Gunslinger Girl

I finished reading this and now i am sad and don't know what to do.
Henrietta was my favourite and i wanted her to be happy
Anyone else know my feels?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7D2VMCSmJ2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=64TGYX4od-E
youtube.com/watch?v=iOo-Kjl_M88
youtube.com/watch?v=mAEPs2PvyrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-Hn5fcdz1-I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No user. You are the only person on Earth who has a waifu that died a sad death.

I didn't think of her as a waifu

What do i do to make the pain go away

> What do i do to make the pain go away
You watch cgdct

oh shit my fucking nigga GSG thread fuck yeah
on that note yeah Henrietta is (was?) my daughteru
it was rough

We share the same feel
Maybe the twin suicide was the best thing for her. There probably wasn't anyway she could have led a happy life. But that thought just makes me even sadder

I wish non of it had ever happened to her

Triela is my sisuter
I really wanted her to be happy...

>triela got her happy end
>but both she and hillshire ends up dying
Just kill me ;_;

Best girl, best story, best handler.
;_;

they were all dying or might as well have been dead to begin with anyways
at least killing terrorists and saving the world was something

i thought its cute girls do cute(?) thing
it isnt ;_;

no its cute girls suffering then dying

>cute girls
sweet wonderful girls

What the fuck, what do you mean she died?

oh god what

I'm so sorry user

Everyone dies but Rico and Claes, if I remember right

So how did Rico manage to live so long when she should have been reaching the end of her lifespan around the same time as the other cyborgs?

You're right
Rico is our hope

It's been 6 years, man.

What do you think?

youtube.com/watch?v=7D2VMCSmJ2Q

youtube.com/watch?v=64TGYX4od-E

The manga ended like 5 years ago, the time flies and I'm still here

All the other die because they are killed in action

Last bump

Why did the creator have to kill them all? Do you think its just because he's a big stupid jerk?

I want to hold the girls and tell them everything will be alright and care for them
I also wish non of the bad stuff ever happened to them before and after joining the agency

they were destined to die from the start
did you think it was going to be any different

After reading it i couldnt really think of a possible happy ending
But when i was reading it i wasn't trying to guess the ending so it came as a shock

where the fuck is the good art this series deserves
why the fuck isn't this popular

As he said it was the only logical conclusion. If he had magic handwaved the whole situation away and the last chapter was them all sitting around eating cake it would have been total shit.

If every story had a happy ending there wouldnt be a point to making stories.

manga >>>> adaptation, but it does get points for having this fucking killer opening that tragically I cannot find in hd
youtube.com/watch?v=iOo-Kjl_M88

> it would have been total shit.
As someone who likes sad stories i would have preferred the bullshit ending in this isntance

>ywn track down terrorists with your daughteru
>ywn kick down doors with her and slay them by the dozens
>ywn hug her and take her out to ice cream afterwards as reward for a job well done as she smiles and could not be happier than she is in that moment
why

Rico dies eventually, too, doesn't she? Jean keeps a photo of her on his desk, presumably in memoriam.

Well, she became a mother. Even in death.

She does but not in combat like the rest

Do you like pasta?

What volume does the anime reach?

I think the anime was an excellent adaption (the first season at least, didn't watch the second). I prefer the manga because it contains the complete story whereas the anime is just a fraction, but if the entire manga was animated as well as season 1 I'd have no complaints.

volume 15
its 100 chapters
chapters are between 20 and 40 pages

>had the least amount of conditioning thus felt most pain of them all
>snuff film past
>got stabbed at least billion times while deadlocked in combat with Pinocchio, shot another billion times throughout the story
>still fucking dies at the end
I too, enjoyed Welcome to Suffering: The Manga

It was stupid that they had her eggs and could give her a daughter.
Otherwise it was great. Glad that best girl survived.

you kidding
that was like the one little happy thing about the ending

>you watch shit
no thanks

2nd generation cyborgs were a mistake

>Henrietta will never attempt to murder a waiter to protect you

reminder that the 1st season is perfect

Rico, Claes and that redhead slut all seem to have died a peaceful death at the end of their service lives.

For Rico Jeanne probably became less of a faggot near the end of her service life and treated her more like a little girl buying her frilly dresses and shit. He now keeps that cute picture on his desk.

The slut probably got to bang her gigolo handler and do some more faggy dancing before the end.

Claes probably went peacefully with the support of the medical team that stood up for her in the end.

Everyone else died pretty violently. Some 2pac live by the gun die by the gun theme?

More like:
>ywn have a little sister die tragically and then seek a cyborg replacement who will an hero with you

-Enrica = Italian version of Henrietta.
-Deck her out in imouto's clothes.
-Set up her up in dead imouto's room.
-Do all the same past times (stargazing, opera etc.)
-Buy her more shit

Hallucination or not, it's no wonder why his ghost imouto would be really fucking pissed. It's not subtle in anyway that Henrietta really is the replacement.

Angelica also died a peaceful death at the end of her service life.
Henrietta and Triela were the only major gunslinger girls with bloody endings.

It was interesting how every pair had a completely different relationship.

Lots of supporting girls had bloody deaths and honestly you did grow to care a bit about them. I recall Elsa, Beatrice and Sylvie. Didn't have much on Sylvie though just getting taken out by a claymore is fucking brutal.

What chapter is it were Henrietta goes to the opera?

found it
chapter 57

I wanted to look away but I just couldn't

The manga its better in a lot of ways but both anime seasons had a great soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=mAEPs2PvyrQ

youtube.com/watch?v=-Hn5fcdz1-I

Nice to see a thread, I'm about to start watching GSG, downloaded both seasons and the "DVD specials" which apparently have 7 episodes.

Hope this will be better than Jormungand which ruined with Season 2, apparently this is the same from what I've heard.

One of my all time favorites, I like how it didn't shy down from anything and told a competent story. It's something that rarely happens.

I want to see Henrietta and Enrica catfight with each other and call Jose a two-timing scumbag. Both have major brocons for different reasons.

Angelica ;_;
Season 2 has character designs that are more faithful to the manga, but in return the animation is far worse, and the audio design just turns terrible.

>Season 2 has character designs that are more faithful to the manga
they make them way to kawaii/sexy in season 2

Yes, but that's how it was in the manga.
Speaking of, I loved how you could see the art improvement of Aida from the first volume to the last few volumes.

I think the overdid the generic kawaiiness in season 2
I want to hold Henriettas hand and tell her it will all be okey and hug her, then send her back in time before the psycho killed her family and hurt her and kill him myself

Usually loli+guns concept only backfires.But surprisingly Gunslinger Girl managed to be good manga.When nips draw gun-related stuff they usually include chuuni shits too much(Jormungand,Black Lagoon).I dare to say GSG is the most watchable military-manga to date.But ending was underwhelming at best.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I found the anime superior in every way to the manga. Not only did it have the amazing soundtrack, but it also stopped at just the right point. GSG always worked best as a tragic SoL, and in the manga after anime finished, there was too much plot, which distracted from the subtlety the series was best at. GSG is exactly the kind of manga that did not need a 'final boss' character, or a 'big final battle'. Going out quietly, peacefully like the anime did was the best possible ending.

For the record, I haven't seen the second season, and have no desire to. The first anime stands on its own really damn well.

Which ending, chapter 99 or chapter 100?

If GSG were like any generic Manga,it would be a story about defected fratello running away from The Agency.But GSG was different.Girls fought till the bitter end,fully knowing they will eventually perish.Typical manga would have had a scene where Triela crying over her past in exaggerated anime-fashion and Hilshire promising Triela that he would protect her till the end.But this manga described their relationship and fate with overall dry tone that somehow story of genetically-modified-loli-cyborg and her handler felt sincere and realistic.Truly a masterpiece to me.

The epilogue.I think GSG didn't need a reminder that Triela's life had meaningful impact to the world.Even if Fratellos would be eventually forgotten like the shadow war they fought.That doesn't mean their life and fights were in vain.I thought this message was clear in manga.Why Aida added useless episode?

Are there any Italian anons here? How accurate was Aida's portrayal of Italy?

yeah that was pretty unnecessary. I thought the rest up until that point was pretty good though

Coud Pinocchio and Triela been good friends if not for their circumstances?

Watch Leon the Professional to remedy your emptiness

>1 months' salary to keep him quiet

Damn, that's a nice bribe. I don't remember ever seeing euros on my chinese cartoons.

Why is she wearing leg armor all the time?

Oh shit wrong thread,sorry.

Pinocchio is too much of a loner knife autist.
Triela is pretty extroverted, at least when compared to the other GSG's.

Wasn't their agency and the girls super secret?
Letting that guy go could be a security risk.

Is that the CIA kid?

No, Pinocchio was just trained by an alcoholic ex-CIA hitman.

A girl having martial arts training doesn't mean she's a secret government assassin.

The super strength that enables a little girl to subdue a grown man might be harder to explain, but who's going to believe him?

The only time Section 9 actually protected its existence was when Claes's handler tried leaking its existence to the media.