Is this the peak of the Harem genre?

Is this the peak of the Harem genre?

It has its flaws, but since the harem genre never evolved past it and even today's harems are carbon-copies of it, yeah, I'd call it the peak.

Love hina literally killed anime forever

nice dubs

do you guys remember playing the Love Hina dating simulator on Newgrounds back in the day?

Nope, but I played the fan-translated GBA game.

Yeah, it sucks caus i wasn't able to read japanese.
Yes. The manga not this crappy anime.

It is 2017 and I am still fucking livid. I watched/read this before I knew best girl isn't meant to win in any series in any medium. Naru is a cunt.

Yeah. Fucking spending all the day at the onsen looking at the semi-naked sprites all day every day, then being shit at fighting for not training

Literally how to not do a harem series. The one good thing about it was the fetish fanservice.

There will never be another romcom as comfy as the middle part of Love Hina when Keitaro, Naru and Mutsumi are studying to retake the Todai exam.

I wanted Motoko, so I trained to fight like a bat out of hell.

who was best girl to you?

I liked Motoko even if, honestly, she wasn't that much better than Naru.

I got a think for martial arts chicks.

Not him, but my favorite was Mutsumi.

>Motoko

No, but I played the GBA dating sim.

Why was there a turtle?

>a classic in terms of tropes and cliches
>the childhood, who's also best girl, won
>still is Ken's best manga
Close enough.

Fifteen years later and Sup Forums is still mad that best girl won

I more or less agree with this, the manga has some amazing moments but it's so fucking ridiculous sometimes it's unbearable.

>Naru
>best girl
Said literally no one.

Same. Motoko.

I genuinely, unironically thought after her development that she was sure to win. Now I go around and either trash main girls or question the main girl's feelings.

Trolls do.

>every harem anime takes after love hina instead of taking after Tenchi

I'll never stop being fucking mad at that fucking hack akamatsu.

>consistently the most popular on average in official polls
Still mad indeed.

You mean Japanese ones that always put the main girl on top by default? All the posts pointing out what a shitty character she is over the decades don't lie.

Nah, Tenchi was peak harem. This shit literally had a girl for everyone. It had 3 different flavor lolis, 2 princesses, 2 cops, 2 catgirls, A science nerd, a goddess, a demon, a retard, a criminal, a fucking space ship, and so much more all packed into a small group of girls. And on top of that they still managed to build a compelling plot and lore.

Nisekoi and a ton other series proves you wrong.

Accept it. Your taste is shit.

>Nisekoi
>the series where Chitoge constantly got BTFO by both Marika and Onodera until the publishers decided to rig the last poll in order to force a Chitoge end that nobody really wanted
Good job proving my point.

Bad example. Nisekoi had samefag voters. Chitoge was always most popular and the last poll showed it after those samefag's votes weren't counted.

Nope.

>haremshit
>peak

Yeah, no. Even Negima was a better harem series than Love Hina because the harem shit didn't fucking matter. Harems are boring and stupid and I loathe the entire genre.

Tenchi Muyo and Love Hina are the peerless Godfathers of harem. They are also rare cases where best girls win.

>butthurt enough to be this delusional
The mad is real.

Oh right.

>Chitoge was always most popular
AHAHAHA
Japan hated the fuck out of her. Nisekoi discussion threads constantly referred to her as things like ゴリラ and 暴力ヒロイン while complaining about how generic the series was.

Nice samefag there.

>Tenchi Muyo
Mai nigga.

>being this mad and paranoid

I dunno, in the broader view, it feels like Tenchi is the inspiration for all 'supernatural' Harems, where it's a relatively ordinary guy thrust into a world of aliens, magic, etc. (complete with the main character being a bit more than just a paper thin self-insert)*

While Love Hina gave rise to the "real world" harems which tended to focus on more 'real' things, albeit highly exaggerated.

*because when I watch Tenchi and root for Tenchi and Ryoko, I am rooting for Tenchi himself, not some shallow, insulting reflection.

Who here is still mad about the TWGOK ending? Ayumi should've won.

>consistently top 5, usually top 3
>has one of most, if not the most fanart
Whatever you say.

Was the first official harem series urusei yatsura or was it just the first magical girlfriend series?

Any harem without a harem end is shit.

>author doesn't have the balls to pick a girl and disappoint large chunks of the audience: the ending
>good

Is there a single harem end that doesn't read like a bunch of indecisive shit?

You can't be this afraid to pick only one of the girls. Either you get one, or you get none.

Did Pride and Prejudice have the first Tsundere

>tenchi actually impregnated his entire harem
is tenchi the best harem mc?

>I told him to fuck the cabbit and he actually did it, the absolute madman.

Can you blame him? She's as hot as Ryoko with Sasami's temperament.

No
Until world's end harem came along this was the worst. Arguably still is because it invented everything wrong with harem as a genre.
We STILL get pussy indecisive MCs
We STILL get mentally ill violent main girls who win despite how awful they treat them MC
We STILL get anons who defend the above because of Stockholm Syndrome
We STILL get chapters/episodes dedicated to Misunderstandings and Drama instead of actual going on dates and building actual relationships

>We STILL get chapters/episodes dedicated to Misunderstandings and Drama instead of actual going on dates and building actual relationships

This is the worst shit.

Harems are complete shit meant only for retarded wish fulfillment. If they don't go all out and serve their purpose, why bother? Just read a normal romance that doesn't include a dozen girls whose only purpose is to stretch things out as long as possible

>Nisekoi
>Also Ranma
>All sorts of harems where the violent, bitchy tsundere cunt wins

You just proved that the shittiest girl always wins.

Why did all of those newgrounds dating sims have the girls be huge cunts that would murder you for anything?

Nah.
anime never

To bad it all went to shit with OVA3, and oh god, OVA4 is so bad. Its a 4 episode advertisement for Geminar and GXP.

That sounds like Love Hina to me.

They made Shinobu act like that too, though. That Galaxy Angel, and Evangelion flash dating sims did the same thing, as well.

Tenchi is tainted by Yosho fucking any pussy he could find, it's repulsive in a bad way.

I understand the series was based on Heian court's incestual practices, and Tenchi himself is a good guy, but the more I watched of the OVAs the more I hated it.

> because everything beyond OVA2 is pure garbage

I still watch Tenchi In Love and Tenchi In Love 2 every so often, and Universe when im feeling nostalgic.

It sucks, but nonetheless still holds a special place in my heart.

>moving goalposts
>thinking the main girl getting the most art means anything

Tenchi Muyo is the peak of the harem genre. Love Hina is the shittiest installment of said genre.

Patrician tastes, brothers.

She's basically worse than Naru in every way

They're made by Westerners who modeled their girls after Western women.

honestly, i'm not sure if I can recall any of the OVAs. But the thing that killed Tenchi for me was Tenchi in Tokyo, when they forced a normie tier cunt into the harem with no special reasoning or explanation. she was literally just there for normie school girls to self insert and compete with all these galaxy tier best girls

t. virgin

No, it's probably Haganai or maybe 2LR

But you're wrong, it's pic related.

ruined the harem genre for me

No, more like the decline thereof. Kanako a best.

The "bad" endings in that game were funny as fuck.

I followed the Lova hina manga as it came out in my country. I was around 10 or so at the time and had my mom buy them for me.

I wonder how disappointed she was.

Aikora is a great manga, much better in what it does compared to LoveHina. But it's not because of the story, the author is just SO GOOD. Almost every manga he created is, at the very least, pleasant to read.

This show is what got me into anime/manga back in the day. I was 12.

I still follow Akamatsu's stuff, guy's a hack and a troll but I enjoy his fanservice.

It's shit

>Is this the peak of the Harem genre?
No, this is.

No other harem series can top this.

>still is Ken's best manga
That's not "Itsudatte my Santa" you pleb

I understand Mutsumifags or Shinobufags but I will never understand you Motokofags...she was just a worse/more violent version of Naru with a shitty kendo gimmick/hime cut.

>Chitoge
>BTFO
>By Onodoormat
Kek what series did you read?

This shit jumped the shark so badly after the first half it's not even funny.

marika had almost every 2ch vote for years

Still mad about TWGOK, still mad about Love Hina, still mad about School Rumble. Harem series are not about the ending for me.

>We STILL get pussy indecisive MCs
Depending on the stakes it can sometimes be understandable. If each option has considerable downsides I can understand why someone would be wishy-washy.

With the example you listed, World's End Harem, there's literally no reason the guy doesn't bone everything in sight. Even if I loved someone, if I was one of the last males alive and humanity was dwindling that's tough shit.