Is it actually any good?

Is it actually any good?
Worth watching?
Have heard some positive things, but kinda unsure, so thought i'd ask here.

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/4z9z7q
sakugabooru.com/post?tags=little_witch_academia
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

7/10

Care to elaborate?

poal.me/4z9z7q
It is a fun, yay filled adventure.

I was about to say that exact number. It's genuinely above average. It's missing things that make it stellar, but it's amusing and does have heart.

Its good but it has some weak episodes
Though I heard its better if you marathon it since those weak episodes wont feel as much as a drag

It's an enjoyable watch. Sometimes I feel like it forgets what it is, but only for a few episodes. Constantine making a literal giant Mecha in a show about cute traditional witches, and the final threat being a literal ballistic missile All in all I was glad I watched it.

I love the characters, the setting, and the general atmosphere of the show, but the plot is fairly weak and suffers from pacing problems. Personally I wish they had just kept it as a fun episodic show like in the first cour. I still enjoyed it as a whole though

is this as epic as Kill la Kill ?

1/3 of the episodes could have been cut.
The ending was one of the best I have seen in recent memory and was hype as fuck.
Solid 8.5/10. Give it a watch.

It's enjoyable. It has its low points and I wish they explored more of the side characters, but overall it's incredibly fun and hits it right when it wants to.

witches flying on roombas

is a solid 7/10, 8/10 if you like the style

8/10 definitely worth a watch even with a few weak episodes and some pacing issues

If you haven't seen the OVAs watch them afterwards because they are amazing and the series doesn't quite measure up

It has its flaws and it's not perfect but it's damn fun and enjoyable when it hits the notes right. Also, cute witches.

Solid 6/10. 7fags are lying.

Lots of lovely characters and episodes, but completely lack of use of those characters most of the time because it focuses too much on Akko.
Some episodes are really fucking good, most of them are alright and a couple of them are legit bad.
It promises a plot in the first episode, then it goes SoL for an entire cour, and THEN they start moving foward the plot. It's not a very good plot, but the SoL episode weren't great SoL either one third of the time. Lots of stupid or dropped plot points too.
Some revelations near the end as well as the ending make it worth it.

This is the best opinion you will get in this thread.

it's an okay series with a couple of really good high points and a couple really unforgivably terrible points, another couple of so-so episodes, and the rest being either average, passable, or a handful of pretty good but not super outstanding episodes

it makes me want tv diana in the ovas

>it makes me want tv diana in the ovas
terrible opinion
They flattened Diana's character way too much in the tv anime to make her the ideal japanese woman instead of Dracomione.

It's just genuine fun. You'll be entertained throughout most of the series, but don't expect the plot to blow your mind.

your face is a terrible opinion and that's why you're still a virgin and i'm not

lwa tv could have benefited from junichi's planning and direction talent

Agreed. I'm somewhere around an 8/10.

I think the pacing was kinda bad and the art was low effort, especially compared to the OVAs. But I also have a soft spot for TRIGGER/Gainax.

I was simultaneously not super invested in the story, but also I got chills during the hype moments with the main theme song. It's a weird feeling.

I agree with this user.
The show is full of charming character and the world built around them is nice and interesting, but it fails to make really good use of it which is a shame.
I feel like it would have worked better if instead of a series they made a trilogy of movies or just more ovas.

It's alright.

Anyone doing a comfy marathon this weekend when it comes out on Netflix? With friends? Family?

The only problem I had with the final boss is that it didn't completely transform into a magical form, just kept going back into its misile form.
Lets say, had they turned it into a giant serpent that circled the globe would have given it the "global threat" status and justified the total overkill that was using the Shiny Ballista powered by the triskelion magic.

does magical form always have to be some kind of animal

like will we have an evil zebra form for a magical monster

It was alright, but it felt like it they couldn't decide whether they wanted something episodic or something overarching. They also didn't actually do a lot with some of the characters.

I'd say it's worth a watch, but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece.

>I feel like it would have worked better if instead of a series they made a trilogy of movies or just more ovas.
A better planned series of OVAs would have probably made it better, if they're as well planned as the two OVAs.
They have these little things called "Spotlighting Characters", and "Using Themes", and "Telling us about the magic world".

She is still Hermione, though. She just lost all the Draco other than the status.

I have a little brother who's kinda interested in animes, so I'm going to watch the Netflix release with him.

>"Using Themes"
if they wanted to go full westaboo, they should have been "using themes" that coincide with themes in american cartoons such as "don't do drugs" "beware of strangers (especially ones that lure you with candy)" and "stay in school"

so remember to drink your teeth, brush your dog, don't do school, walk the sleep, and get 8 hours of drugs

Was thinking of making my little cousins watch it since they are coming over for the weekend. They endured Spirited Away so I'm sure they will like the LWA ovas.
On the other hand I feel guilty for introducing such innocent and young human beings to anime.

oh, and i forgot

sailor moon says! teehee!

Enchanted Parade was only good for the animation. I found the good episodes of the TV show much better. The TV show has stronger themes (tradition vs modernity, talent vs will, not letting go of the feelings that gave you dreams in your childhood) it doesn't use them as effectively as it could and the only characters represented by those themes are Akko, Diana, Chariot and Croix.

I know, that's what upsets me. She's just Hermione. I like the mix of the two because it made her prideful about her magical heritage enough to be mean to students who don't take magic seriously, ashamed of herself for being secretly immature in her own eyes, yet surprisingly well intentioned and responsible about the safety of other students. The potential of her growth is more interesting because of these aspects.

TV Diana is just a sad waifu who learns to yay.

Yo can I get five (5) facts on this witch?

>literal giant mecha
>literal
>literal
>literal
>literal
>literal
Fuck off and die you retard

STOP RIGHT THERE

>but it doesn't use them*

TV Diana has almost all of those traits. The trait she doesn't share with OVA Diana is her meanness since she is a lot more well-intentioned and her shame is driven rather about forgetting her childhood dreams than about having them in the first place.

Completed chart where?

i felt like enchanted parade was hard to stomach outside the animation, but kinda felt like the same old crap just with three people instead of one, like, oh, i haven't seen a trio form finisher attack in like, magic knight rayearth or some other magical girl anime, albeit in lower quality art and/or animation, and it's a boring monster with a simple purpose

i think, though, that i would have given it higher points if lotte punhed akko

>tfw I forgot to force a shitty meme in the LWA threads before the show ended

IMPOSSIBLE

I thought it was supposed to be oroboros, but its hard to tell.

Its kinda disappointing after the two OVAs, but some episodes are pretty good.

I swear officer! She said it was only for practice!

I get what you mean, but I still feel that Diana felt some resentment over Akko getting the rod and not her. It's noticeable when she's bringing the Words and the GT up before leaving in ep19.

9/10

Easily the best anime in the last few years.

She was jealous and she said so herself, but she wouldn't have tried to steal the Shiny Rod. Diana is too much of a nice girl for that.

You can still stop now, and only show Ghibli any time they are over. The will think they are disney movies as long as you haven't been downloading subbed.
Its still possible theres time.

>The trait she doesn't share with OVA Diana is her meanness
which makes her previous traits not as interesting
the interesting part is how those traits make her mean

why does someone have to be mean to be anything? i'm a fucking asshole to everybody here but i'm not interesting because of that

Not this weekend, just while me and my friends are all drunk.
Netflix isn't going straight to dubs, is it?

I always thought she was just above stealing the rod or at least she thought her family matters are more important than pursuing a childhood dream. Getting upstaged by Akko during Samhain probably contributed to this and she probably gave up the thought of becoming like Chariot then.

Gotcha

Nah, I'm sure it'll have Japanese audio with subs.

>Netflix isn't going straight to dubs, is it?
If its like the ova, it will have both dub and sub option you fucking normalfag

In the end, Akko and Diana did upstage Chariot TOGETHER.

It'll have both day 1.
I hope there's a LatAm dub personally, but I don't know if any of their exclusive series have any other dub other that jap/eng

If you want to see a cake with an amazing body then yes.

Because unlike you, she will develop. And her development would be more palpable.

feels good to have been on the shiny duo wagon and be right about it, unlike those less perceptive fags in denial who argued that diana and akko weren't to complement each other

I feel like episode 24 needs more Pixy.

But either way it's 10/10

not really, i developed inside your mom's backstory quite nicely

Why is she so sexual? Why did they give her such a plump rump that I want to hump and pump with my bump?

I want to see Barb when she's 20, imagine the rump then desu. Bet Hannah even uses it for a pillow at times.

hannah you're the cutest

She looks more lewd than Barbara.

The cutest toes!

hopefully the cutest tummy, if she ever shows it
outward lewd inward secret romantic

Crossing my fingers for a LWA doujin by Shiori. She just draws them all so well.

She can bully you with her toes while Barb uses her butt.

Like this pic, she looks like she's in bliss.

Of all the witches, I always find it hard to fit Hannah with anyone. Kind of weird how they paired her up with Jasminika in the epilogue, but I guess it works.

She's probably thinking of eating Barbara that's why she's enjoying it.
I can only see her with Diana or Barbara.

That, my friend, is called "pair the spares". It's the reason why Sucy/Lotte was ever a thing as much as I like the aesthetics of the ship.

Better then any moeshit this season.
Even though it is moeshit

compare the detail of the way she (and barbara) are drawn in the first few episodes with the way she's drawn in the later episodes, like at the last leg of race, they all of a sudden started caring about drawing her to look nicer instead of like a simple shaped cat eyed girl

I suspect Shiori. She seems to really like blue team a lot.

Is a sandwich made by Diana with her own hands, that's why she's enjoying it so much.

Her expression is priceless.

So you're saying she'd enjoy it more knowing it's made by Diana instead of wanting to have Barb as a meal?

>ending was one of the be-
don't listen to this guy

>It promises a plot in the first episode, then it goes SoL for an entire cour, and THEN they start moving foward the plot.
>Some revelations near the end as well as the ending make it worth it.

Reminds me of KLK, except replace SoL with battle tournaments. Trigger should stick to 1-cour anime and tighten up their writing.

can't blame her, blue team has all the cuties

rest of blue and all of purple need to have stronger presence

Shiori is 100% going to turn into LWA's Sushio.

If that entails a constant stream of Diana/Blue team/Diakko, then I'm happy.

Did Avery become gay as well after hanging out with Barb and Hannah?

>sakugabooru.com/post?tags=little_witch_academia

Can somebody find out which animator did what cut in the final episode? I'm really interested.

>sakugabooru
go away faggot we don't need your sjw shit here

Nah. Let's have a team where no one is gay for once.

Hannah was always thirsty for Diana but released her loneliness with Barbara.
But now that Barbara has Lotte and Diana has Akko, what does Hannah get? She deserves better than a non-character like Jasminka. I'm sad.

The biggest mistake they did was to add the "real world" and technology. It kinda ruined the experience for me
Though characters 10/10 story 7/10

You know there was some real world and technology in the OVAs, right? You should give them a rewatch.

She gets a whale who'll probably make her fat as well. We must protect Hannah Sup Forums

sorry but purple team are all gay for each other.

The twist is that in every team, there's at least one gay witch. They just don't tell the other members who it is.

It's Avery desu! Look at her lewd face she's always got.

but who gets to be the center of the sandwich?

>there's at least one gay witch. They just don't tell the other members who it is.
>Akko: I hope it's Lotte, she's cute.

Mary 100%. Just look at her face any time she shows up. It's clear she just wants to be smothered in love and affection and she has Avery and Blair to do it.

Its not bad, but i would put it on the lower echelon of its gender. The only real problem i have with it is that it simply is not as cute as it should be, sometimes i have the impression that if they were to change the genders of the characters not much would change.