An economy with no government regulations would look like the Runescape economy

An economy with no government regulations would look like the Runescape economy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X8gBEfCZiDI
youtu.be/JkR7zClEkAo
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy_of_the_commons
youtube.com/watch?v=arEOmQ_JpAw
youtube.com/watch?v=cZPE-45HJIQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah because everyone loved the trade restrictions they put in that game.

Every item in Runescape has intrinsic value in the form of alch value. This hard value is a form of regulation.

Real life products do not have a hard, default value.

They made an old version of the main game. The main game is pretty much dead at this point.

DOUBLING MONEY LEGIT

GILDING ARMOR

>real life is a video game
Typical leftist

Cant u get banned for economic manipulation tho? I know in WoW you can

And then they added the Grand Exchange again...

> I know in WoW you can
if its obvious

Doubling money

IF YOU ARE BLACK COME TO THE WILDERNESS WITH ME SO I CAN SHOW YOU HOW I GOT ALL THESE STRONG WEAPONS

It would also look like America pre-1913.

cyan:buying gf ~~~ zezima2938

False. A Staff of Sliske sells for 2.4 bill but doesn't alch for a thousandth of that. A party hat is the most expensive item in the game but alchs for a few GP.

Glow3:wave2: buying dds+ 65k!@!@!@@!@!@!@!@!

hey, wanna help me with a pking vid? you'll need to bring your armor btw

come to the clan wars arena, I will drop 10m

Party hats were a bit different because they were only acquired by rsnclassic players and then when the game switched over to rs2 if you had an rsclassic account with one you kept it. So it was extremely hard to get one in the first place and then if you kept playing you could trade it

A TON of people from rsclassic with party hats quit before rs2 so they just sat in their bank forever. Making them even rarer

>
>False. A Staff of Sliske sells for 2.4 bill but doesn't alch for a thousandth of that. A party hat is the most expensive item in the game but alchs for a few GP.

Incidentally, why can't you give items a value in Gold? That's all alch price is. A self sufficient market where a fraction of items have value in a set amount of gold, and where others are decided by pure capitalism. Supply and demand.
You're wrong. They have about equal players. Any advantage oldschool seems to have is down to its huge botting problem.

All T70, 80, 90 and 92 sets, including the T99 prayers have their items decided by the market. With the exclusion of something like a whip or a dark bow.

youtube.com/watch?v=X8gBEfCZiDI
I hope we never get that bad.

>You're wrong. They have about equal players. Any advantage oldschool seems to have is down to its huge botting problem.
You're just retarded at this point.

>str lvl
>add me
>fight?
>safer
>tfuck you
>noob
>newb
>nub
>drop trading
>

Value is subjective low supply increases scarcity and its value.

Literally all you have to do is go on the home page of each. There is barely a difference in players.

DDS were worth 60k by its time investment, its usefulness and its properties.

You can't and nobody has ever been banned from it.

I just looked up a chart. Theres about 10k difference which is quite alot. I hate to tell you that. But im sure you can't even barley read with Ahmed raping your wife.

>buying gf

Whips were worth 1m because of all its values put into place for someone to think that its a fair trade.

As of right now.
>30k osrs
>20k rs3
>Barely any difference.
Kek

60%

Wait until automation really kicks into full swing. THEN it would look like the RuneScape economy
>Bots

>Being disingenuous about the OSRS botting problem.
>Not realising back in 2012 the botnuke halved the RS population overnight.

Yeah try again.

>tfw I botted mage over night
>nothing better than waking up to sweet exp

Not cornering the wool market for months and slowly pushing the price up before dumping.

Oh dude really bringing back the memories

Except that Jagex sets artificial prices for all items via high alch value. This is also how money enters the game and items which have no use maintain a value. Money also exits the game through gold sinks, which are unrealistic, but they keep inflation in check.

Basically leaf poster is practically retarded and doesn't know what hes talking about.

>party hat high alch: 1gp
>real price: more than max cash

Basically leaf poster is practically retarded and doesn't know what hes talking about.

I find it funny that rs gold is stronger than venuzvelan money.

A party hat is now 2k

A buddy and I ended up getting 65mill and a good amount of rune armour sets by making accounts named jagrexcorpgiveaway or something along those lines with a money value at the end. Guys in rune armour would just give you their damn password kek. That all stopped after they made that learn not to be scammed dungeon over in the barbarian village. Those were some fun times though.

flash1:wave: Selling rune scim 25k!!!!!!111!!!!!1!!

Duriel did nothing wrong

A partyhat is like a mint condition, genuine Ford Model T. It has no real use these days other than to look pretty but people would pay out the ass to own one because not only were there not that many made, but they will never be made again.

Actually model Ts would be a bad comparison, but you know what I mean. That video game is just like real life in that people with too much money to spend want high-prestige things to show off and there happen to be not very many partyhats left and no more will be made.

Although an item in Runescape might look like a worthless object there was a court case in the Netherlands about someone who stole an item in Runescape and he has been punished.

Runescape is a pretty good analogy for globalism, actually. When they introduced all the trade restrictions and took away the wilderness (where strong players could triumph over weak players) the game became a shadow of its former self: sterile and boring. The same thing happening with mass immigration (white high level players being forced to interact with shitty low level players such as Africans and Pakis), thus ruining the whole point of the game.

Not on fucking botscape. Blues have been north of 20B on RS3

I wonder if some economics teacher could use Runescape as part of his curriculum. Like, market manipulation as a homework.

the runescape economy was fucking weird, things became less expensive the more you developed them because the real value was in the exp from working with them

>currency becomes so over inflated that a few million is considered poor

Yeah that's something you can't really find a parallel to in real life, the goal is to sell your end product enough so to make a profit. In Runescape you either transform a resource and sell it for profit, or make a finished product and lose money.

Only cases where it's different is for very high level items that necessitate extremely high stats. Many of those are still super cheap because there are many players with such levels, but items made with very rare items have ridiculous prices. Back when I played Amulet of Fury sold for millions because you needed super high crafting and magic to make it yourself and the mats cost hundreds of thousands.

>You can literally create money out of THIN AIR by alching items that you don't have to spend any gold on resources for, get runes from monsters, get items to alch from monsters
>Pure gold creation
>Somehow end up being worth more than Venezuelan and Zimbabwean money

LOL

>kill goblins to get gold
>economy

>Kill bear to get pelt and meat you can sell for gold
>economy

Sure there's one more step but still. Killing a goblin for gold would be more like killing another person to steal his shit.

Comfy
youtu.be/JkR7zClEkAo

Oldschool runescape has trade limits.
You can only buy x amount of an item every 4 hours.
For example only 14000 fire runes every 4 hours.
How is this unregulated again?

The free market is also regulated.
What is your point to be exact?
You should be able to expose the entire community to capital manipulation or should you limit it for all?
There are literally "merchants" in runescape who do nothing more than buy low and sell high.
I did that. On a f2p account i merched fishing bait. I bought it for 2 or 3 and sold it for 4 or 5.
Doing this for a week gave me about 500k gp.
Fishing bait is not a high demand item so it takes time but it can be worth it.
With more money however you can do it to other items, like for example runes. Than you can buy them at 180 and sell at 200 or some shit. If you have enough capital you can totally control the value.
Atm i got 1.5k ham boot on my account, although I am not member anymore.
I singlehandedly merched ham boots from 2.5k to 6k after it hit that 6k other people joined in, it seemed and it hit as high as 10k at peak times.

Jewing in rs is totally eye opening on wtf the jews are doing in Wallstreet and so on.

Runescape has alchemy so perhaps not the best comparison

Actually someone was banned for using many accounts to bypass the trade limit just a coyple weeks ago. There was a post on leddit and one of the jmods tweeted about it

I still remember tricking people to going into the wildy by saying they can "bloodcurse" their strongest items to do double damage then have friends waiting to jump them. I honestly think I made one guy kill himself in real life.

Alchemy could be seen as recycling.
Recycling has a cost = runes.
After recycling you have your materials back = the gp you got from alching.

Glow2:scroll: Buying gf 12gp

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy_of_the_commons

>I wonder if some economics teacher could use Runescape as part of his curriculum. Like, market manipulation as a homework.
My Junior year research paper was about the influence of gold farming and botting on the Runescape economy.

It would look more like EVE Online.

NERDS!

comfier
youtube.com/watch?v=arEOmQ_JpAw

>globalism is not being restricted
Ypu must be one of those negro brits

This desu
Eve is really the only game with an actual unregulated economy that has a real player made demand for items, from the smallest mineral to the largest ship.
Nothing his added in game by devs, it's the best economy simulator online.

It would be like the whole cryptocurrency issue, you input actions using a preprogrammed system to gain something out of it.

Runescape gold was Bitcoin before bitcoin.

fuckin cunts why cant they fix our goddamn worlds i just wanna pk in fuckin peace but these dumbcunt screwarses can't even pay a little extra shekels to telstra fuckin cunts

So I would be rich at level 10 due to working hard and chopping trees for hours, then I get to Jew some brainlets out of their items and become progressively richer? Where do I sign?

>An economy with no government regulations would look like the Runescape economy.

runescape has restrictions on trade dumbass.
i used to play it in 2007.

the game is full of scammers too but the got purged by jagex.

Comfiest youtube.com/watch?v=cZPE-45HJIQ

>globalism
>free trade
I assume when he said globalism he meant trade deals, EU, UN and other crony capitalist scum.

Aw, even though online games largely follow real-life economic patterns, you're really limited in terms of forming organizations

I don't compare reality to a pixelated fantasy created by degenerates who base their existence on the fantasy world they created as an excuse to never create anything of lasting value in this world.

a q p

w

A better example is Eve Online.

But then using automation would get you killed.

hoax

>You can deprive Venezuelans of their livelihood by stopping them from farming green dragons in wildy.