Seriously, what's up with Japan, calling well grown girls 12-14 years old? Is this some cultural thing, a trope...

Seriously, what's up with Japan, calling well grown girls 12-14 years old? Is this some cultural thing, a trope, a fetish? I keep running into this in a bunch of shows; what's the point?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur,_Prince_of_Wales
creators
nytimes.com/2017/05/26/opinion/sunday/it-was-forced-on-me-child-marriage-in-the-us.html?mcubz=0
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/200000-children-married-us-15-years-child-marriage-child-brides-new-jersey-chris-christie-a7830266.html
ncode.syosetu.com/n1443bp/425/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes you're kawaii uguu~

Isn't 12 the age of consent in Japan? I'm not even shitting on you, it's all messed up, their age of consent is low while they are only considered true adults by 20

She's actually 16 years old.

No

It's supposed to be 13, except
> the Children Welfare Act chapter 34 forbids any act of "fornication" (淫行) with children (here defined as anyone under 18 years of age)
besides, it's also pointed out by MC of this particular show that she should be 16+.

12-14 year olds are well grown.

Doesn't Japan turn a blind eye to this though?

1. Stop watching weeb clickbait on Youtube
2. Stop reading American-Japanese news sources

>it's also pointed out by MC of this particular show that she should be 16+.
That was regarding marriage and they want to move that up to 18. Not that it matters much with a rising average marriage age.

Many girls hit their puberty at age 12-14 so yeah, ovulation makes an adult. I don't really care

Not if you're there as TEFL, unfortunately.

How many episodes did you watch before you dropped the series? I watched 4 and liked them all but somehow lost interest completely.

I tried to watch with the intention of making fun of the show and laughing alongside Sup Forums, but I couldn't take it after he fragged all those bandits with his smartphone. Even the worst light novel MCs have some trait to latch on, be it shopping Jesus onto Tatsuya, Index's Touma's intentionally hypocritical moralfaggotry, or Subaru going full Supreme Gentleman. But this guy just coasts through everything with that dopey look plastered onto his face, and it's boring.

The complete lack of characterization is what's killing me. Even every member of his harem is completely interchangeable.

Humans are able to breed pretty early for obvious evolutionary reasons. However studies shows that our frontal cortex continues to develop until the age of 25, which fucks up with out whole concept of a person becoming adult at 18. It's all weird no matter what age of consent laws you have in your country.

Because neurotic Japanese males are threatened by strong contemporaries.
So they make them younger so they can claim a Senpai/Kouhai dominance over them.

The society is going to shit exactly because women aren't put in their place.

She looks 12 to me

That's another girl there, though it's hard to tell the difference other than the one girl's blue eye and their speech patterns.

>Seriously, what's up with Japan, calling well grown girls 12-14 years old?

Hm? What's wrong with that? They usually see foreign kids as someone that looks older than how kids from their country looks. So if they look older but has a younger age then that might be japs depicting a young "foreigner" character.

Though sometimes character design is just that way that it makes everyone look younger despite their actual age. Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~ is an exan\mple.

They are sisters/cousins

user, no need to lie

They're all so bland that it's too hard to tell any of them apart

I can't even get through episode 1. It feels rushed, and has no world building and characterization making everyone bland.

0/10. It's shit.

>well grown

She's still 成長期

this show is fucking good

Japs are small compared to westerners. Their body matures faster. 10 year olds start developing breast when they're still in elementary school. At 12-14 most reach their full adulthood size. That's why they have that trope of flat chested teens thinking they're still growing, but most will not.

So, is there anyone who read the original source novel and feels up to the task of defending this crap and enlightening us that the original is better?

You know, "the description was rushed" or "the animators got the choreography of this fight scene wrong" or "the MC was totally struggling in this battle, despite the anime heavily implying that he barely broke a sweat"?

It's enjoyable.

as another user claimed, i too believe that it is an "appeal to weeaboos" gimmick.
fully sexually developed and mature 12 year old girls are less scary than 20+ year old women.

It's unironically one of the best shows of the season

Yumina >>> everyone else

It's awesome.

Not sure why he's still being so coy. She and her sister already worship the ground he walks on, so he could just ask her for sex and she'd freely put out.

my god, those are some lewd panties

Linze is for cutes, not lewds.

>Felony for men
>Misdemeanor for women
>for the same crime
Male """privilege""" at work, folks.

nips are weirdly sexist

He's still too young to start baby making.

Sounds like the perfect reason to have sex.

Wait until you find out about 30+ year old women suing 14/13/12/11 year old boys they raped for child support and winning.

And them going to prison for felony nonpayment of child support if they refuse to pay up to their rapists.

Real talk though.

Why is anyone even watching Isekai Smatphone anymore?

It's not even that interesting or fun.

Why do you hate fun?

I like it, but last episode was too much with god on earth MC desu.

>what's the point?
Political propaganda. Anime has always been filled with it.

The girls are cute and I want a polygamist relationship with them too

That's /ss/ taken to a whole new erotic level.

>your cake rapist comes in to claim her check and a little something extra
Hentai doujin when?

It's harem done right where the girls aren't waging jihad on each other or the MC.

It's an iyashikei in an isekai setting, it's amusing watching MC solve all these problems easily and have everything turn out ok in a non-serious way.

>Real talk
Fuck off, nigger.

It is interesting and fun. It's also lighthearted and easy to watch.

It's saturday morning isekai basically. Completely inoffensive niche shit.

Why are the girls drawing themselves crying?

Tell me 5 good things about this anime that the others don't have
You can't

A 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th best wife.

smug

IS FINE TOO

>known him for 30 minutes and wants marriage

Mmmmm pussy

>magic eye(s) that can spot prime marriage meat
>keen business sense to jump on a golden opportunity when it presents itself
>is also being heavily pressured into find a husband

At least in her case it can somewhat be excused because her eye power gives her a great understanding of someone's character. Who knows why some of the other girls' instantly fell for him.

Best girl.

The MC's expression kills me every time I see this image. This isn't an edit right?

tora desu~
tora nano~

>that it's too hard to tell any of them apart

But there's da, desu, degozaru, desune, and ja. And the last girl is probably going to be wa.

It just fucking cracked me up her father is literally dying in front of her and MC walks into his death bed and her heart skips a beat for him.

She sensed his 8 incher and wet herself.

You're applying your own morality to a medieval fantasy universe.

Child marriages were common up until the modern age when modern medicine kept people alive to adulthood and is still practiced in many third world countries today. Up until 1900 1/2 of all children died before the age of 10. Add to this that many women died in childbirth and you have a world where there is a great deal of pressure on girls to marry young and start families early. Plus she's a princess and has the extra burden of delivering the next king before she dies.

Take a historical example
Arthur Tudor, this guy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur,_Prince_of_Wales
married Catherine of Aragon at the age of 14 when his wife was 15. They were engaged since they were 3.

The only oddity about the relationship is that he refused till she was 16, which logically bewildered her parents.

Is this an islamic world?

>You're applying your own morality to a medieval fantasy universe.

Reminds me, a lot of anons are also applying their genre expectations wrong. This anime isn't meant to be deep, meaningful, or even intellectually valuable in any way. It's meant purely as a relaxing and also comedic fantasy of wish fulfillment. The tone is entirely that of an SoL, it's very much not like SAO or even Mahouka, even if certain elements in the story are similar (isekai and OP MC). Actually it's more similar to something like GJ-bu I would say, and panders to that audience more than it does the battle harem audience. People who complain at how "bad" it is frankly just don't understand and are taking it the wrong way while blaming the show instead of their own expectations.

Yumina does look 12 compared to the other girls who look like high schoolers. Not sure what point the faggot OP is trying to make by posting an example that's opposite to his point.

That girl is 16 by earth standard.

In some ways it's more like a relaxed alternative to Re: Zero
Short article/review making that comparison:
creators (dot) co/@Jono/4337459

>episode 1
>expecting all of that

They learn their morality from burgers.

nytimes.com/2017/05/26/opinion/sunday/it-was-forced-on-me-child-marriage-in-the-us.html?mcubz=0
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/200000-children-married-us-15-years-child-marriage-child-brides-new-jersey-chris-christie-a7830266.html

12 isekai years equals 16 earth years
ncode.syosetu.com/n1443bp/425/

> two-thirds of marriages of underage girls don’t last, one study found
Isn't that a lower rate than older marriages?

What's its gender?

Nothing wrong with this.

Who the fuck cares, it's 2D.

Nerds aren't cute.
So she's for lewds

You wouldn't marry a demigod?

That happens everywhere.
It's like you were never taken apart for some real talk between men.

But the great country of America isn't a third world country.
Fuck you.

Since he can use whatever spell, what would happen if someone teach him a non existent spell?

I want to masturbate using Yumina's vagina.

But she actually looks 12.

Sue looks more 12 than her.

It's isekai. Bitches love isekai. You'll start to watch more of them getting adaptations every season, some of them will be OK but most of them will probably be of this quality.

>calling well grown girls 12-14 years old?
Fuck Japan. In Russia hentai with underages can land you in jail.

So is his powers going to get any stronger? He is already like a demigod. He can already tap a few times on his phone and paralyze everyone in a wide radius around him who his phone thinks is a 'bandit'. I don't even know why he lets his harem fight. They need not do shit he can handle everything himself.

>where the girls aren't waging jihad on each other or the MC.
What harem is like that? Isekai Seikishi? The ones where wars are waged to kidnap the MC? In before Two Moms.

>I don't even know why he lets his harem fight.

He needs an excuse for them to get slimed.

you are completely fucking autistic

it's because you're a fucking newfag

>Fragged
Back to Sup Forums fuckass

I wanna fuck this 12 year old

who is the one on the middle?