What does Sup Forums think of Darker than Black?

Evan Miller
Evan Miller

What does Sup Forums think of Darker than Black?

Good, Shit, Good shit or...?

All urls found in this thread:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6573/Darker_than_Black__Ryuusei_no_Gemini
https://www.youtube.com/embed/Kji-0ceL5yY"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7MyDmijKsk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS6UVMXMHHo
Jayden Baker
Jayden Baker

Personally I thought it was pretty fun to watch. The MC seemed the right amount of edgy, like he was cool and not over the top emo or anything. But if you find yourself enjoying S1 ignore S2, it is incredibly boring.

Elijah Rivera
Elijah Rivera

Good shit, not that good though, the main plot could get a bit nonsensical and lacking in impact but good shit nonetheless.

Lucas Reed
Lucas Reed

It's pretty S2 never desu.

Matthew Torres
Matthew Torres

Yeah I've already seen both seasons (re-watching 1 because haven't seen it in a few years)

And yeah I more or less agree

Ryder Taylor
Ryder Taylor

It already has season 2 though...
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6573/Darker_than_Black__Ryuusei_no_Gemini

Jack Gutierrez
Jack Gutierrez

Best Bones show imo

Colton Wright
Colton Wright

Really? I liked E7 more, but then again I am a sucker for mecha

Cooper Lee
Cooper Lee

How's your first day? Enjoy the stay and the memes.

Nolan Perez
Nolan Perez

The MC seemed the right amount of edgy
This.
Personally my favourite "dark" character because it's not that tacked on. Can't think of any other characters like this that aren't also considered EDGY and generally a shit character because of they're overly antagonistic.

James Foster
James Foster

because they're overly antagonistic*

Connor Roberts
Connor Roberts

Wasn't Bones doing some promotion shit like a year ago and it had DTB bumper cats on it? What ever came of that.

Leo James
Leo James

If you mean on Sup Forums then I'd say my first 4-5 months but oh well

Kayden Sullivan
Kayden Sullivan

Still waiting for S2.

Alexander Nguyen
Alexander Nguyen

I think its because Hei has realistic motivations for his actions. Like he kills people, but the show constantly reminds you that he only does it for his job and that he actually has remnants of humanity left.

Eli Evans
Eli Evans

I thought it was really good, interesting world which set up a lot of interesting concepts and characters that it would have been nice to see properly expanded on in a second season, especially given how the first season ended.

Hudson Cook
Hudson Cook

S2 fucking when?

Asher Campbell
Asher Campbell

nice bait user, that just takes me to a 404. Can't believe I actually clicked it.

Aiden Roberts
Aiden Roberts

Not just Hei, which is great. In any other show a premise of "people who become cold calculating machines willing to kill" would have every single antagonist be an edgelord but in this they were still characterized as either normal people who also kill or broken people in some way.

Zachary Gonzalez
Zachary Gonzalez

E7 had good ideas but the pacing felt horrible to me. And once again, fuck them for trying to market the child abuser as a cool person.
The characters in Darker Than Black also seemed more human, which is kind of ironic in a way.

Josiah Clark
Josiah Clark

Like I know its been a thing forever to ignore S2 because it was so awful. But can we just take a moment to appreciate about how the best idea a creative director had was to have a 12 year old girl pull an anti material rifle out of her chest.Just kidding that was my idea for some fanfiction, what do you guys think?

Chase Roberts
Chase Roberts

I agree with this wholeheartedly, although I like E7 a lot I will be the first to admit the pacing was very bizarre. Maybe I like it so much because I thought Renton's and Eureka's romance felt super genuine.

Easton Robinson
Easton Robinson

I think it might work as like, a two episode filler arc focusing on child contractors.

James Moore
James Moore

A NIGHT SKY FULL OF CRIES

Lucas Thomas
Lucas Thomas

4-5 months

I hope this is bait

Carson Kelly
Carson Kelly

Never FUCKING reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.

Austin Collins
Austin Collins

Really? i was more thinking 12 episodes

Adam Ward
Adam Ward

The little girl needs to have a twin and you need to bring Mao back if you want this to be believable as fanfiction.

Mason Rogers
Mason Rogers

Can I make Hei a drunken pedophile? I feel like h was really missing those character traits in S1.

Tyler Thompson
Tyler Thompson

Wait. Hold on a second. I have a brilliant idea. Let's make the MC an alcoholic hobo for no fucking reason to show character development.

Matthew Ross
Matthew Ross

see I like your thinking m8

John Gray
John Gray

Please stop.

Nicholas Ward
Nicholas Ward

dark

Hudson Watson
Hudson Watson

Don't forget to take away his powers so that he has to rely on the loli to survive.

Levi Wright
Levi Wright

You're all actually morons. A series of Darker Than Black created to the specifications you're describing would be probably one of the most awful things ever. Stop it.

Luke Perez
Luke Perez

I hope this isn't bait

Nope not bait but first time seeing anything about DTB so I get the idea now that S2 doesn't actually exist.

Evan Long
Evan Long

Woah dude chill, its just fanfiction. Its not like you ever have to worry about Bones actually making this the plot of the show. kill me ;_;

Jason King
Jason King

HAERTS FULL OF LIES

Kevin Howard
Kevin Howard

Oh and you have to turn Yin into a god.

Gavin Harris
Gavin Harris

best idea a creative director had was to have a 12 year old girl pull an anti material rifle out of her chest
Can't tell if you're pretending to be retarded or if you're a legit lost cause.

Ryder Rivera
Ryder Rivera

Jokes on you

Blake Stewart
Blake Stewart

The first season was great, second was pretty shitty. It's sort of sad to see what has become of Bones. They used to make some of the best anime originals out there but today's Bones is a shell of their former selves.

Also, does anyone have that screen cap of when the user trolled a mod into banning him, I remember it was a DtB I KNOW I CAN KILL.

Lincoln Young
Lincoln Young

Let's not forget about this amazing cover

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Kji-0ceL5yY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Michael Watson
Michael Watson

Whoops accidentally copied the embed code instead of link...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kji-0ceL5yY

Ryan Thompson
Ryan Thompson

DtB I KNOW I CAN KILL
dude i feel like everyone here has insanely strong ideas. Should we make it a collab project?

Noah Morales
Noah Morales

accidentally pasted the DtB part my b

Landon Bell
Landon Bell

fuck them for trying to market the child abuser as a cool person
I read E7 first because I always had the idea that the anime was adapted and I was surprised at how thoroughly unlikeable Holland was.

In the manga, him punching Renton seemed like a momentary lapse. He'd erred and felt rightly guilty about it. Then in the anime, from what I remember everyone seemed alright with it. He came across as a cunt throughout.

Jacob Bennett
Jacob Bennett

So many good ideas in this thread. Let me add to it.

How about we have a time skip which leaves out a crucial part of the MCs character development and motives and make an OVA out of it. We would make millions!

Hudson Ward
Hudson Ward

Should we send these ideas to Bones, I feel like they might like them

Angel Gonzalez
Angel Gonzalez

We can atleast agree that the OP of the non existent S2 was pretty good though, r-right?

Julian Gray
Julian Gray

thats some nice fanart man, that loli an OC?

Robert Lopez
Robert Lopez

It was probably the same guy correcting his own typo you crossboarder cum.

Thomas Kelly
Thomas Kelly

scum*

Andrew Edwards
Andrew Edwards

Done used the Japanese they taught at my high school.

Nicholas Cook
Nicholas Cook

A good example of how not explaining anything and acting like everyone knows what happened and never talk about it confuses the viewer. I'm still unsure whether it was good to build up mystery or just completely annoying.

Andrew Torres
Andrew Torres

fucking based user

Oliver King
Oliver King

Its based as fuck. The 2 episode 'arcs' makes it perfect for rewatching.

Also god tier fight scenes

Jeremiah Wilson
Jeremiah Wilson

Furigane is how to pronounce the name. In your case you should have put ๆŽ่ˆœ็”Ÿ(Li'a name) for the name and the name part as furigane.

Cameron Hall
Cameron Hall

Some of the best fight scenes still imo with a decent plot especially the characters were all interesting.

Season 2 was okayI enjoyed it

William Powell
William Powell

season 1 was good

Owen Roberts
Owen Roberts

What I liked s1 a lot more, but I honestly didn't mind s2.

Levi Hughes
Levi Hughes

That's fair. I personally found it incredibly disappointing and boring but hey to each his own. If you don't mind me asking, what did you like about S2?

Jeremiah Gutierrez
Jeremiah Gutierrez

S2 isnt that bad as long as you go S1 > OVA > S2
Actually makes sense that way

Charles Mitchell
Charles Mitchell

Ah I personally went S1>S2. in fact I never watched the OVA because I hate S2 so much :/

Liam Gomez
Liam Gomez

Ah I see, they didn't tell us the important stuff just the shit I'd never use. So like this?

Asher Foster
Asher Foster

I actually watched in that order and still didnt enjoy or fully understand the ending of S2

Grayson Hall
Grayson Hall

Its been over half a decade, but I think I just liked July and Suou a lot and their interactions with Hei.

Ethan Diaz
Ethan Diaz

Season 2 is when everyone at Bones got high and drunk and read a Darker than Black fanfic and made an anime about it. Nothing more.

Brayden Rodriguez
Brayden Rodriguez

Crossfading, not even once

Adrian Thomas
Adrian Thomas

Interesting. Like you said it has been a while, but If I recall I never minded the character interactions, but I really didn't like Suou's character and what they did with Hei himself.

Gabriel Adams
Gabriel Adams

The end of the world from the prophecy in the Mikata documents were that shota that woke up in the end.

Noah Wilson
Noah Wilson

Whoop
These guys are better than the actual OP

Nolan Powell
Nolan Powell

It was so weird to get Amber and C.C. back to back in terms of seasons

Josiah Baker
Josiah Baker

I think i would need to rewatch it since right now i can barely piece together the plot of season 2. I think i most vividly remember some stupid sidestories about that faget kid and the reporters. I dont really wanna see it again though. I think i will be just fine with my barely coherent memories.

Bentley Russell
Bentley Russell

I just remember the loli shaking her flat tummy everywhere. All I need in this life

David Wright
David Wright

I actually enjoyed the OVAs. They had a ton of Hei-Yin interaction, which I couldn't get enough of. They're certainly better than S2.

Zachary Harris
Zachary Harris

I want to fuck a cripple

Ayden Brown
Ayden Brown

Very overrated.

Honestly show is just decent but this board loves the fuck out of it for some reason.

Christopher Smith
Christopher Smith

Its okay. Hei is the best part of it, the whole Amber plot came in really late and wasn't interesting at all. Being episodic there was alot of hit or miss arcs.

S2 had a bad story but the action kept up

Jason Diaz
Jason Diaz

God tier.

Lincoln Lee
Lincoln Lee

I liked S2. Not as much as S1 but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Samuel Hernandez
Samuel Hernandez

Madoka is overrated, Darker Than Black is not. As long as you pretend s2 and the OVA don't exist.

Juan Perez
Juan Perez

Yeah, especially how they both played the old-yet-young mentor type who want to fuck the MC.

Hunter Wood
Hunter Wood

If they could go back and mix DTB and DTB2 into one good show that would be great.

Like take the good stuff from DTB2 but not make the child the MC.

Nathan Edwards
Nathan Edwards

Darker Than Black is not
Because you wasn't here when DtB aired?

Hunter Green
Hunter Green

I was on /m/ mostly around that time.

Jacob Fisher
Jacob Fisher

The OVAs and Manga were amazing. The manga needs to be the S2 that we never got.

Adam Miller
Adam Miller

Love this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7MyDmijKsk

Bentley Clark
Bentley Clark

Everyone here is still gay for Hei.

Charles Ward
Charles Ward

There's already a season 2 (sort of), and Iรจm doubtful there's going to be a 3rd season.

Leo Murphy
Leo Murphy

A movie adaptation would not be bad

Nicholas Carter
Nicholas Carter

Yasushi Ishii is a god. I cannot fucking wait for the Drifters anime.

Angel Wood
Angel Wood

If you mean on Sup Forums then I'd say my first 4-5 months but oh well
I'd say my first 4-5 months but oh well

Like it's something to be proud of, faggot. Lurk moar.

Jace Perez
Jace Perez

i fucking love tights

Owen Wright
Owen Wright

Oh, I also made a similar fanfic,I called it "mahou Suou"

Xavier Foster
Xavier Foster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS6UVMXMHHo

Brayden Nelson
Brayden Nelson

Yin is mai waifu

Joshua Flores
Joshua Flores

Jesus I went to bed last night (after starting this thread) didn't expect it to still be up.

Jordan Morris
Jordan Morris

You take Yin and I'll take Bai

Jacob Perry
Jacob Perry

First ep of S3
S2 was just Yin dreaming

Alexander Green
Alexander Green

Do you like X-men? If so, you will love this show.It is truly amazing.

Xavier Cruz
Xavier Cruz

Yeah S2's opending was pretty damn good. Best part about that season.

As a lot of others have said. S1 was god-tier. OVAs were awesome if you loved HeixYin. S2 was alright until the clusterfuck ending.

Evan Moore
Evan Moore

Reminder 10th anniversary is next year

BONES has a huge Original Anime project they will announce this year that will debut next year.

Jayden Martin
Jayden Martin

Do you know when this announcement is?

Aiden Ward
Aiden Ward

Also to add, Okamura doesn't have anything else lined up other than Kuromukuro which will be completed by October and new NNT season is only going to be 4 episodes long.

Brayden Green
Brayden Green

Stop giving me false hope, user.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page