YU YU HAKUSHO 25th Aniversary

SON OF A GUN

pierrot.jp/yuhaku25/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pmX564UTabE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Goddamn look how short Hiei is

Prince of Manlets after Vegeta

Thanks Pierrot, now you'll give Togashi more excuse to stay lazy.

What else has a 25th anniversary this year?

Me.

Sailor Moon gave him his last big excuse and now this. We won't see him till 2020 at the very least.

>a rebroadcast
Better than nothing.

You know, a rebroadcasting of DBZ was what sparked it's rebirth.

I dont get it, he clearly doesnt give a shit about manga anymore, why dont hand the story to another mangaka and let him finish it, just say "this and that happens and thats it, now go draw it while Im home playing dragon quest"

Omedetou

YES YES YES

Its happening. This is the YYH revival I've been waiting for. Can someone who speaks moon confirm if its just a rebroadcast or whats going on. If this gets any kind of new material I'm pretty sure my heart will explode because holy shit.

Just a rebroadcast.

Yusuke looks good as fuck in this picture.

Too bad everyone else is lacking the charm of the original artstyle.

But correct me if I'm wrong, is a rebroadcast not capable of leading into new material? Did Card Captor Sakura get a rebroadcast? Or Sailor Moon? Or is it possible that if the rebroadcast goes well and they sell lots of YYH merch they would consider new material?

No it wasn't. Kai flopped in Japan. What sparked its rebirth was Battle of the Gods i.e. fresh new canon material.

Tekkaman Blade
Video Girl Ai
Bastard!!
Porco Rosso
Hime-chan no Ribbon
Kyou kara Ore wa!!

Sailor Moon (already being remade)
Ushio and Tora (already got remade)
Tenchi Muyo! (got a new OVA project)

Money my good man, money seeing how he's the highest paid Mangaka in Shonen Jump currently. Moreso than Oda.

Don't you mean Son of a SPIRIT gun?

Nope. Card Captor Sakura and Sailor Moon got new material as anniversaries
>Or is it possible that if the rebroadcast goes well and they sell lots of YYH merch they would consider new material?
Why would people want new material? The anime wrapped up perfectly unless you're stupid enough to believe that it needs a remake that's more faithful to the manga cause I can tell you one thing much like Sailor Moon Crystal it would not be good.

>The first episode of Dragon Ball Kai earned a viewer ratings percentage of 11.3, ahead of One Piece and behind Crayon Shin-chan.[110] Although following episodes had lower ratings, Kai was among the top 10 anime in viewer ratings every week in Japan for most of its run.[111][112] Towards the end of the original run the ratings hovered around 9%-10%.[

Google translate pretty much perfectly translated the entire thing except Hiei's name?

Yeah, okay.

What about a sequel?

Fuck, I truly need more YYH.

That's nice. Now post the part where Kai got canned after 97 episodes for Toriko

No? Just let it die

It was suppose to run for 98 episodes, but the 98th episode was delayed due to the tsunami.

>Bastard!!

Don't even mention it. On one hand a faithful, well done adaption would be out of this world but I just don't see that happening in todays anime market.

Unless Netflix funds it like Devilman which fucking deserves a proper adaption more than any other series.

He doesn't give a fuck about money, if he wants it he needs to release volumes. He and his wife have more than they'd ever need anyway.

The dude is just not healthy and not willing to work despite it, it's not that complicated or hard to believe.

Same.

How about I just let you fucking die, you bitch.

>no video girl len

Funnily enough back then those ratings weren't considered good even for a premiere
Stop dodging the point. It got canned only finishing up to Cell and didn't come back for 3 years to finish Buu which was just to fill in the slot after Toriko got canned

He doesn't really have to do anything. That is the best option if he wanted fans to have something to look forward to.

Already has a BD so it's fine with me.

Crystal is honestly the worst decision Japan has ever made concerning one of their internationally huge successes. I'd honestly say that DB Super is a better add on to a franchise and I think its pretty awful. But Ushio and Tora got decent treatment, from the little we've seen it looks like CCS will get decent treatment. I'm just saying that in this day and age, remakes/sequels can go either way. It would either be Crystal or CGI Berserk level bad or it could be decent.

And I'm not necessarily saying that YYH needs a reboot, the anime is my all time favorite. But would I watch the fuck out of a new movie? Yes. The second YYH movie was great and I would be both eager and nervous to see what they would do with the series and characters with todays animation techniques.

>Tekkaman Blade
youtube.com/watch?v=pmX564UTabE
VOLTEKAAAAAAAAAAAA

Can any of the original voice actors even do the voices anymore? Hiei's voice actor is getting in age.

Why hasn't this got a sticky?

Because it's literally nothing.

My husbando looks so fucking handsome, I am on board for whatever fate has in store for me at this point.

>re broadcast
>sticky
really?

I've only ever watched the dub so I don't care about the VA's.

there better be A Yusuke figure released

I'd even settle for SAS

Lol, a Sasuke rip off.

Its still noteworthy though. Its not every day that one of the biggest anime of all time gets a 25th anniversary celebration.

Unless of course you're underage cancer who doesn't even know the first thing about YYH then yeah, I guess I can see how you'd think this wasn't sticky worthy.

I hope Togashi draws some nice pictures of him for you and other fans.

>Devilman
>Card Captor Sakura
>Kino
>Geass s3
>YYH

Best timeline indeed.

Man, a remake would've been really nice.

you said it, noteworthy, not a big announcement, if it were a new anime, sequel manga or a movie THEN we are talking, but a rebroadcast means shit, we already can see the whole series

>rewatch Yu Yu Hakusho after recently watching HxH

It's pretty interesting to see how many HxH characters have a prototype version in YYH

More delinquent anime when?Usually I'd call you a faggot, but dub Kuwabara was GOAT

>mfw

Thank you.

I feel like a lot of the old fans from my generation have moved on from anime in general, 25+ years is a long time to stay in the same hobby without life getting in the way, but the hardcore fans that remain will no doubt feel the same hype I'm feeling. I hope everyone gets to see great new art of their husbandos/waifus and that lots of merch is released for me to waste all my money on.

would kill for an OVA desu

>Rebroadcast

Fucking nothing then

So what is this, like a Kai of YYH or a 1:1 updated remake or what?

I don't expect it 1:1, censorship and shit

Usually I'd call myself a faggot too but YYH had a great dub considering what else came out of the 90's. I've heard snips of the Jap version and I've listened to the character songs too but they just don't feel like the same characters to me. The dub just added a lot of extra personality without completely going overboard in my opinion. I guess thats what they call nostalgia but eh. I'll take it.

Are you a gril?

So less HxH since this shit will give Togashi money?

Just a reminder that Hunter x Hunter was even as good as it was because this motherfucker had year long hiatuses. I couldn't imagine a weekly manga being done anymore but he could at least do a monthly regiment.

>10 years after the events of the tournament for all of demon world, Yusuke who is now president of the demon world must face his biggest challenge thus far, fatherhood.

Nah, I'm good

I would say that it should be obvious from my husbando post but with the amount of faggots running amok on Sup Forums I understand your confusion.

But don't let that distract from the topic at hand, I for one am hype as fuck. I don't care if a rebroadcast, I'm just pumped that my all time favorite anime is getting some recognition in this day and age.

I'm from the last two generations, mid to late 2000. I dipped out of anime for a bit but came back. It's nice to return especially to news like

>only 32 people care about this

Fuck this gay Earth.

Nice that you're not one of those """femanons""" that make a big deal out of having a vaj. Most of the time people say they are they're either pretending or are a mentally ill tranny who genuinely believes they are a girl.

Why would anyone want more material? Look at what happened to Naruto and DB.

I'm still dreading that Kenshin is getting five new arcs despite the fact that it ended perfectly. It's just gonna ruin the series. I don't want that to happen to YYH.

All I want is a reboot of the series with even better action scenes

Ya know I remember an article that explained the reason why Buu Arc was not animated.

The reason being merchandise sales were at an all time low despite high tv ratings and the fact that there was no on-going manga compared to the other titan in the Toei timeblock, One Piece.

Yeah, theres been a lot of good news this year. I think a lot of anime studios are realizing that established franchises have untapped potential so they're digging into the vaults, so the speak.

Sailor Moon Crystal was a good idea but the execution was awful. I'd say the same about Dragon Ball Super. Ushio and Tora on the other hand was a solid reboot. Card Captor and Devilman look promising but we don't have much to go off yet. Geass season 3 will be an instant hit, theres no getting around it. And theres not enough info to make a call on Kino yet but I have a feeling it'll turn out good.

Oh, Jigoku Shoujo is also getting a new anime so thats something else to look forward to.

Personally I think if we're ever going to get a Baccano! sequel it will be sometime soon. The stakes keep getting stacked higher and higher with each new announcement and I don't think another anime is going to happen if it misses this boom.

You know how when a western TV show runs out of new episodes to air and just air the same episodes over and over. Yeah its like that, only differance is it might get a new OP/ED.

It's usually the guys that make a big deal about it after someone answers. It's dumb to bring up what genitals you have on a Chinese ping pong board anyway.

>its dumb to bring up what genitals you have

This. Thats why I didn't directly answer the question.

Anyway, what are the chances of the rebroadcast inspiring new doujinshi that AREN'T Kurama x Hiei? Any at all?

Probably less than zero

Damn Kuwabara used to be the ugly one but here he's sharp as fuck. Hiei's still way too short to be in the back like that though.

Who /Kurama/ here

I don't know how often Japan airs reruns of two decade old anime, but this is a little different from Western shows doing it. As an offhanded example, I Love Lucy reruns are just time fillers to take up the early morning hours when the only people who would be interested in the show itself (the elderly) are awake. Its not to make money, hit any kind of viewership goals, etc. Its literally just there to fill up space until the good stuff comes on.

This in particular is a rebroadcast of an extremely popular anime from the 90's to celebrate its 25th anniversary. I can only imagine it means something special, for Togashi if nothing else.

It's best to do that then waste money on an un-established series.

Toei wanted to bring it into the 21st century but not in a way that was pleasing to the eyes. As long as Yuasa is involved in Devilman I'll have faith.

I really thought Omori left Brains Base until season 5 of Natsume. If he brings back Baccano after Hell Girl, it'll great but the anime never did that well especially compared to Durarara. The anime for Durarara seasons 2-4 didn't do so well because of the gap. Brains Base should have struck the iron while it was hot.
It's not like all the other anime that had a huge impact or the best seller of that year like Geass to take 5+ years for a continuation. It was to support the LN sales which were dropping if I remember correctly.

YYH had impact but it won't get the best treatment.

Even if they wanted to make a YYH reboot do you think Togashi would even agree to it after seeing what they did to his wife's series?

Do you really think Togashi gives a fuck about anything?

As long as he can grab some cash from all this he'll be fine with it.

Is this going to be an update animation or just a pure rebroadcast of the old show?

>A MULBERRY IS A TREE AND KUWABARA IS A MAN

Best not to since people will get angry over anything.

>rebroadcast inspiring new doujinshi that AREN'T Kurama x Hiei? Any at all?
Keep YYH pure. I remember the great flood of the Hunter x Hunter 2011 reboot.

right here man

So we will finally get the inferno arc and Toguro comeback? Or we'll finally see upper S demons actually fight in screen? Or we'll see what happened to the demon world after the tournament? Did Hiei finally got laid?

Contain yourselfs Sup Forums. Rebroadcasts like this happen all the time in Japan, especially on certain networks. Its literally nothing new.

>Tenchi Muyo!
Is this shit any good? I'm at like episode three or something and it seems really low budget 'humor' I'd have found funny if I was a horny teen. It seems really creatively bankrupt. Is it just nostalgia that gets people going for this?

>those slim suits
>Hiei wearing skinny jeans and chelsea boots

Damn, it really isn't the 90s anymore.

Then I shall continue to keep my hopes up.

Even if new animated material doesn't come from this, I'm still looking forward to the new merch.

This is what I'm saying though. At least gives us a new, FULL LENGTH OVA.

>did Hiei get laid

That depends on how much fujo pandering they add.

Yeah, but do you really want to see them still dressing like this?

Also for comparison purposes, this is what the boys looked like the last time they wore suits.

Sailor Moon's /fa/ is super in today, at least for female fashion. 90s doesn't die.

The color is making my eyes water.

>fujo
Back to your Hunter x Hunter threads.

>Baccano!
Show bombed so hard in Japan its on no one's radar. Only way we'll get another season if the west founds it like they're doing with FLCL(I mean who even asked for this?). Netflex could probably do it since apparently they make anime now.

but Lucy is olev

Only the first two seasons and Daughter of Darkness
Season 3 and Forever ruin everything.

>Is it just nostalgia that gets people going for this?

Uh, yeah sure

Actually I'm pretty anti fujo when it comes to YYH. No pairing Hiei with Kurama, no pairing Yusuke with Kuwabara. I just don't want to see my boys tainted like that.

But you can't deny in todays climate, certain people might feel inclined to give Kurama x Hiei (the most popular YYH pair by a country mile) some pandering screentime to draw in new viewers. If a hypothetical reboot were to happen, I mean. I certainly hope that wouldn't happen but its definitely not out of the question.

Well we're having a Tatsunoko crossover, but no Blade

>like with FLCL

Don't forget the new Devilman anime, user.

I'm pretty sure 90's fashion SHOULD die though.