2003 Hohenheim > Crybaby Brotherhood Hohenheim

2003 Hohenheim > Crybaby Brotherhood Hohenheim

He was a being made from thousands of tortured souls, of course he's gonna be a little mopey.

Pretty much everything in 2003 > Crybaby Generic FIGHTAN Brotherhood Version

>going to alternate 1936-1945 dimension
>the obvious idea that hommunculi are just failed human transmutations
>shit villain that only wants to be immortal and gets killed by fucking gluttony
>nobody from xing
>make edward a manlet for eternity
>make alphonse become an edward clone in the movie
>have literal donut steals as important characters
>make rose extremely important(for some reason)
>everything after greed dies
2003 was okay at best

Real talk, people only remember 2003 because of the rape baby. Final episodes were balls, and I don't know how people don't see battles with Master Swordsman NuHitler to be anything other than a straight up improvement. Yes, final battle was decided like a typical shounen. Why the hell would you expect anything else?

I actually forgot about the rape baby, the most I remember from FMA 2003 is the shit movie and the entire ending (with Alphonse become a philosopher's stone and Scar losing his arms)

>03 Hohenheim
>horrible asshole who is the reason for all the problems of the story

>Brotherhood Hohenheim
>great healer, loving father/husband, basically jesus

I disagree OP

>and I don't know how people don't see battles with Master Swordsman NuHitler to be anything other than a straight up improvement.
People who don't want their anime to be teleporting ninja fests.

03 Hohenheim
>Willing original mastermind of all the problems
>Barely repenting genocidal visionary
>Invented the philosopher stone
>Self made alchemic genius
>Can transmute light
>Can defeat the big bad without even trying
>makes homonculi cower in fear
>Elegantly nonchalent

Brotherhood
>Unwilling pawn of a fucking flask
>Innocent yet still self loathing
>Invented a derivative brand of alchemy no one likes
>Owns everything he knows to a fucking flask
>Gets BTFO by the big bad
>Can't even defeat a single homonculi on his own
>Angsty and goofy

I dont know if youre trying to make the 2003 ver sound edgy as hell

2003 Hohenheim is barely a character.
The only thing 2003 handled better was Hughes death.

>Invented a derivative brand of alchemy no one likes
except the not-Chinese

also 03 Hohenheim got killed by an Homonculus

im thinking about watching this series but people always say that brotherhood is better. what do my Sup Forumsnons think

Watch both.

This.
2003 was more indepth in the beginning plus its own details so you have to watch both to see why the fandom is so divided

I have no idea what you fuckers are going on about. FMA has been animated twice and both times stopped abruptly halfway through. There's never been an ending. It's easier this way.

2003 was a bit too slow paced for my taste and lost interest in it, Brotherhood is fucking legit tho

Watch 2003 and then Broterhood. Skip the episodes with stuff that you have already seen (the first 7 or so)

>edgy
there goes that word

Both series origins of homunculi suck but
>the obvious idea that hommunculi are just failed human transmutations
is definitely better than manga/brotherhood

He's the one who invented chink alchemy. The terrible one used by character design mistakes.

>also 03 Hohenheim got killed by an Homonculus
Accepted his fate after understanding on his own that he couldn't go on for much longer anyway.
Brotherhood one needed everyone to spoonfeed moralfaggotry to him in order to feel plainly suicidal.

>both series origins of homunculi suck
I like Wrath's origin, and Greed-Ling had a good character, as did Envy for a bit.
>is definitely better than manga/brotherhood
No it isn't. Arbitrarily connecting shit like that and doing nothing with it isn't good, it's wasted potential. Envy really being Ed's half brother means fuck all to the plot, as does Sloth being Ed's mother, as nothing happens with them. The only one that worked was Lust.
Brotherhood having the Hommunculi just be parts of the main villain's philosopher's stone is better than just throwing ideas and not doing anything with them

>Wrath's origin
Was plain and wrath was a one dimensional autist until his second last panel.

>Envy for a bit
>for a bit
It's important to mention that second part.

>Brotherhood having the Hommunculi just be parts of the main villain's philosopher's stone is better than just throwing ideas and not doing anything with them
Rough gems > Polished turds.

>Was plain and wrath was a one dimensional autist until his second last panel.
I liked the whole thing with taking a bunch of orphans and having them be Father's experiments to create an aging hommunculus
>Rough gems > Polished turds.
The 2003 stuff wasn't gems as it was only done properly once. Everything else was mediocre at best.

Still doesnt mean im wrong no matter how you strawman it

Yes but his personality was just awful even in his flashback.

>strawman
And another one.

I believe that was the point. Unlike Greed/Greed-Ling, most of the hommunculi were meant to be assholes. Not exactly the best way to write your villain, but the ones who lasted to the end were usually pretty good and memorable, which is more than can be said for 03's Pride, Sloth, Gluttony, Envy and Greed.

Other homonculi were funny psychos. He was a boring asshole.

2003 wrath was a mistake but 'we need the shota audience'

>Other homonculi were funny psychos. He was a boring asshole.
Except the way he does things, the way it's portrayed is visually and just in general interesting enough to keep you watching. I just love him during the Promised Day, as he just strolls through the city, walking right past Alphonse and takes out a few dozen soldiers and a tank without really giving a shit. It's just fun to watch really.
>2003 wrath was a mistake but 'we need the shota audience'
I thought he was close to being done well, but nothing really happened with him and Izumi until the movie where you get the two seconds at the gate

Stay mad after getting exposed

>Stay mad
And another one

Still mad

>2003
>dad leaves because MUH UGLY BODY
>Brotherhood
>dad leaves to save the fucking world

I will never understand why FMA Brothehood is so praised, I got the exact amount of joy from it as when I watched FMA 2003

>Not skipping the anime adaptations entirely and

just read the manga you fucking mongs

>transmutes light
What the fuck does that mean? Also Bro Ho BTFO'd Pride while everyone else was jobbing hard

He jobbed to fucking Dante.
Even Lust from Brotherhood would have torn her ass a new one.

>read the manga that inspired the inferior version
No thanks

>Even Lust from Brotherhood would have torn her ass a new one
>having to resort to powerlevels to prove my brotherhood is better
truly pathetic

miles better than manga

>>read the manga that inspired the inferior version
>No thanks
2003's flaws are not the manga's fault.

holy fuk reddit
kys

>manlet mc

Cliche evil dad < actual well-developed character

>disliking the latter half of Brotherhood

But why

>all these 2003 apologists

Disgusting

How can FMA 2003 be good when best girl isn't in it?

Baby's first anime

2003 all the way

blasen Sie es aus Ihrem Arsch

Good taste, user.

>implying 2003 isn't defended only because it was your babby's first

>nobody from xing
Is this supposed to be a bad thing?

this
2003 anime original ending is just simply fucking better, the writing really picks up after it takes off from the source

i mean really, a generic evildoer who wants to become a god? and a final battle with generic powerup thanks to MUH BROTHERLY LOVE? this is a fucking joke

But there was no generic powerup at the end. The only thing Ed got was his shitty attophied arm back, the fuck are you on about

>the writing picks up
>sudden parallel worlds with no forshadowing
>fucking automail cyborgs

(You)

cyborgs fueled by alchemic bs really aren't that ridiculous in the context of this series

>entire series starts off with how once you die there's no going back
>but they can make a mechanical replacement for half of your head
>despite no computerisation and all the engineering being analog, even in automail

No it isnt because it begs the huge fucking question of why there are only 7 homunculi and why they are names after the sins

>but they can make a mechanical replacement for half of your head
Did anything prove he had only half a brain in there?

it would die instantly because of no blood. And I'm glad you bring that up caude it opens up a new can of worms

>half the intestines
>half the stomach
>no heart
>but they somehow put it all together and made a functional person
>despite the fact that automail rehab is a full year of pain and vomit when it's just one limb

>sudden parallel worlds
>no foreshadowing

There are at least a dozen real world images during Ed's episode 29 vision of the gate.

You fucking started with the shitty powerlevels.
I guess I'm not allowed to do that too?
Fuck off.

Original source > edgy fanfiction

Anyone who thinks 2003 is better than Brotherhood is objectively wrong and is probably baiting.

Brotherhoodfags are the only shonenfags who think that being the "original" somehow makes their series not shit.

correct

2003 is more true to the themes of the source than the source is

>can't even spell "nonchalant" right
As expected of someone with such a shit taste. Take off the nostalgia goggles, faggot.

What themes would that be?

I'm mangafag, not Brotherhood fag. And yes, even brotherhood is better. 2003 is for edgy teenagers who believe the darker the better.

2003fags are wannabe elitists in denial who instantly dismiss or like stuff based on genre rather than any actual quality

It's shonen, it was always shonen, it was published in a shonen magazine, 2003 is shonen as well, the fuck did you expect you idiot

I never gave a shit about the plot of either but 03 has better music and direction.

Watch both. 2003 version first, then movie, then brotherhood.

Read the manga.

Equivalent exchange, sacrifice, acceptance, etc

Wasn't Alphonse a Nazi in 2003 or something?

Watch brotherhood

More comedy

More action

More suspense

More darkness

Read the manga. Even though Brotherhood takes things from it, it seriously skims over the first 4th of the story and it loses a lot of its heart in the process. Please, PLEASE read the manga.

03 Greed was still loveable. He had a tragic element to him still in how he took the blame when Ed found him with Dante's body because he wanted to be killed by him. He also was a reincarnation of one of Dante's past lovers (who Dante killed and made a homunculus for experiment's sake), which is why he couldn't help but want to see her again and why Envy dislikes him.

Unfortunately that last detail is only mentioned in a clipshow OVA.

Not that user but Dante named them and its mentioned that there were previous homunculi for some of them, like Sloth and Lust. I guess she just likes to have seven at a time, and they can only turn into homunculi when they eat the red stones so other failed human transmutations probably just die off.

Only theorising though.

Come to think of it, did the blob Ed and Al brought (manga/Bro version) just die from all the exposed organs? Or is it mentioned that it was killed? I can't remember.

What the literal fuck lmao

Alternate Hughes was. I think he leaves in the end of the movie though.

>More comedy
this is a bad thing.
Arakawa can't write comedic scenes to save her life

Whats better about 03 Hoenheim is that hes just an asshole. He abandoned Ed because he had other things to do. Theres no elaborate justification and his "tragic backstory" just makes him more shit.

Its nice that a shounen just had a fucking bad parent.