Now and Then Here and There

So did anyone else drop this after our "hero" forced a girl to keep a fetus that was created as a product of rape by the military industrial complex?

What? He kept her from dying, and she wasn't even raped. Attempted.

Yes. Fuck the writers for pushing their agenda.

>she wasn't even raped.

No. It's not as though there aren't plenty of people who can't safely abort their rape child(ren); the show was depicting actuality there. What's accessible to the people is all people have. And wasn't she going to do something that could result in her dying? I've forgotten if she was trying to miscarry, or if she was attempting suicide.

Pretty sure she was raped.

She didn't renouce to abort because it was too risky for her but because MUH FOETUS IS ALIVE

I want to watch this but I'm afraid its going to be another Saikano

>Not because she eventually realized the dude was pretty cool guy for a rapist actually

What's the problem with Saikano?
It's shit because it puts shonen cliche while trying to depict a "realistic" vision of child soldiers.

it's all down hill when he get's there user cmon now

But that's exactly what makes the series charming and different.

Think about it this way: you have the cliche shonen protag who wants to power trough problems, but being in a more realistic context gets his shit kicked and tortured every fucking time instead. It's a series made for people who hate cliches and want to see them being crushed, showcasing how ridiculous common shonen is.

It's not for everyone though. Appreciating it requires taste.

>want to see them being crushed, showcasing how ridiculous common shonen is
but that's not what happens
shonenboi gets the approval of the wise good mom, the bad guys are the soldiers (even those who fight to take out Hamdo and save lives)

shonenboi never gets broken, people hit him but he keeps shit talking and making speeches

that Hamdo's bitch should have killed him but somewhow she was in luv with him
masochist?

Not really whats wrong with it, just everyone dies unfulfilled, the main characters sleep with randoms, no one is happy in the end (not even me)

Hamdo (and arguably the one woman whose name I don't remember) is the only "evil" person in the series anyway. The morality is absolutely gray, even the rapist has some positive traits. Shonenboy only triumphs in the end and still loses pretty much everything.

>Hamdo (and arguably the one woman whose name I don't remember) is the only "evil" person in the series anyway.
I'd be okay with this if the series didn't portray anybody other than Sis and Chu as misguided souls or assholes. How were the soldiers wrong for trying to kill Hamdo (they'd have succeeded if it wasn't for plot shield too)? Or for priorizing the lives of everyone in the village over La La Ru's?

It's been years since I watched so I don't even remember those characters, but I don't remember the series exactly stating the soldiers were evil or wrong. It's just some anons interpretation.

>gets his shit kicked and tortured every fucking time instead.
>The morality is absolutely gray,

All that talk about having superior taste and then you make shit up, good job.

no
i understood it's from the point of view of an idealistic kid and that arc was meant to contrast one another but also show that not everything has a clear answer.

Triggered landwhales are looked down on here, my good user.

Are you implying that beating someone regardless of the context is always evil?

>idealist kid opposes abortion (in an anime produced in a conservative country more than 15 years ago)
Really made me think.
>oh noes something isn't pushing my beloved "pro-choice" message I must sperg out
Nobody cares, you stupid tumblrina.

No, I'm implying what was said is fucking stupid, since despite all the beatings he gets he comes out on top all the time.

The series ends with him being emotionally crushed and losing everything, even his child-like innocence. To see this as "coming out on top" because he lives and defeats the bad guy is a stretch.

>To see this as "coming out on top" because he out-lives an army of adult soldiers and defeats a murder-happy dictator with military techs at his disposal is a stretch because his fee-fees got hurt.

Do you realize how stupid you sound now?

>Being alive is the only thing that matters
Do you realize how stupid you sound now?

The ending of the series is generally agreed to be some melancholic shit. Haven't you been around "make Sup Forums cry" -threads and seen the images posted there? The ending isn't happy, it's not fulfilling, it's about loss and maturing in a horrible way. I didn't know that there are people here that manage to miss the point of the series this badly.

>no don't do war it's bad!
>fuck the bad guys captured us because we didn't want to do war
>wait we have a biological weapon with us let's kill them all by flooding their base
>good job guys we stayed true to our ideals :^)

>>good job guys we stayed true to our ideals :^)
What show did you watch?

They never showed any sign of contradiction. Sis dies 'honorably' (despite contributing to the death of her village), unchallenged, and even has the time to guilt trip Sara on abortion before that. Chu loses his innocence after all of this but that only means he's sad after all that, not that he contradicted his naive beliefs and he just beats up Hamdo with a stick.

Nobody ever points out how retarded they've been up to that point, it's all played straight.