Did the person who write this have no clue about swimming?

Charles Ross
Charles Ross

Give the newcomer the most difficult stroke

did the person who write this have no clue about swimming?

Henry Hall
Henry Hall

As if professional swimmers know a flying fuck about how anime works.

Dylan Cooper
Dylan Cooper

No one is watching Free! for the swimming. Also he'll drown himself trying anything else so...

Robert Jenkins
Robert Jenkins

If you're talking about blue, they made him try different styles until he found the one that suited him the most. If butterfly is the one that he stuck with by choice then I don't see why it's so difficult.

Jaxson Garcia
Jaxson Garcia

Makoto a best

Kevin Green
Kevin Green

Who cares. The show is fujoshit garbage.

Hudson King
Hudson King

butterfly requires the most training and years of experience, by putting rin on it, they killed their relay times.

They should have given him breaststroke(the easiest) and put nagisa on butterfly

Nathaniel Collins
Nathaniel Collins

!Free
Caring about swimming

LOL
O
L

This is one of the bottom tier of sports animes.

Landon Edwards
Landon Edwards

The guy who wrote Eyeshield 21 at least took the time to learn about football before writing it (despite all the DBZ-tier stuff he threw in).

Jordan Russell
Jordan Russell

Also one of the better animated sports anime, which is sad because the sport part is not the center of the whole thing.

Daniel Evans
Daniel Evans

Serves you right for watching fujoshit for anything more than fujoshit.

Josiah Allen
Josiah Allen

This is why Euphonium is the better sport anime.

Jayden Hill
Jayden Hill

Utsumi is a good director but she has such shit taste. Just why?

David Jenkins
David Jenkins

by putting rin on it, they killed their relay times
I'm guessing you meant Rei because Rin had years of experience and butterfly was one of his specialities

Matthew Robinson
Matthew Robinson

If you're more interested in a sports anime somewhat focusing on the actual sport, look forward to Yuri on Ice next since their staff seems to be studying actual skaters.
Band a shit and not an actual sport.

Adam Cruz
Adam Cruz

Thank goodness she's gone now.

Nathaniel Bennett
Nathaniel Bennett

Parasyte designs
I mean I'm going to watch it because of Sayo Yamamoto anyway but still

Noah Lewis
Noah Lewis

Maybe they should've let her and her shit taste reing, the Free tv anime is the most successful of Kyoani's own IPs.

Gavin Russell
Gavin Russell

Y-you know Rei can't swim other strokes, right? Having him swim anything else makes the team's times infinity.

Cooper Gray
Cooper Gray

It's also the most beautiful stroke.

Blake Fisher
Blake Fisher

it's anime, he is simply the most apt at doing the most difficult stroke for an inexplicable reason to get to the parts of the narrative that are interesting and what people want to see since it is fiction and not in any way meant to reflect reality

Benjamin Edwards
Benjamin Edwards

No one gives a fuck about logic in dumb fujo shows.

Xavier Howard
Xavier Howard

Yuri on Ice
It's actually Yaoi on Ice
MAPPA

Henry Howard
Henry Howard

KyoAni rafting when?

Lucas Sanders
Lucas Sanders

It's a joke, user. That a total noob would not just be able to swim the most difficult stroke, but sink like a stone when he tries anything else, is funny because it's contrary to expectations. You may have noticed that the first season of Free! is primarily comedic in tone.

Aaron Torres
Aaron Torres

Please don't post sluts here.

Lucas Richardson
Lucas Richardson

I didn't post Harushit though.

Adrian Myers
Adrian Myers

No one gave the stroke to him. He read about it and tried it out by himself, surprising everyone by being naturally talented at it. That was the joke.
Also,
Complaining of Chinese comedy cartoons not being realistic

Oliver Young
Oliver Young

I wish that Free! was more about swimming. Euphonium managed to strike a decent balance between faggotry and music.

Jaxson Murphy
Jaxson Murphy

Maybe we'll get a good balance again in the future?

Hunter Fisher
Hunter Fisher

Are you new?

h-he's fast!

Brody Allen
Brody Allen

That's precisely why Rei was put up against the cripple guy in s2 to make it fair.

Ayden Sullivan
Ayden Sullivan

I wish that Free! was more about swimming.
They did a good job making the swimming scenes dynamic and entertaining, while keeping them realistic (except the final races where everyone was on drugs having delusions). They also did a good job giving individuality to swimming styles, like Nagisa's arm extension or Rin's wall kick.
My favorite swimming scene is Sosuke preying on Haruka.

But swimming is just not a good sport for a manga/anime plot. You don't have several matches per tournament, only the relay has teamwork, and that's only when switching swimmers.

Ryan Rodriguez
Ryan Rodriguez

I don't know anything about Free or swimming, but usually in sports anime the newcomers are super talented Gods who instantly master some extremely difficult aspect of their sport of choice.

Jackson Nelson
Jackson Nelson

Yeah, and? If you remember the episode when they swim to the island through the storm at night and just sit and chit-chat as if nothing happened (and not showing a trace of exhaustion) INSTEAD OF FUCKING WARMING THEMSELVES UP AND FINDING SOMETHING TO EAT WITH A HIGH SUGAR CONTENT then you needn't ask, really.

Aaron Powell
Aaron Powell

INSTEAD OF FUCKING WARMING THEMSELVES UP AND FINDING SOMETHING TO EAT WITH A HIGH SUGAR CONTENT
They wore souvenir aprons for warmth. And ate canned saba and pineapple. And drank bottled water.
Not perfect, but at least they tried.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page