WSJ TOC #31

Shounen Jump Issue 31:
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san (Cover, Lead CP)
One Piece
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Shokugeki no Souma (CP)
Hunter×Hunter
Boku no Hero Academia
Yakusoku no Neverland (CP)
Hinomaru Zumou
Haikyuu!!
Dr. Stone (CP)
Cross Account
Omoiyo Todoke〜Butsuri-teki Niwa Todokanai〜 (One Shot)
Gintama
Shoodan!
Spring Weapon Number One
Robot×Laserbeam
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Harapeko no Marie
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Black Clover (Absent)

Shounen Jump Issue 32:
Cover, Lead CP: Gintama
CP: Saiki Kusuo no Sainan, Boruto, Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=efnKIHbhP5E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pure ranked

01 One Piece c.865
02 Kimetsu c.061
03 Hero Academia c.137
04 Hinomaru c.144
05 Haikyu c.253
06 Gintama c.634
07 No.01 c.028
08 Robot c.008
09 Saiki c.243
10 Bokuben c.014
11 Marie c.011

Hunter is unranked because it was absent 8 issues ago.

Damn, kimetsu is on a roll.

*Reprint*
Shuumatsu no Harem Vol.1-2
Dragon Ball Super Vol.1-3
We Never Learn vol.1
Kimetsu no Yaiba vol.1-6

Interesting that WNL is getting a second reprint

>11 Marie c.011
Goodbye. When is it getting axed?

>Cross Account promoted over Shoodan!
>Spring Weapon still alive
>Hungry Marie in last place
>We Never Learn in second last
>Saiki in third last

So is your series basically always on life support if it's some sort of comedy or slice-of-life thing? And it always happens when they're good, seeing how shows that World's End Harem got another reprinting despite being shite.

At least the heavy hitters are getting the recognition they deserve, but seriously.

Also,
>last week's comments showed that Tabata-sensei was able to take a week off due to his asthma

At least Jump isn't actively trying to work their mangaka to death.

>Robot×Laserbeam
FUCKING RIP

It's really capitalized on the push it got around the spider arc, which was the first arc that was really done well, I think. It ramped things up even more with this last arc, and it keeps getting better. This isn't the kind of shonen to have a longass arc that really rockets it into relevance, i. e. Chunin Exams or Soul Society, so it'll be tougher to break into the same tier as the big boys, it'll have to keep ramping up over the course of several arcs. But so far, I think it's on its way there, things are going really well, let's hope it keeps it up

>No.01
translation never
>marie
author is gonna kill himself after the another failure known as beelzebub
>gintama
the longest worst arc in the series
>hero academia
villain continue to fail and every hero especially the harden guy get background story

I'm really glad for Kimetsu.

>08 Robot c. 008
>10 Bokuben c.014
>11 Marie c.011
World Trigger died for these.

I thought that's the kind of manga forever remain at mid rank. I'm really surprised.

Comedy is always less popular than action, so the comedies have lower standards for existing.

World Trigger's not dead, it's just in a coma

Where is Himouto Keitai-chan being promoted? That manga is the most shameless thing I've seen in a long time. Shoodan on the other hand is great.

Seems like yesterday it was hanging out in the Sumo club with Sesuji, Samon and Zumo.

The point is that world trigger should come back and take the place of these shitty series.

isn't kimetsu top rank last week?

That it was. OP was absent though, so it wasn't the cleanest win it could get. Still, it was its first top rank, and that's quite something

I think so, but I was just saying it felt like that. It actually grew out of the 30k sales range last year.

It's higher in the table of contents. More people will read it first.

Saiki is always down.

I swear you retards keep making up new shit every thread as if it's some kind of problem.

It's a gag manga, of course it's not first place.

reminder

Has a gag manga ever made first place?

these are both shueisha maybe they wanted a shonen version of this cliched bs to go along with the seinen version

What the fuck is this?

Yeah that was my point. Seeing that this series is trying to be a fellow kid by inserting as many meme series elements into it, what's next? Is he going to get trucked and wake up in another world? Is he going to go back 10 years in the past to get cucked?

>10 Bokuben c.014

Fuck, hope they only axe 2 series this time so it can live.

>Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san (Cover, Lead CP)

Poll Results!!

>SW#1 is above Saiki again

Cross Account is bad, but not even in a fun retarded way like U19, just in an irritating way that makes me want to call the author and tell him to shut up.

LIVE MARIE

LIVEEEEEEEEE

Depends on what you considering AssClass.

Marie is trash.

>Cross Account
I can accept a series having zero originality, but when a series is unoriginal AND is not in anyway fun, its just fucking cancer

I hope someone picks up Shudan soon, it's cute as fuck.

World Trigger's author is sick.

Jump isn't stopping it coming back.

Different user, wouldn't consider it a gag series because even when it was funny, the main reason to read it was for the narrative, not to laugh. It also did some janky proselytizing about hard work, which I don't believe "belongs" in a gag series.
I also don't consider it very good any more, but that's a different issue.

People are still reading it? The manga kinda dropped off. It's also only being scanlated whenever JB feels like it instead of regularly.

>10 Bokuben c.014
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE A KISS THIS EARLY IN A FUCKING ROMCOM, ESPECIALLY WITH THE LEAST POPULAR GIRL

You go up one rank from the previous chapter?

I want Togashi to kill more series

Average rank of past 8 weeks

01.77 One Piece
02.83 Hero Academia
03.04 Neverland
03.08 Kimetsu
04.29 Haikyu
04.66 Black Clover
06.11 Dr.Stone
06.12 Yuna
06.27 Soma
06.42 Hinomaru
08.29 Gintama
08.60 Saiki
09.33 Robot
09.48 Samon
10.13 No.01
10.36 Bokuben
12.70 Marie
13.35 Poro
13.94 U19

You gotta be fucking joking me

Average excluding ended series

01.77 One Piece
02.83 Hero Academia
03.03 Neverland
03.10 Kimetsu
04.14 Haikyu
04.67 Black Clover
06.09 Yuna
06.15 Dr.Stone
06.22 Soma
06.48 Hinomaru
08.13 Gintama
08.33 Saiki
08.62 Robot
09.87 No.01
10.01 Bokuben
11.99 Marie

Why is Jump so bad

Wut black clover now rank 6

Well, HxH isn't likely to be around for more than ten chapters, so that's one series right there. Though there is an outside chance he'll do 20 chapters instead of 10.

>Though there is an outside chance he'll do 20 chapters instead of 10.
Nice joke.

Yuuna there is reminding me a lot of old Lala.

Yuuna poll results anyone?

Well they're both genki and "happy" characters even if Yuuna has more of a depressed side because of the mystery around how she became a ghost.

Unless those reprint sales are really good, it'll need at least one of the new series(hopefully Cross Account), if not both, to crash and burn to survive.

It's happened before, back in 2010 when he got sick of doing 10 chapters, taking a few months to half a year off, then doing another 10 chapters, and instead opted to do 20 chapters and take a year off. But after the way 2014 and 2016 went, I highly doubt he'll do it again. Hence why I say it's an outside chance.

I never thought it would be possible for me to actually have some appreciation for umaru-chan, but here we are.

>U19
>Poro
>dead
>Marie is next
Top kek, I'm glad my stone age niggas are doing good while this trash gets axed.

>hopefully Cross Account
Cross Account is so trash it either becomes a success because of its cliche low common denominator plot appeals to a large amount of people who simply don't know any better; or it desrvedly crashes and burn for being so insultingly bad.

>02.83 Hero Academia
>03.03 Neverland
>03.10 Kimetsu
>04.67 Black Clover
Thank fuck Black Clover isn't beating these anymore

Friendly reminder than the new Dragon Quest gets released in just one month

How well do dedicated romcoms usually rank? How well did Nisekoi do on average. From what I understand everything that isn't a battle/action/adventure or whatever manga gets -5 in the ranks by default.

I recently started reading Black Clover to see if it was as shit as everybody said. I really tried to give it a chance. Holy fuck was it bad. I will never understand why people think the power of friendship makes for compelling reading.

He'll do at least 10 chapters. He wants at least one volume ready to publish so he can take another year off, and have something ready to hit stores when he comes back.

>Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
>Harapeko no Marie
RIP

>Robot×Laserbeam
Fujimaki better start bringing back not!Aomine in the fray if he wants to prolong his stay.

It took forever for Sesuji to get picked up, but I still want to believe.

It's so fucking tedious. It has some decent moments but it's totally unfocused and the story is deathly boring.

It's impossible to believe any of the characters in that series are friends, they just meet and a few pages later asta declares they're friends for no real reason

Pretty much. This leads to the removal of consequences; there is no way that the MC will have any of his friends die. Even most of the bad guys end up good. The power of friendship will always prevail. Such garbage.

It's like if you read Naruto and One Piece and simplified them even further. Even comes with the good old anti-magic in a setting about magic MC

The entire series is just a combination of the worst cliches from other popular battle shounen. There's not a single remotely original thing about it.

You also have to add in Bleach with all of last minute power ups and transformations that ultimately mean nothing.

>all of this hating on black clover
This guy will redeem the series. Just wait.

Is that Kakashi?

He's someone who will hopefully tell the power of friendship to fuck off. Neat design as well.

I like their clothes.

Really hoping Tabata teams up with a good writer for his next work. I almost want to read Black Clover for the art. Almost.

I noticed that despite all the shit talk about Black Clover, the Yami guy is always praised. Does it mean that there are some interesting characters?

Black Clover does have some nonshit characters. It's just the overarching plot is completely fucking ruined by the MC. Black Clover would be so much better if Asta ended up dying.

I second this.
Asta is such a shitty MC.

In the history of Jump? Yeah, no doubt. Some of their biggest hits are gag series like Dr. Slump or Harenchi Gakuen so no doubt they ranked first at least a few times.
Recently? That I don't remember but I can't see why that wouldn't be the case.

Dr. Slump a lot of times, I don't know about others.

This is how most characters go in Black Clover. At first, they seem interesting and full of life. They have complex personalities with decent powers and fascinating motivations. Then, they meet Asta. All of a sudden, Asta becomes their main source of inspiration and reason for getting up in the morning. Everything they accomplish is because of Asta and friendship. As a result of this newly found friendship, they will never die. All they need to do is wait for Asta to save the day. This process then repeats for the rest of the manga.

Christ that really does sound like everything wrong with shounen manga.
picked up, I need to see this shit for myself

I wish we could get Yuuna poll results earlier than usual, but I guess we didn't for BnHA either, when that happened.

wew

Am I being retarded or does Marie have 3 legs in the volume cover?

2 looks like it's part of her upper thigh.

Two is just part of her left thigh.

oh I see, so I was a retard after all

I don't know user...It looks weird and uncomfortable.

It feels like Tamura has kind of given up on Marie, this cover has a lot less effort put into it than the first chapter's color pages. Can hardly blame him since he's stuck in limbo where Marie will obviously be cancelled soon, but he still has to draw it until the next round comes.

>tfw HxH will never appear in your list

O MY MAGIC BOOK?

He himself admitted that he forgot how intense the weekly schedule is, when you do your first color spread, you haven't started the weekly pace yet...when you do the cover for your tankobon, you are working like mad to keep your series from tanking completely...obviously the tank cover won't be extravagant

prediction for next round
hunter goes hiatus, marie gets cancelled, cross account gets cancelled

Is that enough room? How many did they introduce during Neverland's round? I remember Love Rush, Demon's Plan I don't even know if that one was ironically good like U19, and Amalgam. Actually Banba's was there too right? I don't even remember what it was called.

Kinnikuman and Slump were king of the ranks back in the day

Jungle King Tar-chan also got first place enough times to get an anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=efnKIHbhP5E

>10 Bokuben c.014
>*Reprint*
>We Never Learn vol.1

So bokuben is the new samon, feeding on axed series' souls.

Demon's Plan and Golazo were a few months after Neverland

Amalgam, Spring Weapon, Love Rush and Neverland were around the same time

Gintama