Which era of anime had the best art style?

Which era of anime had the best art style?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R4H847382G4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm throwing in for the 80's, I love those things before the ears, I dont know what to call them when I go to a hairdresser and my mom tells me they are sideburns but they are not. What is the name of this around the face?

2010s
inb4 nostalgiafags

I miss the detail that used go into the design.

How does 2020 and beyond look?

Depressing.

Non generic styles

CG

2000's VN art style

Early 90s

My body is ready.

I really like the one that berserk uses, haven't seen such intricate shading used in any other anime. It really sets it apart from other anime shows, haven't seen another like it

Everything looks good in it's own way, except 2010's which is dogshit.

Did they fugg

Stupid nostalgiafag

Two people of the same sex can't fugg.

I hope they did.
I hope she licked your face first
I hope she licked her way up to here mouth and then stick her tongue between those lips and eventually her lips lock with hers.
I hope they did.

Want me to prove you wrong fuccboi?

Sure bud.
Prove to me the impossible.

80s > early 90s > 10s > late 90s > 00s

Side bangs?

2000's was, in my opinion, one of the ugliest looking decades for anime.

Anal virginity counts as fucked.

But it does not.
Does shoving a lolipop up your ass count?
No!
Your anus is an exit.
Thus does not count as fugg.

Babies come out of vaginas,
It is an exit.
Thus does not count as fugg

Anything but 90s for me. Ideally late 00s / 10s

I'm still baffled by the fact that this abomination is popular in Japan. God damn braindead furries.

>furries
You clearly don't know what that term means

>in Japan
this board has g̶e̶n̶e̶r̶a̶l̶ frequent kemono friends thread

2010s > 2000s > 80s > 90s

00's hair
90's nose
10's eyes
80's shading

Literally made for breeding, Jesus Christ.

80s > 2000s > 2010s >= 90s

it's so unique as a result of it's inspiration, Murima was attempting to replicate the style of M.C. Escher which has the same sort of hyperdetailed sharing.

This "era" shit is fucking dumb. It's artist based.
It's not like people change their styles to suit the ages.

Mikimoto still draws the same, Yas still draws the same, Sadamoto still draws the same.

90s > 80s > 2010s > 2000s > 70s > 60s > 50s
but charts like that are dumb and try to mimic artstyle of one show instead of the era
cherrypicking basically

20XX

sakuga

It was literally the best anime in the last few years. Watch it.

>people enjoy this QUALITY animation
>people complain about berserk using CG.

shake my head to be honest family.

>one was made by 10 people on their spare time with no budget
>the other is from big series that had a full team and budget working on it at full time

It really CLANGs my almonds

Well, Berserk isn't supposed to be a comedy while Kemono Friends is, so one having hilariously bad animation doesn't affect it the same way it does the other.

It's not enough to show the heads- you need to show the bodies. Late 90s was the era of noodlepeople. The distinction between it and other eras isn't so obvious just looking at the heads.

90-2000 I hate moe

80's 90's 80's 90's 80's 90's.
And 2000's.

70's but then it was shit until 2010's.

Faggot

For me, 90's and 00's are my favorite, but I don't really dislike the 80's or 10's either.
I really dig the later hand drawn cel animation before it all got digitized.

Those are all moe styles shitposter kun

80s without an doubt in my mind the peak of animation and overall design in anime.

The current one and you're a nostalgiafag if you think otherwise

Only if it's 2D CG
youtube.com/watch?v=R4H847382G4

70s boys with huge sideburns and eyebrows

Literally the MLP of anime

This image is incorrect because there's no fucking grain.

I can agree to this

Are they ice skating?

60s.

I'm gonna have to say the early 2000s.

I really like the 90s artstyle. In general I've been a fan of the 90s for a while. But the other decades also have charm. Except the 10s, too used to it right now. Maybe I'll find the charm in the future

90s.

2000's > 90's > 2010's > 80's

It gets removed further from reality each iteration.

From the pictures alone, 2000s, but most 2000s anime didnt look like that. The real answer is now

The image depicts the process of simply getting lazier and lazier. It also implys that all anime is animated the same way each decade, year or season. Which is a massive generalisation and untrue.

I'm sort of indifferent to character aesthetics since they vary between series no matter what decade.

But if there is one thing I want to say 80s and 90s mecha and sci-fi aesthetics were the best.

late 90s/early 2000s

MISSION COMPREE

10s

>brainlet can't comprehend the huge gap in color design

Late 00s though.

RUNNING IN THE 10S

One would think the move to digital animation would allow for more detailed designs instead of painstaking hand drawn cels

90's best 80's worst.

Berserk isn't moe waifus

At least it's not as bad as Berzerk's animation

There's also 10x the amount of anime and a lack of high budget OVAs.

You ever read Franken Fran?
Remember THAT chapter?

I like styles from every decade. Every year has something new to offer.

looking forward to it

It really sucks how few actual OVA series we get now. Dragon Dentist Gundam Origin and Gundam Thunderbolt are about the best examples now. If your OVA project edges into a bit higher budget range, I think the procos just develop it into serial films: GitS Arise, Break Blade, Towa no Quon, Mardock Scramble, Berserk, Yamata 2199, Kizumonogatari, and tons of others.

I love the 80s hair styles. That's definitely not something you see much anymore.

What's this? Macross?

Do You even Remember Love?

I miss the 90's. There was an odd sort of charm to the weird pointy cheeks and giant shoulder pads (and sexy thin waists) of Satoru Akahori's designs dominating a lot of the anime of the era.

High budget 90's anime is where it was at. Anything that captured that Neo-Tokyo feel of a vibrant cyberpunk city or cozy sci-fi grit is my groove.

Burn Up!'s first OVA got that right, but the sequels are all incredibly lame and come nothing close.

If Akira evolved the industry from the 80's style to the 90's, what can be said to be the animated movie/series/OVA which propelled each change in the standard of style?

2017, and possibly 2018. Have you seen Violet Evergarden?

Waifufags will defend this because it's "cute."

80s is so best, except for the hairstyle. But that's judging only using the OP pic

2000`s its my favorite, its nostalgic.

Where do Friends poop?

What the shit user

Yes, you're correct that giving birth to a baby is not the same as fucking. That you feel you need to make this distinction is of great concern to me.