Remember when Naruto was actually kind of okay?

Remember when Naruto was actually kind of okay?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=14xS19D6OLQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

Never?

But man, I wish I ignored my friends when they said to me to read this shit like 12 years ago when people started translating it.

chunin exams was goat

>Never?
Hipster

Through the ninja exams at the very beginning. That was what 20 years ago now? Hard to support a series where only 1/25th of the content is any good. Reminds me of that NBC show Heroes. People just can't let it go that it was garbage after 3/4 of one season.

Yeah. Before the timeskip. It wasn't good, but it was pretty solid. After the timeskip it was bad.

When I first got the access to the internet the first thing I did was watch and read all there was about Naruto. Time sure flies.

all of part 1 was bretty gud if we talking manga/ignoring filler
shippuden was worse but I still think wasn't garbage until after the pain fight, it really should've finished then

turdruto was always shit
always
no exceptions
no check em

You mean most of the manga with a few exceptions up until Kaguya happened?

It was always "okay" at least until the ninja war started then it was painfully bad.

It would've been better if every nearly villain didn't get a sad backstory arc.

Reminder that if you haven't yet watch Boruto because its everything good about the beginning of Naruto cranked up to 11

>Reminder that if you haven't yet watch Boruto because its everything good about the beginning of Naruto cranked up to 11
>Let's fuck around a post office for no reason for two and a half episodes
>Then fight a cultist girl who was secretly our classmate and her magic tiger monster in another dimension
Some of the writers on that show know what they're doing, but it's not always good.

Kind of okay? It was an amazing battle shonen until the timeskip.

>>Let's fuck around a post office for no reason for two and a half episodes
I enjoyed it

>>Then fight a cultist girl who was secretly our classmate and her magic tiger monster in another dimension
This shit is inevitable considering its still Naruto and it was handled in an interesting way but I'm biased because I like Sumire a lot

>no check em

B-But user.

the exactly moment when naruto goes to shit

>It was an amazing battle shonen until the timeskip.
Nah, it wasn't amazing. It still had a kinda shitty pace at the beginning and suffered from too much talking syndrome. But if you cut the fat and left the fight scenes, it was pretty great. That's sorta the whole point of Boku no Hero.

Post a show that had more creative and intelligent battles than original Naruto

What? That was at the start of the Sasuke Retrieval Arc when he made a promise to Sakura right?

If so, incorrect. That arc was pure kino, and somehow underrated in my opinion. That arc was what a battle shonen should be, kids beating the odds and pushing themselves to the limit in the most absurd ways possible. Everything about those episodes was great, and the final fight was the ultimate cherry on top.

But if that's the final good-bye episode, then yeah I'd agree.

HxH comes close, but that's it.

Naruto has so many great fights, it's pretty much unrivalled among anime series when it comes to having large amounts of quality fights.

hxh

Is it a bad sign when all your side characters are more likable and relatable than the main characters?

Chuunin Exam/Konoha Invasion and Sasuke Rescue.

I keep one seeing HxH talked about but I know nothing about it. If I were to start watching now, how long would it take to watch the whole anime? I love shonens but I hate starting new ones because they get addicting. Also,
does it have waifus?

72 volumes yet it felt like nothing really happened. Arcs felt to prolonged and didnt really get a chance to world build.

I liked the idea of multiple jinchuuriki for example yet a grand majority get sidelined and dont even get to see them or the tailed beasts til the 5th shinobi war for example. The pacing was seriously fucked

Sauce rescue arc was trash and literally ruined the series.

>I liked the idea of multiple jinchuuriki for example yet a grand majority get sidelined
This was a serious problem. There was so much potential for there being nine individuals with crazy demon powers who essentially serve as the ninja world's equivalent of nuclear weapons but they forgoe that to give the Uchiha five hundred different eye powers.

Zabuza's arc was really good

>Itachi was a good guy all along and actually loved Sasuke

>This is why he mindfucked his little brother twice with his torture eyes

The anime was never good.
Episodes and arcs drawn out for too long. Nothing actually happens in one episode. The episode starts, you have 5 minutes of re-capping what happened, then 15 minutes of standing around. Then 1 minute where some actual action is happening, and then cliffhanger.

I actually liked the episodes between arcs the most, when Naruto and the rest would just mess around in the village. Because that's when the pacing was really good.

Anyway, go watch Hunter x Hunter episode 1 and then tell me that Naruto was good or even original in any way. Kishimoto somehow decided that making a character with Leorio's personality but 10 years younger, ugly, and without medical skills, and using that as a main character is a good idea.

HxH 2011 has 148 episodes. I think it took me 3 weeks to catch up while it was airing and that was back when I was jobless and would be the only thing I watched.
There are a couple of qt girls but HxH is largely a fujo series. You'll see why.

>Every time

Did Sakura ever end up being useful or contribute to the plot at all?

>using waifus as a term for Girls
End yourself and go back to wherever you came from.

I meant waifus user, girls whose smiles you want to protect

Did anyone else feel like these guys ended up being more of a minor nuisance than an actual threat?

When I was very literally 12, but then the Zabuza arc ended and it became shit forever by losing 90% of any directionality in the plot outside of "save Sauce this week or dick around feeling angsty fighting mooks and mid-bosses with needlessly tragic and/or edgy backstories."

That's exactly what they were, just a bunch of stronger than usual thugs who were part of a grander keikaku.

Reminder the Orochimaru got away with everything including:

Human Experimentation (mostly on children)
Starting a War
Kidnapping
Raising the Dead
Killing the Leader of not one but two villages one of which happened to be his old sensei
Using forbidden Jutsu

And Naruto still let him live

talent-wise, she becomes stronger and learns useful skills such as medical ninjutsu.
personality-wise, she doesn't change at all. she ends up marrying Sasuke, even after he tried murdering her

>personality-wise, she doesn't change at all. she ends up marrying Sasuke, even after he tried murdering her

Thats not counting the fact he's never around even after marrying her and knocking her up

She had the fight against Sasori

Um... I'd say her healing but she never revived anyone in time to do anything useful... Um... Literally I got nothing.

For me, Naruto is good until the end of the Pain arc, which is around 2/3rd of the series.

>It doesn't matter how evil someone is, or how tragic the backstory that shaped them and their ideals

>Naruto will befriend them and then they'll feel bad about it

>Naruto will befriend them and then they'll feel bad about it
>Except for that one guy Kakuzu, Naruto fucking murdered him

i remember trying an episode of boruto on a whim and hinata was pretty milf if you know what i mean

Yeah, I really want to put my penis in her vagina and ejaculate so I can impregnate her with my semen. If you know what I mean

Madara gave zero fucks and died believing he was right, just not strong enough to enact his dream.
best villain.

Naruto media tier list

GREAT TIER
Pain's Invasion
Land of Waves
Tale of Jiraiya the Gallant

GOOD TIER
Sasuke Retrieval
Konoha Crush
Sasuke vs Itachi
The Immortals
Boruto movie

OK TIER
Search for Tsunade
Tenchi Bridge
Chuunin Exams
Filler episodes after Kaguya arc

BAD TIER
Itachi Pursuit
Five Kage Summit
Anything related to the Fourth War
10 Tails resurrection
The Last
All the other movies

ABSOLUTE SHIT TIER
Kaguya
Boruto TV

Yes before these Chunin exams in the woods.

While it was never that accepted here, I remember it having plenty of healthy threads back in 2004

>GREAT TIER
>Pain's Invasion
I agree because he killed the people in the hidden leaf. Sadly he also resurrected these idiots. Naruto became bad during the Chuni exams when the children used (potentially) lethal force against one another, even though there was no reason for serious fights like a war. If the people from the leaf and the other villages hadn't been complete psychopaths this wouldn't have happened.

>GREAT TIER
>Pain's Invasion

Not with that ending

>Boruto movie
>Filler episodes after Kaguya arc
>good...

fun fact: Sup Forums used to love naruto

fun fact: Naruto used to be good

You mean it used to be laughed out of the board.

Now we have 24/7 Boruto generals.
Why the fuck do I even browse this shithole anymore?

>You mean it used to be laughed out of the board.
Mods didn't like it because it was an underage magnet. Lots of kids who had no idea how Sup Forums worked or what "lurking" even meant would make dozens of asinine threads a day like "Hey guys, I really like Naruto and blah blah blah". It was easier just to ban discussion of it.

Honestly never seen a single episode, and since it seems there's 720 I've no intention of ever doing so.

Is this Japans answer to the Simpsons when it comes to not knowing when to stop?

wrong

The first few episodes of Shippuden were fun, seeing how the characters changed and all that. And there were a few nice battle animations. But other than that the whole thing is shit. The story, the characters, the endless manga chapters and episodes, all the fillers etc.

From the dust you have come, to dust you will return.

Sakura was the most useful during the whole Sasori thing. She cured Kankuro after he got poisoned by Sasori, and she killed Sasori along with Chiyo. Without her, Chiyo would have been killed, and then she couldn't have revived Gaara.

So without Sakura, Temari would be a single child

GREAT TIER
Pain's Invasion
Sasuke vs Itachi
Boruto TV
Boruto movie

OK TIER
Sasuke Retrieval
Chuunin Exams
The Immortals
Five Kage Summit
BAD TIER
Land of Waves
Konoha Crush
Filler episodes after Kaguya arc
Tale of Jiraiya the Gallant
Itachi Pursuit
Anything related to the Fourth War
10 Tails resurrection
The Last
ABSOLUTE SHIT TIER
Search for Tsunade
Tenchi Bridge
Kaguya
All the other movies

this series, damn it had so much potential. the character designs, the unique battle styles, the references to mythos

BUT it fucking ruined it with it's AIDS-tier MC, power of friendship taken to retarded levels and the general lack of consequences to the main cast's actions

>sasuke commits crimes and kills a lot of people
no problem, we'll just forgive him because he jobbed for a day in the war (nevermind the fact that he was literally headed to destroy konoha moments earlier)

>pain kills everyone in konoha and crushes the village
no problem, I'll just use friendship to make him revive them

>sakura takes out own teammates to go after sasuke, naruto throws a hissy fit in front of the others that he will fight sasuke but they both fail
ah shucks, that's mighty bad but not that bad is it? let's brush it off with some jokes

>kabuto singlehandedly controls most of the enemy's war forces
no problem, let's forgive him because he had a change of heart and shit

the only people to face consequences in this anime are the side cast and the villains. hell, neji got killed for no fucking reason at all. obito, the akatsuki, jiraiya, konan, pain all good characters who got fucked but god forbid a single bad thing ever happen to the MCs

is there a naruto for adults? or a naruto without asspulls? I'd watch the hell outta

Why didn't they attack their targets all at once?

GREAT TIER
12 years old naruto series

ABSOLUTE SHIT TIER
everything else

Yes

Only til zabuza

Nigga you better have sauce for that

I really don't.

I remember enjoying the openings and thats more or less it

I only watched 100 episode by peer pressure, then I got fed up with it.

No, he's right, terms having meanings on purpose and he misused the term. Cheapening it

Depends on whether you mean 99 or 11 hxh episode one

99 did the first arc justice, even the filler

Everything in the first arc for 11 was dogshit except Hisoka's fight

Even still I'd say the concepts of chakra and shit were interesting and the characters in Naruto have loads of info in all their backstories that compel you to want to learn more about them and the ninja world.

It's a shame the "magic system" in Naruto wasn't expanded upon well enough though. Sure they go a LOT into chakras, chakra networks, elemental affinities, but I was actually looking forward to a detailed explanation of how "lol I'm a log!" worked

Same bullshit that FMA did with not going into details of every transmutation which I thought they'd go back and explain or something

Yes. All of it.

I love this fight
youtube.com/watch?v=14xS19D6OLQ

always was better than one piece

This, back when being tacticool was the focus of being a good ninja.

died around the time they failed to retrieve sasuke after locating their hideout. There was no fight or anything and after that it became stale.

You mean just a few years ago, when redditors made Sup Forums their second home? Oh yes indeed I do, it was the beginning of the end.

Yes, until around volume 25. Basically, before the first Naruto vs Sasuke fight.

remember when it was about being a sneaky ninja and clones within clones within substitution techniques within illusion techniques instead of getting all your friends together for a spirit bomb of pure friendship?

Some bullshit about larger groups being easier to detect.

The Zabuza Arc? Yeah.

I unironically recommend Boruto to folks who liked early Naruto

Yeah, that was pretty retarded.
Almost as retarded as Sasuke's whole behaviour and plans after Itachi's death.
Not to mention the whole pardon he received after he came back to the village. Especially from Sakura.

there has never been a series in the history of humanity that peaked so hard so early

Episode 1- Right before the Sasuke retrieval arc. They were actually ninja instead of battle mages with shuriken during those episodes

instead of being excellent, like now?

Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to Sup Forums, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

I stopped reading when Jiraiya died because it was becoming a chore to read.

What dumb shit did I miss out on?

Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to Sup Forums, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

Is this a meme or pasta or smthing?

Enjoyed all of pre-timeskip, and post-timeskip I did enjoy the Pain arc, especially Jiraya in the Rain village.

I stopped watching shounen long time ago.
I am not going to back to it