twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no he was literally the least bad

I think he was a hero.

he was LeDouche

in some moments he was evil as fuck but after all he still was an hero

do you mean LaBouche?
youtube.com/watch?v=_Ka01Y_pYgM

He was chaotic neutral

Yes. He was very evil. It's just a matter of him being less evil than most of the other assholes around him.

This basically. At best, he could be considered an anti-hero.

He sacrificed himself for our sins

Nah he was just spooked

What bad things did Lelouch do that people don't constantly do in war?

>got civilians killed
Happens in every war. Collateral damage.

>tricked and used his underlings; got them killed and considered them replaceable
Happens in every war. They're called "grunts" for a reason.

>destroyed civilian structures
Domestic terrorism is the only valid way to fight an invading army.

>betrayed people he had made alliances with, like the JLF
Cutting off allies who don't share your goals is a perfectly valid strategy during war. Blowing them up yourself is a bit unorthodox, but still.

>took away people's free will
As a matter of winning against an implacable foe. Even Lincoln suspended habeas corpus during wartime.

He was evil imo.
He killed and ruined many people's life for the sake of his revenge.
He was willing to be a warlock for CC anyways.

he changed the world and sacrificed his whole life all for his sister, best onii-chan in the world.

Do you say it like Lel Ouch or Leluck or leluch

lel oosh

Well I think part of the moral of the story is that "good" and "evil" aren't that easy to define.

le loosh

fuck you, I emphasize the first syllable. LEL-oosh not LAY-loosh

luh loosh

RURUUSHU

He is a hero

Dorito face

Lelouch has to be one the most inconsistently designed character ever. in one scene he's a 16 year old shoujo managa love interest pretty boy. another scene he looks like he aged 5 years

You, I like you

ARU HARU REROOCH

No. He did it all for his little sister.

A "For the Greater Good" kind of person, but we only see the situation from Lelouch's stand point and we obviously know that's biased due to his hatred for his father in what he did to his mother.

We have no idea how the Empire functions outside of Japan and it's strictly a family affair.

Considering none of the royal family or generals have any problem slaughtering civilians, we can make an educated guess.

Again, we only know the situation in Japan, and if memory serves me right the Japanese region of the empire was on some sort of punishment for an earlier rebellion or not going easily into the empire into something.

With an active terrorist cell that only grows with the day, you can imagine people wouldn't care much about the local population and only solving the problem, as we (Americans) do with countries we occupy.

I'm not trying to justify it, but we're given very little information on Britannia proper.

less evil than Yagami Light

Setting the bar pretty low.

His personality was, but no his intentions we're good.

No, he was just stupid and put up a villain act to atone for his stupidity.

In idea, yes. Lelouch's actions has led higher amount of people to death, though, so I'd say Light was preferable to him.

You have to understand that he still a kid and it shows in the anime. How egotistical he was and how he thought his plans are flawless even when shit happens.

He is either a hero or villain, depending on if you follow his philosophy or not.

He was Chotic Good at first, then became Lawful Good

They both had the same final goal, make the world a better place

NANI MAH HANI

kinda

fuck, I have the same one... and I am an artist too... and I didn't got my architecture entry exams

should I off myself before I become the next hittler?

No! We need at least 5 more Hitlers to achieve singularity!

Sure, what could go wrong?

mah nigga

Well, I'd still say Lelouch was less evil than Light because he never lost sight of his goals, nor did he go mad with power like Light did. Lelouch just had a goal that he was willing to pay a pretty hefty price for, morals be damned. Hell, at the end of the series he was willing to sacrifice anybody, including Nunally, in order to bring about the peaceful world. And, unlike Light, he was never under any delusions about what he was doing, he knew that he was doing evil, but he was doing evil to remove evil, and then he removed himself.

I agree on that Lelouch was less evil than Light, but his solution to Britannia's actions and the way he was trying to create world peace was less realistic compared to Light. People will value the stability and relish the peace arising from the death of a dictator, but it won't last too long and system will slowly corrupt. Removing all the evil from world, including himself, won't avert the fact someone evil is going to born eventually.

Kallen talks about all of this in the last episode anyway, so it's not like Lelouch didn't know this was going to happen and was content with the current result. I just think Light's approach would cause a better outcome.