I have marathoned the first 6 episodes of this show, when does it get good?...

Dylan Murphy
Dylan Murphy

I have marathoned the first 6 episodes of this show, when does it get good? It's just some romcom shit.
Also best girl got deleted from database.

Liam Martinez
Liam Martinez

haruhi has always sucked. it was just a product show of the late 2000's that people got into on a whim.

Sebastian Perry
Sebastian Perry

Why does Haruhi's VA in the dub sound like middle age woman trying to sound like a ditzy teen?

Maybe you had to be there.

Jason Smith
Jason Smith

Why does Haruhi's VA in the dub sound like middle age woman trying to sound like a ditzy teen?
welcome to Wendee Lee's voice "acting"

Anthony Cook
Anthony Cook

Dub

Evan Wilson
Evan Wilson

dub hating

typical Sup Forums

Lincoln Cruz
Lincoln Cruz

It doesn't.

Levi Long
Levi Long

just watch the whole thing bro, don't complain it gets better a will complain otherwise. Come back here when you watched the entire thing

Gavin Brooks
Gavin Brooks

Of course the guy who can't speak English assumes OP doesn't have job or priorities in life.

James Bell
James Bell

using commas
not speaking english

what

Nathaniel Wood
Nathaniel Wood

don't complain it gets better a will complain otherwise

what

Juan Long
Juan Long

a
a
a
a
a

what are you talking about im referring too this board.

Noah Cooper
Noah Cooper

Watch the rest lad

Charles Anderson
Charles Anderson

How do you marathon 6 episodes? That's less then the length of a movie

Benjamin Wood
Benjamin Wood

watching chronological order

Jackson Allen
Jackson Allen

Since when did watching 6 episodes count as a marathon? That's like half of a marathon and only fags brag about doing half marathons

Jaxon Roberts
Jaxon Roberts

We have to put slashes round it -- like Sup Forums -- or the autists will get annoyed.

If you want to piss them off, use Sup Forums instead, or [a/ if you want to be pedantic and unusual.

Evan Taylor
Evan Taylor

Watching 6 episodes straight without shitposting is hard

Brandon Foster
Brandon Foster

No it's broadcast order

Parker Ross
Parker Ross

To be fair, if OP is a Kenyan world champion long-distance runner, he could run a marathon in less time than it takes to watch 6 episodes of anime.

Wyatt Foster
Wyatt Foster

Hadn't thought about that.

Tyler Ross
Tyler Ross

marathoned
6p
No wonder a plebeian like you can't appreciate a true classic like Haruhi.

Zachary Reyes
Zachary Reyes

tfw I fucked up and watched the episodes in chronological unintentionally order and now what's left are some fillers SoL episodes

Brandon Evans
Brandon Evans

When you stop being bad

Ryder Cox
Ryder Cox

It's an issue of being readable you idiot. If you don't put the slashes around it, it looks just like the article 'a' and that's very fucking confusing to see in the middle of a sentence.

Grayson Jackson
Grayson Jackson

You are a huge faggot.

Oh I'm sorry, was that too confusing?

Anthony Clark
Anthony Clark

*out of place in a sentence

Shut up.

Cooper Powell
Cooper Powell

Gotta go with haruhiwebmanon on this lazydefensiveanon

Mason Cook
Mason Cook

fillers

Ethan Hall
Ethan Hall

Yeah like baseball even if it was very funny

Juan Gutierrez
Juan Gutierrez

They develop characters, set up plot elements/foreshadowing and work as SoL parts of the show

Nathaniel Ramirez
Nathaniel Ramirez

Yeah if you watched it broadcast order. Otherwise they are just vaguely hinting at something that just happened.

Not that chronological order is horrible or anything. It's the order of the LNs and the boring day in the rain episode actually provides closure to S1

Connor Foster
Connor Foster

first 6 episodes
best girl got deleted

There are people who don't watch this in the broadcast order?

Connor Smith
Connor Smith

Yeah but since I messed up and watched it the wrong order the plot is already resolved, isn't it?(melancholy from I to VI)

Gavin Hill
Gavin Hill

Because some fuckers putted their dl on this order

Carson Lewis
Carson Lewis

never liked kyon, comes off as an apathetic douchebag and I guess people used to relate with that

Jayden Williams
Jayden Williams

No, there's more than Melancholy plot-wise, like Sighs, Bamboo Leaf, the Island, the best being the movie

Liam Flores
Liam Flores

then don't watch it faggot

Jaxson Campbell
Jaxson Campbell

I just watched 22eps in broadcast order.
No it does not get any 'better'.
At this point Im just watching the rest for some kind sick twisted unsatisfying tortured closure.
I found taking breaks helps. If I watched too much I found myself taking it too seriously and losing out on the humour of the show.
I found its a SoL primarily with hints of supernatural.
Im sure there is 'deeper' analysis of the show but I cant be fucked.
I think I havent watched enough high- school hijinks to get the meta but with shit like the endless eight I feel like Kyoani's fucking trolling me.
Oh and Ive found Haruhi to be a sociopathic bitch in the anime and she doesnt get better.
Im probably going to read the LNs because somebody said the characters get better characterisation.
I think Haruhi got the My little sister cant be this cute treatment.
Also I skipped the endless eight as well.
Apparently the arc wasnt as long in the novels and Kyoani really fucked up the BD sales by making it eight episodes long. Between Nichijou and Haruhi I can see why people hate Kyoanifags for worshipping them as if they can do no wrong. I will admit they makes some great animation bit there is huge flaws in how they conduct some of their buisness. They're like the Bethesda of anime. There is also a thing going around that we wont get S3 because the licence is currently making too much money on pachinko to risk losing fans? Idk.
Your call OP.

Also what exactly did Haruhi change about the industry? Is there any clear comparisions to be mafe prior and after its release? Like rise in certain genres? Did it change a genre? What are some clones of Haruhi?

Christian Hall
Christian Hall

t. milenial normie

Caleb Hall
Caleb Hall

I wasn't talking about marathons that involved running nerd

Connor Mitchell
Connor Mitchell

"normie"
not using "normalfag"

Grayson Moore
Grayson Moore

I share this opinion.
Haruhi got nothing special, I don't know why some people on Sup Forums go crazy about it

Thomas Butler
Thomas Butler

marathoning Harufi
get to Endless Eight

Justin Clark
Justin Clark

According to Sup Forums and other places it was
pretty good for its time. AnimTion and story wise. However its been copied and everything changed. I cant see that too well. I havent tried too hard but I cant just take /a/'s or fans word for it and I dont exactly know where to look.

Chase Russell
Chase Russell

i think this show might have been better if you were watching one episode a week

also i really wonder about the endless eight , given the way other shows sell only a few episodes on each bluray/dvd, did they really have the gall to sell endless eight stretched over 2 (or even 3) dvd ?

Oliver Ross
Oliver Ross

The series was pretty shit. But it's worth it in the end if you watch the movie which has better overall animation and direction.

Nicholas Cook
Nicholas Cook

i remember the first show i dropped too

William Baker
William Baker

The number of episodes on each DVD is limited by storage capacity. And unless you're buying each disk separately, the company has incentive to use as few disks as possible, so it's cheaper to produce.

Nicholas Turner
Nicholas Turner

watching first time in chronological order
First half of your problem there. But it doesn't really matter, since...
thinking 6 episodes is a marathon
There's a minimum patience bar for this series to be enjoyable.

Jaxson Torres
Jaxson Torres

no capitalization
no punctuation
liking dubs
I'll take typical Sup Forums over your ass any day.

Joshua Adams
Joshua Adams

its a meme show, OP

Ryder Hughes
Ryder Hughes

1st episode: le random shit
2nd onwards: harem shit + random with le references

It's shit. One of the most overrated LN out there, Im glad even the author got fed up with it and put it in permanent hiatus.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page