Should i watch the monogatari series?

Is it really good or it's just a pretentious shitty harem

Find out for yourself. i'm not your mother.

Really good haremshit.

It's both really.

I dropped bakemonogatari when it was airing, thought it was utter shit

gave it another chance 2 weeks ago and watched everything in 1 week

its really good

But what is so good about it that makes it different of most harem (supposedly)

its funny
and interesting
and pretty
and eargasm seiyuus

I thought it was mediocre until I watched Kizu 1-2-3. Puts things in perspective and makes it feel less pretentious

Series literally starts off with a pantyshot and is filled with fan service. Sup Forums has no idea what pretentious means they just slap that on anything that tries to have anything other than a standard anime plot.

Is there a chart about how to get into this? At this point it seems about as huge as Gundam.

Only if you like character development, lots of words, and monster stories.

The SHAFT direction fits well with the writer's oddball tendencies. The show has a surreal, otherworldly appeal to it. The arcs have better plots than 95% of other LNs as well.

It is a harem but it doesn't really feel like one, apart from the fanservice scenes.

different from most harems is that MC already has a gf

everything he does with other girls can be seen as part of comedy / fanservice

said comedy and fanservice with fetishized characters is very self-aware (is that the word?) - specifically made to indulge otakus

also it has an actual story - which harems for the most part don't have

galax.moe/monogatari

I mean it's the first harem where I found myself lusting after the guy and not any of the girls in the harem. No homo.

airing order is as follows:
>bake
>nise
>neko
>monogatari season 2
>hana
>tsuki
>owari season 1
>koyomi
>kizu
>owari season 2

Its not, its give or take a few around 7-9 seperate "seasons," some of which are four or so episodes long

It's basically written like a book. The dialog, the events and the twists are very fantastical and extreme amount of attention is put into character development while absolutely no attention at all is put into irrelevant background characters

It all creates a very unique way of telling a story seen nowhere else in anime

this very much

We don't blame you user.

what the hell is this twilight

It helps that the MC is one of the most likable harem protags of all time

It's really cool if you like awesome animation, fan service, good dialogues, good art, good plot, amusing characters and all of that. It's very... honest i think would be the correct word, the main character isn't a common naive paragon of justice, neither the other characters, i love how they realize their own flaws on dia/monologues and talk about it.
To watch it i strongley recommend you to watch it in airing order, otherwise you wouldn't catch everything. Also, this way the movies came right in time (they happen befote everything, but while you watch the series the hype for the movies jusy grow and grow a boner big af).
I recommend this to any young adult that is not familiarized with anime but have a good taste, even more if they are kind of pretentious: monogatari takes a lot from the french new wave of the 60's
>hey user, suck a dick, it's shit
It obviously isn't a museum piece of art, but it's cool and enjoyable af. I like it.

shitty pretentious pseudo harem through

avoid this bullet and go for the next anime, tiger

>good dialogues
holy shit, this isn't a meme; monogatari fanbase are really this stupid

>hurr durr im retarded

It's a little questionable at times. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who has never watched anime before, but I would recommend it to people who have. Ultimately I get a little worried with all the blatant lolicon pandering that anyone i recommend it to will think I'm a lolicon.

>not being a lolicon

Hachikuji's sexual harassment is the best part tho

who wouldn't lick her all over

Dont forget that they will think you have a thootbrush fetish user

Pretty good dialogue and actual developed characters unlike most anime in the same genre

>2017
>not liking the cunny

Does Sup Forums have something for lolis?

its not a crime if nobody find out

Of course I am a bit of a lolicon, but it's not something I want other people in real life knowing about...

Sup Forums is not one person

personally I always hated lolis because they're annoying as fuck and their voices make my ears bleed

but snail girl is a nice nonetheless

>harem
I love this epic meme.

You might be on to something.

Sir, i think you don't get the point. I'm not talking about quotable stuff, deep thoughts or shit like that.
90% of the show are dialogues, the scenes and even the action developes by dialogues, the conflicts are resolved by dialogues, the characters develope themselves by dialogues. I appreciate you developing your point.
>Ararararagi
It's obviously not what i'm talking about.

Watch it and form your own opinion.
Those threads are worse than rec threads. Remember to sage and report.

This, the very first shot of the series is a 20-second look at Hanekawa's pantsu, intertwined with half a second bits of japanese text. It's not something for total beginners

shitsurei, kamimashita

>Ultimately I get a little worried with all the blatant lolicon pandering that anyone i recommend it to will think I'm a lolicon.

>not wearing your heart on your sleeve

I just finished it last week. I want my time back simply put.

The biggest problem isn´t that it is harem, the problem is that it is pseudo harem. The main girl has already won three episodes in, yet the girls pile on MC dicks with every new story arc. Is just so fucking boring and annoying to know that the new girls have no chance to win the MCbowl, no matter how much better or worse they are. Is just fucking boring.

The only reason I could stomach this trash was because of Shaft. No meme here, they got the direction mastered. Good angles to never make it boring for the eyes, shifting perspective so the viewer doesn´t look away, and of course details when it matters.

The pretentious shit? Honestly not really, is the fanbase, the faggots here and the faggots at reddit + MAL that act like this is not a harem show, that because the Shaft masterfully handled the directing and that Nish handled the source material, that all of that somehow negate the fact it is another shitty harem, is just dumb as fuck. Is wordy, but most of it are hollow words without much meaning, no emotional impact.

By the by, all the conflict in the show is linked to the girl wanting to jump on the MC´s dick. Too bad none of that matters, because MCbowl was after first girl showed up, yet the players stay to compete over fucking nothing. Fuck majority of the people here to be too retarded to admit it.

Yes but just ignore the mystery aspect of it because it literally doesn't matter

>it's just a pretentious shitty harem
Sounds like you've already watched it mate.

Pretentious shitty harem. The protagonist is Shiro, even has the whole YOU ARE TOO GOOD OF A PERSON WHY DO KEEP HURTING YOURSELF schitck down. Kaiki is the only good thing about this shit.

There is no MCbowl, that's your own retarded headcanon.
>fanbase
stop basing your opinions on other peoples opinions

Cause everybody talks about how deep it is thats why i wonder if its really delivers or if its just stays in that pretentius aka ( triyng to be something more than it is)

>pretentious shitty harem
we should divide this into three parts:

>Pretentious
Accurate. A lot of first world problem blown up into astronomically huge proportions. Roll your eye and yawn at or cry when the sad music cue comes.
>Shitty
No satisfaction from watching it. Accurate.
>Harem
Classic marry-go-around harem. Accurate.

Is it recommended to watch them in the airing order?

>No MCbowl
You must be a fucking lobotomized chimp. That´s the entire problem I pointed out. Pseudo-harems are the worst kind of harems.
>Ask if it´s pretentious
>Explaining why people call it pretentious even though the show isn´t pretentious
>HURR STOP EXPLAINING THE SITUATION
No need to act like a retard just because you felt like I called you out.

>watched monogatari
>only sees harem mcbowl
Dude, i think you can't see farther than your nose.

Pretentious garbage with obnoxious fans

Here is a fast rundown on how this thread will be like
>crab a shit
>i-is not a harem
>i-is not pretentious
>2deep4u
>X is best
Really. This is one of the few franchises that you will see no difference for asking the same thing either on leddit or on Sup Forums. Most guys are drunk on the koolaid. Is a harem, is better than most harem, is without doubt pretentious. There. Decide if you want to watch it.

It's very deep.

Absolutely. The experience is way better. And it's directed to be watched that way.

No one who actually enjoys the series ever tries to argue that it's deep and yet the pretentious meme persists.

>Not watching it for quality time self-insert spends with the girls
You must be a faggot.

At least give Kizumonogatari a chance. Glad I saw Part 3 in a theater 2 weeks ago.

If you cant see depth this has over most harem series then you are too blind and didnt watch the show.

It's amusing how much butthurt this masterpiece causes on people that can't see more than harem/mcbowl on it.

Best girl (Bat) loses. Pack your back and go home already.

I said that he can't see further than that, i'm not saying that that topic alone is bad my nigga, i love it too.

As you ordered

I honestly would have dropped it faster than a boiling pot if there was no cute girls and ARRR was a girls.

>this series has more than romance in it
>pretentious

I didn't say it is deep, because it's not. In fact everything is clearly as the day. But in the overall i think the show have a great value.

no blu-ray till july

Your call. But i'm glad you didn't.

not going to lie. i just wanted to enhance the doujin experience. there wasnt all that much hardcore stuff, but that multipart ntr series with almost all the girls was worth it.

I thought it was Kizu BD in June, next season in July.

>Harem=romance
>It has more than harem
If you want to watch it because of Shaft, SZS is the right pick.

I watched Bake only, I thought it was pretty decent.

I'll get around to the others in time but I can't be bothered right now.

>No one will say it is too deep unironically
How new? 2017 Jan? Enjoy your stay anyway.

>MUH HAREM
Harem ends after Nise.
>cat formally rejected
>monkey is just for bantz
>snek is autistic shut-in
>snail gets sent to the afterlife

>series with romance in them are only allowed to have romance and nothing else

Here you go

>>snail gets sent to the afterlife
Not for long

These threads are cancer. Anything but waifu shitposting isn´t worth having a thread. Speaks volume of the franchise, but that is what happens when your show is nothing but cute girls. Anyway, Snail and Crab are shit.

nah, its coming out on July 12
and owari pt 2 starts in july too

YOU ARE SHIT MOTHERFUCKER

based mc

You can have a harem without romance.
Day where harem are only harem if all the guy ends with all the girls never existed. When we talk about harem shows is always about one guy and a heap of girls interacting. In this case several of them wanted the D. Just because the story progressed and some dropped doesn´t change the fact that it is a harem show.

>are you an italian?
kek

>Annoying possessive cunt that shows up only to cockblock
>Not putting out jailbait
Shut it.

>waifu shitposting
I think you haven't read this thread at all, shitface. Believe or not, we are actually discussing the quality of the show. For the record, it's good.

KIZU 3 WHERE?

Three words, TANABE Kyou Netoraregatari. Put 40 hours of your life and get the greatest fap ever.

I found parts of Bake and Nise a chore to get through but S2 was unironically really good.
It probably doesn't help I can't take Arararagi seriously because he sounds like Shinji from Fate. (same seiyuu)

Nah. Discussion on this is futile effort. Neither side will change opinions. Is either 3deep5u or haremshit. But, hey, fucking crabshitter, what should I expect?

>I can't take Arararagi seriously because he sounds like Shinji from Fate. (same seiyuu)
I can't take any role he plays seriously now because I just hear Araragi every time.

How do you ever watch new stuff? I mean I don´t imagine Kaiki being Lockon Stratos and Arara being faggot Tieria Erde Gundam MEISTERS. Well, now I do.

>Not Kou Ichinomiya AKA Recruit
Pleb.

>yet the girls pile on MC dicks with every new story arc
Examples? The 3 people who have loved RRG romantically are Hitagi, Nadeko and Hanekawa, and 2 of them loved him from the very start. None of the other 20+ characters introduced throughout the rest of the series love him romantically.

>all the conflict in the show is linked to the girl wanting to jump on the MC´s dick
This is a straight up lie. Did you actually watch the show?

If by something you mean a boner

You can make a pretty solid case for Shinobu too, but she's not exactly gunning for Araragi.