So as a kid I used to love Slayers. Some years later, I saw Slayers, Next and Tri...

So as a kid I used to love Slayers. Some years later, I saw Slayers, Next and Tri. And I was kind of confused with everything.

After a little research, I discovered there's novels and a shitton of shit like that. So, any Slayers proh can give me an advice of what to read, or watch, and the order?

I kind of love the universe, and want to know it all.

If I can recall the light novels actually do their own thing at some point. But they were the main thing before it became a show, so no harm in seeking them out. Try the mangas as well.

Did anyone like the Naga/Lina pairing more than Gourry/Zelgadis/Amelia?

Yeah, the Light Novels diverge after Volume 8, which is the end of Slayers Next. Zel and Amelia never show up after that, with new characters taking their place. The LNs are a revolving door with Lina and Gourry the only constants.

Remember when this artstyle used to be hot?

>used to

user pls

>Zel and Amelia never show up after that
That's disappointing. Those two were my favorite characters.

Specially Zel. Rad as fuck for my kid me.

Just don't read the original novel Slayers spawned from, that thing is absolutely hands down one of the worst things I've ever read.

The LNs and Mangas that came from it are good though. Quite a bit of the mangas are self contained, and I believe Super Explosive Demon Story is the only one to be totally based off of the main story the anime follows up through the end of Next - it does change up the story and characters some so if you know just the anime you'll get something diffrent than what you might expect.

Also the mangas for Revolution/Evolution-R are pretty much required reading as those are less of a clusterfuck in terms of story telling than the anime was, especially when the manga makes the whole "Flashback" that happens with one of the antagonists comprehendable as opposed to the anime being like "This is only a shoutout to the manga readers".

Hourglass of Falces will confuse you some if you don't follow the LNs as it uses the characters who join the group later in those that are never shown in the anime.

So I should read ALL of the manga and then rewatch the anime?

You might as well binge out reading and watching everything. Taking in all that the series has to offer.

Only for Revolution/Evolution-R, Super Explosive Demon Story is diffrent enough that it's pretty much an alternative telling of Slayers + Next.

Your free to seek out and read pretty much anything else in any order you want.

There's also the movies with Naga, which was prequels to the anime, iirc

*were
fuck

naga is best

Not moe enough for you?

Lina is moe before moe, get off your high horse.

Maaaan, I couldn't stand this nigger. He felt like one of those bull-shit DMPC's you always read about through-and-through.

No shit, he was a hands down /tg/ meme for goddamn forever before /tg/ stopped having fun with anything. Xellos is goddamn obvious for what he is that people who never played a tabletop RPG can recognize what he is.

This

She was my childhood waifu

It's still great.

he was the absolute top don in the series

Lina is still hot and she has a respectable bust.

It was the 90s, anything less than DD was flat.

Read the main LN series

Read special if you know nip.

Watch the whole TV series and the OVAs/Movies by release order.

Read Aqualord. Falces, Medieval Mayhem, and Super Explosive Demon Story, Light are all pretty optional. Though Falces does take place later in the LN continuity.

Play the SNES game if you want, it is the only iteration that has a conclusive ending IMO.

Even up to volume 8 things are pretty different. Volume 5 and 6 weren't really covered at all.

Aqualord was straight up Kanzaka baiting for another Slayers game, unfortunately no game came to be and the plot isn't tied up in it, it's like part one of a two part arc where they introduce yet another demon lord and them plotting something but we never see it come to completion.

It was a fun read and all, but I'm still put off by it wrapping up with loose threads calling out to something we'll never have.

Which of the manga and LNs besides vols. 1-8 include Amelia and Zel?

>it's like part one of a two part arc where they introduce yet another demon lord and them plotting something but we never see it come to completion.
Yeah, it was really fucking dissapointing that they never got to fight dolph. They fight the other 4 in various media, but they just tease her at the end and never follow up. It sucks, but it was a fun ride regardless.

>tfw no animated Lantz, Rod, Luke or Milinia
>we got evolution instead

Aqualord has Amelia, Super Explosive Demon Story and Falces have both.

Don't forget Memphis.
I feel like they intentionally made Evo how it was in order to thoroughly dissapoint people and make them read the LNs to really see how the story was supposed to go. That is the effect it had on me at least.

They show up in Slayers Gaiden, but are otherwise absent from Slayers Special.

elves are gay desu
The most heartbreaking thing about evolution was hearing the age in the actors' voices

I thought that Lina herself came out fine. What was fucked up was Phil. I thought that they had recast him for a while.

Megumi is always good but you can tell she was slipping in acting a 17 year old Lina
The movies and OVA were kino

I thought the chemistry between Naga and Lina was pretty funny. Apparently they both grow old together, reminiscing about time past.

How come they never added her into the main cast of people?

It would have defeated the point of her character. Thankfully she appears in more volumes than the other party members.

She was only ever mentioned as a sorceress Lina travelled with before meeting gourry in the lns, the true man cast was only gourry and Lina with some side characters with convergent interests.
The real reason is Kanzaka wouldn't actually know how to write it

What's Kanzaka working on nowadays, I'm not seeing any current info after he put the slayer LNs on hiatus in 2011.

Idolm@ster

Last Slayers related stuff I read was a manga where Amelia was wearing a miniskirt instead of her usual outfit.

There was a ton of pantyshots/fanservice.

Noice

That one was echhi sketchy, but I liked the art a lot. Better than Ootsuka's adaptions IMO.

Is there constant art shifts in the manga?

I dunno, maybe from the beginning? Production order, retard. Always.

Two of those characters meet a horrible horrible end. Here's a hint, it's not any of the original four

What a surprise, I know.

Xellos/Filia was my OTP.

Lina is perfect in every way

Naw nigga

What is the context of this image?