Rich immigrants buying up real estate a bad thing?

Hi Pol,
I am a libertarian who believes in private property rights, the right to buy and sell anything, and small government.

I read about Auckland's homeless, because of the NZ PM saying "capitalism is failing NZ, because of rich asians/foreigners buying up homes, and NZ has no capital gains tax for real estate, with holding costs as low .5 per year, but I heard if you started a real estate company, and manged apartments, then they tax you up the ass, because it's not your own home".

What do you think about rich asians coming up to your city and buying up homes, and not renting them?

It does really fuck with the property market, like in California, Vancouver, Australia and NZ; and our governments are too incompetant to manage low income housing themselves...

We cant pass up rich chinese money, but we don't want tons of homeless people...

How do we eliminate homelessness in cities like Auckland, SF, LA, Vancouver, which is caused by rich asian home buyers, but still keep their money in USA?

yes, especially when they are not fucking White

nonwhite stupid faces induce vomit
t. well off property owner of European descent

>I am a libertarian
Whatever it is, you're wrong.

It artificially drives up home values and makes housing un-affordable for that country's native citizens.

I bet you actually thought you were part of the ruling natural elite.

>What do you think about rich asians coming up to your city and buying up homes, and not renting them?
it makes me very angry. sydney isn't even australian anymore.

Build more houses. It's cheaper to build a new one than to buy an old one.

Alot of cities restrict the construction of new housing developments. In my city, they will only allow the new construction of apartment complexes. Effectively forcing people into renting for the rest of they're lives.

Yes!
Very true, except in California, Canada, Australia, and NZ due to government bribes/fees called permits...

Its literally 40k to get any permit here in santa cruz california.

>what third world niggers actually believe

Go see how much it costs just to draw up the plans and have them approved.

Bad for who? If you own a home you would be gaining a lot of equity and adding to your wealth. If you are a first time home buyer you should look at different housing markets.

>Your whole island is expensive
>Better leave my island to the slants

Spineless cowards are willing to trade your birthright for paper. It’s disgusting.

grow more potatoes. it's harder than it looks.

The Boomers are trying to find ways to retire comfortably and since they bought up most of the houses they don't mind the increase in prices even if the young generation gets fucked

They know that the pensions/social security scheme is going to crash in the next decade

I own a home and the increase in home values is making me wealthy, increasing my standard of living, and nice amenities are being built in my community. It's a real nightmare.

Yep I’m sure. You’ll be left in a land occupied by people you do not recognize and instead of leaving your property to your children you’ll cash in and abandon your home after reassuring your children they need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

That is if the kikes don’t subject your neighborhood to a block busting scheme and leave you penniless surrounded by feral niggers.

The law has to be , if a foreigner buys property they must spend x time there to fulfill their residency visa (6months) or forfeit the property.
Foreigners also should not be allowed to purchase the actual land only the structure and foreigners should not be allowed to buy sell trade commercial properties.
Foreigners and foreigner owned business that purchase properties should have a separate taxation scheme on a city, county, state, federal level that is much higher than citizens owning it.
Foreigners purchasing units and not living in them should not be allowed. Leaving a property vacant for more than 6 months should lead to forfeiture.
Foreigners are already paying extra interests in loans but many of these people buy property with cash. This should be forbidden. Cash purchases should be heavily scrutinized and taxed.
Landlords should be penalized for renting apartments to noncitizens, non residents, illegals.
Foreign investments should be limited to a fixed time. If a foreigner invests in a building project they should be paid back with interest for 30 years and their share of the property be given back or sold to a citizen.

>allowing foreigners to own real estate
what the fuck is wrong with you people?

Canada/Australia/NZ are too far gone and are just playgrounds for rich chinks now. All levels of their government are probably infiltrated by special interest groups to service said chinks.

All countries will now slowly become republics/move out of US influence completely to make them more mouldable to Chink influence.

It's also happening in the U.K and the U.S

Just look at house prices in places like L.A and London

Didn't nz au ca allow them to buy because of Hong Kong. When they gave back Hong Kong to china technically the people of Hong Kong were British subjects meaning part of the commonwealth so they had same rights in all British commonwealths. and those Rich Hong Kong people left in droves after 99 to places like Vancouver , Sydney and NZ. But why are mainland Chinese coming over and buying property now? Why are they even allowed to buy the actual land in a foreign country.

if you are selling homes that cost $25,000 to build for $1,000,000 you sure as hell will be using a lot of that profit to ensure things stay that way

My personal favorite is how they pass legislation to force home owners into paying astronomical prices for utilities.

>You will now have to purchase three recycling dumpsters for a fee of 300 dollars a month, don't like it? then you go to jail

>statistics show home owners use more tap water, you will now have to pay three times the amount for a water bill. oh and we drained down the lake super low, so the city is now under drought conditions. Whats that? you are refusing to purchase our water plan? Go to Jail!

In my city, a homeowner is forced to pay at least 400 dollars a month for trash and water as minimum payment for even living there. as a result people flee to the outskirts, but the city has a plan for this. they aggressively annex any outlining towns and purposefully construct the highways to bottle neck people who commute from out of city to work. They also pass gas taxes as another economic incentive to keep people trapped inside

Protectionism and libertarianism/minarchism are not mitually exclusive.

In fact you can argue it is specifically the role of the state in this instance to protect society from an outside influence.

Libertarian ideals must necessarily be a closed system. You cannot afford free market privileges to communist dictatorships who can shoot the workers if they strike, and you can't let a bunch of foreigners who have similar advantages buy up all the housing in your area.

Understood but it's ridiculous to that government allows this.

Rich immigrants lol

Hell im still waiting for.......

a black couple to a poor white babay?

to shop at a black owned business?
to eat African Black food? (soul don't count that is just southern cooking if your white)
to buy an African Made product at Walmart?
to use an electronic device invented by a Negro?
to be the only white person in a black church?
to feel safe in the inner city.

Man you better get with this cultural appropriation quick you racist!!!!!

They should let foreigners buy goods, at a later point in them they should get rid of them and repossess everything.Fucking chink niggers really believe that they can own anything. kek

What the fuck are you talking about?

Rich foreign nationals buying up precious resources - property - and taking them out of the market are a serious problem.

>Let me use government regulation to artificially inflate the value of my property, all while calling myself a libertarian