How exactly isn't this Orwellian?

What is with that kids noggin?!

You're right, the Washington Post in an Orwellian institution of the establishment.

Makes them not use those buzzwords for one and actually explain themselves a bit better.
For example, 'science-based" is so vague it could represent one small study just as easily as a large, long running one.

>tfw you only get your information from tweets

>CDC
>barred from using "evidence-based" in any of their official documents

Ready for Ebola II: Electric Boogaloo, America?

Banning words is definitely Orwellian, there is no sense in equivocating about this.

That being said the Left have not even a putrefied stump of a leg to stand on when it comes to Orwellian behavior, and the very words in question here are a part of their totalitarian program of brainwashing the public.

So while it's a wrong move, and indefensible, I'm not exactly sympathizing with the people crying about this.

Can people like you actually exist? How do you go about your day with an IQ equivalent to some kiwis

This just means they have to actually show evidence, instead of saying "there's evidence"

anything right wing people do is ok though

What words did Obama ban?

Government language guides aren’t new. Governments are Orwellian. If you don’t like it don’t work for them.

Wrong, banning vague words and political terminology for the FUCKING CDC is perfectly acceptable.

Because they're words used to pass agendas by making people feel bad, and not necessarily stating facts.

the only word that is acceptable is fetus

ayy lmao

>Cracking down on sjw newspeak is now "Orwellian".
JHC do you have no shred of self-awareness left?

So, why is there a picture of a deformed nog there? What does that have to do with anything?

Why is the title picture a disgusting little mud tard?

>(((tiny elite))) keeps grabbing more and more power
>totalitarian censorship is being normalized in western countries
kaczynski was right, wasnt he?

"Evidence-based" is a term commonly used in medicine with zero political connotations. Why would the government not want the CDC to use it?

Its a Hillary supporter.

Obama is totally irrelevant and powerless, the Left have banned not just a multitude of words but an entire way of thinking and multiple fields of science. By banned I mean 'you will be fired, ostracized, and have your future ruined for saying them'. Although if you really want to be arrested you can go to a country with hate speech laws or holocaust denial laws.

The Left have had a stranglehold on the universities, the media, the public education system, State department, and the entire extended apparatus of international activism, for over a century now, and they have carefully curated reality, mostly by omission but occasionally by outright lying, in a way that far surpasses even the brainwashing that priests used to engage in.

See Lippman, Dewey, Chomsky(just apply everything he says to him), and Moldbug

>Doctor Brian says that he has a new drug that has "Evidence" for making your hair grow longer.
>Doctor Brian doesn't realise the drug he is using is from a pharma company that paid for the study
>You now lose your cock because of a weird side effect and grow hair at extreme amounts in between your ass crack.
>Thanks Evidence-Based

Obviously that is a vulnerable transgender fetus suffering from evidence-based diversity that requires science-based entitlement.

Because any asshole with a PhD knows what a synonym is and knows that, in biology, theres a million different words for the same goddamn thing. Seven words? Try harder next time

Microcephaly, literally small head disorder. It's a side effect of the zika virus when contracted by a mother during pregnancy. It affects the fetus.

They already had to do that you absolute mongrels.

It's the statement, not the effect, in my opinion.

Holy shit, I laughed out loud at your post. That patriot truly became immortal.

What the fuck is this mutant? Gross.

>Islamic terrorism
>Patriotism

>wapo
>buzzword*BUZZWORD*buzzword
>shaving monkey meme
best of twitter 2017 right there

Its the 5% face

Maybe because those words have limited if any medical use outside of using the medical field to lend credibility to propaganda.

>This just means they have to actually show evidence, instead of saying "there's evidence"
You are literally retarded.

>not use those buzzwords for one and actually explain themselves a bit better.

We're talking about Trump.

> muh Jewish propaganda words

>1 post by this ID

Mods are paid shills to let threads like this slide

LOL.

Actual real Orwellian propaganda words banned, somehow the banning is Orwellian.

Right, chief.

That's some next stage retardness. Why would science-based or evidence-based be a bad thing? I want my pills to be science-based and evidence-based, so i don't die eating them.

ummmm actually sweetie it's orwellian to not trust our leaders, kthx

Uncle Ted was right about everything.

almost forgot to take mine, thanks user.
really. Thanks.

Underrated.

It's diver.. transgen.. no, it's a fetu.. hmm.. okay, it's definitely vulnerab.. fine, it's retarded.

Wouldn't you also want an actual explanation as to why and how they work instead of a vague reassurance?
>it's science and evidence based, bro. Of course it's effective.

Uhhh, why don't you trust the government? Didn't you read 1984 like Hillary, sweetie?

not an argument

Trump isn't writing policy that gets pushed out to the whole fucking medical world now is he?

I can't believe how lacking in empathy some of you are.

Wh should I care leftyfag?

I know you probably dropped out in 10th grade, but there's a reason people say "citation needed."

So he didn't ban any then.

>totalitarian program of brainwashing the public.
tips tinfoil

I think you've pretty much nailed it for once

He's not banning these words, he's not allowing them to be used in a context where they have been commonly used to obfuscate and manipulate and is thus demanding more clarity
a smart move by our god emperor

>propaganda doesn't exist
spotted the brainlet

Because it's okay when rightists do it.

>LEFTISTS HATE FREE SPEECH!!
>*bans words*

Test

What are synonyms?

>impotent
>prerogative
>assortment
>retard
>embryonic
>strongly-suggested
>conjectures

Those articles are just made to scare retards.

"science-based" and "evidence-based" are weasel terms to get around proof.
We don't know everything about how the brain functions, but using a science-based approach, we can say that transgender kids might have something different in their brain, therefore, they should be allowed to go on HRT.

>you can't say she/he - respect my new invented binary gender!
>it's no longer 'colored people' it's 'people of color'
>don't call me a woman, I'm a womyn
>they're not retards they're developmentally disabled
>they're not disabled they're differently abled
Hey, could you stop using fuck-tarded buzzwords that don't mean shit in your government reports?
>OMG ORWELLIAN!

The fucking hypocrisy is stunning here.

We know HRT works, which is why they have tits and feminine bodies. If it's not science-based then you might ask for painkillers and you end up getting HRT Instead. Always test it with science and evidence, don't trust your local capitalist's word. So then what's wrong with word fetus?

Sounds good to me. Marxist buzzwords need to be physically removed. Once they learn their lesson and stop we can go back to being principled, but there's no point in not fighting in a war that's already being waged. They censor us left and right, it's time to fight back.

>strongly-suggested
Disagree.
"Brain scans show that people who are diagnosed with psychological trauma have higher activity in their brains than those who do not have any diagnosed trauma. Transgender adults who went through puberty show this higher activity and have higher rates of diagnoses. Therefore, using an evidence-based approach, we should put transgender kids on puberty blockers."

>prohibiting
you mean stopping the use of the "non words" words that leftists prefer? funny how wapo was crying when obama removed the words radical muslums and islam from the procedures to fight terrorism.

wow my mind is blown, would this thing in the pic actually work? why not?

"countering violent extremism" he set up a whole panel of people to retweak was was a working profile on terrorism and changed it to that cve leftist speak and removed the words islamic terrorism and refused to identify motives of the terrorists

Since millennials and other liberals aren't capable of writing something technical without injecting their feelings through politically-charged terms, guidance is needed in the form of discouraging the most common offenders in official government documents. You can argue that the guidance itself is also politically charged in this case, but the practice is not uncommon at all in businesses or any organization where individuals are speaking for the whole and not just themselves.

>So then what's wrong with word fetus?
This is the most suspect word on the list. I would guess it has to do with the CDC's mission being Disease Control and not pre-natal development, and they want the CDC to use the word baby or developing human or something.
Instead of "The fetus has Zika", it would be "The unborn baby has Zika."

The CDC is he government. These words can still be used by everyone else okay? All right guys? Jesus.

Is there any proof that this is real?

>preventing the CDC from spreading propaganda is Orwellian

wew

All I see is a ban on hard to define slippery and loaded terminology. Makes a lot of sense to anyone who understands how law works.

google "tu quoque" for starters

And plenty already exist, again if you understand Law that should be pretty obvious. This is just a ban on loaded terminology designed to make the wording more precise for legal clarity. Not a ban on discussing these ideas or topics.

Fetus isn't a baby. You can't change word because of personal sentiment. Nobody is aborting babies. If anything, science rescues babies, since if baby is prematurely born and is physically still a fetus then science can rescue it.

WINNING

#MAGA

CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT EH LIBKEKS

Why would it be Orwellian for a government to order one of it's agencies to stop using buzzwords?

islamic terrorism
oriental
negro

I could make some snarky comment about how you're in no position to call anything orwellian, but instead, Ima speak clear words.

TASTE
OF
YOUR
OWN
MEDICINE

Trump was only one step of shifting the overton window to the right. In 2024 if not before, prepare for the following
> CDC and similar institutions can no loner use the following words whether in discussions of reports, or in the reports themselves
> racist
> sexist
> homphobic
> transphobic
> islamophobic
> person of color
> person of colour
> undocumented immigrant
> marginalized
> oppression
> uneducated

Next step is shutting it down when you use those words on websites. The more well-meaning people seep into tech giants, the more you'll see this censorship machinery turned against you. And it's your own fault. You could have simply not allowed for any censorship.

>Fetus isn't a baby.
Like I said, this is the most suspect word on the list. It seems the most political.
From Wikipedia:
> The use of the term "fetus" generally implies that an embryo has developed to the point of being recognizable as a human
This is probably the argument Trump is using.

>hello fellow white goyim
>don't you think that banning 1984 Newspeak makes us just as bad as them?

>Banning ambiguous words and phrases (often exploited by the left, btw) from official documents
What's the big deal?

Fetus can't survive outside mommy, it's part of mommy. The only way fetus can survive outside of mommy is with science. So there goes your anti-science argument. Abortion is wrong, but so is capitalism that allows poverty and non-educated easy pray consumers to exist who purchase alcohol, party food and so on which causes them to have sex which results in unwanted birth. You can't ban abortion in freedom land, then you also have to ban freedom. You either have freedom with irresponsible individuals who fuck around or you don't have freedom and ban such behavior.

He's undoing the Orwellian new speak from the previous administrations.

yeah because having to report the actual evidence instead of referring to circle jerk papers from liberal academia will certainly cause a catastrophe as real science makes a come back

>yeah because having to report the actual evidence

That's what "evidence-based" means. In medicine it refers to practices, diagnostic tests, treatments, etc. based on evidence (i.e. robust, well-designed peer-reviewed studies) in order for medical professionals to make more objective and streamlined decisions.

Banning that word is like banning the word "border" or "boundary" from any official immigration documents. It's pointless and only means they will have to use some long-winded phrase or a less commonly used term that isn't in the literature in order to express the same idea. In the immigration example, they would have to come up with silly phrases like "demarcation line separating the US and Mexico" instead of "US-Mexico border" and what not.

Fake Words

You can't seriously think that isn't accurate?
If you do what the fuck are you doing here?

GOOD!

Fuck their feelings based garbage they try to shove in everything.

Orwellian is using those words to be being with.

He's destroying Newspeak you faggot

Islamic terrorism, ISIS, drone strikes illegal immigrant, etc.

Thank you, I am already getting this shit post from my senpai. You nailed it.

All of those terms are already used primarily in Orwellian fashion so it seems like a wash desu

What nobody here has bothered to ask. Why are these words banned?

I dunno senpai, were they allowed to use the word "niggers" in official paperwork before?

all the words banned from reports were used to shift to the left

having them abandon those terms and have them be precise is a win

fact-based
evidence-based

are meaningless buzzwords meant to imply authority

>Ban some usless empty words
>DUDE SO ORWELL GODDAMN NIGGA

Brainlets need the rope