Was he redpilled?

Or just crazy? That new documentary has me BTFO.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt5618256/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

redpilled yes
crazy, also yes
it's a pretty dangerous combo

more specific pls

Yeah, he was redpilled.
When I was young, I looked up to him and I thought I must have been a sick person for thinking that way. Now I am older and I realize it is indeed the world that is sick.

fpbp

think he ever got weinstein'd?

Whats the new documentary? Link?

I remember hearing about this case when I was younger but watched that Manhunt show and was kind of blown away by it. Have to look up the manifesto I suppose.

It's on Netflix, it's a drama-mentary but it was pretty good IMO. Some of his stuff made sense.

>

Sorry, "Manhunt: Unabomber"

The manifesto is hilarious (and worth a read). He complains about "oversocialized bourgeois types" on the left (basically NORMIES).

What documentary??

Im sure most of it is delusional and they pulled the best quotes from it to paint him in a softer light. I'll take a gander for sure.

imdb.com/title/tt5618256/

nope its a giant red pill, ted is smart as fuck

I read the entire manifesto. It is not delusional at all (except for maybe 3 sentences where he says that he must kill people in order to spread his manifesto).

He was crazy but he was also smarter than the average bear and his diagnosis of the ills of post industrial society is non ironically very cogent at several poinys

What was delusional about that? you're talking about it right now, twenty years later

He wasn't crazy in anyway. Even with MKultra memes.

Considering any violent act as something crazy is just a defense mechanism.

His bombings were however amoral attempts at revenge for society continually invading and destroying his little haven in the woods. and not a genuine attempt to spread his work.

Read his actual work, any doc is going to strawman everything and exclude things that are controversial. Not just his manefesto either, he still writes books.

I have a PhD in essentially the same field as Kaczynski, and a very famous mathematician in a closely-related field wrote a lengthy post about the ultimate "purpose" of a pure mathematician, and Kaczynski is the specific example he gave of the dangers of following your mathematical instincts to the exclusion of all other concerns.

Of course, Kaczynski was 100% right about the fate of humanity; the only error in his logic is the assumption that he was going to achieve via his bombing campaign the most a single person could achieve to avert this fate. The essential kernel of truth in his manifesto is much too hard to swallow for most people of any type, much less your average normie who has never once in their life had a truly deep thought about anything.

this, he was right even about that

the only place i disagree with him is that his solution would basically mean giving up on human progress/conquest of the stars and i see that as the main objective; to spread far and wide enough that we can not be taken out. This is the goal of all life i think; to spread and become secure in existence.

Yeah, there is a difference between knowing something is true and actually believing it. People won't live their faith if it asks too much of them, especially if it is totally out of their element. Even living rurally I feel I would end up in some middle ground wanting luxuries like a freezer/refrigeration.

The ability to simply return to society also makes all the work a defacto surrogate activity and not something you are doing to survive.

That shit is retarded and only necessary long term. because of the damage modern life does to humanity and the world.

We don't have to worry about the sun engulfing us millions or billions of years from now. It's an extremely worldly view that isn't healthy regardless.

Obligatory reminder that Ted Kaczynski, aka "The Unabomber", successfully published a book from prison in August 2016 on how to execute an anti-technology revolution whilst everyone else was concerned with election happenings.

Obligatory TK post

It's always sad that even Ted threads get ignored on nu-reddit.

this thread again

fuck off anarchists

Ted isn't an anarchist. He get's lumped with the anarco-primativist and environmentalists but he's just a primativist.

More like genius.

I always think that he's techno-revisionist.

Based. That is all peace out.