you said there would be CITY

It's licensed, give up.

>solo
>want to release shit fast
>tfw a perfectionist
kill me

what mango

unlesw you're doing sfx too, I don't see the problem

Guys Haruka's been down for a couple days and even nips on 2ch are panicking, is it ded for good? Please don't die, I can't into chink secret clubs.

Shoujo manga where half the text bubbles are patterned and they change fonts like 120 times.

I was told that there would be CITY

Waiting on the TL.

where is the TL
who is the TL
I will find them

Who is the TL?
I will murder them to spite

Why does Akemi-rager haunt these threadS?

We got the BookWalker DRM removal yet?
I just hope they don't start exclusive manga releases.

The spot healing brush is pretty fucking nifty.

Want to know what's really frightening? He constantly talks to himself in pruned threads on desuarchive. In some cases, for upwards of 500 posts.

But, this isn't a topic for a scanlation thread. This post and your post should be deleted.

you're better off cloning those examples

It's tedious because then you need to line up the cloned sample so it fits the part of the pattern around the text you're trying to erase.

Bokutachi ga Yarimashita. Shit's good, man. Can't wait til I hit Volume 4 and the scans literally double in quality.

Since there is no paste in the OP...

My last system's PSU literally shorted and fried everything in it, including all my hard disks and only sparing my SSD. Fortunately, I am paranoid enough that I have all my scanning and PSDs backed up in two other locations, but ALL my fonts for Photoshop are lost. I can't even remember all the ones I used in my last project, but it was based upon some copypasta image.

Has anyone gone an made a pack of fonts?

Set it to "Replace".

Not him, but while "Content Aware" is usually best, "Proximity Match" can do wonders for cleaning where "Content Aware" will try to incorporate unwanted details.

When dealing with page sizes, do you bother keeping both width and height consistent between all pages, or do you just go with one of the two dimensions, having the other be whatever?

I'd rather have it be consistent desu

Only one of them needs to be, if you try for both you either have to be anal about cropping at the possible expense of quality or stretch the image in some way.

For my scans, I usually stick for standard height, with varying width. I also apply a downscale of 600dpi, so the difference is negligible at that level.

I dislike distorting the portions of the image if possible, and I already crop them to the pixel at 1200dpi as it is.

Had a shitload of manga to work on yesterday so I can do some stuff today.

Standard height is better.

please
At least post the font recommendation image again

Were they AnonBlack's font guides?
prettyanonymo.us/index.php/scanlation-resources/

Was it something like this user?

Does this apply as a good scan?

it'd be fine after adjusting the levels and cropping/rotating a bit.

Anyone picking up Kaguya?
Will it be shitty or decent Viz? They seem hit and miss

There's interest for at least one group. Dunno about others. It's gonna be an Sup Forumsnonymous release though as agreed with both parties, if we decided to do it next week.

Viz's release delay is their most bothersome part.

I'd be on that shit, if Viz didn't DMCA up the ass.

>being bored
>Offers help to some groups
>Suddenly tons of pages to redraw, and 4 volumes behind the translation

What mangos you doing friendo

Spanish scanlation of Ballroom, Tsugumono, and barakamon

Noooo kjaskjaskjaksjkaskajs

>tfw finally good enough at japanese to translate
feels good

That's nice and all, Timmy, but make sure you're good at English too. I fucking hate having to make sense out of the translator's scripts, fixing their grammar, lack of punctuation or even typos.

>fuck a japanese girl
>learn jap via osmosis
>everyone thinks you're a faggot because you speak like a girl

This is a pretty common thing according to my Japanese professors.

You should start reading and watching more materials with manly dialogue.

I kind of speak like a faggot in English too so nothing new for me.

Redrawing this

Why are scanlation uploads such a clusterfuck?
None of them use the same method.
One group will do the first few chapters then drop it and someone else will pick it up. The first scanlator's webpage will disappear with the download links. So you have to rip them from the host that they uploaded to but none of them offer straight downloads so you have to write srcips to grab all the pages.

That manga got too absurd for me when the slut killed her grandson with a handjob.

It's so damn blurry.

Thanks

Since no one else has done it, here is a collection of all those fonts mentioned:
my.mixtape.moe/gbvzzl.7z

Please keep it alive.

>prettyanonymo.us/index.php/scanlation-resources/
Appreciate it. I could definitely stand to try and vary fonts a bit more myself.

>autism intensifies

whoops, not sure why that's there

What's the best way to make ePub and PDF files? I want to put together some LN translations to.

Does anyone have anything good font-wise for those handwritten characters in smaller bubbles/to the sides of bubbles? I usually use augie or A Safe Place to Fall, but it never looks quite right.

Has anyone ever used a tablet/scanned their own hand writing to put into those types of bubbles. I feel like it could add some charm.

Do you know html/css? That's all epub is.

>expecting legible penmanship in 2017
I don't think I've handwritten anything in 5 years besides my name/address on applications and stuff.

What's worse? A translatorfag who needs constant proofreading on his lines because they sound too awkward or a translatorfag who gives you an incoherent script? Because I hate both.

Oh and I hate translatorfags who dont release the work after a month and doesn't give a reason why.

For anyone that runs as a one-man team, what's your workflow like? For translating I have text documents with an English script, Japanese script (important because I'm not fluent and need like 6 sites to piece together kanji and make the translations not retarded, etc), quick reference for names and places, and TL notes on hand. Then I have all the pages for the current chapter one in GIMP to work through.

>Lowercase font in official manga
So it wasn't a meme after all, companies do commit such atrocities.

Sounds easy enough, it's just text and inserting a few pictures.

>6 sites to piece together kanji
What? Just use kanjitomo.
I'm not so sure you should be translating if you suck that much at it.

The ones who get mad at you for trying to turn their illegible script into readable english and act like it's your fault that exclamatory yells are incorrect after typesetting.

Just pick one and be consistent. There's a lot of KG fonts.
If I did that no one could read it.

Fakku does it all the time. Ideally, if anything is handwritten in the original manga, it should be handwritten in the translation as well. Unless you have lousy penmanship.

>important because I'm not fluent and need like 6 sites to piece together kanji and make the translations not retarded
Please don't translate.

Or just use manga where kanji always has hiragana besides it.

Poor exaggeration/explanation on my part. It's one for the kanji and others for sound fx reference, dictionary, and dialect reference.

It's called furigana, okay dude?

Fucking hate how people expect handwritten stuff now. Fuck you I don't want a tablet and I always had chicken scratch. I liked it back when we just had to manipulate the fonts. The game changed and I'm pissed

Are you able to read and understand the manga unaided?

I'm not a translator, other user knows what I meant.

>Fuck you I don't want a tablet
yfw paper is no longer a thing

>expect
Do they now? I don't really know that they care too much. But in hentai, handwriting really saves you a lot of time with all the moans and sfx, I think.

Ah, noted... I usualy ctrl+z and strike it a few times until it stops pulling those random bits from elsewhere, haha.

I usually write out a script because I occasionally get TS help. I'll go straight to English for maybe 85%, and transcribe the Japanese for the rest that I either am not confident on my rendering or think I'll change my mind on my initial English attempt. I find I rewrite a lot (still) because I tend to be more literal first pass.

I generally rotate and level, text clean and then typeset in batches because, again, if I get help I can offload a whole chapter at some complete stage of processing.

And you're making your life more difficult if you are typesetting in GIMP, it's text handling is even worse than PS, which really isn't great at it. I really wish there was something better for lettering.

Kanjitomo isn't a silver bullet, it is biased towards looking for jukugo using jouyou kanji and will stubbornly insist on an incorrect match 10%-20% of the time depending on the scan quailty and how complex the character is.

>people expect handwritten stuff now
Who are these people exactly? If anything the average standard of scanlation is going down daily, EOPs eat up any shit by faggots like niggerstream/jamini these days and still defend them.

>EOPs eat up any shit by faggots like niggerstream/jamini these days
Are we really going to pretend 00s scanlation had high qualitystandards?

Standards were low, but then went up with groups like redhawk in the late 00's, now we're sliding back down the curve.

The graph really helps, thanks.

But Niggerstream were only, what, a year behind Redhawk? And they very quickly became the go-to for most people because they were faster, and that's all most people have ever cared about.

>but in hentai
That's what I mostly do.

>who are these people exactly?
Other editors who say "Oh just handwrite it" whenever I ask if my typeset is okay for certain moans or screams.

i was commissioned to translate some trashy manga from three years ago for approximately 300 USD

I just checked the latest releases on sadpanda and it's pretty clear that most of them don't have any handwriting at all. So you should only care about what works best for you.

Also just stumbled upon the latest CGrascal masterpiece, full of spotty bubbles and shitty redraws.
exhentai.org/g/1090016/2c257cc02f/

What manga was it?

Are Seven Seas and Vertical the only English Manga companies that don't DMCA and let the scanlation groups do their things since they license series based on series liked in this sphere of things?

>they license series based on series liked in this sphere
Don't they all do that?

RemoveYourMediaLLC does remove plenty of stuff allegedly on behalf of Seven Seas.

I checked it out, holy shit you weren't cleaning.
>anime ace
>shitty cleaned bubbles
>shitty cloning

You'd think that after 10+ years of doing this shit he'd learn a thing or two.

Every single one of his releases is like that. It is sort of admirable in a weird way, that somebody can go on scanlating for so long without any hint of improvement.

Do you organize your typefaces for main text bubbles? Is there a decent way of doing it? I'm finding myself going through each one one-by-one, just to see if the type either matches the art, and it takes a while.

>old dogs
>new tricks
>ever
Might as well ask why Coalgirls/Chihiro never learned how to encode, or why the GTO guy still can't typeset properly.

>doing fansubbing/scanlating for 10+ years
>implying it doesn't require massive amounts of autism and a lack of logic

How long before OCR and language software with computer-learning makes all of us obsolete?

He did. He learned that he'd never have to expend any extra effort and could continue to get paid for shitting out terrible work.

Only few editors handwrite their stuff. iirc there're some in ATF, and Dame Ningen also.