How does a witch make potions? What can potions even do?

How does a witch make potions? What can potions even do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uFuTYxBTuCI
pastebin.com/QKL8SBPN
youtube.com/watch?v=WrrxWYcB4bI
youtube.com/watch?v=5ODqpCjLuFk&t=17s
youtube.com/watch?v=7xie7Gkmnjk
youtube.com/watch?v=3Q1dfEOzIDU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

oh god it's just like japanon said, our autism is being persecuted

I'm going to be posting new art on /u/ later today, if there's a thread here that survives long enough I'll link

All of Sup Forums is being cracked down on. Just perservere and tell me what you think about potions.

Just let it rest until the stream already, please. If you keep this up then they'll gonna be deleting threads when things are actually happening because of a kneejerk reaction.

That's implying they wouldn't just delete them anyway. Plus, this thread isn't breaking the rules.

at this point, we might as well move to /u/ to do any sort of lwa discussion

Mods are still being fags. Cool
Last thread wasn't either. It was a stream discussion thread.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Sucy just mixes shit together and tries to see what they do. Probably why Akko has guinea pig ptsd.

I'm sure if someone makes an OP like, less than a half-hour before the stream and explicitly says "Stream starts soon, actual discussion, pls don't delete mods", it'll be fine.

>It was a stream discussion thread.
>with no stream going on yet

This.

Not gonna bother with this thread
See you fags when the stream starts

I wonder if Sucy would ever make a love potion for someone. Also, it'd be fun to watch Sucy and Andrew interact. I wonder how that would go.

When will the stream begin?

youtube.com/watch?v=uFuTYxBTuCI

12 hours. Until then best two stay out of these threads.

>tfw LWA singlehandedly killed Sup Forums

You need to look around Sup Forums right now. The LWA generals didn't even get mentioned by other people.

Anyway, if the game had a potion making system, would it be better if it was as simple as a known recipe list where you just click a button, or would it be better if there was more depth?

From what I could see, it was Dragon Ball Super.

Recipe list and maybe a little minigame
>gather recipe items
>Take them all back to sucy and either have her make it
>or try and make it yourself for stronger version
>failure makes a weaker version of what you were trying to make
>successfully make your own enough times and sucy will just give the you the recipe to make it

bump

>Only way to discover the effect of ingredients and potions is by trial and error
>Akko has to drink them and see what happens

How does a witch makes spells anyway? Do they alter the laws of reality from zero? Why is there a spell who's only purpose is seemingly to ring bells? Dust that is meant to repair thing can actually bring the dead back to fucking life? How come necromancy is forbidden then? I imagine the police would be all day every day on the back of the witches using them to ressurrect crime victims so they could get testimony, they would be able to bag way more criminals if they cooperated with witches not to mention the crazy crimes witches would be able to pull off with magic, a magic crime division is almost a certainty, yet everybody seems to be happy to just say magic is outdated, let's completely ignore it. And what about the moon? Chariot blew the fucking and the was no worldwide repercussions? If the moon was more damaged it could have affected the tides and killed millions, how the hell did she blow up the moon and went away unscathed?

Anons say they want more lore but honestly I just want more witch adventures, Kill la Kill already proved they can't write lore for shit.

It was Dragon Ball.

>How does a witch makes spells anyway?
By drawing energy from Yggdrasil, this was actually explained pretty clearly.

>Do they alter the laws of reality from zero?
It's magic.

>Why is there a spell who's only purpose is seemingly to ring bells?
It's probably just an implementation of the spell they have to move objects.

>Dust that is meant to repair thing can actually bring the dead back to fucking life? How come necromancy is forbidden then?
It just brings back zombies and zombies might be dangerous.

>I imagine the police would be all day every day on the back of the witches using them to ressurrect crime victims so they could get testimony
Zombies are dangerous.

> they would be able to bag way more criminals if they cooperated with witches not to mention the crazy crimes witches would be able to pull off with magic, a magic crime division is almost a certainty
There is a magic police, did you miss the end of episode 25?

>yet everybody seems to be happy to just say magic is outdated, let's completely ignore it
Most witches are incompetent because they aren't passionate.

>If the moon was more damaged it could have affected the tides and killed millions, how the hell did she blow up the moon and went away unscathed?
Because Croix erased the memory of the only witnesses.

Are you speedwatching, user?

Is Alcor the mythical beast the same Alcor that's Ursula's familiar? The card says he only comes when summoned with the Shiny Rod.

Half of the lore in the cards is made up, user.

>Chariot self-inserting her pet into the cards as some mythical beast tameable only by the Rod
That's adorable

Really?

>successfully make your own enough times and sucy will just give the you the recipe to make it
If you were already making it successfully, then why would she need to give you the recipe?

user, they say pretty ridiculous things.

Won't be an issue if you actually discuss things instead of forcing generals while you circlejerk about relationships like teenage girls.

Yeah but like, how do they make them? The actual proccess of making a spell, choosing the right words, this kinda of thing. Also "Rihgulla Bierre" seems to be a specific bell related spell, but maybe I'm just biased because Bierre sounds like a jap pronunciation of Bell or Belle to me.

>zombies might be dangerous
I don't think so, they clearly don't work like usual zombies, they're just dead people they don't have viruses or anything. If they ressurrect one at a time with a witch nearby to dispell it, they could run a pretty nifty Pushing Daises style business with the police. I understand the horrors of if they were used to be an army, since an army that can just keep rising up without fail is terrifying, but that would be like banning guns because people MIGHT organize themselves with guns to make a millitia. It's dumb.

>Most witches are incompetent because they aren't passionate.
Most witches seemed pretty competent. Diana was perfection, yes, but Constanze, Lotte, Sucy, and even Amanda seemed to have no trouble getting passing grades and doing cool shit. Akko seemed to the exception with how shit she was. They weren't spectacular, as the Sahaim Festival proved most of them did things in a boring by the books way, but I think incompetent is too far.

>Because Croix erased the memory of the only witnesses.
Yeah, that doesn't really do anything. Chariot was already working in an age where technology was sufficiently advanced any goverment would have caught the trajectory of her laser beam in a million different ways and could easily track the point of origin from her show, the world's govermnents would have her ass in platter. No way they would let her go so easily after endangering the lives of millions all across the globe.

>There is a magic police, did you miss the end of episode 25?
Oh yeah, I forgot. You're right about this one. I wonder how Croix will do in jail?

Boy-ish Diana is super cute and handsome.

But then what about this?

>Yeah but like, how do they make them? The actual proccess of making a spell, choosing the right words, this kinda of thing.
It's probably mostly psychological; all witches do when using magic is using their bodies as a conduct for Yggdrasil's energy.

>
I don't think so, they clearly don't work like usual zombies, they're just dead people they don't have viruses or anything. If they ressurrect one at a time with a witch nearby to dispell it, they could run a pretty nifty Pushing Daises style business with the police.
Most witches seem to just avoid working with normal people by adhering to tradition. They're outdated because they made themselves outdated.

>They weren't spectacular, as the Sahaim Festival proved most of them did things in a boring by the books way, but I think incompetent is too far.
You're right, but "making things by the books" makes them mostly useless if they're just following all the rules and aren't impressive like Diana.

>Chariot was already working in an age where technology was sufficiently advanced any goverment would have caught the trajectory of her laser beam in a million different ways and could easily track the point of origin from her show, the world's govermnents would have her ass in platter.
Chariot disappeared, though.

>it's still alive

Please stop.

which is funny, i hear they're the ones fighting the hardest against this
to be the cause of something and then yell a shounen yell loudly to act as if you have some kind of bravado against the oppression you caused, sounds like meleefags

I want to discuss potions and there's a game stream tomorrow. What's the problem?

>tomorrow

These threads haven't stopped for days. Take a break, start one an hour before the stream.

Confirmed LWA lore:
-Witches use magic by drawing energy from Yggdrasil into their bodies; the more powerful a witch is, the closer she is to Yggdrasil.
-Very powerful witches live long lives and transform into trees when they die due to their connection to Yggdrasil.
-Yggdrasil is both an actual source of energy but its connection to the human world is driven by the power of belief.
-Witches are outdated due to their strict adherence to tradition and norms and how most of them are unwilling to innovate
-There is a magic government, they talk about it in episodes 12 and 13 and they make another appearance in 25.

But I actually do want to talk about potion lore.

dead fuckin thread huh
posted the followup to this, here

kys

jesus fucking christ I am not a clever man

>blair
aww yeah

the cancer here will get to me first I assure you

Witchpedia from the official site:
>Witches
>The history of witches dates is extremely long; the first recorded witch existed at least 2500 years BC. Being a witch is a profession, you become a witch through practice and study. You don’t need to be of a witch family to be a witch but you need to have the natural talent for it. Most people won’t be able to use magic no matter how hard they train. The use of magic has been relegated through a second plane due to advances in science and technology and these days it is considered a relic of the past. The abuse of magic and crimes committed using magic are extremely forbidden and cruel punishments have been inflicted on offenders.
>Luna Nova was founded in the 5th century and has a 1600 year history. Since it’s common that magic is an inherited trait, family lines and lineages have been emphasized but due to the lack of successors for many families, due to either children not interest in magic or witches not having daughters, they’ve been accepting everyone with magic aptitudes in recent years. Luna Nova has many specializations and their students can dedicate themselves to different professions. Due to living among witches all their lives, many Luna Nova students are a bit lacking in their common sense

I'll write a fic about Akko going wild in the game scenario because she knows the day is going to reset either way.

they were written by chariot. its like citing urself on wiki

Shut up shipperfag, no one fucking cares.

Shipping posts on /u/ please

>Yeah but like, how do they make them?
Well, it was explained that you had to know the emotions behind The Seven Words, so perhaps the spells themselves were just a simple command that allowed your emotions to manipulate the magic.

Reposting this to give more people a chance to read my shitty fanfic since last time I posted this it was during the endless ban wave.

pastebin.com/QKL8SBPN

You could just do it and then post it instead of annoucing you're going to do it. What if you die while you're writting user? You will leave a ton of anons blueballed. It's much better to just do it and drop a nice surprise in the middle of the thread.

Well, I also like it.

I legit wanted to talk about Andrew, should I make another thread?

I just want it to do it very detailed. I mean, Akko getting the best of Diana is hard bur if Diana is repeating the exact same day over and over again Akko could just write a memo of everything Diana will do in the day and overcome her with that knowledge.

Hey, I'm always down to discuss Andrew. We can do it here, or in the stream thread later. Let's not clutter Sup Forums.

I wonder if a translator fag is still lurking?

Sorry, new rules say make a new thread. This one is about potion making and the magic behind it.

>Avoid redirecting all discussion of a series to a single thread. Users are free to discuss similar content in separate threads as long as threads are not being spammed.
That's pretty silly. I hope the mods end up reversing this decision. Anyway, I guess you need to make a new thread, user-kun. We can talk about Andrew there.

It's extremely silly, people hate "general" threads, but spacing out different discussions on the same series is somehow fine. I'll be looking for your thread.

There's no rule that even implies you need to make a new thread for every possible topic when discussing a single show. Don't be fucking retarded.

>Don't be fucking retarded.
Where have you been today?

Saying don't have generals =/= make multiple threads arbitrarily. There doesn't need to be more than one thread as long as it isn't a general. Retard.

>Implying there's any rhyme or reason to why the mods delete threads right now

Mods can't tell the difference, but is probably right, they're deleting any thread that could even be considered a general thread.

Juat check the wording. You can't create topics with a vague theme because it would create a general. If you go for specific topic then you can't have nothing more than that topic because you would create a general.

A thread isn't a general if it's the only thread about a show or if new topics arise during it. Retard.

Please tell that to the mods that are mercilessly 404'ing the threads.

While that may be true, retardedly going "well let's just make a bunch of threads about the same show to spite the mods over semantics" is still stupid.

I wonder what the odds of Kengo uploading a proper scan of these sketches would be?

In the Harry Potter books, timing is extremely important in controlling the quality of the potion. I think there are even aspects of titration too.

I want it to be as close to real chemistry as possible to the point that it's more greuling and so difficult most people don't even bother. Because that's how you fucking do world-building.

I don't think they've done much with potion making through all of LWA, even if it's the entire gimmick of one of the main characters.

If you discuss multiple topics in a thread at the moment, the thread WILL get deleted.

A mini-game where you have to add ingredients to a specific rhythm, sort of like a Guitar Hero-style game would be cool, or are you talking about having even more free control of adding ingredients?

Nah. Watch this.

What do Sucy and Lotte do when Akko isn't around?

The user made a thread about Andrew. While he didn't put little or witch in the title, it's still a good one.

Lotte just spends her time in the most boring way, maybe re-reading her NF books?
Sucy just makes potions, and goes on short trips to search for rare ingredents.

i don't really care if you do, it's fine by me
but you also have to talk about blair
like andrew x blair

If he continues posting them on a regular basis, then high, considering that he released a book of the previous ones on this recent Comiket, maybe in Winter Comiket?

>Chariot summoning Alcor, just like Diana summoned the Unicorn during Sanhaim, was what made the third word activate.
I wish Akko had been present to watch Diana's ritual, she'd have noticed the similarities between that and Shiny Chariot's show, I didn't like that at no point did Akko suspect that Diana could be a secret Chariot fan like at the end of the OVA, the anime didn't really foreshadow it much either.

we all know diana is an UNCREATIVE bitch and just knows how to copy people. look at her in this video copying akko's yay

youtube.com/watch?v=WrrxWYcB4bI

What... what is this even.

diana needs to be punished, preferably in lewd ways

he deosnt know abou 3d model lwa dancing

youtube.com/watch?v=5ODqpCjLuFk&t=17s

I mean, I know about 3D Model Dancing, MMD and so on and so forth, but with LWA? Where'd the models even come from? The game's not out yet, so custom?

youtube.com/watch?v=7xie7Gkmnjk

bro these were made forever ago...like < eps 6..thre are a bunch of webm of them

>Where'd the models even come from?
Some guy that won't release them.

thats because he knows all you guys want his models is to make lewds

i mean
you're not wrong

Those who are agaisnt lewd are not true allies of the witches

youtube.com/watch?v=3Q1dfEOzIDU

he made the models for happy and fun dancing songs

I just want them to make cute stuff.

Define "Cute Stuff".

>Studying together
>Flying a broom together
>Having a picnic
>Handholding

THATS FORBIDDEN

I see.
I approve.

I have some bad news:
-Tomorrow's stream won't have Hidaka or Hikasa. It has Amanda's VA
-It won't reveal Diana or Ursula, it doesn't have a new PV
-It actually focuses on the background witches
-Hannah and Barbara basically already confirmed unplayable since they got grouped up with the background witches
-They're also going to reveal a new LWA project that involves the participation of the audience

Sauce?

i have some news for you, your ass smells and you need to stop reeking like a smash player