SHTF - Prepping Thread/Advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/
almanac.com/gardening/planting-dates/states
youtube.com/watch?v=k5rDbr_0Ik8
risingsbunkers.com/layouts-pricing-bunkers/xtreme-series-fallout-shelter-general/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You can grow potatoes in garbage bags on the side of your house if you don't have a lot of arable land.

Alcohol and Cigarettes will be a good early currency.

Get yourself a plum tree, Rakia is an easy liquor to make and distill.

Pic related is shite. In a SHTF scenario you dont want any livestock because 1) they carry disease and most importantly 2) You will have to farm a lot more to feed the livestock. You will work less if you farm just vegetables, fruits, and grains which means more time for other important matters.

And you can bake 50 at a time in the dishwasher.

Start buying canned goods now. Money is cheap currently and food is plentiful. Any low-acid food in cans will stay edible for many years. Buy stuff you actually eat and rotate it out. There is no reason why anyone can't spend an extra $5 a week and slowly stock up!

I'll be damned, I remember you from the last SHTF thread. You're that one plum leaf

Bump

You can't eat it. And, the fuck are you gonna trade 100oz of silver for all at once in a SHTF scenario? Get some "junk" silver coins for barter.

Get friends and build a community.

Otherwise enjoy being dead and looted.

Cry more spergs.

Buy some activated carbon and keep it in an airtight container. It can be used to create a gas mask filter, treat alcohol poisoning, filter water, and it can be reused by heating it up.
Keep sodium hypochlorite crystals on you if you want to keep your water clean. Just a few crystals will be enough to purify any water you find.
If you have some skill in welding and live innawoods, you can build a distiller and distill off methanol from the wood. From there, you can mix the methanol with any oil (like olive oil) to create biofuel.

two separate chicken areas in case of disease. Not rare to lose an entire flock to Merriks once in a while.
I have two flocks about 200ft apart from each other, each with a roo for reproduction.

You the Nazi who wanted to keep black slaves?

No, we had a discussion on distilling spirits

Right I remember. We're still alive, but any day now.

Gold backed Yuan and the collapse of saudi oil petrodollar is right around the corner of early 2018.

or become a looter-killer

why your chickens are so frail and sick?

Chicken breeds bellow the 49th parallel are weaker and less hearty.

Goats eat scraps and provide milk in return

As long as no more cleaning my room

I’m in op

Pig also eat scraps and are great for eating in the winter. You literally feed them your garbage and they turn that into meat.

Not to mention boiled pork hocks are great food that can easily be preserved.

Buy only weapons and ammunition. Start training in the gym. Become a warlord when the SHTF. If you die don't worry, as long as you stay brave you'll go to Valhalla in the afterlife.

Those Christian extremist groups that believe the apocalypse is nigh (any day now right?) unironically have some of the better instructions for this kind of thing. You want large stockpiles of grains of pulses, plus preserved meats and fats. Fruit and veg is nice and all, but you can forage that in much of the U.S.

Enough to eat for one year + enough to plant after the former runs out.

The other, often overlooked thing, is fucking fuel for heating/cooking.

Fucking retarded.

You don't need to stockpile food. For starters you can't, because it rots, and if you're going to put in the time and effort to stop that then you'd be better served putting in the time and effort setting up farming operations instead.

You should stockpile MEDICINE, disinfectant, etc. etc. etc.

But you'll never have enough of that either.

The truth is you should look at how small pre-industrial villages worked in the 1100s. That's what you need to set up to "survive" a truly SHTF scenario. In every other situation your survival plan should be getting in your car and driving the fuck outta there and back to civilisation. Just like all the refugees Sup Forums likes to meme about have done.

You can get smaller breeds of beef cattle
Dexter ,Square Meater(used to be the original Murray Greys), and others. very easy calving and early breeders also stack on the beef well.

Mini-Jersey cow.
Jersey's give Massive amounts of milk

Ive got a deer rifle so im just gonna subside off my neighbors for a while

People think im kidding when i say shit like this

Do retarded NEET cityfags actually believe they will be able to run a farm because of a few maymays they saw on a Uzbekistani shoe repair board? You cunts probably think shits like Minecraft or harvest moon.
Toppest of keks, you will fail. This is coming from someone who has farmer family and worked on a farm as a kid.

I like how he mentions crop rotation. That shit's important.
Also be sure to check which plant hardiness zone you're in, it's going to determine when you can plant certain crops or not.

planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/
almanac.com/gardening/planting-dates/states

why are Americans obsessed with prepping?

you can drive to Walmart and buy a 100kg bag of rice and 100L of water

why would shit hit the fan in the USA before anywhere else, it is an agricultural, military & monetary superpower

logically you would have a huge heads up on any trouble on the horizon, instead of storing things which are going to perish and deteriorate.

One SHTF scenario is Yellowstone erupting, causing global cooling.
Growing food will be a miss/hit scenario in that case.
What about Looters? Getting Walmart stuff as soon as SHTF

rules. you can't do anything.

>why are Americans obsessed with prepping?
Imagine being told every day of your life that you're special - you're from the top tier lineage of frontier superpeople who did something nobody else in the world could have accomplished (despite everyone else in the world demonstrably having accomplished exactly the same thing). You grow up with this complex that you're special.

But then you become an adult and look around and - oh no - the average American is a giant fat sack of useless shit with a median net worth of $8. How can this be possible? Clearly it's not because this is what America has always been and all America is. No. America is special. America is great! They told you that, and you like to believe them. No, what's happened is that America is going downhill from what it used to be. Clearly. Obviously. Collapse must be just around the corner.

But you, you're special. You're a "real" American, not like the rest of those posers. When the collapse happens (and it will) you'll be ready!

This is the mind of the average prepper.

I once saw an article about a prepper who was ~$200kg and used a mobility scooter, and he genuinely thought he had any chance at all of surviving in SHTF. He didn't think his weight was a problem at all. This is how fucking deluded real Americans are.

We'll have plenty of warning before Yellowstone blows, which would give people enough time to stock up on food and supplies for the potential food shortages. The USGS monitors that place religiously and for good reason.
The only people who truly need to worry about Yellowstone are those in the Rockies and western part of the Midwest.

My dad and uncle are convinced of impending societal collapse and have been prepping for it for years. They bought a cabin up here in Montana about 10 years ago and have been stocking that place ever since. Weapons ,ammunition,freeze dryed foodstuffs, basic medicine etc etc. If you faggots live in or around a city or urban area you have problems. Thankfully i don't

i see you have had to much to think. some people just want a hobby.

Correct, not doubting prep time for Yellowstone, talking about weatehr change :)

>t. serial kiler

>My dad and uncle are convinced of impending societal collapse and have been prepping for it for years.

Why didn't they invest in US stocks when they were cheap by every objective measure, instead of playing in the woods.

Prepping is larping and not feeling fulfilled by the modern world. It's a desire for danger and adventure.

Ahahaha brilliant
Never change pol

Buy a gun, learn how to use it well.

Become friends with a prepper.

When shtf, go to preppers house and kill him.

You now have access to prepper supplies.

your just projecting destroyed house guy.

I agree that holding silver is a good investment with huge upside, but if shtf, not so great. You'll get robbed. People's will know that you have it, you'll sick out like a sore thumb if you try to barter with it. If money collapses, no one is going back to gold and silver coins. Jewellery actually would make more sense in that scenario.

>all those billionaires having houses in new zealand

australia will have the biggest wildfires ever set by abbos.

Seems like having a way to make oil would be even better, no? Cooking oil? How the fuck are you going to make that?

Yellowstone is a scary scenario to think about. A horde of hungry shitskins can be held off with a good defensible position but you can't defend against a super volcano. Hopefully being in the northwest area of secondary ash zone will help a bit if not my family is invading Canada

So you will go shitting in the woods when white become a minority? kek

This, going inna woods to a town off a huge river front, town is a peninsula with a pop of 400 people
Got nurses, eagles scouts, engineers, and plenty of people
Gonna make the first seasonal cycle off of fish, small game, and deer
Then by the next one veggies will be growing, too
Plenty of ground water for a well, since its off the river

You can also feed the liberal carcasses to pigs to hide evidence :)

Terrible advice. There's tons of foods you can store easily and extremely cheap for 25+ years, especially rice, beans, grains, corns, etc.

they aren't currently but they are born with several dormant risks. They are out in 4 degrees right now just fine.

>he thinks he's going to be storing a 25-year supply for 100 people

Soybeans
Rapeseed and Canola
Mustard
Camelina
Castor Bean
Safflower and Sunflower

remember how much warning there was for St Helens?

What good will US stocks be when and if it all falls apart? We're hick cattle ranchers not wall street traders. The place was actually first bought as a hunting cabin and it evolved from there. I too a nice 6x6 bull elk a half mile out the back door this fall .

Dont forget your katanas! It will be cold out there in the apocalypse!

I always wanted to start an enclave.Not some commune hippie bullshit.Maybe 10 to 15 families.Farm but also have a way to bring income to the enclave.Like a mini metal shop or something like that.Everyone will work and get paid from said shop the same as normal work goes.The profit form selling materials or finished product would be used to pay employees and a bit to the enclave fund.

Enclave fund would be used on enclave only resources or work needed.Like creating roads and such.I would like to wall off the entire enclave but it would take alot to do that.We would also form a militia and have a council to deal with the government or other settlements

Do any of you have more permaculture designs?

The only thing you really should be prepping for are your more mundane disasters: tornadoes, floods, severe storms, and food shortages from potential wars. If any serious SHTF scenario comes about and it's the end of civilization as we know it, you're better off putting a bullet in your head.

My bad for the name, not saged ofc.

go ahead and laugh.. being prepared works.
Look at Texas hurricanes, some people left several days before and others treaded water yelling for help. Which will you be?

youtube.com/watch?v=k5rDbr_0Ik8

M8 just get yourself a bunker and live Fallout irl

risingsbunkers.com/layouts-pricing-bunkers/xtreme-series-fallout-shelter-general/

Wow... a 'Murican suggesting crops for oil, and maize isn't mentioned.
Are you feeling well burger? Should I call doctor Brausebadsteinberg for you?
Bantz aside, good suggestions. For high yeld
Canola for colder climates
Sunflower for warmer

>you're better off putting a bullet in your head.

Nah, I thrive in absolute chaos.

A real shtf possebility might be another Carrington Event.
If such a solar storm hits the world today we're in for a total collapse of cities since they can't sutatin themselfs.
So make sure you have a destination outside of giant cities should you life in or near one.

Hello Cosmic EMP welcome to the new 18th century.

You could try enlightening people.

If you're that fat, as long as you can clean your water and you have multivitamins, you'll take way longer than most people to waste away and starve. Most peppers store their food in tins, bags etc; this dude is carrying his with him.

kek. I am the food stocks.

the type of prepping you are asking about is a meme. just get a glock, remington 870 with 18" and 28" barrel, and ar15. stock ammo as your budget allows. stock your pantry with bags of rice and beans and canned tuna and canned fruit to last 6 months and have 55 gallons of water on hand and a water purification/collection method to get more. always keep a spare jerrycan of 20 gallons of gas handy in the garage. keep car in good maintenance. get a crank lantern, a decent led flashlight that runs on AA, and stock a few batteries. have a bag with spare clothes and toiletries packed and phone charger etc packed, maybe some matches/lighter, some light ammo, etc, whatever you need to live for 3 days like food and a few bottles of water.

congrats you are now better off than 99% of the general populace and can survive most any realistic happening whether it be nogouts or natural disasters. thats just a general guideline which should get you started, have fun expanding on it. but dont get too autistic you can never prepare for everything and the problem with these type of preppers like you see on tv is they prep to the point of having a mental disease. they spend all their time prepping and none of their time living or enjoying their life in the present.

nothing wrong with having some information but be realistic about what you are prepping for and dont get so sucked into it that life passes you by

>rotate it out
Please don't fall for this meme, it normally stays edible for hundreds of years.
Canned food is not too healthy keep eating fresh food, canned food is the last resort emergency food.
Buy it and best case scenario is you get to sell it as antiques.

corn takes a lot of resources and energy, and it uses up a lot of nutrients from the soil that need to be replenished. id rather grow olive trees

Cringe

user is right. Farming (llike ranching) is something you are born into. There are skills and subtleties that are lost on most people especially city folk. How many people here have stuck their arm up a cows ass to help along a difficult birth or would be willing to do it the first place? Or have the personal fortitude to ride a fence line for 12 hours on horseback or atv checking barbwire on windy 12°f sunday ?

>>rotate it out
>Please don't fall for this meme, it normally stays edible for hundreds of years.
i have cans that have rusted through in just 5 or 6 years so no, you cant count on cans lasting a lifetime. rotation is a good practice and its cheap enough you may as well, plus it prepares you for the day you might actually have to eat them. it lets you experience and get accustomed to your diet and lets you know what works and what doesnt

Is canned mackerell healthy? caught in the North-Atlantic

t. poorfag

yes its actually healthier i believe, too much tuna (or any predator fish high up the chain) can increase your blood mercury levels. bait fish low on the food chain like mackerel have trace amounts of heavy metals compared to fish high up. mackerel has the same omega oils so you get the same fish oil benefits as well. honestly canned mackerel is more expensive where i live than canned tuna so thast why i suggested tuna, im surprised its cheaper for you

It's probably more expensive than canned tuna but I eat the mackerel instead because I need more calories, I'm very tall and pretty active so if I eat shit like tuna all day I become a skeleton. I will keep eating mackerel in tomato sauce

>Atlantic mackerel consist mostly of red meat with a strong taste desirable to some consumers. They are sold fresh, frozen, smoked, salted, filleted, or as steaks. The fish is extremely high in oil content, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, niacin,[9] and omega 3, a class of fatty acids, containing nearly twice as much of the latter per unit weight as salmon. Unlike the King and Spanish species, Northern Atlantic mackerel are very low in mercury, and can be eaten at least twice a week according to United States Environmental Protection Agency guidelines.[10][11]

it has more oils and fats than tuna i believe, it should help keep your calories up in your harsh nordic climate. id say the biggest mistake people in prepping make is not actually eating the food they are prepping with, so make sure you try and actually somewhat enjoy the food you get. imagine being in an actual stressful situation after a disaster, it probably wont be good for your morale if you are forcing yourself to eat something you hate day after day

what i mean is, before you stock up on hundreds of cans or pounds of something, make sure you do some test runs and practice eating meals with it for a few days. and try to add a little variety or something, dont just store a 6 month supply of the same meal. you wouldnt want to eat the same food 3 times a day for 6 months now, why would you when life is hard?

I need some prepping advice.

What's the best way to prep two African bulls before my wife gets home from work?

>I think I am a badass.
You aren't.
Seriously, unless you are combat veteran you are going to get merc'd so fast you won't even be able to charge your shitty little bushmaster.

You want a large farm and a large family and close neighbors with rifles to defend. You win SHTF with a large armed tribe.

True that.
The best thing to have when SHTF is a skill. Can your farm, weld, build anything? Your skills are more valuable than anything.

Thanks man. I'm not really prepping I'm just poor. If SHTF I would probably die due to my high caloric needs. Feels bad man. At least I know how to hunt

I love these thread. Bump.
As soon as I've worked for a few years and have the money, I'll invest in having an emergence store of, salt, canned food, rice, tobacco, seeds, tools, alcohol, weapons (you can get a medium-quality mauser 95 for ~$100) at my summer home. Already have a bug out bag for getting there.
Also I'm currently studying medicine, which would be useful in case of societal collapse.

I'm sitting on 4 months of food
and i'm hoarding salt sugar honey booze Toilet Paper and cigarettes for trade and personal use

am i set?

>Also I'm currently studying medicine
Lycka till user, det verkar svårt

is $100 the going rate for swedish mausers? the m96 you mean? they go for like $300-$500 here, some models fetch $1000+

Killing your ally is the stupidest choice. The prepped has a dozen armed men who will be joining him shortly.

yeah sounds good, how do you store your cigarettes?

This "cow" is an abomination and insult to God.

>Implying the government will warn you prior due to the mass panic it would cause

>lmao bro just shut yourself in all by yourself until you kill yourself from loneliness

>it seems hard
eh, as long as you stay disciplined and pay attention it's alright

yep, meant the m/96. Depending on quality the go from anywhere between $60 and $180

They do this in Israel, it's called a Kibbutz..

Don't just buy weapons in one caliber of ammunition. Diversify! You never know how long the situation might last, and might need to scavenge for ammunition. Having multiple weapons, which use different ammunition, greatly improves your odds of finding needed ammunition should you run out.

,also don't be against .22 caliber. Yes it's not an effective round for combat, but it's often sold in "bricks" making it a very plentiful round, which can in a pinch be used in self defense, but is almost always perfect for small game hunting.

Can anyone of you point to how to do this in a mountainous area?