It all comes tumbling down

Isaiah Parker
Isaiah Parker

It all comes tumbling down
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-23/fullmetal-alchemist-manga-gets-live-action-film-in-winter-2017/.102420

All urls found in this thread:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-23/fullmetal-alchemist-manga-gets-live-action-film-in-winter-2017/.102420
Angel Davis
Angel Davis

It can't possibly be the entire manga in one film. How far into the plot do you think they will go?

Also
No casting for any Xing character

Jack Allen
Jack Allen

It's like some industry bigwigs meet in some dimly-lit, shady back room somewhere and agree that this year all the studios will collaborate on live-action versions of various anime properties.

James Martinez
James Martinez

Was the second Gantz movie any good? I only watched the first one and it was okay.

Hudson Fisher
Hudson Fisher

Talk about yellow-washing.

Daniel Jenkins
Daniel Jenkins

Western fantasy setting battle manga getting animated again
Why can't they for once pick something they can actually make decent, like a Vagabond movie or something.

Lucas Miller
Lucas Miller

Studios everywhere are betting in successful IPs so they make bank. There's a fucking Angry Birds movie out there right now. For God's sake, Hollywood.

Jacob White
Jacob White

The actress who plays Winry is hot.

That said, a blonde, blue-eyed scandinavian chick would have been a better fit.

Charles Morris
Charles Morris

The second one was watchable as well.

Nathan Long
Nathan Long

anime is about Japanese people
it gets adapted by Americans starring white actors

anime is about white people
it gets adapted by Japanese starring Japanese actors

Every time

Aiden Stewart
Aiden Stewart

animated
Did you actually read it?

Liam Thomas
Liam Thomas

who will be the dog girl?

Joseph Clark
Joseph Clark

xing characters played by white people.
yes.

Samuel Stewart
Samuel Stewart

The worlds entertainment industry is chicken shit and look bat shit crazy as fuck. Then again if it weren't so easy to convince morons to spend money on things with massive marketing campaigns I don't think they could pull this shit off.

Adam Cruz
Adam Cruz

This seems to be the new thing lately. It almost feels like a contingency just in case the anime market really does completely bottom out soon. I remember reading that the Erased movie did exponentially better financially than the anime did. I don't know if that's cause it was any better or just because most Japanese people don't take anime remotely seriously as a medium for obvious reasons.

Austin Cook
Austin Cook

Don't assume he can actually read, it's retard shaming.

Christian Harris
Christian Harris

Whats with this whole "revive a dead franchise" fad? First nasuverse, now this

Tyler King
Tyler King

The director is solid so there's some hope for decent movie.

They are probably going for the Kenshin movie deal. First movie to kick up plot and charcters. If it's successful they'll get contract for next two movies to wrap up the bigger plot. Honestly, it could work, somehow. Judging from the annoucned cast the first movie will most likely cover the story up to Hughes death with some changes and streamlining here and there.

Adam Moore
Adam Moore

asian
not white

Blake Sullivan
Blake Sullivan

The director is solid
Sure, but going from Ping Pong to FMA is a pretty huge step.

Joshua Young
Joshua Young

This seems to be the new thing lately. It almost feels like a contingency just in case the anime market really does completely bottom out soon.

Live action adaption aren't new at all, how fucking new are you? LA adaptions have nothing to do with the anime market, this stuff is put out by large multimedia companies.

Sup Forums is filled with new summer fags that doesn't know how the world works.

You're part of the masses too.

Jonathan Butler
Jonathan Butler

To be fair, there aren't exactly a ton of white people in Japan. Especially white people who speak Japanese fluently and are actors.

Jackson Campbell
Jackson Campbell

Mai Hime is next brother

FMA is still popular worldwide my friend

Tyler Butler
Tyler Butler

I want a fourth Kenshin with Enishi plz.

Kayden Foster
Kayden Foster

It's going to suck anyway. Why bother.

Liam Cook
Liam Cook

They should do what capeshit has been doing lately, just assume people are there because they already have a good idea of what the characters are all about. Might as well do a stand alone plot or something further along in the manga.

Camden Bennett
Camden Bennett

So is this american or what?
If it's just another jap live action movie of an anime then who cares, if it's american, then maybe we really are seeing hollywood shift from capeshit to anishit.

Ayden Thomas
Ayden Thomas

Might as well do a stand alone plot or something further along in the manga
Well, Ed banged Winry and she popped out some babies, so I guess it would have to be about Mustang and his crew.

Jack Perez
Jack Perez

Can't you read the fucking article?

Alexander Walker
Alexander Walker

Roma
White

Oliver Rodriguez
Oliver Rodriguez

I don't get why this is so hard to do this. Being on the internet isn't a excuse to be dumb/lazy.

Nathaniel Parker
Nathaniel Parker

It's not like it was necessary to read either, the OP picture has Japanese actors in it. They're just being fucking retarded.

Logan Green
Logan Green

market movie as FMA
it's just an R rated love story between Hawkeye and Mustang

I wish I was still a ship fag.

Ian Miller
Ian Miller

Full Metal
AWWWWW YEAH
Alchemist
eh

Tyler Young
Tyler Young

As long as the special effects are okay, I have hope.

Jose Sullivan
Jose Sullivan

To be fair, there aren't a lot of popular Japanese female actresses in the US.

Bentley Evans
Bentley Evans

Roma
Japanese

Btw Fuck off to /pol/

Hudson Ortiz
Hudson Ortiz

popular
That's a entirely different thing altogether. You could even say that's a consequence of the jew cronyism club. The popularity excuse is bullshit. They will cast newbie white actors/actresses, but asian is too much. Name Hollywood Death Note cast without googling their names. Name american Goku. You can't.

Caleb Hughes
Caleb Hughes

What were you expecting, if I may ask?

Jason Anderson
Jason Anderson

A poster talking about the GitS shitstorm earlier this year literally described FMA as the next movie to get an adaptation, in a list of them which would bring anime to normies.

Jesus christ its real

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page