Captain Earth

I thought you guys said this was shit?
>thematically heavy on HOPE, OPTIMISM, and TRUST
>consistently amazing action and animation with great shot composition
>that subtle way of storytelling that lets you piece together what happened without overbearing exposition
>superb main cast with consistent good development
>great antagonists
>that 10/10 finale
I can't believe I listened to you guys and put it off. That was the best mecha I've seen in years.

It's pretty fun
Would have been a lot better without salty dog Shit

It was a nice watch, good on you to watch it yourself.

I thought they were a decent addition. It was a nice shake up from the standard Kill-T-Gang attacks yet avoided being a threat to the point of rivaling the main antagonists.

I still can't believe this guy straight up turned around and started to believe in the protagonists instead of Salty Dog, citing his family. I thought he'd just be one of those shitty one off executive villain types.

Man, its been years since its airing as you can see from my image, remind me how he turned around? I think he got blown the fuck out and pretty much a harmless threat near the end. His yamakan design is pretty dope though. The guy had some "what the fuck is he doing" moments, pic related.

It's not shit, it's pretty fun. If you know Enokido, you know what you're getting into. There's some great episodes (mostly focused on the Planetary Gears) and terrific animation.
Sadly the pacing is fucked, the plot meanders at time and the ending is rushed as hell. There's just too many thing crammed in the story, too many antagonists (Salty Dog is a waste of episodes despite evil Yamakan).

But it's not shit.
People calling it shit should watch Eureka Seven AO. Or Comet Lucifer. Oh boy.

He was "Pointer", the one who kidnapped Hana while the idol started knocking down debris into the space station. He says the Daichi doesn't have the guts to shoot Teppei to save the space station but once Daichi proves him wrong, he believes that Daichi could actually defeat Kill-T-Gang and says that he doesn't want the world his family lives in to die so he hands over Hana.

This is an evil alien leader in Japan.

That's a cute Nanodesu

Don't be tricked. She is after your libido.

So many stuff I've forgotten, a rewatch might be nice but I still have some lingering "boring" episodes memories inside stopping me further. The idol kill t gang alien design is MUH DICK though.Whats the ending again? They died right?

The story was ten times more convoluted it had any need to be and I didn't understand what happened. And they never fucking released that instrumental version of Hana's theme that plays during that beach scene. Fuck.

I don't remember a damn thing that.

>HOPE OPTIMISM TRUST
IT'S ALMOST LIKE THIS IS A SHOUNEN WITH MECHA!

I think they survived by phasing out into a different dimension using the Livlaster like Teppei did. You can see the human personification of Daichi's Livlaster behind them in that scene.

>The story was ten times more convoluted it had any need to be and I didn't understand what happened.
This is actually one of the simplest Enokido show. Try Melody of Oblivion if you want to see true madness.

Delicious brown main heroine.

Hana a cute

hmm. I remember watching the first episode and thought it was okay.
no idea why I stopped watching

Built for breeding

Watching this while it was airing you couldn't escape the fact that the story development wasn't very good and the ending was rushed.

Also I had different expectations from the first few episodes and the trailers, than what the final product turned out to be.

Watching a series as it airs, with a week long hiatus between episodes, gives you an entirely different experience compared to watching it as a whole.

I was let down by it at the time. I would never call it shit, though.

Take some evil alien idol boobs.

>Sits next to Daichi while he sleeps
>Daichi wakes up
>Both of them DONT freak out
>Daichi is alpha enough to make a move on her
She was great and so was Daichi

I can only remember the tragic OTP, thirsty maaya and based Puck.

One of the best kisses in anime. Sadly forgotten.

Pick your poison.

Captain Earth is a confused, badly written, deeply compromised show, but I'll grant you it's not a soulless one

>thematically heavy on HOPE, OPTIMISM, and TRUST
>superb main cast with consistent good development
>great antagonists
>subtle way of storytelling

I thought it was pretty straightforward and everything made sense except for the solar flare shit, but I do wish Teppei's dad wasn't just written off and came back. He seemed like a really cool guy.

OP, you're a fucking animation whore whose sucking off a shit series because it's pretty.

it was fun

Best girl right there.

I too enjoyed this OP, Stardriver was still superior though

I liked Stardriver until the threesome ending. Even a more open ending would have been fine but honestly portraying the main heroine being a slut in a sympathetic light kind of threw me off.

I held hope, optimism, and had trust this anime would be good, but after 17 episodes I had to drop it. I'm never trusting Bones again after this & E7:AO.

The animation is not even good. Just because it got hand drawn mecha doesn't make it automatically good. The robot fight is only standing still and shooting laser beam ffs.

Threesome ending my ass
It ended without her picking one guy

Felt like she gave up on choosing rather than an open ending.
It doesn't help that her fiance felt like a huge cuck the entire show, even if he had his reasons.
The whole thing was just fucked up and felt like an overwinded justification for the main heroine to get double dicked without being confronted with a choice between the two.

I thought it was fun, but could also have stood to cut the villain team by about half. Pic related, I am indeed interested in her avatar's body but I could not tell you the first thing about her motivations or personality. All I remember is that she was a stressed-out idol before she awakened.

She said she liked them both and that was it really. Can't be more open than that

And yeah he was a cuck. Even more painful when he went for the kiss but she refused, even though she kissed the MC

She's an attention-whore. That's how she coped with her loneliness growing up.
I thought the only villain that really needed more development was motorcycle chick. She didn't really have a bad life and just wanted to go faster.

I thought it was pretty interesting how the Kill-T-Gang group foiled the main cast pretty nicely thematically. They don't feel hope because they live forever, and they don't trust or rely on each other which led to a lot of their losses.

True, you could say that was pretty open. To me she choose the "third" option of not choosing at all was a pretty closed ending. I don't think she had any intention of choosing in the immediate future.
All in all still a great show, but I just wish she would have choose one of them in the end.

Thinking back on it now, it seems the message of the show is to have ambitions and goals bigger than yourself. We have "ego" blocks and "libido" as well as "consumption" of said libido as if it were a food, not to mention Pac banging all the cute office ladies and you could gain an ego block if you had the "desire". The immortal figures in the show embrace a more hedonistic lifestyle because they live forever.
Conversely, the good guys all worked for something greater themselves, such as the team, their families, or Earth as a whole. The Ark Faction focused on immortalizing themselves, so thematically that's why they failed.

There's also when Kill-T-Gang give up their ego, they taste the pleasures of hope and ambition and were able to move on from their shitty avatar lives.

I barely remember the show, but I remember being really boring most of the time. I'm not sure why I watched it. Maybe I was desperate for mechs?

Pac/pack hijacking the stoic president guy was a cunt move.I was hoping he could fuck the girls himself later.Fuck puck/pac/pack.

Salty Dog was shitty and they could have done more in the full size robots, but I really liked it. Great characters and some great interactions between them, not to mention those sweet hand drawn mech battles in the city.

It was okay.

These 2 episodes were great because, well, there were 2 of them for 1 character and Bugbear was quite a cool guy.

CE had 24 episodes and yet had less substance than most of 13 episode series.
Shame that they also didn't do more with Albion. He could have went "super mode" too with his dick gun. I kinda expected that after loosing his mecha he would use gun and the little robot as a new core for his old "body" and thus show that by accepting the past and moving towards future you can gain much more, reach even greater heights.

Fucking this. People forget how good all of the characters were. The whole surrogate family thing was done nice as well. That's undervalued.