Was Flip Flappers a miracle or a mistake?

Was Flip Flappers a miracle or a mistake?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/gp/product/B06XTNDB5W/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=9603-21&camp=1638&creative=6742&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B06XTNDB5W&linkId=8df7b9e4265f7e6a0c38852275611f13
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes

PUMP UP THE FLAP

>Cockona

A miracle, the threads as well.

I liked it
The artstyle was great and the plot had it's moments, it's worth watching even if only for how good it looks

Miracle and mistake.

looks cute, I will watch

>Cockona

Hollo, Sup Forums!

>883
What did Japan mean by this?

The ED theme was a miracle, not sure about the rest

That's assault!

>Papicunt

The first half was amazing, but Mimi was a lame antagonist.
Episode 5 was personally the highlight of the show for me.

A miracle. The only true deconstruction of the yuri genre.

deconstruction is a method of analysis invented by a french leftist faggot and not a genre

I knew that

in that case carry on

It was great until the writer change, but even then it was still fine. It wasn't a bad anime, at the end of the day

I suppose this is bait but did you not watch Gay Bears Maelstrom?

bears can't be gay

What if it's bear (human)?

It's still not gay (gay)

>Yayacuck

>Yayacuck

i wish i could read moon

This episode was so great. Really activated my almonds.

It was a great show for it's first half and then devolved into complete trash in it's second half. I can't believe how bad the second half ended up being to the point it brought what was one of the best shows of it's season to one of the worst.

All papikas were great

Really feeling it, aren't we?

Yeah, they were. By that way, that screenshot is pure kino, the framing, the oblique shadow. This show had genuinely fantastic direction.

It didn't really crash that hard, it just feels bad in comparison. The disappointment is worse than the show.

It would have been better if they were all Cockonas.

the absent real papika was probably enjoying them offscreen the whole time

>> 883
>What did Japan mean by this?
Japan has the shitiest taste, user, what did you expect?

>second half
I know I'm biting but that is not know you write "last quarter", user. Still one of the best shows of 2016 brought to you by rookie director Ishiyama. Looking forward to see more of his work.

Isn't he working on Princess Principal right now?

the mad max: yuri road episode was GOAT

For all the Flip Flappers fans here like me, there are some nice posters on amazon..

amazon.de/gp/product/B06XTNDB5W/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=9603-21&camp=1638&creative=6742&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B06XTNDB5W&linkId=8df7b9e4265f7e6a0c38852275611f13

It wasn't awful, it was just painfully mediocre.

I wish they'd put out more of the backgrounds Pascal did. Or at the very least that dark painting from the early episodes, which we never got to see fully.

I think he did some animation for the OP or ED or something, but he's not directing it.

>g*rman
Fuck off.

He would never use all these wonky cgi camera pans.
No idea what the princess principal director wants to achieve with that.

A miracle that the Japs didn't appreciate. I hope studio 3hz recovers with princess principal at least

>Isn't he working on Princess Principal right now?
I don't think so, no. That is Okouchi's wild ride, the guy that wrote Code Geass, Valrave the Liberator, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress and another precious "gem" that I'm forgetting at the moment. It's not even a full 3hz production. I mean, the last episodes of FLFL may have been a rather disastrous plotwise (pic very related) but I don't think that anons know what they're in for regarding PrinPrin. That shit's gonna be one heck of a ride, I'm only watching it for the trainwreck potential.

I was down with all the CGI usage until that Beauty and the Beast style over-head pan. That just looked bad.

Okouchi's just writing. And I knew he wasn't directing, I thought they'd put him on as storyboarder or something, but looking up the crew, I was wrong

>another precious "gem" that I'm forgetting at the moment
Guilty Crown?

FURIPFURAPINGU

Nah, it was awful.
The show got worse at the second half, but you are right that it was still good at the start of the second half. It really only dipped into utter garbage the episode Mimi returns.

>I was down with all the CGI usage until that Beauty and the Beast style over-head pan. That just looked bad.
Shit, I thought that I was crazy for thinking that. Anons on the PrinPrin threads were praising it for being "cinematic".

>Guilty Crown?
I haven't watched that one. How bad was it?
The show I was referring to was Comet Lucifer. That show was bad. Really bad.

>It really only dipped into utter garbage the episode Mimi returns.
Those are some harsh words for a show that dared to give us something original and different, user. We'll have to agree to disagree. I mean, the final episodes where the kind of schlock that I certainly did not expect of a show of FLFL's calibre, but still, as a whole, the show was fresh and innovative. Gave me a lot of pretty good memories and was by far the comfiest thing airing that season. Even the ending didn't sour things too much.

Kabaneri was good all the way through, so I'm hopeful

>I haven't watched that one. How bad was it?
I'm guessing you started browsing Sup Forums in 2014 or later.

Not him, but I've been on Sup Forums since 2010, and haven't seen it. I don't usually watch trainwrecks with Sup Forums, that's not why I'm here

But how could you have not even heard any details? There were so many threads.

I know there's a guy named Shoe and that he's hitler or something. That's about all you pick up when you never bother going into threads about it

>muh ending
>muh Mimi
That's just baseless shitposting for me at this point. The show dared to give us a conclusive ending that is better than 90% of whatever garbage was airing in that year with a lot of hype moments, but you will keep reiterating this meme.

V cute. Highly recommend.

It was not very good outside of the animation sadly.

I still wish they have us more of an explanation of Mimi's mom and past, but I was still happy

and the backgrounds
and the music
and the direction

I'll agree with you that it's better than most inconclusive endings, but it still wasn't well executed. That's why I say the ending was mediocre, instead of bad.

I've been homeboarding Sup Forums since 2013 or so but was a consistent lurker since 2009. Before that Sup Forums was my fix, since 2007 or so. It took me a while to get into seasonal anime, had a lot of backlog to conquer before starting posting more assiduously. The only "trainwreck" I only watched with Sup Forums was Mayoiga and that was no fun at all,
just a forced meme that went nowhere. Now I'm watching PrinPrin just because I'm absolutely convinced that those faggots are wrong about watching it unironically and it's going to be hilarious.

Not even in the top three of that season.

And the adorable characters.
And the imaginative PI worlds.
And the sound effects.

Meme anime. Not even Top 3 of the Fall season.
>floppers

I don't think the world will ever be ready for more than 1 Cockona

We all agree, user.

It had lots of mistakes, but I thought the premise was solid at least. Maybe they can make a good show next time they go around.

According to Sup Forums poll it was aoty and I agree with my fellow Sup Forumsnons so fuck you.

That's only if you count the opinions of people who don't count, user. If you move the goalposts a bit, it doesn't win the popularity contest any more, which changes the facts about how many people liked it.

I know that this is a Flip Flappers circlejerk and I do love me some good ol' pure illusion, user, but Sup Forums was wrong about AOTY. That should have gone to Rakugo.

why would Sup Forums care about popularity contests anyway? I assumed people liked shows when they were either "good" or "fun" depending on what people want.

Miracle, only mistake is not enough hmanga

>why would Sup Forums care about popularity contests anyway?
Well, I can only speak personally but I don't want the people who I watch Chinese cartoons with to be stupid. So Sup Forums popularity contests matter to me in the sense that I can gauge where Sup Forums is at. It doesn't influence my enjoyment of anything, I just generally don't care for stupidity and/or bad taste. FLFL winning AOTY was justice. Also, the salt was a good added bonus.

It was a miracle that turned into a mistake.

But try imagining Cockona playing with Cockona, or Cockona trying to seduce Cockona. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

>furipufukingu

*furippufakkingu
learn fake moon better

anal

Is what they do every night.

Too pretentious for its own good, the plot came too late when everyone dropped it already and killed the show and sales

Thank God Papikana was thrown into the yuri rejuvenescence cage, that prolapsed anus was about to nasty.

Reminder: It's not pretentious if it has real meaning

me on the left

>that lat scene
I actually liked YYK but it was poetry.

I know you're in this thread, and I have one thing to say to you:
please no bully Kemono Friends

Redditors liked it. That's why almost nobody in Japan bought it.

No, reddit hated it

>t. false flapping Redditor
Also, Japan has notoriously bad taste, user. Flip Flappers was a swell show.

A miracle that it was made and a mistake that it sold poorly.

Fucking japs.

The second half is a lot better, you pleb.

a mistake

Cocona is a miracle of the universe

That's Papika

Yes.