What Nietzche actually said:

What Nietzche actually said:
>"God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?"

What atheists hear
>"God is ded."

Why atheists are retarded?

He's basically calls for optimistic nihilism.

>God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.

It's just more hubris masquerading as self-aware humility. He treats it like revelation, like one big humblebrag.
>Woe is me I killed God oops guess I'm stronger than I thought
>Better become the ubermensch to improve on it.
What's saddest about nietzsche is that he looked his whole life for something to believe in and in the end he didn't find it. He just knew that it had to be found and tried to tell the world.

>god is dead
>says every depressed beta nihilist

Christianity is the chad belief

Naval gazing philosophies is literally pic related

Friedrich Nietzsche hated nihilism he saw it as a mind virus that needed to be cured idk why people keep associating him with nihilism. It's just as stupid as associating Hitler with gay rights.

>nihilism is coming
>ok let's convince people god is real
>no he's dead we need to make meaning out of nothing instead!!!!

ok

Hitler was gay though...

Just cause you say you hate something doesn't mean it's true man. Best case is he was genuine about wanting to find god again but failed. Shouldn't have been so damn proud of that then. He loved his intelligence.

What is your goal in life? What is your mission? Bet you're an unhealthy overweight bitter lonely faggot

> god is the only thing that gives life meaning.

Also its stupid for you to assume just because he lamented over "god being dead" (not of use anymore) means he liked the idea of god at all.

He became a cult figure and a archetype that people cling to. But the fact is he was a hard core atheist and made the argument in that same book your quoting that gods dead and you can be your own god.

I seriously suggest all you intellectual inclined teenagers actually read his shit. Its actually really motivating and great to read even if your not a atheist. Nietzsche is a bad ass and its super annoying to see people be willing ignorant about his ACTUAL veiws.

Although it is a excellent shit test; to see pseudo-Intellectual unknowingly out themselves on the internet.

That would be nietzsche and the people who think he's jesus.
>tfw too intelligent and rational to be happy.

You have no idea what the fuck you’re talking about. He despised nihilism as weak and argued for an individualism that instilled the best of western values in a person without the need to appeal to a divine character (which society had effectively killed off at this point).
Go back and read Beyond Good and Evil.

HE'S SURELY ALIVE HE'S LIVING ON THE INSIDE ROARING LIKE A LION

He's like Dawkins. If he lived to see the tippers he created he'd say "what have I done"

He wanted to create thinkers but ironically made blind followers like religion did.

>We cannot invent anything to give ourselves meaning, so we must invent a God to give our lives meaning

user...

>Not reading superior good ol' based Schopenhauer who would've laughed at Nietzsches crazy, jew loving philosophy.

Stay philosophical plebs.

Fuck this guilt-ridden semitism, fuck Nietsje and fuck you for bringing it up. Fuck off and die.

>What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent?

INTERRACIAL BREEDING GROUNDS

Jokes aside, that's the answer to his question.

Nope, you're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. That "individualism of the ubermensch" is precisely the nihilistic self-centered attitude that destroys people. It's why you're so aggressive when someone suggests you can't be moral without god. Shouldn't an individualist not care what others think? Or are those "best of western values" products of pure reason again?

Nietzsche hated Christianity for being weak and supported manu's caste system. He was against exploitation of lowercastes but still favoured the caste system and viewed it as a superior breeding system compared to weak tamer Christian system.

It only destroys weak people, and Nietzsche didn't care about them. His interest was in giving great men freedom, which includes freedom from truth. He did not care that it made lesser people feel insecure about their position in the world.

The problem is he still worships the light of reason bringing sanity (and freedom) to a world of stupidity and darkness, but then pretends he is actually powerless to stop it and it's his ruthless intellect that makes him do it. This is hubris in undiluted form, regardless of what theories he actually came up with. I would imagine you consider yourself to also be one of those "strong" enough to handle the truth right? Nietzsche was much more concerned with the well-being of people than the goddamn fedora tippers like yourself who took his work and started raving about being your own master.

I have no idea who this mustached fuck is but i still don't believe in your stupid fucking sky daddy

Also if you are interested in nihilism check out Kierkegaard. He was a actual nihilist but I don't know if he ever used the term optimistic nihilism. He was well known for being very funny and nice so maybe. Idk

>The problem is he still worships the light of reason bringing sanity (and freedom) to a world of stupidity and darkness, but then pretends he is actually powerless to stop it and it's his ruthless intellect that makes him do it.
Not really, Nietzsche wrote that he would've been fine with Christianity despite it being wrong, but he disliked it because it worships weakness.

>I would imagine you consider yourself to also be one of those "strong" enough to handle the truth right?
Not really. I'd be better off Christian.

>Nietzsche was much more concerned with the well-being of people than the goddamn fedora tippers like yourself who took his work and started raving about being your own master.
Well-being in what sense? Nietzsche thought that there are better things to do than feeling well. Nietzsche worshipped art and high culture.

pathetic beta christcucks. Your Rabbi god killed faith when it comes down to it because the mythology is foriegn and stupid as fuck. Worshiping a Rabbi as god, comeonnow.jpg

>that translation
"last man" anons should leave Sup Forums and never come back, or at least not post.

>jew loving
Fuck off kike

>INTERRACIAL BREEDING GROUNDS
He called it a barbarian invasion that would kill off the last man (soy boys).

Interesting points. I will have to think on that. Thanks toothpaste bro.

Too self-assured for my taste (the irony), good luck with another poster.

For me the starting point is: what do people do for and with power? Nietzsche knows this and says at the start of beyond good and evil about philosophy that
>It always creates the world in its own image; it cannot do otherwise; philosophy is this tyrannical impulse itself, the most spiritual Will to Power, the will to "creation of the world," the will to the causa prima.
and later even chastises schopenhauer for taking its existence for granted (as he does). I think he's eventually himself forced to conclude that there is still no way out for anyone except to make their own values, since that is the part which falls under the "will", but at the same time everything servile is "slave-morality" and evil. Anyway his followers are mostly in love with their capital R Rationality and don't listen to him on this point. It's always so ironic that the people whose theories are so full of doubt end up being believed by those who consider those same theories to be the final word.

>Why atheists are retarded?
Because modern atheism stems largely from marxist and post-marxist tradition and not from actual philosophical thought

>nihilism
>1 post by this ID

> He despised nihilism as weak

Not necessarily. Nietzsche makes a distinction beetween a reactive nihilism (St Paul), a passive nihilism (Jesus) and an active one (force's nihilism, describing forces relationships beetween a active and a reactive will of power).

Beyond good and evil does not mean "beyond good and harmful". Nietzsche described himself like a nihilist before having the Eternal Return as the ultimate values transvaluation.

Before having the ideal of the Eternal Return*