What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturenews/11365399/Shaun-the-Sheep-Japans-most-popular-import.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Too many threads.

everything

Toei took liberties in the story which railroaded the manga into have to somehow work around those liberties.

modern animation and terrible storytelling

Even GT holds up better

your mom

It's a continuation of Dragon Ball Z, there was no hope from the start.

Same issue with Naruto, the creators just won't let it die.

The Black arc. The first two arcs were shitty movie arcs and the U6 arc was meh. The Black arc was THE arc that could have saved Super. It started off pretty good, the mystery was great. Rose was great. The Zero Ningen Plan was great. Black and Zamasu's teamwork was great. But it shat the bed in the ending. Black asspulls a super scythe that can create clones, Vegito turned into a jobber, Zamasu forcing himself to become stronger and it actually works, Trunks pulling the sword straight out his ass, and Zeno deleting everything turning Trunks into a complete failure. Trunks didn't deserve it.

It exists

The Black Arc might have worked better if it were the first arc instead of the two movie arcs.

they killed black
also zamasu got black killed cuz hes pathetic

IT ISN'T OVER YET

Why does Super even exist?

Cash grab.

If I were to be brutally honest, there isn't anything wrong with the series that wasn't already inherently present. The second half the Dragonball series and the DBZ series had some very similar, if not exact inconsistencies, asspulls, and pacing issues. The big difference with DBS is that the overwhelming majority of the old-guard fan base are adults now, so the flaws that we might have ignored, overlooked, or tolerated are far more noticeable.

It's a shame really that most people won't acknowledge that being the main problem with DBS. And don't get me wrong, I love the Dragonball series since I started watching it at like 5 years old. That doesn't mean that I haven't noticed it's glaringly obvious problems as time passes.

Recolors
Terrible character designs
Terrible animation
Terrible writing
Complete flanderization of all the characters
Nothing of consequence is allowed to happen

All of the arcs have basically ended in failure. Goku lost to the god of destruction and only survived because he showed them mercy, frieza blew up the planet which would have been bye bye if not for whis, he couldn't beat hit convincing in the u6 tournament, and zeno had to finish off zamusu. Not to mention the whole multiple universes ending tournament is the fault of Goku.

It just seems like despite the extreme power boost the heroes are looking more and more incompetent as time goes along. I'm still enjoying it, but I wonder how people who are new to the series could possibly like it without knowing why certain moments are so hype or important, little details like vegeta being stronger than goku for a little while would only be have an impact on people who are already familiar with their past.

What exactly DIDN'T go wrong?

>Bad pacing.
>Filler.
>Bad animation budget.
>Brain damaged Goku.
>Pointless characters.
>Goku is to blame for all of it.

this desu

Toei.

Super is only for money some times the animation is around average but usually they its very bad if not extremly plus they dont even include the shit that made dragon ball and dbz its a complete shit show

Akira Toriyama once again mostly lost his interest after Resurrection 'F'

/Thread

>GT holds up better

Yea no, super with all its asspulls,characters suddenly being stronger cause the story demands it and boring fillers is still years of filler shit away from reaching the planet of feces that is GT.

The band-wagon of hate, super is llitera trash you retard.

Gt had one good arc and as of now super only has a eh arc so we shall see how the universal tournament goes but im not that excited since they are gonna give up on all the characters right after especially gohan

Take your retarded opinion and slam it back in your ass where it belongs, super is trash, but calling gt trash would be an insult to all trash in the world, maybe its just barely comparable to your sad existence.

too many filler episodes, slow releasing manga

GT managed to kill Dragonball for a decade in Japan. It's not persecution complex or anything like that, it was a genuinely unappealing show.

But filler episode are the best part desu

The baseball episode was atrocious

Believe or not, it's one of the most popular shows in Japan right now.

The TV Ratings for episode 93 of DB for example.
1. Sazae - 11.3%
2. Crayon Shin-chan - 8.7%
3. Doraemon - 7.3%
4. Chibi Maruko-chan - 7.1%
5. One Piece - 6.2%
6. Dragon Ball Super - 5.6%
7. Detective Conan - 5.2%
8. Go! Go! Chuggington - 3.3%
9. Shaun the sheep - 3.0%
10. My Hero Academia - 3.0%
>BNH got BTFO by Shaun the sheep.
That's always going to be hilarious.

torikoshit happen

>9. Shaun the sheep - 3.0%
>10. My Hero Academia - 3.0%

I don't even know how to react to this... its simply beautiful.

It's still doing pretty okay considering every other anime on the list is extremely long-running series.

you mean modern toei animation

>Shaun the sheep - 3.0%
>My Hero Academia - 3.0%
>3.0%

Did you look at the actual ratings?

>GT managed to kill Dragonball for a decade in Japan
Except that's not true since GT performed better than Super

With GT you at least had the excuse Toriyama wasn't working on it.

With Super you don't.

>stop motion show of a sheep still got above BNH Academia best moment.

I mean, Shaun is mostly always on the list. BNHA in his best moment still got on place number 10.

>An international hit show that's been on TV for a decade tied with a new shounen property
Are you done being stupid now?

Do you know what Shaun the Sheep is or are you just shitposting like a fucking idiot? Its not just some random import from Britain.

>3.0 > 3.0

Am I missing something?

I think it's more simple. Kids simply prefer Shaun the sheep.

Just as kids prefer Doraemon, Conan, One Piece and Shin-chan to Super.

Not my problem Shaun the sheep is more popular. Which is understandable.
But that's true. It also helps like you mentioned they are established franchises. Toei air time for DBS is aimed for kids.

telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturenews/11365399/Shaun-the-Sheep-Japans-most-popular-import.html

>It also helps like you mentioned they are established franchises
Shaun the Sheep is an established franchise. Its been airing in Japan for 10 years.

>lazy recolors
>bad animation
>shit writing
>Freeza comes back again and again
>making broly a girl
>pandering to waifufags
Everything.

That's kind of the vibe I'm getting too. Despite everyone talking about how awesomely strong Goku is with SSB, he's done nothing but job to every antagonist who isn't built to be fodder, and we're five arcs deep right now.

Although, now that I think of it, the only major fights that he's won without any help throughout the entire DB series was against Tao Pai Pai (rematch after losing), King Piccolo (rematch after losing), Piccolo Jr., and Frieza on Namek.

If that's true, then how is Super approaching twice the number of episodes that GT had, with no signs of slowing down? I'm sure GT started off really strong, but there's a reason that they went back to the Z-style action format after a while, and then ultimately rushed to the end.

Not continued with ssj5

>If that's true, then how is Super approaching twice the number of episodes that GT had, with no signs of slowing down?
Because its first year was just rehashing the movies.

I think it's a great good show.

Which still means it did better. You can't dismiss it just because it was movie plots.

GT wishes it had any sort of plot

>Which still means it did better.
No? Ratings and sales wise GT performed better. Super by itself didn't start doing good until last year when they finally started doing new shit, ever since the Tournament of Power started sales and ratings went up with Dokan Battle being one of the highest selling games from last year.

Sure, buddy. I'm sure it is.

Way too much for me to enjoy it