twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No one remembers this show

Third stage never.

The 1st opening was godlike.

i do, loved it.

i do, but just barely

something about combining robots and boobs

What's it about?

I remember great op, cg battles being nice. mc being a fag and getting punched in face, male voice on famale body and yuri pregnancy.

Men and women live on separate planets and each think the other are aliens. Theres also robots.

Meia and Barnette best girls. Jura a filthy slut, Dita annoying as all hell.

Is it a harem? The pic in the op makes it look like one.

Kinda

There's like only 2 love interest, and one got BTFO

>mc being a fag
There are not many other choices to be had with the entire planet populated mainly by manly muscle men.

But somehow the girls from lesbian planet were almost all dick hungry.

Can't beat the dick.

It's a romcom/space opera. It's pretty good.

Damn I'm going to have to rewatch this again. Good show, not really a harem and a half decent number of people act rationally.

Hence all the gay guys on Taraak.

Axnfag here. Shit was awesome. The episode where Bart shaved off his hair was 10/10.

And almost everybody made fun of him after that for being bald.

Women just don't understand.

It had pretty good Openings.

Shit I watched this when I was 11 and season 1's ED gave me a boner when I still didn't know what a boner was. I just knew that something felt weird and that I probably shouldn't watch it when my parents are around.

What the fuck is wrong with you

>getting punched in the face

Wasn't that because the guy with the monkey sidekick was trying to get some action with Dita and he was having none of it? Though hibiki has his moments where he is good.

I'm still mad at the rushed S2. So much potential ruined.

> cg battles being nice

They still look nice, which is amazing for a 2001 show

This. I'd completely forgotten about about it, but it's shit like this that turned me into a pervert.

The ED is pretty boner inducing

youtube.com/watch?v=r3okO3oMV54

Agreed, ED was extra lewd.

I liked how none of the main girls were terrible.

Yes, that was him.

What a travesty

Dita was mostly annoying. Jura was pureslut. Meia was best.

fuck you, Dita is perfect

She would be, if she wasn't so annoying.

Dita was curious and could be annoying but she was still my favorite.

That reminds me of another girl better than Dita.

Oh yeah, and she can cook properly too.

pretty sure nearly all of them can cook

best girl
best doujin

SMILE

Manliest character in the show.

Agreed.

Best ed

Meia is also superior to Dita.

Barnette is awesome. For a 26 episode anime, they sure didn't skip out on developing side characters.

Lies.

This. It was a dumber version of Nadesico.

Rewatch Prince of Darkness and say that to my face again buddy.

I can't forget how lewd this ED is. I don't even remember a thing about 2nd Stage ED.

I don't get why they decided to go full OW THE EDGE for the movie.

the time it came out would be my guess it was EDGE LORD or bust at that time.

>s2 with Ikki and his redheaded orbiter going on adventures in outer space and giving each other strength and warmth each night never
Yet here we are stuck with moeshit and unoriginal isekai garbage and meme genres. Oh well

How can there be so many best girls?

>yuri pregnancy
Wait, the mother lady was a lesbian?

it's the best and only decent kind of harem, where the MC doesn't retrospectively betray the winning girl to be by not giving a shit about any of the girls who contest for his dick to begin with

They're pretty much all lesbians to begin with.

>Meia

>she-sasuke
>best

They all were, with Dita at least being comfy although retarded and clumsy.

>she-sasuke
When she became evil and fucked everything because nobody understood her?

Reminder

>Sasuke's edge is defined by his actions during the second half of the second manga he was in
Keep pretending you don't understand what I meant.

They literally are from /u/ planet

>character had a shit life, doesn't open to many people because of it and has a strong grudge about something she doesn't understand
>Oh shit, she is a Sasuke
Sasuke wasn't even the first character to do that.

>Wait, the mother lady was a lesbian?
Isn't the entire premise of the show that men and women live in different planets and are at war? It's only natural that everyone would be gay

From back when most anime got a conclusive and satisfying ending. I LOVED the ending to Vandread. It was perfect.

I don't remember gays in the men's planet.

Wow, nostalgia hit me hard on this one. I think I may actually have both seasons somewhere.

They're manly gay. Episode 1 had two men casually making a baby like they're going out for a beer.

Bart also falls in love with a man

Let's be fair, it was a super convincing tranny.

I love this show growing up, but man, now i think of it, it's kinda weird.

>Earth harvesting human parts to ensure their longevity or something
>The reason why the elders split the planet between man and woman is so the Harvesters won't farm them or something
>Men make more men through cloning
>Women make more women through lab baby process. Which begs the question, where do they get their X chromosome or sperm?

I need to rewatch this show, am i?

youtube.com/watch?v=lm5o5JIbumQ

>The reason why the elders split the planet between man and woman is so the Harvesters won't farm them or something

The split was due to harvesting reproductive organs. The cloning/lab baby process is so that none of the first generations get harvested.

>Which begs the question, where do they get their X chromosome or sperm?

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sci/tech/1769356.stm

There were plans or at least an idea to make a sequel with Hibiki and Dita's daughter. There is an illustration of her if I remember right.

I didn't know about this.
Glad it didn't happen, would prefer if they continued where they left.

....is that Meia's kid? I didn't even notice the eye jewelry thing.

I do

Alright so was it the robot magic of them combining that got the women pregnant or did Hibiki have sex with them after defeating the aliens?

>yfw it used the sound effect for the romulan cloaking device from star trek

That weirded me the fuck out when someone pointed it out.

10 year old me didn't find anything lewd on the ED back then. But I did grew up into a baka hentai eventually. I guess the subliminal messaging succeed?

>subliminal
That wasn't subliminal at all

Did the 2 planets got together or did they remain separated? If I remembered correctly, they parted ways in the end right? I recalled the crew saying their goodbyes or something like that.

Yeah, but young me simply can't find anything boner inducing in the ED back then. Don't know why probably because TV back then was blurry. But I do remember wanting to waifu Meia. Odd.

Himegoto was boner-inducing

>AXN

my fucking nigger

They were doing things like cultural exchanges but they hadn't gone "wtf I love Mejaire/terak now"

also brown....

Yes. And Hibikis too, though through genetic science shit and not fucking iirc

Jura is the best

>mc being a fag and getting punched in face

He wasn't a fag just a manlet who got his ass kicked.

Why the hell wouldn't you want this to happen? The original Vandread plot wrapped up pretty nicely.

Also the nun is Hibiki and Meia's daughter.

>still not posting the OP

youtube.com/watch?v=kN9TD_Txy2k

I prefered the second season's OP. But my god, the OPs and EDs of this series is awesome.

So who the fuck is the girl at the very start?

Man that guitar riff was really popular in the 90s.

Pexis. Pexis a best girl

I had just dug out my dvds and began rewatching this. The CG certainly shows it age but they had the good sense to not mix it with the 2D stuff so it actually holds up pretty decently.

really needs an upscale release though.

Meia indeed best girl

Friendly reminder that the REAL military women are actually scary. Hell, even their society in general was evil. The men were right all along, women should've been exterminated.

Dubs confirm. Pexis should have won the Hibikibowl, she obviously loved him the moistest.

Pexi a slut. She had 1 boy, three girls and a penguin robot inside of her. At once.

>those numbers

Well, I suppose that our darling alien power source simply believes in free love for all. The Pexis is a huge glowing ball in the end.