Flashback to back 2006: Haruhi was one off the biggest shows on the planet...

Flashback to back 2006: Haruhi was one off the biggest shows on the planet, everyone wanted Aya Hirano to be their waifu, and Yamakan was going to be the next big anime director.

... What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BSlrDWgF4yI/
may.2chan.net/b/res/493239926.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Haruhi bubble exploded. It was overrated to begin with. Endless eight being adapted the way it was was the final nail.

inb4 bassist

>It was overrated to begin with
Unbelievers shouldn't be allowed to talk.

Endless Eight adaptation was a fucking masterpiece. Way better than the LN.

Tanigawa stopped writing books, Kadokawa stopped caring about the franchise (beyond some basic milking through pachinko etc).

>>Everyone wanted Aya Hirano to be their waifu.
Aya Hirano BECAME everyone's waifu.

Except for the bassman

It was k.

Let's be honest: there wasn't many good quality shows back then. Not good writing or good overall. Just good QUALITY production. It was also simple enough for normalfags to pick up. As a result it became the face of anime; anime clubs and "diehard" fans grew in number because of it.

Then Haruhi stuff stopped coming out, so most normalfags jumped onto the next trendy entry level series.

why does she sit like that?

>there wasn't many good quality shows
2006 and 2007 was two of the best years for anime.

People got upset that Hirano Aya fucked some people and Yamakan turned out to be an egotistical fuckwit.

maybe her butt hurts

Maybe I fucked her onii-chan fucked her in the ass raw last night

This not being the default Haruhi is the biggest mistake the franchise ever made.

yellow jews

Read again.
>Not good writing or good overall. Just good QUALITY production.
Haruhi was much easier on the eyes and overall more pleasant to look at than most. Paired with its relatively simple setting and premise and it makes it a good entry for newfags.

Why should any of that shit matter?

B-b-but he turned HER down.

Guy's married

Why didn't she fuck the bassist though?

instagram.com/p/BSlrDWgF4yI/

If a new book came out tomorrow the hype would be unreal.
Tanigawa is just taking his time. You have to believe, user.

Do they still do that dance at cons?

Kill yourself

It doesn't, really. But otaku get their knickers in a twist over all manner of shit that doesn't matter.

I see no problem

Otakus are cancerous autists. They snap once someone decides to fuck

Endless Eight scared the casuals off, the sex scandal happened, Tanigawa ran out of words, and then it was simply a matter of old anime fans drifting away and new ones coming in.

>bubble
It'd be going strong if the writer wasn't a lazy asshole.

Nani ka okashii...

You don't. And she probably didn't either. But the bassist did.

So the light novel never ended?

The current big arc ended, but there are still some ongoing subplots and directions for the series. Tanigawa said it wasn't over, but he hasn't done shit since then.

>... What happened?
The bassist didn't score

But jokes aside, I'm sad that she lost so much popularity. Her work was really nice. And now that I'm listening to some of her Haruhi songs, I get all nostalgic, they're super catchy. I actually thought they were rather generic back then and that I would get annoyed by them eventually, but to my own surprise, I can still listen to them.

Was disappearance a big hit? I don't know. It was better than the series but lacked the wackiness that made it so popular

>Was disappearance a big hit?
Pretty huge.

It's obviously not true. Disappearance was released after the E8 and it was still really big.

Did she fuck them all in one go or was it an alternate type of thing?

One of the best movies over the past 10 years

>tfw I will enver experience 2006 Sup Forums again

Why even live?

See I don't get this. Shokotan talks about sex but she doesn't get shit from her fans and she's still doing well. Why are some idols immune to this rule?

Don't try to make sense out of idol otakus. They don't work under logic, that's why they're so cancerous

Don't worry, instead of the old times you have Boruto, SnK and KF generals now

Because sometimes all it takes is a lone autist sending some death threats for everyone to go into full DELETE mode in Japan.

2009 was even better

A multitude of problems all coalesced into a dead series.

>Endless Eight pissed everyone off
>The Aya Hirano 'scandel' happened. Her comments towards otakus didn't help.
>Tanigawa stopped writing
>Because of this Kadokawa has no reason to licence more anime because theres no new LNs to promote
>Kyoani stopped adapting outside series'

None of these actually matter anymore besides Tanigawa. Hirano is still voicing stuff, even Haruhi herself. People still rememeber Haruhi fondly, Disappearance was a msterpiece. But no books, no show. That's all.

>And now we can go back to season 1 reruns
Fuck, that's too accurate

You forgot the last nails on the coffin

>pachinko
>pic related

Those are just funny awful things that happened. Not something that'd block a season 3. Never say never though, 2017 is full of bizarre against all odds revivals. Maybe someday Haruhi will get hers.

I just hope its soon enough to keep the old cast and Kyoani welcomes it back.

They fucked the fanbase though. But it's Trump's year, so maybe Haruhi will come back somehow.

>I just hope its soon enough to keep the old cast and Kyoani welcomes it back.
Plot twist: it's an alternate universe with out all the weird stuff and all female characters are in a band for no reason.

>They fucked the fanbase though.
Considering there is a metric ton of autists in this thread defending Haruhi like it ever was not cancer, they didn't fuck it hard enough.

The fanbase is dormant but the loves still there imo. You only have to see every single christmas when the website starts doing its annual disappearance thing and everyone wakes up to lose their minds about season 3 before going back to sleep. Until next year.

A real Haruhi revival would be huge I think. Easy nostalgia play.

>LITERALLY "stop liking what I don't like"
>calls other people autistic

He didn't want used goods

Yes, but if you notice, the hope has dwindled. Remember that Haruhi hunting? Non stop threads for weeks. Pretty crazy.

Nowadays, it's just "hey I guess we're not getting anything this year either".

But thats because Haruhi Hunting was a real event that got everyones hopes up. Theres nothing actively going on right now to warrant constant threads and hopeful hype. If anything, Haruhi Hunting proves the interest is there. They just have to, yknow. Do something.

You will never experience any anime discussion type site in 2006 ever again, with Haruhi all over the place.

>any year
>being triggered by an objectively superior opinions

>any year especially 2017
>he calls other people "triggered" while resorting to the objectivity meme to validate his opinions because he's too insecure otherwise

Don't forget the bassist.

And then new Code Geass comes out and Haruhifags will be smug about their beloved maggot-ridden corpse not getting some hot cash-grab sequel action.

>triggered
The summer is strong with this one

Normalfags

In all seriousness though, it's a shame to see Aya's career falter like that. She was my original idol and it hurts to see that most Japanese fans have abandoned her. Well, at least she's still singing, unlike my current idol.

Let me guess, next you're going to call user a cuck or a normie next.

Futaba has an Aya Hirano thread going right now
may.2chan.net/b/res/493239926.htm
Just started. She's still pretty popular, more so than your average 2006-era VA.

>I-i-t's not like I'm butthurt or anything...baka
How does it feel to be a cuck, normie?

It's like pottery.

I'm pretty sure user was being ironic, at least I hope he was.

Maximum brain power

Meanwhile, Fate which had its first anime adaptation around the same time is now a ridiculously huge franchise.

>Meanwhile, Fate which had its first anime adaptation around the same time is now a ridiculously huge franchise.
And nothing of value was gained.

Yeah I agree, but thats not what I asked. I havent felt the franchise's presence for 5 years other than random threads

I dont know user

>It was overrated to begin with

>What happened?
This:
>Haruhi was one off the biggest shows on the planet
Haruhi ruined anime.

No

Shoko is a trash idol. She's not goddess-tier like AKB48 or Aya was at the time.

She still does bigname stuff though. She voiced Migi in Parasyte for example.

>that explosion of hype when Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody suddenly aired without warning
Newfags will never experience this.

To suffer. You're not going to leave everyone else to do it alone, are you?

Yes she does, but that 'scandal' still hit her career hard

>>trash idol

You are now aware that long-hair Haruhi was the default in Melancholy --- until Kyon opened his mouth in Episode 1.

Snippety snip, snippety snap, off they came.

Still no smile until later.

There's the rebroadcast going on right now weekly on NHK. If anything when it ends they could do snowy mountain or something.

Yeah. Once you lose the support of the crazies it's all downhill.

Enjoy your dirty slut waifu.

GRRM will release his next book before we get more Haruhi.

Blame yourself for letting the Nagato spin off bomb

It's pretty obvious she did it on purpose. Right before this happened, she proceeded to talk shit about her fans and call them disgusting. She also made preparations to resign from her agency.

Haruhi sort of ruined anime in retrosepct by showing that the idol playbook can in fact be run EXACTLY for anime (instead of stuff like eva or macross that just drew some parts from it)

The fact that there was a separate CD for every single character in this series singing songs from it (inducing that girl that sets up the ant episode that gets maybe 5 lines) and that shit actually made money really signaled the end days because it started this fatal spiral of shows with absolutely no substance or value still making money because of merch/cute girls and how cheap they were to make.

Haruhi itself was really well made as an adaption, especially in its direction, but instead of learning to make more series with that sort of quality instead people just saw easy money.

I already forget my Haruhi timeline, but shouldn't Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru come first?

The fact that I can still find a new Haruhi thread everyday says something that the series will probably come back one day.

Might not be any time soon but people just aren't showing any signs of forgetting about Haruhi.

Nips squat a lot so they even squat on ordinary chairs.

Depends. Snowy Mountain would be the biggest deal and if they're just doing a quick OVA would be the right choice, but I think it's Melancholy -> Love at first sight -> Snowy Mountain.

>tfw Kyun and Haruhi didn't get together