Konosuba Vol 12 Darkness

David Barnes
David Barnes

yes this actually happened

All urls found in this thread:
https://exhentai.org/g/1050028/1cfe9201af/
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1793td-pgmx2U171jocjsMoPT2lfkv3ld3kLT4UHEb18/edit
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1feFZruzQxuctwTpv1zzPplsF8BkRfHHhzx4lz6buSD8/edit
https://mega.nz/#!OI40gbwR!Q7aGcPP-n7it-wRFazLp--B6gsK4CzmZx9SeC9dWS_w
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1793td-pgmx2U171jocjsMoPT2lfkv3ld3kLT4UHEb18/edit
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1feFZruzQxuctwTpv1zzPplsF8BkRfHHhzx4lz6buSD8/edit
https://pastebin.com/iSnBGG95
https://pastebin.com/GVVivs2h
https://mega.nz/#F!SRpVTYyB!1Hn3ouyUeTJGLaLBZ16!Ww
https://mega.nz/#F!SRpVTYyB!1Hn3ouyUeTJGLaLBZ16lWw
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nMV0kD8cGI-EyZOx1PV4Ld2jlP9wuvlhc0CAIFj7kQk/edit#heading=h.7wo14in4caxa
Nathan Young
Nathan Young

I find Kazuma loving anyone ;ike that hard to believe my dude. Those 3 girls are so fucked up(especially Aqua) that I can't even imagine how that would work out. But I guess if you had to pick one, so long as it's not Aqua then you should be solid.

Aiden Bell
Aiden Bell

why do i want to hatefuck aqua so much?

David Morales
David Morales

Because it's pretty much what she deserves.

Tyler Morales
Tyler Morales

Because she is a manifestation of both the idealized attractiveness and conclusive retardation of the female sex, with none of our world's social filters applied.

Everything bad, everything sexy, nothing good.

Ryder Martin
Ryder Martin

I'm going to need some text to validate that statement.

Grayson Martinez
Grayson Martinez

best girl not winning
This needs to stop

Elijah Sanders
Elijah Sanders

But best girl just won.

Blake Cooper
Blake Cooper

People honestly think it won't be a harem ending

Cameron Howard
Cameron Howard

Mfw Megumin confirmed winner

Jordan King
Jordan King

There was a WN right? how'd that play out?

Ethan Howard
Ethan Howard

I would be ok if it was just Megumin and Darkness really.

Henry Williams
Henry Williams

tfw didn't like Darkness that much season 1 but thought she was A+ in season 2
Love Darkness and Megumin and don't want to see either one hurt
Please no more.

David Torres
David Torres

I really enjoy the Kazuma-Aqua dynamic as a friendship. I hear she won in the WN which I can barely wrap my head around given how they are.

Cameron Lopez
Cameron Lopez

I've been a fervent Kazumin supporter since last year, but I feel bad for Darkness after reading her part in volume 12. I'm starting to feel that it's better if they share Kazuma.

Thomas Adams
Thomas Adams

series devolves into a standard isekai harem

Shame. The romance stuff was better as a joke.

Liam Harris
Liam Harris

She didn't win. The WN ending was as open as it could be.
Kazuma was about to reincarnate on Earth, but then he saw a future vision of Megumin and Darkness looking for his remains and decided to come back. He brings Eris with him, then Aqua drags him somewhere and thanks him for bringing her into this world. It's implied at the end that Aqua fell in love with him, but the other two are also in love and they're still living together, which means it was a harem ending of sorts.

Andrew Green
Andrew Green

How did these people suddenly mature to the point of being able to discuss these feelings in an adult fashion? Do the characters really mature that much from season 2 anime until volume 12 LN? Or is this just some out of character personification of a conversation the author is having with the audience?

Jordan Gutierrez
Jordan Gutierrez

Do the characters really mature that much from season 2 anime until volume 12 LN?
Yes, all the characters have grown a lot, except Aqua. Megumin in particular received a lot of character development.

Eli Perez
Eli Perez

It's okay when KonoSuba does it. No really, I have no issue with the story primarily revolving around friendships with sexual antics that develop into genuine romantic feelings. Plus Darkness just got rejected so we don't know if it's a harem or just a straight Megumin win yet.

Dominic Powell
Dominic Powell

Love drama bullshit in konosuba
Why?

Elijah Hall
Elijah Hall

"Will I really not work?"
That's kind of sad. Not even gonna front.

Nicholas Nelson
Nicholas Nelson

Because she's a dumb cocksleeve.

Hudson Williams
Hudson Williams

nothing happened in the end
the WN way too different to the LN tho

Ethan Sanders
Ethan Sanders

The thing is that the first 4 volumes are basically to set up the world and the characters.
Megumin, for instance, is your explosion maniac, loli, chunni meme, but in V5 epilogue, she offers to drop explosions for Advanced Magic to Kazuma, since she realized being an explosion maniac loli chunni is making her more than a liability than an asset

Zachary Young
Zachary Young

because the web novel had it in the first place

Ryan Sanchez
Ryan Sanchez

Why couldn't it have been the OTP?

Zachary Rogers
Zachary Rogers

I honestly don't care who Kazuma ends up with. I just hope they don't fucking drag Wiz into it.

Tyler Brown
Tyler Brown

that wont happen

Luis Rivera
Luis Rivera

Darkness NTR'd
Why female getting NTR'd turn me on so much.
https://exhentai.org/g/1050028/1cfe9201af/

Nicholas Stewart
Nicholas Stewart

you've gotta be fucking joking here right?

Benjamin Watson
Benjamin Watson

My other fav bits from this -

Aiden Scott
Aiden Scott

Kazuma is actually being a gentleman here.

Andrew Evans
Andrew Evans

Where can I find volume 12 translated?

Ian Howard
Ian Howard

Only chapter 1 and Darkness' confession are translated.

Ethan Jackson
Ethan Jackson

This isn't the Kuzuma I love and know. What happened to him?

Andrew Powell
Andrew Powell

Where though? Yuns doesn't have it on his site, is someone else translating?

Thomas Myers
Thomas Myers

Kazuma was never a full-on trashlord. His personality was always contrasted, and he was always insecure about love and sex matters.

Jordan Bailey
Jordan Bailey

It's Urano- (the guy who Tl'd most of v11 for over at Yuns)

Levi Perez
Levi Perez

Uranophane has been translating the novel since Continued Explosion and V11.
https://mega.nz/#!OI40gbwR!Q7aGcPP-n7it-wRFazLp--B6gsK4CzmZx9SeC9dWS_w
This version of chapter 1 is missing the first part, so you'll have to wait a while to read it entirely.

Adrian Carter
Adrian Carter

Thank you both.

Anthony Reyes
Anthony Reyes

I liked scumbags
is this a flag, will Darkness end up with some faceless who after this?

Jaxson Morris
Jaxson Morris

he was always insecure about love and sex matters.
Not in the anime. Guess I'm bailing when they start adapting the romance volumes.

Owen Scott
Owen Scott

These are some intelligent anons.

Hudson Howard
Hudson Howard

Dust.
More seriously, no. The author seems to want everyone to have a happy end.

Brody Jackson
Brody Jackson

otaku fiction referencing how much it is like other otaku fiction
I wish hack writers would stop doing this

Dylan Allen
Dylan Allen

Megumin isn't gay.

Luis Miller
Luis Miller

is this really how the LN is written? its like fucking fanfiction

Ian Young
Ian Young

Yeah I'd like a everyone gets a happy ending sort of deal too honestly, The group dynamic is great and I think the romance kinda tosses the group dynamic into the air for better or worse.

Luke Roberts
Luke Roberts

Well that's a bummer. She's a vapid slut but even she doesn't deserve this.

Josiah Collins
Josiah Collins

Light novels are all written like that. Becoming a good writer is even harder in Japan than in other countries because of the nature of their writing system. If LN authors could write at all, they would be making actual literature.

Connor Johnson
Connor Johnson

LN is the lowest form of literature aside from books for literal children. Most have shit writing, and Konosuba is mediocre even within its medium. Just stick to the anime unless you live and breath waifufaggotry.

Joseph King
Joseph King

Not all, there are quite a few exceptions to that high school level of writing.

Tyler Roberts
Tyler Roberts

Can't wait for Megumin's steamy moment to be adapted.

Christopher Morgan
Christopher Morgan

is the rest of volume 11 out somewhere? Chapter 5+

Ian Edwards
Ian Edwards

The lack of waifufaggotry in the anime is refreshing. The MC is surrounded by attractive girls but whenever he isn't mocking or insulting them he's just idly perving on them because he knows a relationship with any of them would be a waste of time. Because they're stupid.

Leo Cooper
Leo Cooper

On the one hand, it sucks that best girl is losing. On the other, from the excerpts that have been posted, at least he's trying to firmly shut her down instead of leading her on. That was one of my biggest issues with Arifureta

Grayson Richardson
Grayson Richardson

Megumin is my favorite anime girl in years
don't really like that she's "winning" because I know the author is listening popularity polls and turning Konosuba into harem garbage that shit-taste otaku love

Camden Morgan
Camden Morgan

Isn't Arifureta pretty shit as a whole though, not just the romance?

Ian Butler
Ian Butler

It's ok, she does her level headed best to RAPE him for it....

Owen Sullivan
Owen Sullivan

Fuck Megumin and every pedophile that likes her. She was already the least funny character in the party, now she devolves the series into a shitty Isekai love drama. Awful character.

I suppose those of us with taste can at least take solace in the fact that this garbage will never be animated.

Hudson Thompson
Hudson Thompson

Author should have just kept the story a trashy fun comedy.

Jonathan Garcia
Jonathan Garcia

Nice bait. The romance was always there, it's just more focused then in the WN. This is also reducing the harem-ness of Konosuba in actuality.

Easton James
Easton James

What? The author adapted the rejection scene directly from the web novel from 4 years ago. Her popularity has nothing to do with the events of volume 12.

Jeremiah Wood
Jeremiah Wood

In which case Kqzuma should have committed to Megumin early in the story, instead of playing harem and jerking the other girls (and the audience) around with romance drama.

William Rodriguez
William Rodriguez

Sure, the only reason she became the most popular character is because people are pedophiles. She's also the least funny character, as shown by the millions of views on her MAD videos on niconico.

Evan Rivera
Evan Rivera

now she devolves the series into a shitty Isekai love drama
You're either stupid or haven't read the novels, because the first character to make a move on Kazuma was Darkness. Did we suddenly forget how much of a shitshow volume 7 was?

William Murphy
William Murphy

He didn't drag it out, rather he built it up. The way way that it occurred is was is so unlike the common trope for this crap. Furthermore, in terms of actual romance baiting, Only Megumin and Iris were the game anyway from Kazuma's POV. Darkness was always 'in charge of the erotic stuff' and nothing more. They became genuine close friends, which is why Kazuma is suddenly opening up about his feelings about Megumin to her...That's a level of trust he hadn't really shared aside from her till now.

Grayson Kelly
Grayson Kelly

Enjoy Konosuba for comfy autistic adventurers
Suddenly all this drama and romance

Fucking why.

Levi Clark
Levi Clark

Suddenly
kek it's been building for years you scrub, damn anime only fags.

John Williams
John Williams

Welp

Lucas Cruz
Lucas Cruz

where'd you get these? my usual place hasn't even finished v. 11

James Russell
James Russell

Konosuba/Unison League crossover
The fire Chomus are a nice touch.

Joshua Flores
Joshua Flores

Welp, Konosuba is dead, I fucking knew it!
After this point the comedy and the synergy between the main characters will be so forced that even Aqua wouldn't be able to save this shit.
Thanks nips
Thanks waifufaggots

Jace Mitchell
Jace Mitchell

konosuba turns into drama shit and romance crap

I want Aquasama to deliver us from this evil.

Robert Rogers
Robert Rogers

Emilia and Megnium have the same seiyuu
Like pottery.

Jaxson Myers
Jaxson Myers

even Aqua wouldn't be able to save this shit
I genuinely don't understand why you would hold Aqua at a higher level of standard. The idea that a character can "save" a series is retarded when all the decisions are up to the author, and even more so when it's Aqua.

Landon Young
Landon Young

reading light novels

Oliver Clark
Oliver Clark

Because she's the only main character not involved in this romance/drama bullshit.

David Anderson
David Anderson

In a comedy, your best player is always your best comic relief
It's not rocket science.

Or maybe you forgot Konosuba got his popularity through making people believe it was a "diferent kind of"comedy.

Caleb Mitchell
Caleb Mitchell

The source basically-

Also v11 is actually done, just not fully edited and posted....

Jaxon Gray
Jaxon Gray

But Aqua isn't funny.

Nicholas Gonzalez
Nicholas Gonzalez

Konosuba would be terrible without Aqua, very little of its comedy would work without her being there.

Ayden Russell
Ayden Russell

Objectively wrong.

Isaiah Davis
Isaiah Davis

Is that why her arc in S2 was so terrible? I think the comedy works better when it's less about her and more about the whole party.

Kevin Phillips
Kevin Phillips

Konosuba exist literally thanks to her.
Konosuba without Aqua is like DB without Goku.

Zachary Lewis
Zachary Lewis

It wasn't though.

Connor Carter
Connor Carter

Konosuba without Aqua is like DB without Goku.

Konosuba without Aqua is like DB without BULMA.
FIXED

Robert Bailey
Robert Bailey

How many more chapters are left in 11?

Robert Gomez
Robert Gomez

The Axis cult gags were the most tired jokes I've ever seen. I found Aqua funnier when she was locked in a cage trying to purify the lake.

Xavier Powell
Xavier Powell

Oh but the explosion and masochistic "jokes" weren't?

Aaron Phillips
Aaron Phillips

more about the whole party
Like the new OVA?

Brandon Bell
Brandon Bell

Yes, that's what I had in mind.
They did their time in S1, weren't too cumbersome in S2 and the marriage part was funny for other reasons.

Nicholas Young
Nicholas Young

The shift in tone between the previous volume and the current volume has like zero buildup or foreshadowing at all.

Last volume, was all Iris and then suddenly relationship drama in the recent volume?

What the fuck.

Colton Murphy
Colton Murphy

There are five chapters total and the epilogue....

So two more releases (or one if we are lucky)

Unedited pastebin chapter 5

https://pastebin.com/iSnBGG95

Unedited EP

https://pastebin.com/GVVivs2h

Julian Parker
Julian Parker

How does the Axis cult gag relate to Aqua being funny or not?

Ayden Gonzalez
Ayden Gonzalez

penis

Grayson Bell
Grayson Bell

Why her arc in S2 was so terrible?
Think a little about it.
Alacarentia Arc
1. Aqua off screen half of the time
2. Kazuma alone or hanging out with Megumin or Darkness (Booooring)
3. Wiz (She VS the rookie killer was good but got cutted of the anime)
4. Aqua never appears alone or doing something relevant.
5. The best comic moment was Kazuma confesing his sins to Aqua.
5. The final battle sucks because the author sucks, not because Aqua..

Daniel Price
Daniel Price

It was Aqua that finally convinced Kazuma to get his butt off the ground and finally confront the Demon King.

It was because Kazuma saw Aqua staring at the stars one day in complete silence and he couldn't speak a word.

I'm not too sure how different in personality web novel Aqua is compared to light novel Aqua, though.

Isaac Adams
Isaac Adams

Because she took part in some of them. I'm sorry, but the parlor scene was complete shit. "Eris pads her chest" is almost as tired a joke as explosion.

Nathan Baker
Nathan Baker

It doesn't make sense too because Kazuma just got memory wiped and then suddenly regained his memories and didn't really have time to settle in his mansion before the author started doing confessions left and right with zero buildup to them.

Elijah Gray
Elijah Gray

What the fuck? Kazuma hangs out with Aqua all the time, not Megumin.

If anybody makes Kazuma feel free, it is Aqua.

Not only that but barely several days had passed before Kazuma wanted to live with Iris forever.

Zachary Collins
Zachary Collins

Likely editor pressure. Just read the previous volume and this volume. There's no consistency with how Kazuma acts this volume and the previous volume.

Carter Garcia
Carter Garcia

Because fags and fag lovers need to be shot.

Hunter Hernandez
Hunter Hernandez

Well, if anything, Darkness probably just gets turned on by being rejected.

I'd choose Megumin too, she's the least touched in the head out of his party members.

Bentley Lee
Bentley Lee

I'm not sure if you watched even a single episode, but the show makes it pretty fucking clear that Aqua is an headache. She's the most bratty, retarded, selfish piece of shit. Kazuma enjoys his shit team, but being around Aqua is pretty much the opposite of being "free".

Benjamin Price
Benjamin Price

He's still trash don't worry. Right after this Darkness loses it and tries to force herself on Kazuma, but she's really bad at it. Kazuma "resists" by basically walking her through it, saying stuff like "it would be really had if you pinned my wrists down so I couldn't use Drain Touch"

Charles Rodriguez
Charles Rodriguez

But Kazuma never intended to be a NEET or alone.

He was banking on his childhood friend marrying him when he grew up since they promised each other.

But the he saw her riding on the back on a delinquent's bike one day.

So Kazuma did talk to a girl back on Earth before.

I don't understand. Did Kazuma forget his own background.

He was super popular and social on MMOs as well and like he said, everybody depended on him in online games. There's gotta be female gamers he chatted with before even in his NEET phase.

Carter Green
Carter Green

Aqua is what binds him to mediocrity, while Megumin is something akin to his muse; she makes him contemplate a happier future and fills his heart with poetry. There is no competition, Aqua failed as a goddess and consequently became a pet.

Thomas Morales
Thomas Morales

Aqua is his burden, his pet. ..Closer to say his fembro. Either way, he's literally responsible for her.

Megumin in turn has become what he looks to for peace when thinking about facing trouble and his future. Someone to fill in the gaps of his own weaknesses, not be fem-him.

Robert Cooper
Robert Cooper

What, if anything Kazuma was bothered by Darkness being away from home first while Alderp was still lord of the town.

He was the one stressing the most about Darkness's marriage as well.

Also, at the castle, he crashed the nobles's parties just to bother and annoy any of Darkness's male suitors.

You can't deny the 180 Kazuma does in this volume when he acted so differently like at least one week ago in the story.

Nicholas Hernandez
Nicholas Hernandez

Nips in charge of consistency and good taste, this is what happened

Eli Young
Eli Young

Wasn't that girl his cousin?
Also someone said that the gamer friend will appear latter in the volumes

Chase Moore
Chase Moore

suddenly, reddit spacing starts

Joseph Cox
Joseph Cox

thanks friend

Carter Morris
Carter Morris

The anime isn't the novels. The novels mention Kazuma and Aqua's daily schedule is both of them wake up in the morning and start drinking together before sleeping all afternoon, only to wake up around dinnertime and head to the bar or restaurant together where they get drunk again.

Also, all the restaurants in town were visited by both Kazuma and Aqua only not Megumin or Darkness.

Blake Baker
Blake Baker

There is a reason the anime is more popular than the LN.

Owen Watson
Owen Watson

Oh you sweet summer child....

This is likely the same girl he PAID to send him chocolates you realize?

Furthermore, childhood friends don't count in terms of 'talking too'.

Being the unreliable narrator he is, that relationship was probably totally one sided out of elementary school...

The reasons he's always so worried about misunderstanding a girls feelings towards him is precisely because he got is so WRONG that time.

I'd bet you he hadn't said more then a few words to her in the flesh for years before the bike chad incident.

Alexander Lopez
Alexander Lopez

Yes, they hang out together. Because they fucking live together. What a surprise.

Evan Gray
Evan Gray

Aqua is there for Kazuma during his most traumatic experiences.

After nearly getting raped by female orcs, it was only Aqua that calmed Kazuma down when he held on to her hagoromo not Megumin.

Julian Scott
Julian Scott

That isn't the case in Japan, where anime only exists to promote source materials, and where Konosuba is a best-seller that prints millions of books and sold more than 1 billion yen in merchandise.

Ethan Perry
Ethan Perry

Yes, then there's this excerpt from the novel that illustrates what I was saying.

Daniel Wood
Daniel Wood

All this non focus on Darkness the last few chapters.
Kazuma picking flat loli over Darkness.
Kazuma pls.

Cameron Baker
Cameron Baker

They hang out together because they click best together.

Megumin even said it herself. Aqua and Kazuma together was what convinced her to join their party.

Easton Brooks
Easton Brooks

Yes I can,because your reading more into it then there was/is.
Worried that his friend was literally being RAPED for his sake is not love.

Worried that his friend would literally be RAPED for his sake is not love.

Knowing all said nobles are scum and keeping your friend safe from being RAPED is not love.

There was not a single moment in romantic interest (from Kazuma) in all that (shocking concept I know).

The funny thing is, The v12 scenes are genuinely the first such scenes for Darkness.

Perhaps he will start to 'notice her more and more' also after her confession as well?

Cameron Torres
Cameron Torres

Younger girls are better than hags anyway.

Cameron Myers
Cameron Myers

They hang out together because they click best together.
That's making it sound like he ONLY hangs out with Aqua. That's far from truth. Aqua only hangs out with him, Kazuma hangs out with everyone.

Noah Harris
Noah Harris

At the casino kingdom, Megumin was not in Kazuma's mind at all. He didn't get jealous of another male hanging out with Megumin. He put the least thought when selecting gifts for those present as well.

Kazuma gave Aqua a golden rock which left her speechless and Megumin, nothing that special.

Meanwhile, we did have the author mentioning Kazuma annoying the other male nobles from the parties Darkness was attending as fellow nobility.

Elijah King
Elijah King

He doesn't hang out with Megumin. Megumin has been pairing with YunYun for her daily explosions rather than Kazuma.

Darkness does paperwork nobility shit with her father so she doesn't have time to hang out much.

Aqua when not hanging out with Kazuma, hangs out with Vanir and Wiz or does Axis Church Business.

Any other time, Kazuma visits the succubus shop where he is their best customer and he even doesn't come back from the night since Darkness and Megumin that Kazuma does sleep away from home whenever he goes out by himself on those succubus shop days.

Nicholas Phillips
Nicholas Phillips

Past events don't invalidate recent ones. Is it really that hard to understand?
Kazuma was very clear about his feelings for Megumin in the latest volume, so I don't get what you're trying to prove. Are you just in denial or am I missing something?

Juan Gutierrez
Juan Gutierrez

And in the same volume, he was ready to cement his relationship with Megumin and make love to her.

Also, she does things that make his heart go "DOKI DOKI" when they are alone comment in that volume as i recall.

Nolan Thomas
Nolan Thomas

The entire volume of Continued Explosions proves you wrong. Stop arguing, this is a lost cause.

Nicholas Fisher
Nicholas Fisher

I think he is having feelings for Megumin because she was hitting on him first.

Don't forget, he was a turbo virgin with no female contact before coming to a world and living with 3 hot females.

He's probably sperging out internally cause he doesn't know how to handle it.

Brandon Barnes
Brandon Barnes

Why do you format your posts the same way?

Kayden James
Kayden James

Maybe you should read continued explosions because Megumin spent more time with Iris than she did with Kazuma.

Joshua Hughes
Joshua Hughes

Maybe her confession was the catalyst, but it doesn't make his feelings false. Your last argument is proven wrong by the fact that his thoughts are very clear and concise in volume 12.

Jordan Walker
Jordan Walker

I dunno about but my resolution is 3840 × 2160 and I'm afraid of typing too long and making things look tl;dr.

Nicholas Perez
Nicholas Perez

I thought the whole argument was because his feelings don't make sense.

Brody Hughes
Brody Hughes

No, the whole argument is because some reddit spacer wants a harem end and has been posting the same bullshit for four days straight.

Mason Hall
Mason Hall

But they did hang out. Your argument was that they completely stopped hanging out, and it was proven wrong. Laughably so, because you based it on your assumption of what happens and what doesn't happen offscreen.

Angel Sanchez
Angel Sanchez

Because Kazuma thinks about sex all the time to the extent he is the succubus shop's honored patron.

He wasn't joking when he was said okay to making babies with YumYum too.

That's how Kazuma is. He was even desperate enough to do midnight masturbation in a smelly cold barn/ horse stable.

David Walker
David Walker

There a big difference in loving to wank (with assistance) and being willing to deal with the consequences of the real thing.

The Yunyun thing is something of a special case though, but I put it on him figuring it was his best shot at a landing a fairly normal and pretty girl at the time. Also just a funny plot device.... In fact I'd almost say it was because he wasn't close to her he could say/act on it without spilling spaghetti .

Adam Allen
Adam Allen

And explosions show Kazuma barely has reason to hang out with Megumin because his usual destinations are nowhere near close to where Megumin always goes.

And according to Vanir, the girl you see in public in town more often is Aqua together with Kazuma because Vanir has to report to Kazuma on her antics so she can later be forced to apologize.

Zachary Scott
Zachary Scott

I wasn't trying to prove that he doesn't hang out with Aqua. Stop moving the goalposts.

Joshua Mitchell
Joshua Mitchell

Yunyun was taking Megumin at those time preciously because she didn't dare take Kazuma at that time, because she was going to see Iris/ cause trouble.
The other times post v9 was because Megumin simply was to nervous to face him all alone right after her confession.

They still do enough explosion walks that Kazuma rather takes note of the times they don't get to do them.

Caleb Rogers
Caleb Rogers

I mean, Aqua would actually not care and just continue to do Goddess stuff, as slapstick and comedic as Darkness and Megumin can be, they are still just humans, just from another world, but they can relate to Kazuma more the Aqua can.

Charles Hughes
Charles Hughes

you don't have enough nuance in discerning the story to make that assumption, that he was ever going to

Mason Myers
Mason Myers

how many chapters does the anime go up to now?

Hunter Gomez
Hunter Gomez

nigger

Wyatt Hall
Wyatt Hall

Up to the end of volume 4.

Sebastian Allen
Sebastian Allen

Darkness and Megumin can be, they are still just humans
isn't megumin a demon?

Brandon Powell
Brandon Powell

No, her race just has features similar to demons.

Caleb Lee
Caleb Lee

Because bullying Aqua is funny.

Jose Scott
Jose Scott

Finally finished volume 11, Komekko is the best, simply the best. I love how she's being pushed to no ends by the author. That said

“The blue-haired onee-san is so powerful, she punched ghost with her bare fists. The armored onee-san is also very powerful, she got eaten by a giant bird. Onee-chan's boyfriend is also super powerful, he destroyed a woman with weed killer. Onee-chan is also extremely powerful, not sure why.”
So Megumins vast magic power and explosion magic is nothing to her? Just how much potential does she have? After this volume it really looks like she easily outclasses Megumin.
I wanna see her level, stats and accumulated skill points

Benjamin Perez
Benjamin Perez

will I really not work?
At this point she is the most relatable character for me. Or would be if she didn't try to rape Kazuma soon after. Considering he didn't resist either we might be heading for a harem/no romance ending.

Camden Robinson
Camden Robinson

Harem end
Darkness and Megumin decide that they don't want to see the group drift apart and want to keep Kazuma chained to them.
No one tells Aqua and she doesn't notice anything
Darkness would explode in a week after being forced to go at Megumin's speed

Luis Smith
Luis Smith

A harem ending is not a happy end for Megumeme. A monogamous ending is not a good end for one of the girls.

A happy ending for darkness would be getting caught by the bad guys and raped to death before the final battle.

Angel Edwards
Angel Edwards

I really don't like thinking about Konosuba ending. I appreciate the fact that it's ongoing because the characters feel alive and evolving that way.
It's going to suck once it ends and we get no more Megumin, Kazuma, Aqua and Darkness.

Ethan Parker
Ethan Parker

this is the one series where I don't give a flying fuck about the manga and hope the anime goes it's own way. I like the 3 stooge females and the sum bucket dude. I like them being idiots. I want this to stay a comedy and not a rom com.

Thomas Myers
Thomas Myers

He's more perverted in the LN though

Thomas Wilson
Thomas Wilson

Season 3 wouldn't have any romance anyway. Touching moments, but no romance.

John King
John King

good to kmwo, you can keep the manga and canon story. I enjoy the sheer entertainment of the anime. It finally made female characters funny and not part of a romantic subplot.

Austin Cooper
Austin Cooper

HAHA WA YUIYUI

Camden Foster
Camden Foster

CHICHI WA HYOIZABUROO

Mason Hernandez
Mason Hernandez

This doesn't even feel like it's Konosuba at all.

Connor Watson
Connor Watson

IMOUTO WA SEKEI DE ICHIBAN TSUYOI MAJUTSUSHI

Carson Fisher
Carson Fisher

Megumin's introduction was really well done. I knew she was going to be a blast as soon as she appeared.
I think that's why she's so popular.

Hunter Rogers
Hunter Rogers

Konosuba is doing two volumes per season, right?
Does that mean that S3 would be the Crimson Demon village?

Julian Myers
Julian Myers

Yes, and royal court.

Camden Hill
Camden Hill

Would season 3 cover the immediate next arc in the light novel?
I don't know, you tell me

Evan Jones
Evan Jones

Wow Kazuma is being a decent person and not a lecherous fuck for once.

Angel Powell
Angel Powell

He knows when shit is serious and will adapt to the situation. It's just that, since they're basically all fucking around all all the time, he never needs to be serious.

Charles Sanders
Charles Sanders

Did you come straight off the anime?

Bentley Sullivan
Bentley Sullivan

Yeah. I want to see the part where he btfos magic sword guy

Eli Gutierrez
Eli Gutierrez

He instructs Darkness on how to rape him a little bit later I believe. He is still a scumfuck

Samuel Williams
Samuel Williams

Still the fact that he doesn't go full "guhehehe now I'm in a new world I'll make a harem huhehehe" like a lot isekai MC really makes him special.

Coincidentally, that's also the only good thing about Arifureta's MC.

Charles Morgan
Charles Morgan

It will probably all ed in a harem anyway considering how he seems incapable of monogamy

Andrew Jenkins
Andrew Jenkins

When will her tyranny end?

Jeremiah Smith
Jeremiah Smith

still in being in denial
It's not going to happen and it never was

Landon Flores
Landon Flores

I wouldn't bother reading spoilers when the author would spend a whole fucking chapter to the build up.

Someone once gave the final episode of Cowboy Bebop as a sample then went, why don't you find this series great?

Brody Lopez
Brody Lopez

Nice. No consistency in how Kazuma acts at all because of what the popularity demands. Guess that's what happens when shit runs for too long and gets too popular. Time to move on.

Levi Powell
Levi Powell

Funny, because the events of volume 12 were directly adapted from the web novel.

Gavin Torres
Gavin Torres

promises one girl they will be a couple
tells another one he doesnt want a threeway relationship
a little later he goes ahead to run the second girl through the process of how she should rape him
not a scumfuck looking for a harem

Since the all seem bothered with how the party dynamics would change if two members get in a deep relationship, everyone being a bunch of fuckbuddies basically solves the issue.

Jack Gutierrez
Jack Gutierrez

I hate LNs. Horrible fucking writing. Characters are 10 times more entertaining on the show. This shipping shit doesn't belong in the series.

Eli Howard
Eli Howard

That was him losing himself to his lust in the heat of the moment, but it's not going to happen. The LN tells you this right to your face, and you're starting in denial

Kayden Bennett
Kayden Bennett

If we get a season 3 I really hope this sappy romance shit doesn't make it through. I'd be okay with Megumin and him hooking up in the end, but the whore thing with Darkness feeling horrible about it all and trying to force herself on him afterwards feels really out of place with the fun happy-go-lucky feel of the show. It reads like a shitty twilight fanfic.

Jeremiah Perez
Jeremiah Perez

At a rate of two volumes per seasons, it'd be adapted in season 6 anyway.

Colton Miller
Colton Miller

It doesnt tell me anything in my face other than Kazuma talking the talk but being unable t walk the walk afterwards because of his weak character and self-control. He will probably end up breaking Megumin's heart or she will learn to live with him being a scummy person.

Kevin Garcia
Kevin Garcia

Agreed.
You can't have comedic timing or uncomfortable silences in a book.

Landon Clark
Landon Clark

“...But… I’m sorry. I already have someone in my heart. I’m not thick-skinned enough to respond to the person who just confessed to me that ‘I liked them back’ under this circumstance. I’m not handsome and smooth enough to co-pilot two ships either. I’m just not that kind of person. I can’t be with you.”

Thomas Brown
Thomas Brown

Thats part of the talk that didn't lead to him actually sticking to it later on. He just cant do it.

Charles Rogers
Charles Rogers

What happens if Kazuma got his lust satisfied?

Aaron Thomas
Aaron Thomas

As a Darknessfag I am slightly saddened. But she would be happy being a 2nd maiden

Thomas Morales
Thomas Morales

Please tell me why the fuck Megumin

She's lolibait

He had much better compatibility with Darkness

Juan Evans
Juan Evans

That's not true. Kazuma/Megumin is my favorite dynamic.

William Cooper
William Cooper

Right? I don't undersand this either.
They're a good duo but just that. How can you even see them well as romantic partners? Fuck the author.

Hudson Reyes
Hudson Reyes

konosuba thread

Nolan Jackson
Nolan Jackson

Poor Aqua.

Luis Jenkins
Luis Jenkins

t. Butthurt Darkness-fag

James Baker
James Baker

Well, to be fair cow tits are always a no go.
And Aqua is too dumb.

And besides that, Megumin a pretty cute and has the least screws loose out of the party.

Isaac Moore
Isaac Moore

I don't know if they're the "best" romantic wise, but I sure as hell thought it was the most boring dynamic.

Elijah Peterson
Elijah Peterson

How can you even see them well as romantic partners?
How can't you? They're both teens, similarly intelligent, manipulative, and their interactions are cute. From a Japanese standpoint, they actually are close to the ideal couple.

James Lopez
James Lopez

Kazuma and Meg are more like annoyed onii-san/irresponsible imouto. I'm not sure where the author thought he could make these two work. Because they don't.

Clearly Darkness and Kazuma work much better together.

Aqua is a goddess and frankly I think they secretly hate each other to a degree, so they would never work.

Carter Torres
Carter Torres

I didn't. I thought the bath scene was a high point in terms of comedy.
The reason you think they're boring is because their dynamic didn't get much exposure in the anime.

Aaron Martinez
Aaron Martinez

Kazuma already has an incredibly strong and rich imouto

Levi Miller
Levi Miller

What I find wierdest is
Kazuma doesn't even consider Megumin a woman at all, just a kid
Isn't attracted to her
Insists he isn't a lolicon
Even dares to get in the bath with her because she barely registers as a girl in his mind
Megumin turns 14 with no noticeable physicial change
Suddenly Kazuma is lusting for her

Xavier Bell
Xavier Bell

Do publishers enforce these 1 girl only endings or something?

Colton James
Colton James

Dammit romantic drama.

Love Hina was a mistake/Nips can't into romance

Michael James
Michael James

The bath scene was funny, but I still don't find it as hilarious as some of the moments he had with the other girls.

Juan Long
Juan Long

dumbfuck author likes his lolies

Nicholas Lewis
Nicholas Lewis

Kazuma is only pretending not to be a lolicon according to Vanir. He's a huge lolicon in denial, and Megumin entering his "strike zone" gave him an excuse to pursue his fetish.

Charles Walker
Charles Walker

Frankly the anime is a shit load more entertaining than the LNs. The LNs are fucking bad, like most LNs.

Aaron Diaz
Aaron Diaz

why

Elijah Anderson
Elijah Anderson

That's dumb as fuck and sounds like a terrible, half-assed excuse from the author to just suddenly change Kazuma's tastes.

He spent the entire time saying how much he prefers the older onee-san type and not even reacting to loli and then suddenly "he was in denial all along"?

Luke Parker
Luke Parker

Kazuma even mentions in the novels that girls like the Guild Receptionist and Wiz are the type of bodies he likes.

Ethan Green
Ethan Green

"Will I really not work?"
Fuck that hit me hard.

Henry King
Henry King

Harems are degenerate/women don't like sharing/too hard to make harem ends reasonable without devolving into that one cancelled dungeon manga with a chad MC.

Megumeme is popular. Make her the winner. Pure and simple.

Robert Young
Robert Young

That's bullshit when his succubus dreams all have the oneesan archetype.

Nolan Smith
Nolan Smith

It makes sense to let the most popular girl win.

Also Lalatina gives Kazuma a migraine/she's kinda rapey.

Juan Lee
Juan Lee

Unreliable narrator, etc. Sure, he prefers the onee-san type, but he picks up on Megumin's loli features as soon as she first appears, calling her a "beautiful porcelain doll" I think. There's no way this guy who always wanted a little sister wasn't a lolicon.

Ryder Carter
Ryder Carter

Kazuma and Eris have a better dynamic.

Alexander Price
Alexander Price

all
How do you know?

John Garcia
John Garcia

Recall when he visited the Succubus cafe, he asked the mistress if there was an age limit in shady kinda way. In addition, when he first meets Eris and Aqua calls her out for being flat chested Kazuma states that he doesn't mind. Both of these things imply despite admiring well endowed females, his preference is flat loli. Despite being Darkness fag myself I could see MeguminXKazuma coming from the get go.

Why do good girls always lose

Bentley Flores
Bentley Flores

This "unreliable narrator" shit is getting really old. At this point it's just an excuse to justify whatever and ignore everything that's happened previously.

Jonathan Morris
Jonathan Morris

If this was animated, viewers would wonder how come the last episode, Kazuma was promising to be with Iris forever and then the next episode, Kazuma suddenly loves Megumin.

Ryan James
Ryan James

he asked the mistress if there was an age limit in shady kinda way
Wasn't that because of the straight shota dreams?

Lucas Bell
Lucas Bell

I think they secretly hate each other to a degree
secretly
A real secret would be that they actually like each other

Carter Anderson
Carter Anderson

That would make less sense.

Bentley Murphy
Bentley Murphy

Still the fact that he doesn't go full "guhehehe now I'm in a new world I'll make a harem huhehehe" like a lot isekai MC really makes him special.

Did you not read the novel because the last volume, Kazuma acted this way by egging on Iris and Megumin to say aloud the reason why they like him. He was enjoying his harem.

Adrian Davis
Adrian Davis

Kazuma shifting Megumin's position to feel her chest also isn't a OVA-only thing. It happens in the novel version of the Veldia fight too. Also: Kazuma was always a lolicon but I wouldn't say that it's his preference.

William Hernandez
William Hernandez

I'm pretty sure it was in reference to the kind of female he wanted, the succubus that comes for him in the anime was tiny and naive. But even Kazuma admits he doesn't quite remember what he asked for.

Jace Baker
Jace Baker

That's the pitiful excuse Meguminfags use

Alexander Gonzalez
Alexander Gonzalez

We're having a discussion between adults here. Take your waifu war terms back to your containment thread.

Brandon Jones
Brandon Jones

haha yes waifu wars xd

Christopher Cruz
Christopher Cruz

Everyone uses that stupid excuse and I don't understand why. I don't remember him not stating events exactly how they happened when speaking as the narrator

Gavin Kelly
Gavin Kelly

Kazuma also protected loli succ, didn't he?

Wyatt Walker
Wyatt Walker

False, you keep ignoring the fact Kazuma says his preference for body type multiple times in several different volumes.

Kazuma's first succubus dream he requested was a big breasted oneesan.

The guild receptionist hits the checkmarks on the traits he seeks.

Kazuma also went over to the Demon King side based on how comfortable it was putting his head and laying down on the Futa Chimera's boobs before Kazuma discovered that she was a futa.

Kazuma almost went to the Demon King side due to Brown Demon Tits.

There's more evidence that Kazuma likes big breasts than being a lolicon.

Joseph Diaz
Joseph Diaz

But isn't it just like Kazuma to lie to himself about his preferences?

Hunter King
Hunter King

I'm not ignoring it. I agree that onee-sans are his preference, I just don't believe that the lolicon denial part was shoehorned into the story.

Robert Nguyen
Robert Nguyen

so basically the author is an inconsistent lolicon

Ryder Torres
Ryder Torres

Delusional Meguminfags like these two here suddenly start claiming Kazuma is an unreliable narrtorr when Kazuma has never lied about actual events in the story.

Kazuma has been consistent toward describing his ideal body type and the actions in the story shows him consistently liking big breasts.

Juan Watson
Juan Watson

Not really? How many times has Kazuma actually lied to himself? The only minimally similar thing I can think of is when he was about to reincarnate again and he realized he would miss fantasy Australia and his party. And that's not so much lying to himself as just a realization. Where else has he ever "lied to himself about his preferences"? He's always been superhonest about them.

Aaron Perry
Aaron Perry

waifu wars
/out/

Luke Allen
Luke Allen

Kazuma couldn't take his eyes off Wolbach's tits the first time he met her and the second time he took a bath with her.

Sorry but there's more proof and evidence that Kazuma is a Big Tits Man in the story than a Flat Chest Fan.

I wouldn't call Kazuma a lolicon when he enjoys big breasts this much.

Andrew Campbell
Andrew Campbell

I can't fucking stand it. It makes for a really shitty story if the author uses it to just keep contradicting himself because he changes opinion midway. I've read novels that used the unreliable narrator trope before and none of them used it like this. I've seen it happen with MCs that were cowardly as hell and thought of themselves as cowards but always ended up putting themselves in harm's way for other people, or MCs that thought they were doing good and were actually just establishing their own evil empire.

This "ha ha I guess I was in denial all along" shit is not an unreliable narrator, it's just an asspull.

Joseph Taylor
Joseph Taylor

I told you, we're having a talk between adults here. Take your waifu wars somewhere else.

Ryan Campbell
Ryan Campbell

You should stop samefagging, Meguminfag. Maybe you should posting lies about Kazuma being an unreliable narrator.

Joshua Morales
Joshua Morales

That's all.

Kevin Barnes
Kevin Barnes

lol wtf is this shit, is this real or just some really bad fanfiction

Logan Hill
Logan Hill

Oh boy, here comes the metaposting.

Liam Bennett
Liam Bennett

Kazuma has never been or implied to be an unreliable narrator however

Brody Baker
Brody Baker

It never ceases to amaze me how you guys fail to read their relationships, especially Aquas

Aqua
They both obviously care for each other, which is pretty apparent at the beginning of the 11th volume. They just don't need to show it, or rather, they like to tease each other much more. They also understand each other more than anyone else, since they were both practically NEETs who just lazed around doing nothing but play games while eating snacks, before they're suddenly thrown into fantasy Australia. Thus went through the first culture shock, got wasted together, lived together, etc. There's just simply no romantic thing between them, nothing. Their relationship is purely platonic, which is also what makes it so great. They don't leave any room for drama as long as the other one is still home at the end of the day.

Darkness
Darkness and Kazuma may work well together in a romantic relationship, but that's pretty much irrelevant cause Darkness doesn't take the initiative. While Megumin gets her intimate moments with Kazuma and sometimes even goes out of her way for them, Darkness is completely passive in that regard. She only really comes to his bedroom, if there's an underlying reason like drugging him to sleep. So while it may work out with her, she's simply to late.
Completely disregarding the fact, that she's crazily masochistic, which is more a turn off for Kazuma it seems.

Jonathan Scott
Jonathan Scott

Megumin
Much like the other two, she knows what he's thinking most of the time and vice-versa. Kazuma supports her in her path to the greatest explosion mage while she completely accepts his unorthodox ways to fight. And as the other anons said, they're also the two normal ones out of the bunch, so they oftentimes share the same thought. Consequentially, they're also good playmates for each other as oftentimes shown. See for example the chuuni competition they both participated, where Kazuma won. Her chuuniness in general isn't even that off-putting, since she acts rather normal and Kazuma knows exactly how to deal with it anyway.
It's no wonder Megumin is coming out on top of the other two. Darkness might've had a chance if she actually did something.

Reminder that pic related was his first order at the succubus shop.

Brandon Williams
Brandon Williams

lol whatever nerd

Jason Evans
Jason Evans

Lol whatever nerd

Thomas White
Thomas White

lol whatever nerd

Bentley Lee
Bentley Lee

lol whatever nerds

Wyatt Smith
Wyatt Smith

Stop fucking using the succubus as an excuse to justify his loli tendencies. It's a DREAM. THe succubus has nothing to do with it other than delivering it. The only dream we're explicitly shown shows that the one you see in the dream isn't a succubus.

Jeremiah Miller
Jeremiah Miller

being this mad

Connor Garcia
Connor Garcia

pic related was his first order at the succubus shop
You don't order a succubus you order a dream
That's why he thought Darkness was a part of it

Connor Lewis
Connor Lewis

As an anime only fan, what surprises me most about this whole situation is the the reaction. Firstly, I thought Megumin was popular, so people would be more expecting and accepting of this. Second, I'm not sure how this surprises anyone. It seemed so obvious Megumin had the best chance, at least in the anime.

Aqua was never even an option. And Eris was a Goddess and a side character. I didn't really expect anything there. Kazuma only really had choice between Megumin and Darkness. Both of them received a fair amount of "hints", but Darkness was pretty much always downplayed as a joke, as both of them just being perverts. He had the most "normal" relationship with Megumin, as she was the most sane one in his group. This really shouldn't be coming to anyone as a surprise.

Nathaniel Hughes
Nathaniel Hughes

they're also the two normal ones out of the bunch, so they oftentimes share the same thought.

That's a lie. Kazuma and Aqua share the same thoughts more often than anybody else.

Megumin couldn't even tell the reason why Kazuma delayed so long in coming back from the capital while Aqua perfectly guessed what happened between Kazuma and Iris and why Kazuma decided to live forever with Iris until that memory wipe potion happened/

Ian Walker
Ian Walker

Firstly, I thought Megumin was popular, so people would be more expecting and accepting of this
I like her the most, that's why I don't necessarily like her current characterization.

Brody Fisher
Brody Fisher

Firstly, I thought Megumin was popular, so people would be more expecting and accepting of this.
I'm not so upset at Megumin as much as how this whole romance thing is written.

Sebastian Sullivan
Sebastian Sullivan

Kazuma and Aqua share the same thoughts more often than anybody else.
I don't see how that disproves his statement.

Carson Thompson
Carson Thompson

That still doesn't prove your bullshit lie that Kazuma is an unreliable narrator.

Kazuma ordered a dream about a big breasted oneesan not a flat chested loli.

Under normal circumstances, Kazuma would not have even seen her face because he is suppose to be already asleep before she arrives to Kazuma's room in order to deliver the dream he ordered.

The succubi that Kazuma hangs out with later are also the big breasted type.

This flat chested succubus is only seen again in the story when it involves Vanir since she seems to admire or have a crush on Vanir.

Ryder Martin
Ryder Martin

As I said, Kazuma and Aqua understand each other the best, that's why Aqua can guess his behavior the best. Megumin however reacts in a similar fashion as Kazuma to most situations. Mostly seen with Axis cultists, but also in other situations since Aqua and Darkness basically succumb to their instincts immediately.

Zachary Rivera
Zachary Rivera

Because Megumin can't tell when Kazuma lies so it disproves the fact that Megumin shares the same thoughts as Kazuma because only someone like Aqua who perfectly understands Kazuma's mind, can tell when he is lying or guess the reasons behind Kazuma's actions.

Oliver Wright
Oliver Wright

Characterization as what? That she likes Kazuma? What is there to not like about that?

That's more understandable. I, too, don't like how this drama is looking. Konosuba so far had even made a joke out of Kazuma's death, so some random bits of seriousness like this don't fit the tone of the series.

Landon Hall
Landon Hall

she knows what he's thinking most of the time and vice-versa
they're also the two normal ones out of the bunch, so they oftentimes share the same thought
This is what shipperfaggotry looks like.

Bentley Diaz
Bentley Diaz

Why are you guys picking on Megumin so much?

Doesn't she have the right to have love like any other girl!?

You're making her cry!

Isaiah Williams
Isaiah Williams

I feel that she mellowed out too much since her confession to Kazuma.

Jonathan Parker
Jonathan Parker

No she doesn't.

William Gutierrez
William Gutierrez

"i love megumin"
implying anything is ever going to happen beyond strong eye contact and smiling
implying the series won't end with the most platonic of 'relationships' ever if anything
implying this isn't a weaselly way to sink ships while staying on the safest and least interesting route
The fact this is so obvious hurts the most.

Jackson Collins
Jackson Collins

Ok fine, I was wrong there. However that still only means he likes big breasted nee-sans sexually and has little to do with the actual development of their relationships.

Daniel Walker
Daniel Walker

She does but she doesn't have the right to monopolize kuzuma like this
plus, she's getting in the way of him and his dream girl
when Darkness showed up in the bath Kazuma quickly accepted it, if Megumin had shown up he would've freaked out

Josiah Hughes
Josiah Hughes

He took a bath with Megumin before and acted totally uninterested.

Isaiah Evans
Isaiah Evans

I feel like Megumin in general has mellowed way too much throughout the story. Originally she was just as bad as the other two with her chuuni shit. The fact that people now consider her the "normal" one just shows that the author forgot halfway through to show her comic side.

Gavin Robinson
Gavin Robinson

Why are you guys picking on Megumin so much?

Nathaniel Cooper
Nathaniel Cooper

Raped by female orcs
Traumatic

Brandon Lewis
Brandon Lewis

Aqua does understand Kazuma, but not beyond the traits they have in common(drunkards, scumbags, NEETs, you name it). But Kazuma has a good side that I've never seen Aqua react to.

Jacob Rogers
Jacob Rogers

That does sound traumatic from the way they were described

Colton Walker
Colton Walker

Would that really change anything though? Darkness woud just get more turned on by the rejection than by acceptance.

Jaxson Ward
Jaxson Ward

Maybe if the author had not written an Iris volume that ended with Iris and Kazuma yelling at each other in a desperate goodbye and then days later, suddenly Megumin and Kazuma becoming a couple; this wouldn't leave such a bad taste in everyone's mouths.

Nathan Roberts
Nathan Roberts

Kazuma has a good side that I've never seen Aqua react to
Just wait for her character arc near the end of the story
LNs have a tendency to tie character development directly to MC affection

Henry Diaz
Henry Diaz

people now consider her the "normal" one
That's not really new, always been a common sentiment since S1. But she was fine the way she was in the anime, and I don't like that she's not as crazy as she used to. She'll always be my favorite, and I guess it's nothing more than character development, but I just don't like it.

Elijah Parker
Elijah Parker

Kazuma always remembers to collect rocks for Aqua.

Aqua always remembers to make something Japanese for Kazuma to enjoy like during the festival, the first thing she constructed was a fishing stall.

And yeah, Aqua reacted to Kazuma's good side, she reacted so hard to Kazuma giving her a golden rock in the casino kingdom plotline, that she was speechless for the first time in the story.

Wyatt Howard
Wyatt Howard

This is really easy. Everyone who ironically self-inserted into Kazuma because he was /ourguy/ is getting fucked in the ass because he didn't chose their waifu.
That's it. The whole drama.

Gabriel Butler
Gabriel Butler

I feel like Megumin in general has mellowed way too much throughout the story.
You mean throughout her introduction instead of story, right? Because was really only bad in the beginning of her introduction. As soon as her love for Explosion magic was revealed, there was nothing else "bad" about her left. Otherwise, she was the sane one. Even more sane than Kazuma in some cases.

Jose Baker
Jose Baker

reddit spacing

Thomas Long
Thomas Long

shippers ruin everything

Angel Thompson
Angel Thompson

It's proabably better to say they're the reasonable ones in the party. They act out sometimes, especially Megumin, but they're both still fairly logical

John Young
John Young

reddit quoting

Carter Smith
Carter Smith

They "ruin" online discussion. It happens on every series so you better learn to deal with it my boy

James Flores
James Flores

I guess her interactions with Kazuma have gotten a bit more mellow, but that's only a temporary thing.

The last post didn't have reddit spacing. Checkmate, reddit.

Christian Stewart
Christian Stewart

Sure, but we're talking about the same Megumin who tried to pull pranks on the most powerful nobles because she felt like it. I don't think current Megumin would do it.
Then again, Darkness also mellowed out.

Noah Long
Noah Long

Megumin strangled cute level up ducks one by one. She literally broke their necks.

Jace Lee
Jace Lee

I was talking about the succubus dream stuff, Kazuma would've known something was up if a girl that didn't match his ideal woman showed up but Darkness was accepted

Levi Russell
Levi Russell

He was kinda interested in the novel version. The anime cut out some stuff.

Henry Morgan
Henry Morgan

And? Cute monsters have been killed by everyone. Not really that out of place thing. Even Kazuma happily cut those fluff balls that the Fuyu Shogun protected. Not to mention the cabbage. What Megumin did isn't that out of place.

Jayden Cooper
Jayden Cooper

We're thinking it, and he's SAYING it!

Parker Thomas
Parker Thomas

Using a weapon to kill monsters on a quest to kill those monsters is not the same that strangling ducks with your own hands.

Nathan Lewis
Nathan Lewis

I refuse to believe people read and enjoy this. This is actually garbage.

It's like in light novels, in games.
Like in harem mangas.

This shit is written for people with no socialization skills whatsoever who play weeb games all day and fantasize about anime girls. You all should be ashamed.

Nicholas Barnes
Nicholas Barnes

The ducks were given a park to live in by the town. This was something the city council likely paid for and people's taxes were used to create a duck park yet Megumin just strangled all those ducks.

Levi Ramirez
Levi Ramirez

It's also translated from Japanese to Chinese and then to English by amateurs. Don't forget that.

Owen Flores
Owen Flores

It's a fan-translation and LN's are common street trash anyway.

Caleb Martin
Caleb Martin

Somebody lock up that psychopath.

James Robinson
James Robinson

I feel this way but unironically

Blake Taylor
Blake Taylor

One thing is killing monsters in the wilderness for a mission that pays well, even if they're weak.

Another thing is going to your city's park and strangling all the ducks because they all give a minuscule amount of xp.

Daniel Clark
Daniel Clark

Shit, this is a valid point for light novels in general. I'm not fluent in either language, so I have no point of reference for judging the quality of the actual work. It's difficult to remember this as I am reading, give just how bad those entries were.

Even still, the intent of the work is still conveyed. I will stand by what I said regarding content of the story.

Eli Gomez
Eli Gomez

The protag is a neet and the author was a neet so why is this making you angry?

Aiden Long
Aiden Long

You guys should read more books. The people that didn't catch Kazuma was an unreliable narrator on the first 10 lines is kind of sad.

Jonathan Gonzalez
Jonathan Gonzalez

You should stop forcing your lie, Meguminfag.

Carter Cook
Carter Cook

The books are well written enough to make you laugh. I've only studied for two years and I can reliably read them. People on amazon reviews also praise the book for being easy to read.

Levi Sanchez
Levi Sanchez

This is why I hate harem neet wish fulfillment shit. The series was perfectly fine without every girl falling for Kazuma. The awkward sex jokes were perfectly fine as they were, we really didn't need romance/NTR/drama shit.

Just putting another one or two relevant male characters or making most of the girls uninterested in romance at that time would have been enough to "fix" this, but I suppose the author intended to turn it all into a harem/romance story.

They seriously turned a fun comedy into an anime twilight in which a bunch of hot girls are listing after a character otaku neets can project on.

Nathan Williams
Nathan Williams

They seriously turned a fun comedy into an anime twilight
You should stop taking extracts and Sup Forums summaries as the whole book. Romance shit only takes a chapter every 3 volumes and there's no "harem", only Megumin and Darkness (who got shut down)

Isaiah Howard
Isaiah Howard

Don't reply to such obvious b8

Jonathan Davis
Jonathan Davis

It's because I read more books that I know bullshit like yours when I see it.

Lucas Rogers
Lucas Rogers

It's inclusion affects character interactions as a whole. It's inevitable this shit will keep coming back over and over since it's something most of the party is involved with. Darkness doesn't quit after that either.

Colton Murphy
Colton Murphy

You can't expect a group of 3 young people fighting and living together for so long and not having that kind of things to happen.

Nicholas Morris
Nicholas Morris

believing this random translation that reads like shit
It's not even edited, the usual TLs are at Vol 11.

Owen Myers
Owen Myers

somehow konosuba threads manage to be more cancerous than all the shounenshit generals

Jacob Powell
Jacob Powell

minuscule
Those particular ducks were some kind of breed that gave a lot of EXP. IIRC Iris and Kazuma eat them as a way to level up outside of combat.

Samuel Carter
Samuel Carter

You can absolutely expect this not being part of the story for multiple reasons. It is part of it just because the writer decided it is, not because it's just "natural". It's a work of fiction and the reason why there is just one male party member is neet harem wish fulfillment. That was alright at first but now it's turning into a dramatic sob story with hurt feelings and rape attempts.

Zachary Morris
Zachary Morris

It's because it attracted people who thought they were too good for usual LN tropes (first girl winning on the last volume, harem, power fantasies) and are now begging for them with absolute zero self-awareness

Hudson Howard
Hudson Howard

No, she doesn't. She should be mine.

Adam Brown
Adam Brown

It is the real translation. It fits the illustrations.

Eli Campbell
Eli Campbell

But people are complaining that there's romance drama. Even people who prefer Aqua do so because her chemistry with Kazuma has nothing to do with romance.

Alexander Cooper
Alexander Cooper

Yep, I pretty much only stuck with it so far because it lacked most of this garbage and was just fun to read/watch, but at that point I might as well go watch Monster Musume or something.

Jayden Thomas
Jayden Thomas

I was under the impression that Megumin was 18 in the novel and 14 in the anime

Dylan Kelly
Dylan Kelly

rape attempts
Those are running jokes. And Kazuma manning up and hurting some feelings once in 12 volumes is not the end of the world. It's better to clear shit up instead of leaving it on the air.

Sebastian Turner
Sebastian Turner

dramatic sob story
There are fun moments in there. Like when darkness tries to leave after saying a cool line and falling on her face because she forgot she was stuck to Kazuma. Did someone hurt you, why are you afraid of intimacy?

Isaiah Jones
Isaiah Jones

Even people who prefer Aqua do so because her chemistry with Kazuma has nothing to do with romance.
You poor sod, Aqua shippers are everywhere. People who actually like Aqua don't mind this, because it doesn't get into her screentime at all and gives her more opportunities to tease Kazuma.

Cooper Kelly
Cooper Kelly

The way I see it this is just the icing on the shitcake that's coming as things start to wrap up and the try to build up some dramatic romantic tension before the end, while using the girls fighting for the otaku neet as padding to make things look serious.

I am afraid of shit writing that inserts unnecessary themes into the story. The tone of the exchanges in vol 12 is not at all compatible with the usual tone. It's like the writer watched a sob live story the previous day and needed a release.

Angel Hill
Angel Hill

The thread turn to shit during the second season.

It's actually pretty decent before, but people has been posting reddit crap unironically for a while now.

Brayden Richardson
Brayden Richardson

user, you're acting irrationally angry about it. Like that other guy said, it's better to clear it up now rather then letting it linger on later.

Jaxon Thomas
Jaxon Thomas

Katrina being serious about love feels too weird.

Brayden Watson
Brayden Watson

dramatic romantic tension
Please, you're making a bigger deal out of it than it is. It looks more like the author is tying up some loose ends before he proceeds back to their daily life. They all want to live on as they're used to anyway, so it probably goes back to their usual antics anyway. Just add Megumin and Kazuma spilling spaghetti once in a blue moon and the whole of Axel teasing them both every now and then.

Anthony Flores
Anthony Flores

Truth to be told i have no qualms about Megumeme winning,but i feel she won just because of either of author's "muh popularity" or he's rather afraid of his fans shitting on him,much to how Re:Zero and Rem waifufaggotry clusterfuck shitstorm

Benjamin Harris
Benjamin Harris

This happened on the WN too, 4 years ago. Megumin is the most popular because she's the most developed.

Jack Rivera
Jack Rivera

So does this mean Darkness is available?
I'm going to give her a cheer up fuck!

Xavier Sullivan
Xavier Sullivan

Judging by the most important metric, Darkness is clearly the most developed of the party members in particular.

Owen Bell
Owen Bell

I want Darkness to help develop my dick.

Sebastian Turner
Sebastian Turner

all characters are like 15-19 years old
Kazuma thinking of settling down and having kids with one instead of fucking them all one by one and choosing the best one

Is this a jap thing? Why not just try out a relationship with whoever wants to and settling down later like any person in the west would?

Andrew Barnes
Andrew Barnes

There is no rational approach to love

Jaxon Mitchell
Jaxon Mitchell

Its not a rational approach, it's just being greedy and taking as many chocolates from the box as you can get away with. If Kazuma was smart he would use his not yet lovers status with Megumin to fuck the brains out of Darkness before humiliating her and dumping her. Everyone is happy.

Aiden King
Aiden King

Why not just try out a relationship with whoever wants to and settling down later like any person in the west would?
Don't put me in the same bag as you bunch of degenerates.

Luke Thompson
Luke Thompson

It is impressive what waifufaggotry does to a series. Dozens of posters arguing about the finer points of every single girl's relationship development and Kazuma's character. As well as anime-only fags calling the series shit now for eventually escalating into relationship drama which has been slowly been building up for 12 volumes. Look, the series isn't going to go on forever so this will have to be dealt with if you don't want an "and their adventures continue" ending.

The main point of Kazuma's character in terms of what he likes in a girl is pretty much just this. He likes it when a girl acts sweet on him, spoils him, makes it blatantly obvious she likes him. That's it. It's the reason he likes the onee-san type I reckon, but can't conclusively say. It's also why he has such incredibly low resistance when Megumin confesses. Fucker is simply incapable of saying no in front of upright honesty. Kazuma prefers acting like a dipshit, but at his core he recognizes he himself is not an awful human being. He will do heroic, nice, and self-sacrifical things when the situation forces him to. He just has a bit of self-awareness about it all. Yes, I'm a hypocrite.

There are two directions I see, Kazuma either stays faithful or literally tries to harem-end. If he stays faithful, then Megumin end. However if he purposefully tries harem-end(which is a far cry from any other harem protagonist who magically has it fall in his lap despite his reluctance), then I imagine it will probably fail, but segue into the aforementioned "and their adventures continue" ending. I will honestly be impressed if he purposefully tries and actually succeeds. I wonder if Seitokai Ichizon ended or if it's still ongoing.

Kevin Clark
Kevin Clark

most important metric
What's this? Aren't all the main characters equally important?
Also, no. Megumin clearly got the most development of the bunch, although some of us think she mellowed out too much.

Tyler Ortiz
Tyler Ortiz

It's a joke about her tits

Leo Morris
Leo Morris

Shut the fuck up retard

Isaac Smith
Isaac Smith

that really flew over your head

Kevin Thompson
Kevin Thompson

No.

Robert Sanders
Robert Sanders

I'm a baka.

Easton Barnes
Easton Barnes

calls fags out
proceeds to be even more of a fag by putting his own hat into the ring despite knowing this shit is cancer

Stop trying to rationalize shit that's going on or trying to speculate. It's all literally down to the whims of the author.

Tyler Long
Tyler Long

Do you walk girls home gently in your free time, user?

Robert Jenkins
Robert Jenkins

Everyone is happy
Why is the concept of faithfulness so alien to you? Kazuma, Megumin and Darkness would be unhappy. Only your "I would fuck all those bitchez" self-insert fantasy would be pleased.

Ethan Phillips
Ethan Phillips

First girl always lose

Colton Nguyen
Colton Nguyen

I want Wiz to sit on my face

Alexander Kelly
Alexander Kelly

Pretty much, but as a long drawn-out series, there's not much elsewhere to go unless it devolves to episodic demon villain of the week arcs that lead to nowhere in particular. There's only like what, one to demon generals left? They already established Aqua could probably break the barrier before all of them went down too.

I wonder if this is one of the reasons most series don't end in the first place and just stay stagnant until the editors cut the rope suddenly. People endlessly bitch and moan about how the series isn't developing the way they want it to or complaining that the tone shift towards an actual ending is uncharacteristic of the series and ruining it.

Andrew Green
Andrew Green

that carrying position
he knew what he was doing.

David Richardson
David Richardson

Doujins when

Carson Ward
Carson Ward

there is no lover relationship so it's not being unfaithful
Kazuma is happy because he is a scumbag and would like to fuck as many girls as would put up
Darkness is happy because she likes getting abused
Megumeme has nothing to complain about because she didn't look for a full commitment and left things up in the air

It's not an uncommon thing to do if two individuals are interested in you IRL either regardless of genders. Christ, one of my friends from back at my high school days is juggling 3 guys at the same time and draining money from them all.

Jaxson Harris
Jaxson Harris

Is there even one with the tavern lady as it's main focus? Missed opportunity.

Jacob Torres
Jacob Torres

Degenerate white pig normalfag.

Ryan Perry
Ryan Perry

Light Novels are explicitly aimed at a younger audience and use a deliberately simplified form of the language, like YA novels do in the west.

The trouble is that the "simplification" in japanese comes across as retardation and borderline "see spot run" level shit when tranlsated into english, becuase there's a lot of >implying
in japanese from sentence structure rather than substance.

Zachary Powell
Zachary Powell

This author clearly has never had sex in his life, this much distress I'd lose my erection, vagina or no vagina.

Alexander Smith
Alexander Smith

he is a scumbag and would like to fuck as many girls as would put up
This is what Kazuma decieved himself he wanted to be. Guess not.
Darkness likes getting abused
Not by the one she loves, that way.
Megumin has nothing to complain
If I started dating some guy with the intent of getting farther and he inmediatly fucks and dumps my best friend, she has nothing to complain about. Sure.

Luis Flores
Luis Flores

one of my friends
GET OUT
E
T

O
U
T

John Price
John Price

Kazuma tried to help Darkness rape him, so I guess he doesn't mind it much.

Darkness literally wanted to get captured and brutally raped by the enemy forces. I doubt it will be too bad for her to get pumped and dumped.

Megumin and Kazuma are not in an official relationship yet.

You are being too sensitive about this type of shit. It happens all the time.

This is not /r9k/

Landon Hall
Landon Hall

Anyone got the raw?

Connor Morgan
Connor Morgan

Kazuma isn't acting like I would and that's bad for my self-insert purposes
Ok

Benjamin Perry
Benjamin Perry

This is not /r9k/
And it surely isn't reddit, so mind fucking off while we are still asking gently?

Christian King
Christian King

All I am saying is that immediately settling for one option when there are so many willing candidates is suboptimal. You are trying too hard to fit in.

Evan Butler
Evan Butler

It sure is fun seeing alpha wannabes self-inserters getting butthurt for a chance

Charles Wilson
Charles Wilson

Back to

Adam Campbell
Adam Campbell

Why are you trying to push western highschool values into a semi medieval fantasy setting
Do you really think that fucking and dumping a only child high noblewoman is a good idea

Gavin Ortiz
Gavin Ortiz

Apparently you dint read the part in which kazuma realizes he did wrong by staying with iris and basically begs for forgiveness in front of the 3 girls
Yeah he tried to tone it down later, but vol 11is supposed to mark the begining of his change

Angel Harris
Angel Harris

She was already used to hunt for food

Ethan King
Ethan King

It's suboptimal even from greedy horny teen perspective. It only makes sense if you have some delusions about romantic life and happy ever afters.

When she is a giant masochistic megaslut who would literally thank you for it - sure.

Elijah Fisher
Elijah Fisher

Megumin is worst girl. Only good for bromance or /u/. Most cancerous fanbase.

Aqua x Kazuma is best match, but Kazuma x Lich is patrician. I love Darkness but she deserves a better man than trash-NEET.

Anyway, Konosuba is the one series that should not resolve the romanceshit. Just do comedy and stop pandering to waifufaggots.

Joshua Allen
Joshua Allen

Darkness loves trash neets in particular. She hates the idea of being with a good, responsible man.

Jackson Morris
Jackson Morris

Go play Rance dude, give up.

Austin Carter
Austin Carter

Stop self inerting.

Hunter Cooper
Hunter Cooper

How is that self-inserting? You are just throwing a dumb argument at people you disagree with. If you like a character - you are self-inserting. If you don't - you are self inserting. If you want a harem - you are self- inserting. If you want a no- romance ending, you are self- inserting.

Eli Phillips
Eli Phillips

Well according to the translation, she just loves Kazuma for who he is. Regardless of being a trash neet.

Chase Gomez
Chase Gomez

Yes but her usual preference are trash neets. This is why she hated the idea of marriage with the super hot, rich, kind, and responsible prince she was promised to.

Jaxson Nguyen
Jaxson Nguyen

Megumin is amazing. She's genuinely my favorite character and I don't understand how you can think she's making the novel worse if you've actually read it. Her volumes are always a blast, full of action, and she always ends up doing something heroic or cool.
An argument I often see here is that her and Darkness aren't needed, only Aqua and Kazuma. I think that's a flawed way of thought. Necessary or not, she makes Konosuba enjoyable for a large amount of people and is a welcome addition.

Jose Gonzalez
Jose Gonzalez

I miss EMT sweet and gentle voice.

Xavier Baker
Xavier Baker

I love Megumeme too and hope she ends up with Kazuma but I hope there isn't much drama down the road to the end.

Noah Price
Noah Price

You are pushing your own values into the character.

Kayden Morris
Kayden Morris

megumin isn't needed

Then who would defeat the demon king generals?

Wyatt Ross
Wyatt Ross

It's people who watched that episode one webm and get their imagination go wild

Samuel Davis
Samuel Davis

Anime-only faggot here, wanting serious answers. when did konosuba become so shit?

Sebastian Reyes
Sebastian Reyes

Vol. 6

Thomas Howard
Thomas Howard

i dropped it at volume 4

Jaxson Edwards
Jaxson Edwards

Why what was the turning point? Don't care about spoilers.

Nicholas Thompson
Nicholas Thompson

Vol. 10. Though it started to go downhill in Vol. 9.

Megumin's spinoff vol. 1 is also pretty boring.

Isaiah Scott
Isaiah Scott

It's just dipshit memeing.

Asher Phillips
Asher Phillips

It never "became shit". Volume 10 was definitely a low point, but every volume before it was enjoyable to an extent. Then volume 11 came and redeemed the novel with its nice storyline.
Volume 12 seems to be the first volume almost entirely focused on romance. If you don't like romance in Konosuba, then it's a low point, but thankfully for you the next volume won't be about romance.

Camden Cruz
Camden Cruz

Because the only good chapter in Volume 6 was the last one.

Landon Bailey
Landon Bailey

Megumin's spinoff vol. 1 is also pretty boring
It's good if you like Megumin, it's bad if you don't. It's that easy.
I personally thought her narration made it enjoyable.

Bentley Reyes
Bentley Reyes

Virgin non-white neet. Glad we had such a nuanced exchange.

Chase Nelson
Chase Nelson

You mean you didn't like Kazuma getting clubbed to death by Kobolds and the part in Alderp's mansion?

Nicholas Turner
Nicholas Turner

Volume 10 was a low point
I liked it, what was wrong with it?

David Stewart
David Stewart

Nah man I like Megumin, but the first volume is the weakest when compared to 2-3/Continued.

Grayson James
Grayson James

You're not wrong. Characters like Ares, Cecily and Zesta made 2 very enjoyable.
I kinda liked 1 for the Megumin/Yunyun moments, though. Thought they had a nice comedic dynamic.

Levi Cruz
Levi Cruz

Darkness get rejected in WN too. Get over it.
This is the biggest waifu war in Konosuba thread.

Btw, the weakest volume is the one where they go to that casino.
Sure it's fun to see Kazuma win so many times but all those "Iris the perfect girl" moment ruins it.

Lucas Ward
Lucas Ward

porbably wont, looks like the author is getting ready to for the final part of the story according to his afterword

Mason Anderson
Mason Anderson

I think it's going to be an open end.

Liam Wilson
Liam Wilson

shoehorn in all this romance bullshit nobody wants
it gets an open ending
It would be the best joke in the whole series.

Anthony James
Anthony James

There's not going to be breakup drama.

Joseph Baker
Joseph Baker

Hilariously, he's actually less of a scumbag than Subaru is in the LN, since Kazuma actually decided on one girl.

Elijah Thompson
Elijah Thompson

there is a konosuba x rezero novel
when kazuma learns that rem loves subaru and that she is ok with being "his number 2" kazuma goes apeshit crazy and calls out subaru... can't remember the insult he used

Isaac Rogers
Isaac Rogers

I think the biggest issue is just that People project onto Kazuma and think he's cool, but in reality he's an insecure kid who's only pretending to be cool. He can be pervy and lustful, but how shallow would the character be if that's all there was to him?

Kazuma's thing has always been his immaturity. He tries to act cool, despite the fact he's weak. He throws temper tantrums because he's so powerless, though it doesn't help that his friends enable him. But the story isn't glorifying these things, they've always been set up as a point for comedy, but major flaws. Kazuma wants a harem because he sucks at love, because he has a hard time dealing with something so adult so he prefers to think of women as objects he can just play around with. But now he's actually growing as a person. Hell, there was a line talking about how the harem is just a dumb childish fantasy. Kazuma isn't stupid, after all, even if he is a very unreliable narrator.

That said, I'm not happy about Megumin winning, but with the huge amount of development the two have received I can't say I'm mad either. I'd rather the story move in any direction at all and the characters grow, rather than staying stagnant in a dull status quo.

Thomas Taylor
Thomas Taylor

You do realize Megumin and Emilia are voiced by the same person, right?

This is literally "I love Emilia" all over again.

Matthew Watson
Matthew Watson

used to hate Aqua for being a dumbass in S1
Megumin and Darkness are turning into shitty drama queens
tfw you finally understand why mortals are shit and goddesses are the real deal

Hudson Young
Hudson Young

no it didn't dickfuck

Kazuma is never shy, clearly shit fanart is clear.

Austin Taylor
Austin Taylor

people forgetting Kazuma is an unreliable narrator

Joshua Fisher
Joshua Fisher

Sure you did, Aqua.

Robert Young
Robert Young

The bottom pic of Kazuma is actually official art.

John Myers
John Myers

both are

Jaxon Foster
Jaxon Foster

this is the character u are projecting urself into

Cameron Adams
Cameron Adams

people keep claiming Kazuma is an unreliable narrator to defend this garbage

Jack Campbell
Jack Campbell

thinks Konosuba won't have a harem ending after everything
thinks it won't proceed to show why they're a horrible idea in the epiogue

Wyatt Carter
Wyatt Carter

The saddest part is that I once did that.

Tyler Wilson
Tyler Wilson

A "harem bastard", I think.
In the LN, Subaru is pretty damn quick to start backtracking on his rejection, because he's an indecisive shithead. This seems like a much more solid rejection than "I love Emilia".

Jace Carter
Jace Carter

First Rem
Second Darkness

Fuck

Austin Cruz
Austin Cruz

Implying Konosuba actually parodies isekai in any meaningful way
It will end in the most boring way possible, and then Kazuma will say "haha, that was just like a bad harem LN!"

Ian Lee
Ian Lee

only delusional redditors called it a parody because they didn't want to admit they enjoyed an isekai harem that they would normally shit on

Aaron Cox
Aaron Cox

(you)

Aiden Walker
Aiden Walker

LN is the lowest form of literature aside from books for literal children
Yet both Re:zero and NGNL somehow still read more naturally then KonoShitta

Parker Garcia
Parker Garcia

where you guys getting translated LN vols?
I found links on reddit but its labled as a fanfic (to avoid getting removed maybe?)
also I'd like epub/mobi or PDF to read on my kindle.
Sorry I don't read LN often and the official translation is taking forever to release.

Aiden Lopez
Aiden Lopez

they are tagged as "fanfics" to avoid copyrights
look at it like this, is a fanfic that is coincidentally exactly like the source material

Isaiah Wright
Isaiah Wright

Which volumes are you looking for?

Brandon Sanders
Brandon Sanders

Spacing is important for a safe neutral.

Jason Wood
Jason Wood

Don't bully your goddess.

Michael Phillips
Michael Phillips

3 and up

Andrew Stewart
Andrew Stewart

kazuma will wake up in his room and there will be figures of the cast around him and will remember he is a friendless neet. that's the real end.

Joseph Jones
Joseph Jones

https://mega.nz/#F!SRpVTYyB!1Hn3ouyUeTJGLaLBZ16!Ww
rest is on crimsonmagic

Liam Peterson
Liam Peterson

succubus dream stuff

no that wasnt the dream

they just send whatever succubus to cast dream magic to what they want

Cooper Sullivan
Cooper Sullivan

https://mega.nz/#F!SRpVTYyB!1Hn3ouyUeTJGLaLBZ16lWw

Samuel Phillips
Samuel Phillips

and frankly I think they secretly hate each other to a degree
What the fuck are you on about? If anything they are the two that love each other the most.
Their relationship is shown in basically every single novel.
They would probably never fuck each other, but they are the best bros in the story, by far

Nathaniel Scott
Nathaniel Scott

being dumber than Aqua

Kayden Taylor
Kayden Taylor

someone spent multiple hours trying to draw a highly detailed uiharu but fucked her smile and made her look like an smug retard
I'm quite pleased by this

Lucas Powell
Lucas Powell

That's his point. Kazuma asked for a dream with a girl with a description that Darkness fits, so he thought he was dreaming of Darkness. If it was Megumin that had shown up he would have known it wasn't the dream and would haved freaked out.

Josiah Edwards
Josiah Edwards

thanks anon(s)!
This helps and points me to the right place for more.

Thomas Wood
Thomas Wood

This.
Anime-only newfriends believe that he ordered the loli succ, when in fact she is just delivering his dreams and nothing else. He undoubtetly ordered something about Darkness or the guild receptionist since he goes out of his way several times, to explain that they are his favorite type

Adam Reed
Adam Reed

idk what is this dumb succ argument
kazuma already used both darkness and megumin image for the succ service
but not aqua

Robert Richardson
Robert Richardson

As an animu only fag where should I start with the LN? How close to the LN is the anime?

Kayden Morris
Kayden Morris

its kinda odd how he gushed over eris too

Luke Bennett
Luke Bennett

But that's the very first time he uses the succ service. Are you even aware of what we're talking about?

Eli Perez
Eli Perez

They're leaflets. READ EVERYTHING

Jace Myers
Jace Myers

You should unironically just read from the start. The anime left out a few very good bits

Ryder Hughes
Ryder Hughes

He gushed over Eris because of personality though. He finally saw a girl that was actually gentle and kind and genuinely felt sad at his death and he liked her. Which is why he didn't mind the padded chest, in this particular case he didn't care about body.

Dylan James
Dylan James

I know, but i dont don't understand what's the point of bringing up the fact that kazuma asked for a darkness in his first succ request
yes if someone thinks that loli succ = megumin request is dumb and can't read

Thomas Mitchell
Thomas Mitchell

His type is older onee-san, but that's the point. Type does not mean "you win"

Joshua Morales
Joshua Morales

Well, I guess I have nothing better to do on the beach. Looking at the chapters they do seem quite short.

Nicholas Thompson
Nicholas Thompson

in this particular
Kazuma already said that he doesn't mind the body type, it was on vol 10

Jayden Scott
Jayden Scott

I'm glad there is no S3, this is so generic and retarded

Camden Barnes
Camden Barnes

Then you're stupid because this is a season 6 thing.

Cooper Moore
Cooper Moore

no S3 means no S6, you retard

Kevin Nguyen
Kevin Nguyen

This.

John James
John James

it is, but not in popular isekais

Jose Long
Jose Long

I get that and this is a retarded way to think. Do yourself a favor and throw yourself off a bridge.

Camden Perez
Camden Perez

You can have S3 without S6.

Kevin Parker
Kevin Parker

You totally can, you just need the narrative skill to portray the scene appropiately enough.

This is obviously not the case.

Justin Kelly
Justin Kelly

Certainly not with the translation telephone game we got.

Michael Collins
Michael Collins

im really sad

Nathan Walker
Nathan Walker

Yep, the LN makes it really hard to tell how serious a situation is or how the characters feel. The anime is much more entertaining, but unfortunately we will not see most of the LN adapted. Its a shame because I love the tone, character design, and animation style. The last fight in S2 E10 in particular had some really good animation with fluid motion and detailed action.

Jordan Morgan
Jordan Morgan

no actually she might be a little hurt from this

Colton Williams
Colton Williams

But in Arifureta he marries like 10 women right?

Thomas Anderson
Thomas Anderson

read a fun happy-go-lucky story
all of a sudden one of the fun characters you have grown to love gets absolutely emotionally eviscerated
I am too, user. Especially since I always loved Darkness the most. I didnt want her to "win" and be with Kazuma or anything, I was jut rooting for a happy end.

Xavier Clark
Xavier Clark

Same. I only hoped for two things for the ending of Konosuba: that all the main characters get a happy ending and that the party stays together afterwards and keep on with their shenanigans.

And now here I am watching Darkness crying and completely forgetting her masochism fetish. God fucking damn it. At least I hope she gets some consolation moment somewhere down the line before this all finishes.

Caleb Howard
Caleb Howard

Well, they are really short and to be honest they are actually not very well written. It's the charm and light nature of the story that carries it so well.

Luis Scott
Luis Scott

Hello darkness my old friend

James Harris
James Harris

keep getting called "useless crusader"
realize that you "won't work" as a woman either

She is usually masochistic but that bit there was written as if it actually stung.

Isaac Gray
Isaac Gray

Maybe the dust spinoff has something for her
I was told there's a scene in which Yunyun asks Dust if he can "go out with Darkness"

Cameron Green
Cameron Green

How do I unbully Darkness? I regret the times I laughed at her expense

Gabriel Baker
Gabriel Baker

Megumin is megameme.
Aqua is banter mate.
Darkness is a slut but a good girl.

Cooper Perez
Cooper Perez

it was open ending
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nMV0kD8cGI-EyZOx1PV4Ld2jlP9wuvlhc0CAIFj7kQk/edit#heading=h.7wo14in4caxa

Brandon Bennett
Brandon Bennett

Is called character development
For example remember in vol 5 Megumin was willing to give up the explosion memes for the party

Aiden Martin
Aiden Martin

I always figured there would come a day where Darkness would realize the things she fantasizes about aren't as fun when they actually happen.

Landon Garcia
Landon Garcia

As someone who used to be an edgelord in his teens who kept saying and doing outrageous shit just because it sounded cool, I can absolutely relate to her. A day comes when you realize that being a normal person that someone cares about and sees as a respectable partner is better than all the edgy fantasies in the world.

Xavier Cook
Xavier Cook

Wasn't Kazuma calling her "useless crusader" already one of the few things that made her more flustered than aroused before? Like, Darkness is fine with abuse until it's her insecurities that actually get attacked.

Jason Roberts
Jason Roberts

She certainly doesn't like being reminded of her inability to attack anything that can move.
inb4 she finally puts points into attack

Andrew Adams
Andrew Adams

The same thing that happened to Megumin would happen.
Kazuma would intervene and tell her not to put any points in offence.
He likes the flaws his party members have, and he wouldn't change it.

Andrew Flores
Andrew Flores

Well memed.

Blake Perry
Blake Perry

Would he really? Megumin was because he valued her happiness more than her usefulness, but I don't think Darkness would be too sad over being able to hit monsters. She'd consider it a minor inconvenience at best and would still find ways to get her ass kicked in fights.

Joshua Adams
Joshua Adams

It's not the same. Explosion is crazy powerful and a great asset. Darkness whiffing attacks is literally useless.

Ryan Anderson
Ryan Anderson

Also Megumin has obvious emotional ties to explosion magic, her whole identity is built on it at that point. Darkness just has a fetish.

Brayden Roberts
Brayden Roberts

Anime only shitter here. Is it ever actually said the reason Darkness doesn't have points in swords is because of her fetish, or is it just because she's terrible at character building?

Jordan Hernandez
Jordan Hernandez

Females of their clan can mate with either gender. That's what futa spells are for.

Luke Lopez
Luke Lopez

I think the former is implied, even in the anime. Can't remember when though.

Jayden Nelson
Jayden Nelson

Fetish. It's just one point into sword mastery.

Tyler Rivera
Tyler Rivera

She puts everypoint into defense so she can resist more hits without actually dying

Evan Cook
Evan Cook

Megumin puts points exclusively in Explosion because she looks up to the person that used it to save her, not to mention that it consumes so much mana if she used any other spell she wouldn't be able to cast Explosion until she recovered.
Darkness puts points exclusively in defense because she's a masochist, and whenever she's presented with an ideal scenario she ends up regretting it anyway. If she put a few points in accuracy she'd be able to hit regular mobs, which is what the party struggles the most with.

If she actually valued defense she'd use a shield.

Jayden Williams
Jayden Williams

She just need a magic weapon with 100% hit ratio.

Logan Cruz
Logan Cruz

all the MMO memes about tank players being cucks whose GFs get fucked by the DPS
Darkness gets told she wont work and gets tossed aside for the party's DPS

Really makes me think.

Brandon Walker
Brandon Walker

lol
wtf
Get out and never come back.

Brayden Sullivan
Brayden Sullivan

MMO memes about tank players being cucks whose GFs get fucked by the DPS
But the only meme I've ever seen is that the healer is always the tank's cumdump.
That and that DPS are basically the horde of morons that have no idea how the game works and stand in the fire.

Kevin Robinson
Kevin Robinson

Spotted the tank

Brody Sanders
Brody Sanders

Just point already in the map the place where you took aggro from the tank and died user.

Brody Murphy
Brody Murphy

t. tank player

Robert Nelson
Robert Nelson

But the only meme I've ever seen is that the healer is always the tank's cumdump.
I love this one

Henry Sullivan
Henry Sullivan

ever getting hit at all
Don't know what type of game you are playing but just dodge

Elijah Bell
Elijah Bell

all the MMO memes about tank players being cucks whose GFs get fucked by the DPS
This is literally the first time I heard this. And I frequent a few mmo generals.

Charles Nelson
Charles Nelson

You guys forget something important.
Megumin is an oneesan.

Ryder Johnson
Ryder Johnson

oneesan
Fuck.

Hudson Mitchell
Hudson Mitchell

Its a /wowg/ meme that used to be discussed back when Preach's drama fridays were a popular thing to talk about and people would keep sending stories about going over to meet up with guild mates and fucking the tank's girlfriend. Often said girlfriend was the healer.

Kayden Gonzalez
Kayden Gonzalez

The Re:Zero "translator" embellishes. A lot.
Not familiar with the NGNL translation.

Josiah Jenkins
Josiah Jenkins

So it's just a thing of one single guild in one single game? How does that make it a fucking meme?

Kevin Jones
Kevin Jones

u
urself
RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET OUT OF Sup Forums!!

Nathaniel Sanders
Nathaniel Sanders

it's a wow meme but not from a single guild. It just started from one particular show about drama stories in which multiple authors shared similar stories.

Jonathan Stewart
Jonathan Stewart

small onee-san
Thanks for the new fetish.

Michael Campbell
Michael Campbell

I don't always deliver, but when I do I do it right.

Ayden Evans
Ayden Evans

Well then, from a single general. Still sounds like a bunch of jelly dps trying to force a meme though. Or just a bunch of cucks circlejerking.

Anthony James
Anthony James

Kazuma wants big tits not flat chests.

Matthew Gutierrez
Matthew Gutierrez

Stop projecting

Levi Murphy
Levi Murphy

Which game is this? The armor looks baller as fuck.

William Johnson
William Johnson

are the only responses you fags have
stop projecting
and
kazuma is an unreliable narrator
he's said multiple times he likes big tits

Robert Stewart
Robert Stewart

Part of the reason he feels wrong is due to the Forged Children's Letters Darkness paid children to write.

If none of those letters existed, Kazuma would have even less reason to feel guilt about.

Even Claire tried to guilt Kazuma through those fake children worship letters.

Camden Williams
Camden Williams

Liking big tits does not prevent you form falling in love with someone who doesn't have them
Stop projecting

Julian Campbell
Julian Campbell

He thought Megumin was beautiful several times since the beginning of the story and has been commenting on her sex appeal in recent volumes. Vanir also said he's a lolicon in denial.

Kayden Perry
Kayden Perry

The Elder Scrolls Online. That's the imperial style heavy armor.

Joshua Watson
Joshua Watson

Kazuma has a higher alcohol tolerance than even a goddess like Aqua so Kazuma is actually cool.

Robert Jones
Robert Jones

Kazuma is not a lolicon. He even said he was looking forward to Iris growing up.

He never said anything like wishing Iris to stay as a loli forever. Instead he was looking forward to how beautiful Iris would be after growing up.

William Bennett
William Bennett

For fucks sake, your fetishes and what you want in your loved one isn't always the same.

Caleb Myers
Caleb Myers

Except, Kazuma just recently stated that he was looking forward to how much of beauty Iris would be as she grows up in a few years.

Actual lolicons would not say something like that.

Christian Hall
Christian Hall

Megumin isn't a loli then, since Kazuma finds her attractive.

Lincoln Watson
Lincoln Watson

You should stop projecting. You failed with your lie about Kazuma being an unreliable narrator and tried to force it by using bad examples as the loli succubus.

Charles Green
Charles Green

Meme has grown to a beautiful hebe.

Noah Fisher
Noah Fisher

this whole discussion about kazuma's preference in tits size is hilarious as how stupid both sides are:
“Uhm, Kazuma? I’m, uhm, not as big a Darkness, so as expected, it’s no good…. is it?”

“Nothing like that. I am a man that loves it equally, regardless of whether it’s small or large. Please don’t misjudge me as such a petty man.”

Adrian Ortiz
Adrian Ortiz

You failed with your lie about Kazuma being an unreliable narrator
Imagine being this low IQ
You make Aqua look intelligent

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page