>pirate an anime
>enjoy it
>studio makes no money
>they go out of business
>"wtf why wasn't there a sequel?"
How do you justify this?

I don't need to justify myself.

I am not Japanese.

It's better for a good story to end than go on forever. Anime with more than 2 seasons are always total shit.

Name one good anime that didn't make any money and caused a company to go out.

>alternatives are paying 60+$ (more in my currency) for BDs or paying to stream at shit quality from CR
how do you justify this?

>not living in Japan paying for tv anime through subscription and gov tax
>2017

when did this happen?

>implying your insignificant amount of NEETbux taxes will make a difference for individual companies

didn't you just fucking post this in Sup Forums ?

Go back.

How would you know, crossboarder?

The people caring about if a show sells sit on the production committee, user.
The animation studio is not necessarily part of that.

There are three major ways an anime makes money:
1. People buy the discs.
2. People buy merchandise.
3. People buy the source material.
The production committees are usually paying the TV channels to broadcast their stuff. They earn absolutely nothing from the broadcast.
And since the broadcasts generally do not block recording, there is little difference with regard to purchase incentives between a Japanese anime fan and a guy from overseas watching (fan)subs.

Also, if you are relating to the ArtLand story from earlier this month, that was a hoax. The company filing for bankruptcy was not the animation studio, but an entirely different company with a similar name.

It's not a single anime failing that causes a studio to go under, it's a history of failures and lower-than-expected revenues. You think everything is fine until the studio shuts down because it was hemorrhaging money and hid it from the public because they didn't want to hurt their fans. Every single episode you pirate steals money from the pockets of artists and writers and editors and directors.

I know because it's the exact same thing but with anime replaced by game and studio replaced by developer

I need to be Japanese to buy anime.

I only pirate what they don't stream. I won't buy, because that ONLY helps us distributors, and they fuck up everything, from taking years for manga, to pushing their shitty agendas in dubs. Fuck them

Fuck funi for changing the lines
Fuck crunchy roll for pushing vrv on me everytime I log on

>How do you justify this?
pay crunchyroll membership every mounth

Go back to Sup Forums.

>pay for anime
>amazon and netflix smell the money
>get 100MB 240p anime with broken, badly translated, piss yellow subs
thanks for supporting industry guys

FLCL until recently

Although I guess gainax didn't die, the show did

The subs at Amazon really suck. The timing is worse than anything I have ever seen in fansubs.
And a lot of shit is forced-dub.

Fortunately I don't need subs anymore, but it's ridiculous they are asking for money for an inferior product. If I didn't need Prime anyway, I wouldn't pay for it.

>be filthy NEET
>buy imported blurays
>enjoy it
>studio makes no money
>they go out of business
How do you justify this?

You were correct until
>Every single episode you pirate steals money from the pockets of...
No, digital piracy is not the same as theft. You are in no way diminishing the resources of these people, you are simply depriving them of your business. Furthermore, it is far from being a given that they would have your business if piracy didn't exist as an alternative.

If I never spend money on entertainment and decide one day to pirate someone's anime, then that piracy makes one person better off and nobody worse off.

Who said I wanted a sequel? I won't lose anything if they stop making anime and I pay for the manga and novels I like. No problems on my side.

>anime licensing sites give money to the studios
HAH

Is holding a waterbottle next to a girl's face a good flirting move?

Only if you're attractive. Otherwise it's creepy.

>It's not a single anime failing that causes a studio to go under, it's a history of failures and lower-than-expected revenues.
That's exactly my point. If an anime studio was making good anime, it wouldn't have to worry about failures and lower than expected returns. Studios like KyoAni, Shaft, Madhouse and Trigger know this very well. Studios like Satelight, well, didn't.

>don't watch an anime
>studio makes no money
>they go out of business
How do you justify not watching and buying every anime made every season?

Don't studios get paid a fixed amount to make any adaptation? Unless they're investing directly in the shows they animate, i.e. they're part of the production committee they don't lose anything. Bad management of resources can lead to bankruptcy. If pirating were really a problem KyoAni which has been part of the producers for the last few shows they made then they'd be broken by now.

Why do you still go on Sup Forums? Do you enjoy arguing with teenagers?

>Why do you still go on Sup Forums? Do you enjoy arguing with teenagers?

And stay there you nigger

lol

When was the last time you've been on Sup Forums? Compare the two once in a while.

>When was the last time you've been on Sup Forums?
Never, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think most of Sup Forums is underage.

I know, but at least most make an attempt to hide it. Sup Forums is worlds worse content-wise

I only import manga if I really like it and if I want to support the author. Fuck the anime industry, it's impossible to support the actual creators and studios.

Pretty much this, even if I like an anime I buy the source material, because fuck BDs

I don't give a shit about the well-being of an anime studio. I only care about the continuation of the anime I like.
Any studio is ultimately replaceable.

Pirating something doesn't mean you would pay for it in the first place. That's what the jews can't understand.

>buy western localized release; middleman and publisher get most the money, studio gets little
>buy subscription to streaming service; middleman and publisher gets most the money, studio gets little
>western companies claim otherwise by never show the actual numbers, not to mention they pocket ad money
hmm gee wonder why
inb4 company staff replies

That's how amateur pirates work. True pirates score the goods, watch them, then buy the BDs and delete the downloads if the material's worth spending money on. That way the studios that produce good shows get paid legit, and the ones that drop the ball get nothing, as per natural law. True pirates have a higher standard than just "lol free stuffz", they're also responsible for aiding in the culling of the weak in the only stimulus studios respond to: their income. If your show is good, you get paid; if it sucks ass, you get nothing. It's simple, so simple a concept that mainstreamers and studios try and warp laws to avoid the judgment of the lash, but it won't stop us.

Unless the anime is their IP, buying any shit from Japan directly won't help the nip studio that slaved away to make the QUALITY garbage you morons watched anyway.

>implying the studios get anything at all

Samurai Flamenco.

>inb4 greentexting "good"
Watch it again until you understand.

>good

Nips fault, They aren't facilitating purchases for gaijins when they should.

>Fuck funi for changing the lines
Friendly reminder

Who cares? It's just some mediocre anime, you disgusting gamergate creep.

Don't you ever get tired of falseflagging?

>it's impossible to support the actual creators and studios
If you actually cared you would be mailing physical cash to them.

Do you even realize where you're posting that shit? This isn't fucking Sup Forums.

>Pirate Pokari's name
>Nobody drinks Pokari because it's not what they drink in anime
>They go out of business
>"wtf why wasn't there more Pokari anymore?"

>calling someone a disgusting gamergate creep
>on Sup Forums
o boi i am laffin

>buy an anime
>enjoy it
>studio makes less than 0.00002% of their total spending cost of that animu
>they go out of business
How do you justify this?

The fact that you dorklosers take actual offense at that indicates that you might be unironic gamergators.

You gonna summon him.

That's not how donation works, you retarded piece of shit.

>buy an anime
>enjoy it
>studio decides to outsource their work because they save more money
>all their shows are shit now
>"wtf why was there a sequel i should have just fapped to doujins."
How do YOU justify this, nigga?

Hi, Studio Manglobe.

>pay for crunchyroll
>limited amount of anime
>hardlt enjoy it
>studio makes no money
>they go out of business
>"wtf why wan't there a sequel?"

Some anons buy a lot of plastic to show support

>Son, meet your new mom.

>m-muh s-s-s-stu-stu-stu-s-s-studio
Yes, I'm quoting you.

>mfw RIS and it takes me to rightstufanime
kek

>sales thread
>"omg x flopped fucking nips with shit taste"
>never contributed a dime to the anime industry

ok

I was/am.

Watch other anime.

Implying japs give a shit about what foreigner buys.

If a studio goes out of business it had nothing to do with me.

Buying anime merch contributes essentially nothing to the Japanese anime industry. You are supporting the American industry, which has no say on what japan produces.

If you want to support the Japaneses industry, buy shit online from japan or go to akiba and buy shit there.

Some of you weebs might think Japan gives a shit about us, but you'll learn once you get a bit older.

>anime needs subbing by third party services for decades, for free
>industry wants 90% of its material to remain in japan and ignore worldwide market
>finally catches on, social media etc CN etc
>omgawd you thieves!!111

You do realize the majority of cancellations is on the author not getting sales of his mango, or forcing people to buy the mango after it ends.... Right?

The author gets paid and makes off like a bandit. The studio gets fuct fukd fooked, and often do it wrong anyway. When they get it right it's only because the staff hired for it worked more for free because of "budget concerns".

Go look into it more flyfag.

Otaku animators should consider it a privilege that they are allowed to work on anime and pay for it.
This ought to maximize the profits of the producers and the studio bosses even more.

The funny thing is, animators still keep dying from overworking on garbage anime shows that nobody cares about.

I am buying the source material (manga, LN), which is a much more important metric used by the production committee in determining success.

>buy an anime for $900
>credit limit reached
>no cash
>no pay check until next week
>starve to death
>"wtf why does nobody buy my anime?"

That depends. The music sponsor for example considers every manga of an adaptation you buy to be an utter waste of your money for shit that doesn't benefit them. They'd rather you waste your money on shit like the OST they're selling, or the CDs featuring the OP with some other shitty song, and then another CD that features the ED with another shitty song.

The anison industry is quite unhappy about the numbers of low-selling discs. Then again, they are trying to transition towards streaming their jpop-stuff as well.

How about you deal with it OP?

By fapping, shrugging, shitposting and then pirating more anime.

I buy figures and blurays. Checkmate atheists.

I would be more than willing to support the industry if they didn't sell BDs for $300 fucking dollars. My favorite series has 4 seasons and a spin off season, I would have to spend over a grand to buy it all.

Don't forget CDs, manga, t-shirts, dakis, keychains, rubber stamps, and to visit the live event where you get to handshake one voice actress and perhaps meet the series director.
If you didn't do all that shit and more, you didn't contribute meaningfully at all.

>create and distribute a product over one country
>enjoy profits
>all of a sudden, a bunch of filthy gaijen start pirating copies
>suddenly lose money

Stop bumping this thread. You really couldn't tell this is bait?

if anyone is to blame it's the mangaka's

I'm a poor 3rd-worlder

By donating to the dorm project. The impact of a single bluray does little to help an animation studio.

Sorry

I buy merch and source material, and I go to concerts and see movie versions in theaters. I also occasionally buy BDs. I also live in Japan so the money isn't going to a middle man company.

All the more reason to not give a shit about piracy

The only way to support an anime is to import the nippon discs. And even then it's a minor contribution.
If you think that buying western licensed stuff helps you're a fucking joke. Not only do the nippon studios even hate taking western money, they get shit for it.

I'm not gonna pay $50 for 2 episodes. If that's what it takes to sustain them, then they can go fuck themselves

>buying shows you haven't watched
>supporting subscription business model
Actively idiotic.

>pirate anime
>have access to a selection of anime that otaku of prior generations could only dream of
>companies, under pressure from piratefags, start offering their anime archives for affordable prices (no more hunting down the last volume of some obscure show for 20 bucks retail, much more on ebay)
>studios, despite the "loss" from piracy, make more anime than ever before

Isn't post-scarcity great?

>Pirate anime
>dl games and emulator since the snes emulator days
>has modded PS1, PS2 and ds cart
>Ps3, 3ds and Wii u with cfw for piracy
If I was ever caught for piracy and counted for what I stole, it would probably be in the million range.

>tons of studios making shitty anime with cookie cutter formats with shit budget
>underpays workers because they need to pump a lot of shit out cheaply
>studio either gets lots of money from retarded japs because of jap's shit taste or fails
>pirates pirate, studio 'loses' nothing
>nothing of value lost, studio eventually closes having made nothing notable

I buy things that are worth buying, but retards keep paying shitty studios to make shit and the industry will rot because of it.