Which anime has disappointed you the most?

It doesn't have to be the most shit anime you've seen, notice. Of all the anime you were the most hype to see, which let you down the greatest?

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/1818/Claymore/userrecs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pic very related

This

Runner up would have to go to Gakkou Gurashi

Owari no Seraph. Went in expecting Castlevania anime left dissapointed.

This

Flip Flappers
Mob Psycho
Kill la Kill
Zankyou no Terror

Netflix has an animated Castlevania series in the works, so there may still be hope.

Hunter x Hunter
Kiznaiver
Steins;Gate
Hibike
Unlimited Blade Works

not if the interviews aren't full of shit

I was young and less cynical.

"By the author of LoGH"

Death Note
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Oreimo
Oregairu

well I mean those ones have shitty endings

Fate/stay night: UBW. It was so bad. I still hate it to this day.

And jojo part 3 was a letdown. such a long wait for a disappointing final battle. The ova was so much better.

Re: Zero

I though it would get better, nope. Just trash

This. Didn't care about any of the characters, lame action, shit animation. Poor man's Black Lagoon.

Caanan

Claymore was so fucking good.

What are the chances of second season?

Never.

white lagoon lol

Similar anime to Claymore? Excluding Berserker

myanimelist.net/anime/1818/Claymore/userrecs

Depends how you mean - the one that most completely failed to meet expectations, or the one that came the closest to living up to them and thus hurt the most when it fucked up? The former would be Eden of the East, which sounded so promising and had a good first episode but then sucked all-around straight through the end with basically no redeeming features - it was just a terrible show that I was once interested in. The latter would be Xam'd, which was fucking great for the first half or more, and then fucked up hard in the last ~third (but you could still see how that part could have been great if done properly) - I don't even know how I'd judge it overall, but it sure as fuck should have been much better, and it makes me sad.

Nisekoi. I did expect nothing and was still disappointed

Jojo part 3
Cowboy Bebop
Initial D stage 2 and up

I wasn't expecting it to be as good as the VNs, seeing as it was a spinoff and all, but Mop Rub Tortilla Chips managed to set the bar lower every episode.

OP definitely. I love the girls in claymore and I just want something to happen most of the time and the end is anticlimactic

Jokers Game
Zankyou no Terror
Sangatsu no Lion

Little Witches Academia.
The quality is bad, the translation is horrid, all characters sound annoying and the story feels empty.
The stalker sales also reflect that the Japanese don't hold this anime in high regards either.

Not anime but the final chapter of Gantz was so bad that I'm still mad to this day
It could have been A LOT better

Flip Flappers
Kill la Kill
K-ON!
Cowboy Bebop

Akame ga Kill!
Shisha no Teikoku
Rokka no Yuusha
Psycho-Pass 2
MadokaMagica Movie 3
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

This, but with Negima. I don't care that there's a sequel, I'm not giving the author any more of my time.

Gunbuster, nobody told me it was EVA 0.1

yup

Evangelion

I held off watching it for so long because I heard it was the "holy grail" and I wanted to save it until I was old enough to understand it all. Pic related is me after watching it.

>Unlimited Blade Works
fugging toppest of kek. The irony here is that their strategy was to stick to the VN as faithfully as possible, and it sucked kekekekeke

>Mob Psycho
Why is that?
Do you read the anime and just not like the anime adaptation?
Or do you just not like both of them?

shit, i meant to say, do you read the manga and just not like the anime adaptation. sorry

I went in expecting a stoic, grimdark medieval fantasy seinen featuring a heartwarming /ss/ plot. Instead I got endless battle shounen. I don't think another anime will ever be able to disappoint me that much again. My trust has been so thoroughly broken. Is there anything else in the world that can look so good but be so shit?

seiren didn't expect much and what i got was utter shite

Flip Flappers
K-on
Watamote
Kill la Kill
Bebop
Berserk
NGE
Etc

Some were adaptations that didn't meet the standards of the original, others didn't meet the expectations people gave me, others didn't meet my own expectations.

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. The first few episodes were pretty amazing and then I couldn't even finish it because it turned to shit really fast. Never seen a show go downhill so quickly from 10/10 to cringe fest. Also last few episodes of Flip Flappers, extremely disappointing.

Imo the first episode was promising, if you were optimistic. But by episode three I was 100% certain it was going to be shit. Dropped it and haven't looked back. Great animation budget though. Shame about the shit writing.

So it worked

If the plan was to build something up then completely lose it right towards the end and leave me in disappointment questioning why I didn't just drop it as soon as it turned to shit instead of wasting two hours of my life forcing myself to finish it for closure then yeah, you could say it worked.

personally, I thought K-on and Bepop were fantastic, even with all the hype.

Id say capellion
Looking at pv i hoped to get some stalkeresque journey into the mysterious radioactive wastelands
But damn was it bad

literally the worst taste

what is "/ss/ plot"

ITT: Bad taste

I didn't expect anything of root a so I can't really say I was disappointed.

This had a really good first 3 episodes and then everything turns to shit.

i agree with this

Why?

I didn't go into it expecting F/Z, and the mid series definitely slowed down in a major way, but I felt the conclusion of the initially established arcs was redeeming enough to make the series worthwhile. I was really close to dropping it for a couple episodes though.

Give me something first, or just lurk more

while on paper is fulfils everything i was expecting i found it extremely boring. it couldn't even hold my attention long enough to finish it.

>Rokka no Yuusha

Almost forgot this existed.

Flip Flappers
Kill la Kill
Prison School (given by how great the manga is)
Durarara
Re: Zero
Nisekoi

I wasn't expecting much but there has to be a reason why so many people are gushing over them.

I don't remember exactly, but recently the ones that have disappointed me are:
>The Devil is a Part-Timer. I wanted more comedy, less action that doesn't makes sense. The devil is so evil, he has killed thousands! But look he is such a good MgDonalds employer!
>Ajin. Kind of, at times the series feels too edgy. Maybe it's because it feels like a Holywood movie. The government is evil! They use these poor bastards to experiment on for evilz and money!

Aquarion EVOL.

I just wanted claire to actually get revenge. The ending to this anime disappointed me more than the ending to any other, save k which was about the same.

>I wanted more comedy, less action that doesn't makes sense.
I never watched past like the second episode of that. I assumed it was mostly comedy

Gundam 00... The Movie.

Sure it was a bit of a generic series, 1st season good, 2nd lesser than the first at least was okay, but the movie... what a way to decimate two series with bringing back a dead kawaii character (only survivor of the Trinity or Throne Gundams until S2) to satisfy the lonely virgin and over fill that shit up with aliens, liberal feels (not even values, just feels) and shit.

>iktf breh.jpg

If a burst of motivation ever strikes you, maybe marathon the last two episodes.

Probably Angel Beats. Being a Key fan and having heard mostly praise for the show, I had high hopes for the series when I picked it up. I mean, it was even LiSA's big break so I should have liked it. Instead, it turned out to be a mediocre atrocity that has become a prime example of "Wasted Potential: The Anime".

There is this old guy and Lucifer, a former general of MC, that wanted to kill MC and the tsudenre to get in heaven's favor, MC and tsundere worked together, MC got a powerup and saved the city. Then there are two guys that wanted to kill MC because he was their enemy, but then the chick that was in love with MC gave them the power of friendship talk, then the tsundere went moralfag with "We are friends now" "I am gonna save everyone because I'm a hero" to excuse MC's crimes.

sounds dumb

Turn that god damned fucking trip OFF

Both the anime and the manga for Claymore were a let down. By the end of the manga, it's as if the author realized that he made the villain a bit too strong and had to make Teresa absurdly powerful out of nowhere to compensate.

So it's primarily shounen powelevel verbatim until the very end?

>Rokka no Yuusha
I'll fight you nigger. Probably my favourite from all shit I watched the last year.

Zankyou no Terror. There are a couple moments in it that are 10/10 but it's just so meh by the end.

It would've been nice if the show didn't try to change genres every three episodes.

>I went in expecting a stoic, grimdark medieval fantasy seinen featuring a heartwarming /ss/ plot
>/ss/ plot

Kek. Not quite to say the least. There's a romantic subplot that's not focused as much as the action and the main plot (even more so because Raki and Clare spend a good portion of the manga away from each other).

The manga is ultimately a better work. It feels like a dark seinen up to the Pieta battle, but afterwards it behaves as what it had become, a battle shonen.

It's opening was the only thing good about it.

Golden time for me. The memory issues with the ghost tada banri or whatever his name was caused the show to go downhill so quick it makes me mad to this day.

This piece of shit.

>Promises plenty of Kuroha.
>He gets no screentime.
>Last episode was full of quality.
>No Outer Science episode.

Samurai Deeper Kyo because I thought I watched them fought Former Crimson King when I was younger. So when I actually watched the series and didn't see the fight. I was heavily disappointed.

>Implying there's an anime that doesn't disappoint me

It does have a pretty good opening yea

the middle MOTW episodes are the worst part. eva should've been 18 episodes

>Zankyou no Terror
This might actually be the biggest one

Runner up is Berserk 2016 and I'm not sure how because I had really really low expectations going in

>Xam'd
This one still hurts nine years later, so I think it wins.

Guilty Crown.

I still don't know how a show with so many big names behind it could turn out to be so terrible, it was frustrating to watch even the few good episodes because I kept wishing that the rest of the show was as good.

Zankyou no Terror for sure.

mekakucity actors, hands down

Madoka. I came in expecting something top tier and what I got was pretty art with a garbage plot and characters. That was when I realized all Sup Forums suggestions are traps even the not obvious ones.

I never had any expectations after seeing the director was Araki. The animation got on my nerves because it would jump from style to style at random and the multiple skin tones were weird looking on the smooth character designs. I still enjoyed it a little just as a campy timewaster

This 110% never been so disappointed in an anime.
But atleast the soundtrack was nice.

>Maeda
>Expecting literally anything

Kizu.

Hey, now, let's be fair, you can expect good music.

Noir and hack.// sign. Mostly because I had no internet and could chose a limited number of anime to last me 4 months in the middle of nowhere and i fucking hated both of these but finished them anyway since I had little else to do.

From more recent memory - Chuuni season 2. From 8/10 for S1 to 4/10 for that. How the fuck did they even fuck it up so bad?

Don't really get disappointed that often. I am never really that hype for any upcoming stuff and if it's bad I just drop it. I'm also pretty good at predicting what I will like at least a little bit before watching it.

Probably the best part of Charlotte just for the post rock shitposting threads

Kill la Kill.

No, I'm not going to deny it was fun, but I was hoping the lick it had for story wouldn't end up anything space related and ended up being exactly that. Also, waste of antagonist in Nui, Mako too, it would have been somewhat redeemed them too if they had at least an ultimate toon fight, but not even that. Nudist Beach The bullet resolution were lackluster, too.

I felt like if it ended with the guy saving it sister then I could forgive it.

This but everyone is disappointed in it. It's very hard to watch.

That's because trigger makes cartoons not anime.

>Which anime has disappointed you the most?

Aldnoah.Zero

myman demo.d said it's shit, but looked alright art wise. 7.6 on myanimolist thought I should have a look.
Episode uno:
blablabla princes,
blablabla let's drive this fucking robot because driving fucking robots is a school subject in the future,
blablabla oh shit the princes's got killed.

Literally boring af and filled with memes.

>myman demo.d said it's shit, but looked alright art wise. 7.6 on myanimolist thought I should have a look
Fuck off and kill yourself, newfag. You belong on MAL, not Sup Forums.

oi chill, that was two years ago