Anyone else remember when steven colbert was considered based?

Anyone else remember when steven colbert was considered based?

Like in 2008.

no. What made him so based in 2008?

Reactions to Trump has forever changed the way I see many of these people, from newscasters to actors to musicians

He still is based. There aren't many people brave enough to stand up against the president and his Jewish puppet masters.

He was attempting to run for president and was actually causing light trouble for politics. Looking back it wasnt much but at the time it was pretty cool. He was still on the left but at that time thr left made more sense than the christian right wing. And still does..

And it should tbqh..

kys

You're being sarcastic, right?

I always hated him.
Even when I watched The Daily Show to see jokes about that fucktard G W Bush.
Colbert was always hollow and full of bullshit.

Sup Forums used to be left wing, but both Sup Forums and the left wing have changed
the left are the establishment now, and Sup Forums has always been contrarian first and foremost

>contrarian
I don't think so

No. You were just more of a faggot back then

I wouldn't say he was based but his satirical persona was genuinely funny.
He was able to point out the absurdity of certain
decisions, whereas now, he himself is absurd.
Ya may even say his Presidential campaign laid down some groundwork for Trump

No. You were just a mindless liberal drone back then OP.

Lol is that you, Colbert? But jokes aside, I used to consider Jon Stewart based but Trump has had this magical effect of exposing people for what they really are. The government had been able to hide it for a long time, fucking us over and blaming the other guy, congress gridlock, etc. But now with Trump actually forcing issues they can no longer hide

I remember watching Colbert when i was in middle school. Shit was funny as fuck. I didnt expect him to become such a fucking prick.

Colbert gets constant death threats from psycho rural retards who are too flouridated to realize they're getting kiked

He was funny back when he was Noblet fagging out on Jellyneck.
Turns out he was just being himself.

This.

He's much more outwardly a satanist pedophile now. Just ask his good pal John Podesta.

Did you need an alt right thesaurus to write that?

i honestly thought he was a conservative, with a really good sense of humor. When it became clear he was a liberal mocking conservatives, i still didnt mind b/c he was hilarious. Hes a total fucking fagget now. its clear his character made him

Yea his show got boring very fast. I liked the word of the day bit though. I always watched Daily Show and tuned out after.

>He was attempting to run for president and was actually causing light trouble for politics. Looking back it wasnt much but at the time it was pretty cool. He was still on the left but at that time thr left made more sense than the christian right wing. And still does..

What kind of revisionist history is this bullshit?

gif related

No. He's always been entirely awful. He was instrumental in painting conservatives as bumbling morons to an entire generation of impressionable teenagers, and is probably as much to blame for Gen Y being the way they are than any other single person.

He was never "based," he was always a colossal leftist faggot. I actually knew somebody who didn't realize that Colbert was satirical or leftist.

I never considered Steven Cuckbear based. He has always been a Jewish diversion from reality. Another one of satan's attempts to distort reality.

The left has been the establishment in the media and academia for decades. They were never as obnoxious about it as they have been the past few years.

Watching Colbert report know I realize how much of a brainwashing fuck fest it was. It was actually funny though and the character was well developed. Colbert now is fucking insufferable.

Not really. His novelty show was entertaining for a short time, but his shtick lacks substance and quickly became monotonous.

>Sup Forums has always been contrarian first and foremost
We've always been elitist on our relevant board, you goon. You're supposed to back up you disagreements, but faggot shitposters just assume your statement as a matter of course.

yeah, this. The neocons were in power so we fought for the left. Then the left came in power so we fight for the right. Sup Forums is always the counterweight on the political pendulum, moving against the swing to try and make sure it doesn't swing too far.

But we are contrarians. He wasn't wrong.

Read his encyclopedia dramatica. I havent read it in years but if you back to 2008 or so they were slobbing all over stephens knob.

fucking neck yourself, your opinion is so wrong here have an anime image to make you feel bad

Pic related is you

He's always been a leftist.

Although he was actually funny sometimes when he was pretending not to be.

desu I believe that colbert was initially intended to be the jon stewart of the right; however, colbert abandoned the demographic during the obama-era when such opinions were not supported by the media. Its a shame, I really enjoyed colbert when I was in high school 06-10. I cant stand him now - hope his show is forgotten.

His career peaked with strangers with candy. That was back when it was still okay to make fun of homos. It was all downhill after that.

Conservashits are bumbling morons though. Just look at them today trying to roadblock the wall and repealing obongocare.

When any 1%'er tv star gets black bagged and shipped to Gitmo, you can call them brave.

He used to call out politicians across the spectrum.

Now he's a DNC fuck toy.

He used to call out politicians across the spectrum.

Now he's a DNC fuck toy.

KEK
Good one

Are you me?

based means basehead, as in crack cocaine addict.

His books from back then discussed a lot of things I think Sup Forums would agree with: Importance of the family unit, pride in one's country, pride in one's faith even.

He was mostly a moderate, right wing by today's 'standards'.

Basically he was about faith, family, and politics, of which 2/3 of those would fall under the right. Once he made the transition over to major network, he changed tunes.