Re:Zero

Subaru and Otto best bros forever

Otto X Frederica is going to be canon, Ram a shit for letting the clown hurt Rem

Other urls found in this thread:

kagurojp.wordpress.com/2016/08/12/vol-3-ch-10-confluence-and-farewell/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No new translation = No new thread

Otto being rejected by a literal cat will never be unfunny

You know what else will never be unfunny?
Eight year old girls kissing 400 year old men.

>Otto X Frederica

And then promising to completely break him so that he will be only hers

Is sort of want this to happen

Wait did Ram also lose a chunk of brain cells when she lost her horn or what? I thought she only loved Roswaal because of years of serving under him and because of the Stockholm Syndrome effects. I swear it'd better be some sort of Ram's keikaku to make Roswaal her bitch or I'd be mad as hell.

She gets turned on by him openly regarding them as pawns, somewhat admiring his dedications to his goals at the expense of them and others. She kisses and tries to seduce him (at 8) and him rebuffed her telling her to wait a decade first.

>I swear it'd better be some sort of Ram's keikaku to make Roswaal her bitch or I'd be mad as hell.
She did state she will crush all of his hopes and dreams, but so that he will be hers after losing everything

And aside all of this already being rather sick, she's pretty ok with Roswaal regarding Rem as a disposable pawn

>best buds
>throws Subaru to his death so he can live

Every thread until Rem wakes up.

Wait did 123b come out?

Sex with Beako.

More?

Where did you get these?
Yeah. That's basically how it went down.

Dammit anons I hold you to save these conversations for later

No translations = No thread
Thinly veiled is fine but this isn't one.

Jesus Ram, what the fuck are you doing?

Why must society force high-priority individuals to do exams? Summaryanon should be free to translate...

Given that her last statement borders on possessive yandere, it turns out that she's the psycho one instead of Rem

Rem was never a psycho to begin with.

Rem is pretty psycho. She would have pulled a Cain and Able on Ram if she didn't get her horn cut off.

Rem clearly has a few screws loose. However, Ram's head isn't even attached.
Maybe. Who knows?
It is kind of sad to see how proud she is of declaring herself Ram's substitute in the backstory, with how much that way of thinking starts to weigh down on her over the years.

That's some bs. All of her actions are comprehensible therefor she's not a psycho.

Rem doesn't need to be irrational like Ram to be a psycho.

Her methodical and naturally malice-like nature speaks for itself. Its like saying Subaru doesn't enjoy violence.

>Rem clearly has a few screws loose
Yeah, but calling her a psycho is a completely different level.

That's not what being psycho means. Psychos very rarely are incomprehensible, its just their value structure differs vastly from your's.

Every thread until Crusch-sama gets her memories back.

>malice-like nature
Dafuck, user. Enjoying violence doesn't make you evil. It's not like she attacks whoever she sees for no reason

Again, not what a psycho is. Echidna is quite literally a psycho and she doesn't really attack people at all.

Echidna is more specifically a Psychopath. When I regarded Ram as psycho I meant as psychotic

That would make literally every character a psycho.

What is Ferri doing here?

Probably talking about getting pegged by Crusch

No, being against the norm is what distinguishes them as a psycho. If they were in a culture that was psychotic from your frame of reference they wouldn't be psycho. Its a relative mental state. Echidna, Ram and Rem place fairly little value on certain lives, which makes them behave in ways you would consider psychotic. Rem and Ram both literally have a psychotic state of being they can enter.

Wondering where his pupils went and coming to terms with his sudden blindness.

>Echidna, Ram and Rem place fairly little value on certain lives
Subaru, Roswaal, Otto, Beatrice.

Being a faggot as usual.

Go back to sleep Rem, you're saying weird things.

Alright. I just got to the end. Ram is still able to call Rem the number one most important person to her. Rem is also quite eager and proud to move forward with her decision to be Ram's substitute.

So what looks on the surface to be a happy and peaceful conclusion, is actually depressing as fuck once you know how things turn out.

Moving into the author's afterword now.

Yes, and they place almost no value on the lives outside that. Ram and Rem can casually kill or commit violence against others. This is regarded as a psychotic behavior because empathy should normally stop you from doing that. Even if they have a reason for doing so, such as defending themselves or others, the callous way they go about it would be considered psychotic. Not to mention being able to torture someone. Its not really a bad thing and it certainly doesn't make them bad characters or anything, but they are way too damaged to not be considered psychopaths.

>being against the norm is what distinguishes them as a psycho
What would be the norm for the value of lives? Is there even a norm for that

The idea would be that you can't just casually kill someone. Militaries spend a lot of time breaking down a person's ego so that they are able to kill someone when the time comes. Its very rare to find someone actually fully capable and willing to take other lives by default, and that would be considered psychotic behavior.

Again, its relative, no one really gave a shit about this a century ago, so from Subaru's perspective, they're psycho, and he's basically mentioned that a few times, but no one probably cares that much given the world they live in.

>Yes, and they place almost no value on the lives outside that. Ram and Rem can casually kill or commit violence against others.
But this is not the case

So Satella wears the same outfit that Emilia's been wearing but the colors are different? And here I thought Satella would wear an original dress or something. Kinda disappointed that she turns out to be literally Emilia's clone.

Do not mix up terminology, Psychopath is not Psychotic

I didn't say none, I said almost no value. And they can casually kill others so I don't know why you're claiming they can't.

>they can casually kill others
When did that happen?

Psychopathy is determined by the psychotic behavior they exhibit. If a psychopath doesn't do psychotic things they aren't a psychopath. It is possible for a non-psychopath to exhibit psychotic behavior but it matters what that behavior is and why they're doing it.

Rem feels nothing in particular when killing cultists, Subaru, or even random street toughs, Ram feels basically nothing for her race being genocided. You can say 'well those are bad guys' all you want, being able to do so unflinchingly, without hesitation and uncaringly is a psychotic behavior.

Did you read the side story with Liliane? Rem doesn't behave like you just described.

They certainly are capable of casual killing, but they do still care about people. Anyhow, I haven't finished this afterword yet.

Apparently he was inspired to write this when the anime team wanted to show more of Rem and Ram's backstory, and was really eager to do it. According to him, this story is meant to depict how Rem's heart/mind begins to worsen before the main story starts.

Funny how Ram mostly thinks she's improved.

>Rem feels nothing in particular when killing cultists, Subaru, or even random street toughs
Hatred against the cultists. Subaru was in her mind a cultists and she didn't kill any street thugs.

She has to be told specifically to not kill the random thugs, and is unconcerned that she accidentally almost already killed one. Her major complaint in the Lilliana story is that she does not have her flail which is described as a weapon solely intended to kill things in an extremely brutal way. She isn't outright killing the random goons that show up because they wanted to capture them and see what they were doing, not that she isn't interested in doing so.

Psychopathy/Sociopathy is a specific mental illness in which the subject is unable to care about other people and lacks emotions

Rem going apeshit is not Psychopaty
Ram twistedness is still not Psichopaty

But I am in dire need of more Rem pics.

It is textbook psychopathy. No one has no emotions, its literally impossible for a human unless you're a vegetable. If you completely lack an emotional component to your being you become paralyzed because you cannot make decisions. Psychopaths and Sociopaths are generally regarded as having no empathy, but that isn't strictly true either. Like any mental disorder there are degrees and plenty of them care about very limited things while disregarding basically anything else.

She feels nothing in particular after killing them. While killing them, she's enraged.

>She has to be told specifically to not kill the random thugs, and is unconcerned that she accidentally almost already killed one
You're talking about the arc 3 scene? She was joking about "half killing them" to scare them off.

> Her major complaint in the Lilliana story is that she does not have her flail which is described as a weapon solely intended to kill things in an extremely brutal way.

She doesn't need it to kill them. Then they first met white KKK she beat one up and let them run then instead of going on a killing spree

Is it bad I no longer believe in Nee-sama's love for rem anymore?

She literally complains about not having her flail during the incident so she couldn't fight as effectively, and they scattered as soon as one of them went down and they got away because she was more concerned about protecting Subaru.

She also wasn't joking to the thugs because she then proceeds to beat the everliving shit out of them.

Regardless even of that, there isn't a difference between killing and simply maiming, the concept in regards to psychopathy is the same: she doesn't give a fuck about doing either.

And what would be the norm to feel after killing someone? Subaru killed Betelgeuse and didn't feel bad for him. Same for Rem when she kills cultists.

You do know this is the very same girl who tortured people when she was eight right? Not killing, healing and maiming until they expired.

Its a misconception thay psychopaths dont have emotions. They do, they just process them differently. What they lack is empathy.

>She also wasn't joking to the thugs because she then proceeds to beat the everliving shit out of them.
I can't recall that. There do you get that from?

Are you joking? Subaru is incredibly bothered by the fact that he killed Betelguese. He brings it up, he's thought about it, he 'joked' about having PTSD from it.

I feel like Ram is lying

Rem is definitely a psycho. She only mellowed out because of Subaru, yet she's still very violent.

Bros.. It was Ferri sneezing... (.◜ω◝.)

Not sure what's up with the translation of her line there, but they aren't shouting 'aaaaaaarrrrrgh' because she was just kidding and letting them run.

He sneezed his pupils out?

I remember pretty clearly that at the start of arc 4 he's thinking he's not happy about having killed Betelgeuse but neither sad because he thought his death was necessary

Not him but

>“Rem”
>“Yes.”
>“Don’t kill them ok?”
>“Yes, I’ll 3/4ths kill them.”
>Deciding she would only 75% kill them, Rem leisurely got to work. There were some who threw things at her in desperation. There were some who turned tail and tried to flee. And then there were some who couldn’t quite grasp what was going on and just clutched their knees in fear.
> ―― Facing all that, she rained down punishment on them, distributing it evenly.”

kagurojp.wordpress.com/2016/08/12/vol-3-ch-10-confluence-and-farewell/

She really did do those things.

I didn't say she should feel bad. I'm saying she doesn't even feel good. After the fact, it became completely irrelevant to her. Her eyes devoid of emotion when she speaks of it.
Did you change what that said?

No no

I didn't make the image, but yeah, her line seems different from the usual translation. But that's not important, what's important is the cut away from obvious asswhooping as indicated by the yelling.

Rem is the cutest psycho ever. She did nothing wrong in that scene desu

>the same thugs who attacked Subaru in arc 1
Karma.

Welp. Just completely finished reading the backstory and its after word. That was all certainly a whole lot of something.
I think it's meant to be contrasted with the lines Arc 2. The whole ending sequence is basically despair disguised as hope. Rem is cheerfully starting down a path which eventually crushes her spirit. While Ram says she loves Rem the most, we know how that turns out too.

If Ram still wants to let Rem be Roswaal's disposable pawn after just waking her up, I will start to call Ram shit. An irredeemable piece of shit to be exact.

I still don't buy that Rem would have just murdered the street thugs

They wanted to hurt her Subaru-kun.

user its part of her job, if anything becomes remotely threatening to the faction leaders she will kill them and takes great pride in doing her job properly.

She didn't even bring out her weapon so scaring them off and beating up was enough

>Caring that a few street thugs get killed

They'd shank your shit for money, who gives a damn.

Don't you worry. After Subaru acquires Gluttony powers and saves Rem, he'll have a friendly discussion with Roswaal and shake his hand. Then he'll lick his palm and hide Roswaal's body somewhere where no one will ever find it.

After those guys got scared off by Reinhard, they run into Ram and she kicks all their asses as well. The blue maid was probably like deja vu for them.

Well we see Rem and Ram ultimately fight each other? Because it seems to be leading in that way.

I like the way you think

I doubt it unless shit goes super south. I'm not buying that Ram wants to let anyone to hurt Rem or vis versa. Ultimately they care about each other too much and they need each other, Ram is currently a little screwy because she's missing her Rem.

Oh shit

I was expecting the "Kiss that tasted like death" scene to be included. It was one of the highlights of arc 4 after-all.

Here's the thing. Ram was already screwy. She doesn't want Roswaal to hurt Rem, but she's just fine with him telling her that he's willing to manipulate and sacrifice Rem at any time. Without any regret.

I think things are going to get a little strained if things aren't ignored. Because now I'm starting to feel Arc 4 with Rem wouldn't necessarily be as easier as we suspected.

>Even if Re:Zero gets another season Rem won't even be in it
Who fucking cares. Stop making threads for doomed series'.

But she kinda would be. Subaru does a bunch of things with Rem during arc 4. Most of which is him going full devoted husbando on her. Who doesn't want to see that?

Also Echidna is worth a series of her own to be honest.

>30 seconds after this picture was taken, everyone involved had rabbits up the ass

Has the Carmilla scene in that volume been scanned yet? I'm anxiously waiting to know if it's been modified to carry the "Intense Friendship" impression.

Since when has Rem ever had a problem with murdering people? Hell, they were even aggressive to her and Subaru first.