Nanoha Reflection spoilers

twitter.com/HccvJPE8Dk/status/888693719788015616

>New Nanoha movie is 90% fights. Has three giants robots and loads of smaller ones. Ends on cliffhanger just as they confront a new enemy.

>Pre-show stage was nothing much. Tomatsu once showed up for recording with a torn blouse worn the wrong way on (she didn't notice until it was pointed out to her) and Mizuki Nana once showed up with a transparent skirt and flesh-coloured inner which "looked erotic". Hikasa mentioned how Nanoha has been going on since before she became a VA and how her first audition was for Strikers.

>I don't remember the first PSP game's story and never cleared the second but the story seems mostly original and just using the characters. Takes place after A's and before Strikers so not parallel stuff like the games (Reinforce 1 is still dead)

>Nanoha, Hayate and Vita now have beam cannons. Not their usual stuff transforming but straight up beam cannons. Nanoha also has two shield funnels though they're kind of just there and don't do anything cool.

>Decent action throughout but the film unfortunately never comes ANYWHERE close to the best parts of the previous movies. Especially noticeable given how the first Nanoha VS Fate (training) fight is in the same sunken city as in their showdown in the first movie. Of course this is only the first half of one story so they're probably saving good stuff for later. Unimpressive SLB though.

>There is some actual bloodshed this time, albeit of to no consequence.

Fights are:
Nanoha VS Fate (training)
Iris (controlling robots) VS Hayate with Amitie joining later
Kirie VS Fate and Nanoha with Amitie late
Nanoha VS Stern
Fate VS Levi
Hayate VS Dearche (cut short, draw)
Chrono and mooks jobbing
Amitie, Kirie, Fate, Hayate and mooks jobbing to Yuri and Iris; Movie ends when Nanoha shows up

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BdFL5JZCWG0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Hikasa mentioned how Nanoha has been going on since before she became a VA and how her first audition was for Strikers.
Did she mention who she auditioned for?

>TE's into Nanoha
Now that's a name that I didn't expect to see here.

No.

retarded blue fate clone

>New Nanoha movie is 90% fights
I'm okay with this I guess. I already expected the animation to be worse than the first two but as long as it's still decent then I can enjoy this.

new girl 1

new girl 2

All the robots were CG, but the character animation was pretty good.

parents

So, she's the evil one after all?

She was the "surprise" bad guy in the movie, but given how they revealed the world destroying book's identity, neither will stay bad in the second movie.

>Iris pretends to be an AI but is actually a human who stuck her consciousness in a computer. She has some history with Yuri. She says Yuri is a world-destroying monster who killed everyone dear to her and her goal is revenge. She wants Dearche and pals to kill Yuri But ALSO wants to take control of Yuri and force her to destroy the world which will supposedly make her very sad or something. (The movie ends before anything is really revealed)

>fang

How similar is it to GoD? Is it the same plot but with Iris added?

That's a big Strike Cannon

>Yuri
>new

And desu, them losing to Yuri is kind of expected anyway.

>giant robots
>beam cannons

Literally fuck off Tsuzuki.

Are Amita and Kyrie still robots? Or are they saving that twist for the next movie?

>Iris Adult mode

>Ends on cliffhanger
O-oh.

Still looking forward to it but cliffhangers are not fun at all.

I suppose this confirms the two movies are one big story rather than two separate stories like I originally thought. Alright, I guess.

What did you expect from a movie that was announced as two parts?

For them to be standalone stories, maybe with some crossover between each other, but perfectly enjoyable as their own separate things. Probably born from the fact that I won't be able to watch them until the BD.

It is disappointing that this is not the case, but don't get me wrong this isn't a sort of dealbreaker or anything, I'm absolutely sure I'll still enjoy the movie. I was just expecting something else, is all.

There's going to be some screenings in October in the US, so you can also wait until then.

>giving noncharacters the most generic parents

This is a waste

>She wants Dearche and pals to kill Yuri But ALSO wants to take control of Yuri and force her to destroy the world which will supposedly make her very sad or something.

That's pretty fucked up heh

>no mention of Yukarin appearing
>no Yukarin single

I'm worried now

>they will never get a chance to shine

Who do you think is voicing Nanoha, user

I imagine KR is still butthurt about her leaving and bans her from events and promoting a song with the movie.

Arisa and Suzuka's parents? Is this the first time we see them? I'm pretty sure this is the first time we actually see them.

>Reflection didn't go full crazy and have them gain their Innocent powers and start tearing shit up, and Detonation most likely won't either
So much for that idea.

Not even fanfics care about those two's parents.

Well no shit. It's just worrisome to me that she has nothing else going on outside of acting her role.

They're only the second biggest assholes right after Avex so I see it happening. I kind of hoped she'd actually make a musical comeback after her little breakdown but perhaps she's tired of performing and shit.

>Well no shit. It's just worrisome to me that she has nothing else going on outside of acting her role.
Oh, that's what you meant. I don't really see it as cause for alarm, Yukarin being Yukarin and all.

She's singinmg a song I think.

One of the trailers had a song by her

They are piloting mechas now? What?

The Nanoha experience feels incomplete without her single to accompany Nana's and her pandering during events.

Really? Maybe I missed that particular one.

She's into mecha girls like fuck, why would you think she ISN'T into Nanoha?

Which trailer? As far as I remember, the only songs played in the trailers were Silent Bible and Destiny's Prelude, both of which are Nana's.

Do the devices get lines? Is Bardiche's actor still around? This is all that matters.

youtube.com/watch?v=BdFL5JZCWG0

I watched the movie too. My favourite fight was Kirie single-handedly defeating Nanoha, Fate and Hayate, stealing the book and shooting her Onee-chan, basically all by herself. She really is the best girl. My least favourite part was the shitty transformation sequences, complete letdown after how good the other movies' were.

senpai is looking good

My wife Fuuka looks so cute as Nanoha

>Nanoha losing
I hate this.

>spoilers about all the cool things that happened in the movie
>nobody mentions if GET SET happened or not
Fucking nips

So

Levi is the coolest!

Donna Burke tweeted "Standby Ready"
I assume they talk.

They get a couple short lines I guess, nothing of importance.

Um I'm assuming that's from the PSP game? I'm pretty sure they cut it.

>Levi
>got dumber over the years
>only got cuter

Fantastic.

>My favourite fight was Kirie single-handedly defeating Nanoha, Fate and Hayate, stealing the book and shooting her Onee-chan, basically all by herself.

There has to be limits to this level of jobbing

Are the devices themselves still relevant or have they been completely undermined by Force bullshit weapons?

>implying they won't beat the shit out of Kyrie in Detonation

Yeah, I can't believe he's still buttmad at how good the last Nanoha thread was since he didn't post in it either.

Her cuteness is breathtaking

Do the Materials remain enemies during the whole movie? Because I'm seeing one battle getting cut short in the OP and that's the battle I wanted to see the most.

>Hayate VS Dearche (cut short, draw)
Damn. I want to see this and a concluded rematch.

Nope, Kirie was undefeated right up until getting betrayed by her AI friend and then she joins Nanoha's side. So she's never getting beaten up by Nanoha, which is obvious since she's clearly much stronger than them anyway, given how easily she defeated them.

They still use the devices. But Nanoha and Fate themselves weren't really that relevant, the central focus of the movie was easily on the new characters, they got the most screentime and all the plot and development, Nanoha and friends were just there to lose the book and then have a fight with Dearche's knights.

They don't even appear until like 2/3 of the way through.

Here's some non-spoilers that I've gleamed from discussion about it.

The movie is short, only about 80 mins compared to 2nd being 145. It's closer to getting half of a single movie this year and another half next year.

A number of people are complaining that, while there is a lot of action, most of it is CG, much more so than the trailers let on. Apparently it's such low quality that they're joking about it being reused from the PSP games. I think someone said the transformation sequences were CG too. So that's not a good sign. Some people are definitely saying that there's no fanservice whatsoever.

It ends on a cliffhanger before much of any plot at all is revealed. The movie is basically a bunch of fighting that won't be explained until the next movie.

I'm not seeing many comments painting it in a positive light. It's mostly disappointment and worrying over how Detonation could be good after this.

Are you sure you're looking at the right places? Wanting to see the Materials animated and face off against their original counterparts is something I know many fans have been dying to see happen. Myself included.

>They don't even appear until like 2/3 of the way through.
Oh goddammit.

>Here's some non-spoilers
This is the spoiler thread, why do you feel the need to hold back

And you seem to have cherry picked as many negative comments as possible here

I kinda expected it to be whatever when I saw the art. Still excited to watch it when it comes out over here in a few months.

>And you seem to have cherry picked as many negative comments as possible here
I'm just reporting what I'm reading. I'll be sure to report back when I find something positive that people are consistently agreeing on.

>But Nanoha and Fate themselves weren't really that relevant, the central focus of the movie was easily on the new characters, they got the most screentime and all the plot and development
Literally Gears of Destiny

Reflection (and from the looks of it, Detonation) is pretty much a half-adaptation half-rewrite of the PSP games so that's not surprising.

It really should be in singular, since Battle of Aces barely has any plot.

That's character song from Reflection drama CD.

Great. That pretty much confirms all of my worst fears. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to adapt a shitty fighting game that was never popular to begin with? They've already wasted at least one year on this and will now be busy for at least one more just to finish it.

>The movie is short, only about 80 mins
It's 120.

>most of it is CG

It's not. Only the robots are CG and they get BTFO in seconds.

>transformation sequences were CG too

No they're not retard.

Fuck off and die.

>oh no, some random user on the internet said the movie is absolute objective garbage and kills your family if you watch it! now i must believe his words!
Hey user, the movie is good

RH talks a lot and still sounds like a dumbfuck white woman who gives zero shits about acting.

Bardiche only has the move names.

Levantine and however you spell Vita's hammer also announce move names.

I didn't play the games but they're shown as children as well.

It is mentioned that they're dozens of times stronger than the every Midchildrwhateverer by default.

Imagine being so mad about Reflection you start making up lies.

>and however you spell Vita's hammer
Graf Eisen.

Yukarin has an insert song for the beginning of the movie where they all visit a theme park.

Nana has a separate insert in addition to the main theme song/ED.

>but they're shown as children as well.
They aged in games too.

Yes, though it seems clear from the last bits that they're seconds away from joining up with Nanoha and friends to fight Yuri (Dearche seems to recognise her and sees her as a threat) so it's possible that there'll never be a proper Hayate VS Dearche fight.

That the game? Never touched them.

You see them grow up during the movie.

Enemies use science to turn construction machines into transformers.

She didn't really lose, and her new equipment at the end was awesome.

Why are they so perfect?

The beam cannons all either do no damage, immediately run out of ammo, or get blown up within seconds.

One thing I really liked was seeing Suzuka and Arisa again, they're great. It's been ages, although apparently they briefly appeared in the StrikerS drama CD as adults too. Not that they were around for long, but it was still nice. I'm surprised they just opened the movie with Suzuka and Arisa knowing that Nanoha and Fate are magical girls who fight alien monsters in their spare time, given how they made special effort to hide it from them in the other movies and never showed them finding out.

Oh and Shamaru does her warp hand thing on a giant robot where she makes a giant magic hands and grabs and crushes the core. It's pretty cool.

Another robot is wrecked by Vita's drill rocket hammer.

So what was the point then

Didn't they find out near the end of A's or was that TV only?

I was more surprised that Arisa and Suzuka's FUCKING PARENTS also know about all this shit.

To look cool? Nanoha's new floating shields also just float there and do absolutely nothing.

>You see them grow up during the movie.
We saw Subaru grow up during Strikers and she's a robot.
So beside that there's no mention of them being robot/android/non-human whatsoever?

>literally a better Fate
>literally just as good as Hayate but in a different way
Stern is alright.

>Didn't they find out near the end of A's or was that TV only?
Not him but that was TV only.

They are probably saving it for the second movie.

I watched the A's movie yesterday, it definitely didn't happen there. But the flashbacks we saw during Reflection were of the movie animation, so it's definitely supposed to follow movie continuity, right? I guess they just find out off-screen.

Not sure what the point of Arisa and Suzuka's parents were, they just seemed to own massive construction companies purely so they could get phone calls about the machines getting stolen. Maybe they'll do more with it next movie.

They have "parents" and you see them as kids and adults. They both get shot through the stomach and bleed. That is what was presented in the movie.

The reveal to Arisa and Suzuka was shown during the end credits of the second movie.

Amita gets a med check by the bureau and they don't mention anything about her being a robot. It's thorough enough for them to comment on her being dozens of times physically stronger than a regular person.

They both bleed too, and are shown as children.

Stern is uglier than Fate but in personality you are correct.

She also ate a shit ton of food to recover. I don't know if robots eat.

I think it's pretty obvious the movie isn't based on the PSP game at all and just steals the characters from it to make its own story.