as a beligerent waifufag, wants to make waifu war. At any rate, calling someone a "waifufag" also refers to Reifags, as Reifags are also waifufags.

What you're saying doesn't make sense, considered on it's own or in the context of this thread.

Jayden James
Jayden James

When I say you disregard the text I am talking about the whole show. You take one scene in isolation from the characters in it and how they've been highlighted prior to that (and after that, even, because in episode 25 a shot of the hands is laid directly next to a bridge bunny saying "filthy, disgusting").

The point of contention is that, by virtue of Misato's character as a whole, the scene directly implies a sex proposal. If the same scene was to happen between Shinji and Ritsuko the takeaway would be entirely different (even though the scene is directed specifically to be about that kind of thing, so it'd become weird).

EVA is a sex-obsessed story as well. From Shinji's weird mind delusions where he sees women throw themselves at him to simple shots like the couple Shinji sees in episode 4, passing through every character wanting to fuck someone (even Ritsuko) and the dozens of suggestive scenes throughout. You have to be really disingenuous to ignore 26 episodes of context to make your case about an scene as if it was an isolated event.

Zachary Rivera
Zachary Rivera

Asukafags once again confirmed for best Evafags.

Jonathan Rogers
Jonathan Rogers

also see

Go back to your Kaworu / Asuka threads and keep out of this one. Discussion/debate is rare enough and let's not spoil it by having waifu wars dragged into it.

Brandon Anderson
Brandon Anderson

That just goes without saying.

Connor Bennett
Connor Bennett

Are you? Why are you putting words in my head/post/mouth? Try again, without the "OMG ARE U SERIOSU" style of argumentation and rhetorical indignation.
Well go ahead and elaborate what you meant by the "difference between sexes" and why Misato would ponder about it in that situation so I won't have to put words in your mouth becaues so far that's just your own interpretation and you didn't exactly provide evidence why it is any more plausible than the interpretation that Misato is simply talking about sex.
It takes precedence because any person in that situation, not just Misato, would wonder what went wrong, this being an obvious initial conclusion since it's common to hear and believe
Still don't see your point. So, I'm saying Misato defines herself through your sexuality and your saying everyone does. That only means that everyone else would include sexuality when thinking about the situation including Misato which is exactly what I was saying. It's untypical for Misato to talk about "men and women" in an unsexual context.
It is literally what she thought, and that takes precedence over what YOU thought she thought.
It is what she thought to cope with a situation that was caused by her trying to offer sex to an underage boy. Saying "He just doesn't want intimacy in general" is certainly one way to explain him refusing that has nothing to do with sexuality but that doesn't imply that the situation that has brought on that explanation is necessarily completely un-sexual.

Leo Ortiz
Leo Ortiz

On the contrary, no doubt they're partly responsible for attempting to instigate a waifu war.

Isaiah Collins
Isaiah Collins

Stop derailing the thread with your waifuwar bullshit. Fucking Reifags.

Kevin Bell
Kevin Bell

Represent.

James Baker
James Baker

tries to start waifu bullshit
gets called out
tries to reverse it
Wow, just sad.

Isaiah Cooper
Isaiah Cooper

Let this be a lesson to always ignore Reifags. They have an innate desire to ruin every Eva thread they get their hands on for some reason.

Nathan Nguyen
Nathan Nguyen

When I say you disregard the text I am talking about the whole show. You take one scene in isolation from the characters in it [...]

There is nothing wrong with that. Because first and foremost, it is established that the scene in question, the physical location and the exchange that was presented, whatever the anons like suggests didn't happen on the literal level they are suggesting. This is the text, and an undeniable reproduction of the actual events. So while you might add a theory on top of that based on other scenes and themes, it is an addition and an interpretation rather than the factual events that took place.

This is the first major point some obsessive fanatics have problems accepting, that their interpretation isn't reflected on the literal level in the story, or the "text" if you will. Hence the problems substantiating their theories, which only lead to pointless tantrum throwing and antagonism. Accepting that it didn't happen on the literal level is important to both understand the anime and to produce a better interpretation.

Now, I don't deny Evangelion is a sex-laden story, but I'm also warning against taking that as a carte blanche to assume everyone was having sex with each other or were at any one point or intending to. Moreover, I'd actually contend that yes, even if it was Ritsuko who did the exact same thing Misato did, it would have by obsessive fans interpreted as an offer of sex. Perhaps, especially if it was Ritsuko since she has shown zero capability for affection besides as a sexual lover.

For Misato and other characters, there's a difference between what authors say of the character and what the character is in the story. Misato while presented as sexual, only admits to having sex with one man during the course of her entire 29 year long life. Sadamoto claims otherwise, but even he stresses that it's how he initially imagined Misato.

Ryder Reed
Ryder Reed

gets btfo in an online argument
blames Reifags

Either a reverse troll perpetrated by a Reifag to make Asukafags and Kaworufags look bad (especially with this: ), or actual waifu war retardation coming from said Asukafags/Kaworufags.

Brandon Wilson
Brandon Wilson

still shitting up the thread with your dumb bullshit
No one cares, fuck off and let the adults talk.

Asher Perry
Asher Perry

she had a really rough life

Chase Walker
Chase Walker

even if it was Ritsuko who did the exact same thing Misato did, it would have by obsessive fans interpreted as an offer of sex
Because the scene is directed in a way to make it seem like that. This is a technical matter and why I said it'd be weird if Ritsuko was in that scene. It would seem out of character and awkward, but it doesn't with Misato because we know her, her relationship with Shinji and we are privy to her mental state by episode 23.

"The facts", if you just mean the physical movements that happened and the literal meaning of the lines themselves, don't suggest anything either way. It's the directing, the framing, and the context provided by knowledge of the characters that lets the audience connect the dots as for what the scene was supposed to convey. An author crafting a scene in such a way that the audience has to make a conscious association is still part of the story. You're acting as if it was entirely unrelated, that's why I said you literally don't believe in subtext as a concept.

Logan Morgan
Logan Morgan

Well go ahead and elaborate what you meant by the "difference between sexes" and why Misato would ponder about it in that situation so I won't have to put words in your mouth becaues so far that's just your own interpretation and you didn't exactly provide evidence why it is any more plausible than the interpretation that Misato is simply talking about sex.

Wow, what a fucking mess of a sentence. I meant exactly what I wrote, and that it is natural for Misato to wonder why Shinji didn't want her comfort. Do you really need to be that autistic kid that needs an entire explanation of how society has a barrier between male and female for a million things?
Still don't see your point. So, I'm saying Misato defines herself through your sexuality and your saying everyone does.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that if a woman or a somewhat mature girl experiences a boy not wanting her intimacy, they're bound to think it's because they have issues with women first, and then consider it more closely (or not at all) after.

It's not untypical of Misato at all, because as much as you want to deny it: she just did. She does attempt, this being part of her character, to consider him as a child. She does consider him from start to end, as a developing child at various points in the series. I'm not saying Misato isn't flirty, even with children.

But I'm demanding that you accept the fact that what Misato thinks and does takes precedence over your own interpretation.

Nathan Miller
Nathan Miller

you can't prove anything just baseless accusations

Henry Edwards
Henry Edwards

You go out to dinner with Asuka, Misato, and Rei. Rei can't decide what to get, and ends up getting what you're having. Asuka orders a steak dinner with a side of some disgusting German dumping soup. Misato orders beer, some wine, and some more wine. Rei sits silently, seemingly enjoying her food. You ask her if she likes it, and she replies that she does, the corners of here mouth going up in a pseudo-smile. Asuka notices and is jealous, but disguises her jealousy as anger, by criticizing the steak. She claims it's overdone, when clearly there are pink juices leaking from the fleshy pink middle. When you point this out, Asuka calls you a "pink fleshy middle". She then grabs a wine bottle from Misato, and chugs half of it down. Misato is watching this all drunkenly, nibbling on semi-stale bread from the bread basket. She either doesn't notice that it's stale or doesn't care. Rei whispers for Asuka to shut up. Asuka is now foaming at the mouth. Her red hairs dips into her dumpling soup, and from there the soup spills all over her chest and lap. You jump up and pat her down with a cloth, asking if she's hurt. Asuka calls you an idiot. Misato has had enough, and slumps away tiredly to get fucked by a chad in some bar. You help Asuka to the bathroom. Tears well up in her eyes, and she confesses that the soup was "Just like mama used to make". She holds on to your arm longingly, but you don't know what to do or say, and run away. Back at the table, Rei is still sitting at her meal alone, picking away silently. Maybe she didn't like it after all. You ask her, and she says she simply wasn't hungry. You ask if she had a good night, and she says that she has, her empty eyes staring into yours. Which girl do you fall in love with non-sexually?

Ryan Edwards
Ryan Edwards

was this woman going to rape a 14 yo boy?

Austin Torres
Austin Torres

Because the scene is directed in a way to make it seem like that. This is a technical matter and why I said it'd be weird if Ritsuko was in that scene. It would seem out of character and awkward, but it doesn't with Misato because we know her, her relationship with Shinji and we are privy to her mental state by episode 23.

I don't agree on either the direction or the character choice. Regardless of the situation, as with most other EVA scenes, the obsessive fans will attempt to insert the possibility for sex in there. Even with Ritsuko, and don't ignore my point here, which is that Ritsuko of all lacks any shown method of affection except as a lover. Misato shows several.

"The facts", if you just mean the physical movements that happened and the literal meaning of the lines themselves, don't suggest anything either way.

But it does. If I showed you a scene where a man fills a cup filled with ice cubes with warmer water, we'd have to accept that this is what the scene is. You could also interpret it as it being an allusion to the man representing global warming.

The directing, the framing of it doesn't betray what actually happened in the scene. So while it may be intended for the audience to connect the dots, there is no proof of said intention.

But rather, there is plenty of proof that the audience will attempt to connect the dots regardless of there being any dots to connect or not. This is a scientifically proven fact in the field of psychology, and not only that, observable on a daily basis here on Sup Forums alone. It's human nature, literally.

It also means that some times, we're going to go to far or connect the wrong dots.

Like I said, first and foremost it's important to accept the fact that literally, something else happened than you suggested.

Easton Brown
Easton Brown

Sad thing is that we probably have two Reifags bitching at each other, and kaworufags/asukafags being irrelevant on the sidelines trying to start shit. How about you guys fuck off and make another one of your waifu war threads?

Carter Hernandez
Carter Hernandez

Rei obviously.

Blake Diaz
Blake Diaz

it's open for interpretation
the woman has questionable moral values, but it's likely she was just trying to give the boy a hug

Michael Watson
Michael Watson

Kaworu.

Oliver Lee
Oliver Lee

He is pretty cute

Justin Morales
Justin Morales

Misato
i'm the chad in the bar, fuck your non-sexual clause

Xavier Cooper
Xavier Cooper

it's open for interpretation

Stop user, I don't want see her in these fucking shit threads.

Nathaniel Reyes
Nathaniel Reyes

Ah, the power of confirmation bias. Despite several different people reacting with "what the fuck?!" to the post that first suggested in this very thread, this deluded user will still pretend (and most likely, even make up) more people agree with him than not.

Honestly, get real. Most people hardly get half of what they see when they watch NGE. Even if Misato obviously wanted to fuck Shinji, there's so much going on that they might miss it anyway. Going from the scene, barely no one except those who stick to talking EVA till they get old and grey will ever argue that Misato offered Shinji sex.

Sadly because they're sheep with no opinion of their own

Isaac Green
Isaac Green

Sad thing is not everyone is a fucking characterfag, you dumb Reifag.

Robert Young
Robert Young

The scene is elliptical. It's not outright stated what happened in it. We just see Misato awkwardly coming in, sitting in the bed next to Shinji, saying "this is the only thing I can do" (what thing?), trying to hold Shinji's hand, Shinji violently refusing ("stop it!" stop what?), Misato saying sorry with a broken voice (why did she break?) and then awkwardly leaving the room.
Misato's intention (conscious or subconscious) can not derived directly from the facts I stated above. You have to read the scene for it, because it's a scene made to be read due to its elliptical nature (like a lot of scenes in EVA).

You saying that the scene only implies motherly comfort is also a reading that assumes things besides what was only shown. If we were to only consider the scene literally and nothing else, the scene wouldn't count for anything in the show because no real meaning could be derived from it. By looking at it holistically, in the context of the show, in the context of Misato's character, and by the form of the scene as presented to us, a reading can be made.

And a reading is not the same thing as subjective interpretation. Something needing to be 'read' to be understood doesn't equal to that thing being devoid of objective meaning. Epic poetry, for example.

Owen Taylor
Owen Taylor

How about you fuck off to your containment threads over at /c/ or /cm/, and let the adults speak, yeah? We hardly need asukafaggotry or kaworufaggotry here.

Thomas Powell
Thomas Powell

getting with misato
chad
I'm sorry. She is disgusting bottom-of-the-barrel used goods, even for 2D.

Zachary Parker
Zachary Parker

She's broken, she thinks her vagina is the only thing worthwhile about her.

Charles Ortiz
Charles Ortiz

Stop responding to the shitposter or he'll keep coming back.

Christopher Murphy
Christopher Murphy

The thread was fine until the Reifag started shit like usual.

Gavin Wright
Gavin Wright

She took no for an answer, she didn't try to ply him with her other coping mechanism. Misato was a perfect gentlemen even though by that point there was nobody to hear him scream.

Ian Moore
Ian Moore

nonsexually
Nani?

Jackson Kelly
Jackson Kelly

The scene is elliptical. It's not outright stated what happened in it.
I disagree completely. Your description, and what we see visually, is very direct and literally show us the sequence of events. Even asking "what thing" is just obfuscation of your parts, because going from the scene the thing is indeed, comfort through reaching for his hand.

You're also clearly misremembering or exaggerating for rhetorical value, because I wouldn't describe what happened as "violent" as all. Everything you described is otherwise, perfectly and best explained by accepting it for what it was, a failed attempt to comfort Shinji in a normal manner. It doesn't have to be motherly comfort, just simple person-to-person comfort, although the situation and Misato's earlier explained intentions does add weight to the idea that it's motherly affection she is offering.

We can indeed make a reading, and in all honesty, accepting all of it holistically as you said, the truth is that we're going to end up with the conclusion that this was motherly comfort. Because this is a part of Misato's described and shown intentions for Shinji not just in that scene, but others. Misato doesn't say she failed as a woman when she is rejected, but as a mother. Because if indeed this was a sex offer, and Shinji had accepted, she would have failed as a mother and succeed as a mother. The logic applies for the other combinations too.

Reading in the way you describe it is the same as subjective interpretation whether you like it or not. Either way they aren't distinguished enough by either of us to actually prove any point or make progress.

The important bit remains is that while Misato is sexualized, she is more than just merely sexualized and you're actually dismissing part of her character in order to force a reading or interpretation of a scene. A scene in which, what you propose, never happened on the literal level. An offer of sex was not made, and much less - communicated.

Tyler Rivera
Tyler Rivera

With Shinji.

Jayden Lewis
Jayden Lewis

Asukafag damage control
Too bad the only ones discussing are probably Reifags while you shitpost. In the meantime, all you can attribute to Kaworufags and otherfags are in fact, shit flinging and waifu wars.

Gavin Price
Gavin Price

Right answer.

William Martinez
William Martinez

Yes. Anything else is objectively wrong.
non-sexually
There's nothing more sexual than being gay; you literally have to make a conscious effort to stray from the natural state of heterosexuality. And fujos aren't even on the spectrum, so their opinions have no value.

Blake Watson
Blake Watson

All I see is a Reifag samefagging and whining about some fanbase vendetta no one gives a shit about

Nicholas Mitchell
Nicholas Mitchell

I never said her whole character is reduced to being sexualized, I just think it's very clear that scene in particular plays on that aspect of her character. Hell, episode 25 is really blunt about it, referencing the scene while Misato talks about what a slut she is and the other characters in her mind tell her that her only way of compensating for her dead father is sleeping with men ("throwing herself to simple pleasures").

The scene is not direct because it's about Misato, as seen by how the show keeps focus on her mind right after it rather than Shinji. Therefore, what are Misato's stakes in the scene? She concludes by saying that "anyone would do. I'm the one that's lonely" letting us see that her attempt to "comfort" Shinji wasn't sincere and normal but self-centered. And then, when you connect this "loneliness" to Misato's interactions with Kaji and especially ep25's ellucidation of her thought process, it becomes clear what was going on in that scene.

It doesn't even have to be a conscious thing on the part of Misato. Maybe she did go into that room with the intent to offer simple comfort, but her way of interacting with people is necessarily sexualized and that's what ends up hurting her and preventing her from actually making that connection with Shinji (either during 23 or prior to that in the show).

Kayden Green
Kayden Green

I'd like to add that even if we concentrate on the fractions of time where we can't see what's going on, or what's out of frame, we'd have to create an absolutely ridiculous situation where Misato is gesturing frantically off screen to communicate that she wanted to have sex.

On the literal level, it doesn't work. If we want to interpret it as an offer for sex, we need to combat other interpretations as well. It's not as simple.

I think it's a popular theory because subversions are always more interesting than the "at face value" understanding of stories. In fact, it's a large reason for why Evangelion is popular.

Jayden Scott
Jayden Scott

My niggas.

Benjamin Wright
Benjamin Wright

I never said her whole character is reduced to being sexualized,
It is what you effectively said when you claimed it was the holistic result of the character. I don't find it clear at all that this scene in particular plays on that aspect of the character. I do not know about you, but a comforting situation doesn't really vibe well with the more openly sexual Misato we see otherwise. Even when Shinji is completely wrecked emotionally and Misato is also severely damaged, emotionally and physically, we see her more usual confident sexual side in EoE when she actually offers Shinji sex.

The Misato in the ep 23 scene is entirely different, and emotionally/aesthetically has more in common with the caring and motherly Misato.

Even her follow up comment that you mentioned, "anyone would do", literally includes a penguin. Now, I don't think Misato would do the penguin.

But just stop for a moment. Have we sunk so low that we are literally sexualising an atteempt in a sad scene to hold hands as a depraved offer of sex? Like I wrote here: the allure of it is undeniable, but is it factual? I don't think there's evidence or proof to say so.

It's one of the things that makes Evangelion popular.

Cooper Lewis
Cooper Lewis

I'm always thought of Misato as an older woman, cake character
mfw I'm older than her

Adam Anderson
Adam Anderson

Take off the butthurt anti-reifag goggles then.

Lincoln Diaz
Lincoln Diaz

Wow, what a fucking mess of a sentence. I meant exactly what I wrote, and that it is natural for Misato to wonder why Shinji didn't want her comfort. Do you really need to be that autistic kid that needs an entire explanation of how society has a barrier between male and female for a million things?
That's fancy coming from you because this whole argument is just happening because I'm willing to argue with the autistic kid who can't read the subtext of a scene even when it's directly implied.
So yes, even if you think you're trying to convince an autist of something obvious you'll have to do that because that's exactly what I've been doing so far.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that if a woman or a somewhat mature girl experiences a boy not wanting her intimacy, they're bound to think it's because they have issues with women first, and then consider it more closely (or not at all) after
That's merely an interpretation of her actions so prove it.
It's not untypical of Misato at all, because as much as you want to deny it: she just did.
Can't prove something with itself. You'll have to prove that she did what she did for the reasons you presented and not for the ones I presented.
She does attempt, this being part of her character, to consider him as a child. She does consider him from start to end, as a developing child at various points in the series. I'm not saying Misato isn't flirty, even with children.
I'm sorry but those things aren't any less of an interpretation as saying that she's offered him sex based on how she behaved throughout the show. So go ahead and prove them.
Sorry, but your opinions aren't facts.

Julian Bailey
Julian Bailey

It's the natural reaction to be anti-reifag after all you autists have apologetically done to these threads.

Henry Nguyen
Henry Nguyen

That's fancy coming from you because this whole argument is just happening because I'm willing to argue with the autistic kid
It's the other way around, autist. Sorry to break it to you.

That's merely an interpretation of her actions so prove it.
It's not an interpretation of her actions, but if you read the sentence it's a comment on humanity. I guess your autism prevents you from reading 2 gud.

Can't prove something with itself. You'll have to prove that she did what she did for the reasons you presented and not for the ones I presented.
It's the other way around, since you are indeed making the statement. That said, going beyond the call of duty, what I've presented is true for people in general and therefore is more true by default.

I'm sorry but those things aren't any less of an interpretation as saying that she's offered him sex based on how she behaved throughout the show. So go ahead and prove them.
They aren't interpretation, but facts based on what the character says and does. They are by default, proven by virtue of misato's character and Evangelion at all existed.

Go take your pills autismo.

Elijah Lee
Elijah Lee

Spoken like a true insecure autist.

Jaxon Kelly
Jaxon Kelly

You mean, it's the reaction of a retarded and butthurt waifufag (you) who got blown the fuck out by a Reifag once or twice. Taking your anger out on people who by all accounts are one hundred percent correct about your degenerate lifestyle is just proving the Reifags right. After all, you started shit in this thread and then claimed it was your "natural reaction" to do so.

Take a hike. Go back to your Kaworufag or Asukafag hugspot over at tumblr. I don't know what the Reifags did to upset you, but clearly you're proving to be far worse than I can imagine them ever being.

John Fisher
John Fisher

Stop thinking everyone here is retarded enough to engage in waifufaggotry like you.
It's your fault Eva threads are so rampant in this shit nowadays.
Just fuck off already, no one wants you here.

Camden Harris
Camden Harris

You realize you literally started flinging waifuwar shit, right? No one wants YOU, so get out.

Carter Rodriguez
Carter Rodriguez

asukafag/kaworufag tries to start a waifuwar by insulting misatofags/reifags during the entire thread
actually wants people to buy that Reifags are the problem

I want you to leave. You're just fucking butthurt we aren't discussing your waifu, so go fuck off. Make your own damned thread you cancerous bigot.

Caleb Phillips
Caleb Phillips

WAIFUFAGS FUCK OFF REEEEE

Ryder Jones
Ryder Jones

you will never be in a threesome with misato and asuka
why bother living

William Gutierrez
William Gutierrez

Nah.

Henry Watson
Henry Watson

/out/

Ryan White
Ryan White

asuka and misato will never compete for your dick in a threesome

Benjamin Morales
Benjamin Morales

Not a fan of tsundereshit, but I'd pick Asuka because at least she has emotions.

Elijah Nguyen
Elijah Nguyen

Nah, you're wrong. Here's an explanation even you might understand.
Let's look at the scene again.
Misato: Shinji, this is about all I can do for you right now.
Shinji: Stop it! Stop it, Misato.
Misato: I'm sorry.
Misato (MONO): But he must be feeling lonely... Is he afraid of women? No, he's afraid of being intimate with people.
Misato: Pen Pen, come here.
Misato (MONO): I see, it doesn't matter who. I am the one who is lonely.
Since she never literally states what she means by "this is all I can do for you" by your logic any explanation of what she meant is an interpretation.
Saying she offered him something that is not sex is just as much of an interpretation as saying she offered him sex by your logic. It was never literally stated she meant something else after all.
Now I'll go ahead and give you an example of Misato's character that might help us determine which of those interpretations might be more likely:
Let's look at the scene in EoE where Misato quite kisses Shinji and offers him sex.
What do we see? Wow, offering sex to Shinji might not be so out of character for Misato after all.
Feel free to cite a scene that shows how Misato's character is completely different but so far my "interpretation" is a lot more plausible than yours, isn't it?

Ayden Collins
Ayden Collins

Give it a rest autist.

Angel Long
Angel Long

Why indeed.

Grayson Martin
Grayson Martin

see

You're wasting your time, this kid doesn't understand rational thought.

Cooper Rodriguez
Cooper Rodriguez

Stop user.

Caleb Moore
Caleb Moore

I've been really patient tonight, you're obviously out of arguments and there's no point in replying to the insults of a sore loser.
Good night user.

Camden Peterson
Camden Peterson

it's because kaworu is the only character capable of love

Jacob Hill
Jacob Hill

Not him but you just did the same thing.

Ethan Reyes
Ethan Reyes

How the fuck would you know that?

Gavin Harris
Gavin Harris

His dad works at Nintendo

Luis Foster
Luis Foster

See

Already debunked. Read the thread.

Thomas Adams
Thomas Adams

She told him everything she wished she'd known when she was 14 while they're waiting for the elevator. He's holding her cross when he decides to live and he comes out of the sea with it.

And god damn it I just noticed she's wounded in the same place.

Zachary Hughes
Zachary Hughes

I would have rather figured that out for myself, faggot. At this rate there won't be much else.

Elijah Cooper
Elijah Cooper

And god damn it I just noticed she's wounded in the same place.
THE MASTER

Logan Nelson
Logan Nelson

What's the best subs for the anime?

Nolan Davis
Nolan Davis

Wow, those sure a lot of unproven opinions and subjective impressions of the character.
Unfortunately they don't debunk anything.

Robert Richardson
Robert Richardson

It's another "Did Misato try to fuck Shinji" episode
These are my least favorite Sup Forums episodes.

Camden Myers
Camden Myers

me on the right

Jeremiah Robinson
Jeremiah Robinson

I always thought that shinji got pissed because Misato didn't want to fuck him(in that on scene) and all she could do was offer a shoulder to cry on.

Ayden Powell
Ayden Powell

because almost any male in anime is a fucking cuck afraid of sex, thats why weeaboos are losers, they follow that interaction patterns.

James Anderson
James Anderson

but kaji tore that shit up

Austin Reyes
Austin Reyes

What a shame, no man in the future could ever compare.

She went too ambitious too early.

Hunter Harris
Hunter Harris

woman
Never experienced puberty = not a woman

Charles Jenkins
Charles Jenkins

virgin

Lincoln Howard
Lincoln Howard

Do Evafags get a gold star each time they say "you just didn't understand it"?

Ethan Harris
Ethan Harris

maybe you really didn't understand it

Luis Perry
Luis Perry

I would tear both of them up

Connor Torres
Connor Torres

l-lewd

Owen Perez
Owen Perez

I often feel that Asukafags are the most 'normal' Evafags. They're usually losers, but they're regular anime fan type of losers; insecure, often virgins, who like assertive girls who tell them what to do - but nothing out of ordinary. Reifags are often normalfags who simply like her design but also very often deeply mentally disturbed people. Not to start with Shinjifags and Kaworufags, who for some reason are usually trannies and other types of people with some serious psychological issues.

Sebastian Roberts
Sebastian Roberts

Reifags are often normalfags who simply like her design but also very often deeply mentally disturbed people
she is the answer to all my problems

Gabriel Reed
Gabriel Reed

What about people who like the show for it being a good show rather than devotion to some character in particular

Josiah Cook
Josiah Cook

Those are just retarded because they think it's a good show.

Alexander Edwards
Alexander Edwards

But it's a good show.

Maybe you just didn't get it

Tyler Martin
Tyler Martin

How many people here are actually saying that scene in ep 23 has nothing to do with sex?

If the issue is with the need to read between the lines, well, how do we actually know Misato is having sex with Kaji in ep, what, 20? We only see their hands, and Misato's legs, if I remember right. So, all we can say is that they are panting, and holding hands, and that Misato is holding her legs up. How dare we ever fill in the blanks to conclude they're having sex?

There's also one other thing at play here: by the end of ep 23, every single main character reaches their lowest point, each in their own way: Rei is "reseted", reverting to a blank, Asuka loses the last trace of what kept her going all this time, her confidence, etc. For Misato, this would be perfectly represented if she lost her boundaries and moral compass, in the sense that she allowed the playful teasing and innuendo with Shinji evolve into a blunt offer of sex with a teenager half her age.

Alexander White
Alexander White

The fact that you're under the impression that there was something to get only confirms that you're a retard.

David Hill
David Hill

Did Asuka really want to fuck Kaji? I only ask because she obviously want's Shinji's dick and she acts like she doesn't know what to do with her emotions.

Jaxon Harris
Jaxon Harris

She wanted Kaji to give her attention. It's anyone's guess what her reaction would be if Kaji actually went through with it but I'm of the impression that she would lash out.

Hunter Morales
Hunter Morales

Don't. At most we can say she wanted the validation of an adult so she could feel like an adult too. However her comment of "and beyond" suggests a certain hesitance. Basically it would mean as much if Kaji was willing, but didn't do anything than if anything happened.

Leo Fisher
Leo Fisher

Personally I think Shinji's parental issues far overshadow Misato's. I mean his father basically torments him and his mother want's to fuck him.

Jackson Lewis
Jackson Lewis

And by validation I don't mean anything more risque.

Josiah Long
Josiah Long

Seemed like just attention whoring to me.

Lucas Moore
Lucas Moore

his mother want's to fuck him
wat

Yui is probably the most impenetrable character in the show. We never see anything about what she thinks, the only hint towards her motus is at the end of EoE with the Fuyutsuki flashback where she just seems to be willing to throw everything away for a merely scientific/philosophical notion of 'proving humanity existed'

Even Ritsuko's mom gets exposed to a bigger extent. Yui is kind of a looming presence over the show and we never get to pry on the person behind it.

Juan Foster
Juan Foster

In one of the drama CDs she moans to herself imagining Kaji fucking her, so yeah, I'm pretty sure she does.

Caleb Cruz
Caleb Cruz

That's icky.

Robert Diaz
Robert Diaz

Sounds like a typical teenage girl to me.

Samuel Baker
Samuel Baker

drama CDs

The fuck is that?

Easton Ramirez
Easton Ramirez

That doesn't make it better.

Camden Robinson
Camden Robinson

Noncanon bs. It's like saying Pachinko is canon.

Kayden Taylor
Kayden Taylor

I assumed so. I don't see how you could argue something by using non-canon events as your argument.

Ethan Myers
Ethan Myers

Well it's not like it wasn't obvious how she felt about Kaji in the Anime and Manga.

Julian Lopez
Julian Lopez

Yeah but-
No, faggot.

Benjamin King
Benjamin King

Dude, she practically rips off her shirt in front of him.
According to her, she's in love with him and wants him to do "adult" things to her. You don't need a drama CD to tell you that.

Ayden Johnson
Ayden Johnson

And in the same scene she makes the "and beyond" comment I elaborated on earlier. You have no idea of nuance and I frankly don't have the time for this. Spectrums exist, user. It's not all polarities.

Isaiah Hughes
Isaiah Hughes

And Misato sees her father in every man, working in turns to avenge him and to dirty herself out of spite because she can't reconcile her broken home with the man who carried her to the last pod. Shinji's not more damaged, his shit is just looming immediately over him instead of being 15 years away.

Benjamin Robinson
Benjamin Robinson

That comment implies she's not emotionally prepared for things like sex, not that she doesn't know about them.
It proves all the more she wanted Kaji to do it to her, because she didn't understand the actual consequences.

Jacob Green
Jacob Green

And we're saying that she only does that for attention/validation.

Evan Jones
Evan Jones

If she's emotionally unprepare it's actually more likely she wouldn't. You're either that one Kajifag who refused to listen to reason or a Reifag trying to upset me. Either way, I'm not going to waste my time further.

Easton Lee
Easton Lee

14 year old fucks older woman
in an anime that aired on prime time tv

Older women in the medium rarely get the man. People can come up with all the crazy theories that they want, there was no way they were going to air that.

Also, anime characters, especially teenage male characters always run from sex except Makoto from School Days.

Robert Nelson
Robert Nelson

Reifags are often normalfags who simply like her design but also very often deeply mentally disturbed people

normalfags
mentally disturbed
fondness for fag

You're so cool, how you fit in. Just one of the guys, yes you are.

Jaxon Russell
Jaxon Russell

So?
People get into relationships in the first place for validation, that's also said in Eva.

You're delusional. Obviously it would scare her, but the idea of doing something for adults with the one she loves is something she'd gladly accept. She even told Kaji she was interested in doing it. You're just making excuses against what she directly says in the Anime.

Oliver Bailey
Oliver Bailey

Son both girls represent some sort of disorder.

Rei is socially retarded, and Asuka is a broken bird.

Ryan Williams
Ryan Williams

Reifag trying to shit upthe thread again with bait
Nice.

Jeremiah Brooks
Jeremiah Brooks

There's a lot of idols and other famous celebrity nips who are Kaworufags.
But I'd wager the most normal are Misatofags or more obscure groups like Gendofags.

Jace Stewart
Jace Stewart

Rei is socially retarded
She was not.
Rei was just surrounded by morons.

Thomas Carter
Thomas Carter

They were totally fucking offscreen

Ian Rodriguez
Ian Rodriguez

Did Rei die the next episode?

Jordan Myers
Jordan Myers

Wouldn't shock me. Gendo Ikari seemingly fucked every woman in NERV

Wyatt Adams
Wyatt Adams

"I didn't get EVA" the post

Kayden Hill
Kayden Hill

Were no anons moody teens who would not want any sort of interruption, let alone clingy physical contact, when having a good mope? Add a Misato trying clumsily to roleplay the mother part, and you have that sort of scene.

Adrian Rodriguez
Adrian Rodriguez

>>141932212
evawiki
confirming anything

Jayden Young
Jayden Young

Holy fuck it's true. EvaWiki confirms.

Shinji is devastated by Rei's death, and Misato attempts to comfort him the only way she knows, by trying to initiate a sexual encounter. Horrified, Shinji rejects her.

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Episode_23

The kiss she gave him in the movie is one thing (she was dying and knew soon everything else would too). But offering sex to a teen after seeing his friend killed...wow.

Now I can't decide if that's hot or sick.

Mason Parker
Mason Parker

That's a pretty good argument for her not wanting to fuck Shinji.
You wouldn't get far trying to present that logical conclusion to Sup Forums, they like to think Misato wanted to fug.

Nicholas Rivera
Nicholas Rivera

Most people on Sup Forums are fucking morons. I hold that everyone who argued that Misato did offer sex ITT is either that far off base, or as easily misguided by opinion pieces like was.

Sebastian Parker
Sebastian Parker

Normal people are peripherally aware of anything past character design. If Gendo is anybody's favorite then they're too familiar with the material to live above ground.

Xavier Perez
Xavier Perez

Honestly m8 when I saw that scene the thought of her trying to fug him didn't cross my mind. I thought she was just trying to comfort him.

I think its just /a/'s horny autism that made everyone view that scene through that lens.

Christopher Martin
Christopher Martin

Eva is fairly normalfag in Japan, though.

Liam Barnes
Liam Barnes

Obviously she didnt. Even if you try to argue that she did, you are just going to be showed up.

Connor Allen
Connor Allen

Even more normies (your word, not mine) like Rei.

Joshua Clark
Joshua Clark

an entire thread devoted to best girl and best character

neat

Ethan Barnes
Ethan Barnes

Yui is a plot device. No shit.

Jose Lopez
Jose Lopez

autistic evafags try to convince people that misato asked shinji to fuck her in ep 23
when they fail, they try to attack rei fans and start a waifu war
that fails too, only revealing them as rabid kaworu and asuka fans

What a fucking cult this fanbase is.

Isaiah Lee
Isaiah Lee

This.

Jackson Martinez
Jackson Martinez

Isn't it great? We never talk about Misato. It's a shame, because not only is she a top tier waifu, she's possibly the second most important character in Eva.

Hudson Reed
Hudson Reed

If they are right in pointing out reifag influence tho, it is sort of sad that reifags still have to carry discussion in these threads.

Xavier Cooper
Xavier Cooper

She was intended to be dual protagonists with Shinji.

Gabriel Martin
Gabriel Martin

I've always wondered if Misato would be capable of piloting an EVA. She's got the necessary parental issues, and surely being at ground zero of the Second Impact gives her a shot at the biological requirements, also.

Justin Gomez
Justin Gomez

She probably wouldn't be as good at it because she's an adult.

Lincoln Evans
Lincoln Evans

She's a little more than a plot device, user. She plays a fundamental role in Gendo's, Shinji's and Rei's characterization.

Without being much of a character herself. As I said, a hovering presence over the show.

Angel Hall
Angel Hall

biological requirements
I kinda hate that ended up left open because it wasn't important enough to comment on, there's room left for it to be either true or just a second cover-up for people only in on part of the conspiracy.

Leo Baker
Leo Baker

The only crime is that they didn't give him the luckiest boy in japan award

Cooper Gomez
Cooper Gomez

See the chapter 36 of the manga.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page