MAKE IT STOP

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_Production_Code
Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Atleast one main character is black

who gives a heck

>sci-fi

When's he finishing the Half Life movie?

Idris Elba and Cosgrove casting, calling it now.
ANGERY

I don't even know anymore.
The only thing I care about is the Battle Angel movie next year. It's probably going to suck, but hope springs eternal and all that.

who gives a heck

It's JJ style!

Why don't americans consider animated movies/shows legitimate?

Animation is for children

Also, Hollywood is a degenerate brothel and should be dismantled.

Quality thread

>sci-fi

>kimi no na wa gets raped by hollywood
>OPM S2 being done by JC Staff
>Kemono Friends fucking died

That was the worst week ever.

Maybe this will be a good thing though. If J.J. Abrams fucks this up (which in all likelihood he will because has there ever been a good western adaptation?) Hollywood executives will stop trying to adapt our Chinese comics and cartoons.

>Hollywood executives will stop trying to adapt our Chinese comics and cartoons.
Why would that happen? Dragonball Evolution being a complete fucking disaster almost ten years ago didn't stop them from trying and failing with GitS.

Or Death Note, for that matter. Or all the other recent ones.

>Hollywood executives will stop trying to adapt our Chinese comics and cartoons.
Do you think Hollywood doesnt exist solely to crush everything you care about? Nothing is sacred to them.

They need to cast some new actresses to molest

I wonder how Sup Forums feels about the fact that every one of their preteen Disney/Nickolodeon waifus has had sex with an old faceless fat man before.

>Implying that it isn't expected.
Also, what was HIS name again?

I'm going to watch this in theaters.

Well, I mean they aren't faceless, they have a face with a very large hooked nose.

>Your name is renamed to Your Pronouns
>Is about a WHITE MALE swapping bodies with a trannie
>He learns how hard is to be a transgendered woman in modern society and how easy is to be a white male
>At the end of the movie he gets a sex change surgery

>scifi
what the fuck, it just has some supernatural elements
what is so science fiction about your name?

Your Name made me try being more socially out-going, yet I doubt a live adaptation can do the same at all.

The best part is that literally every article spoils the twist of the movie. It's almost as if no one will care about this!

True, but they only care about turning in a profit. It's not like they actively seek out to destroy everything you love. They're just out of touch morons who want more money. If you think about it, there hasn't been that many western adaptations of anime or manga series. Maybe after this failure of an adaptation, they'll realize it's not an avenue worth investing time and resources in, and will leave the mediums alone.

Plus, J.J. Abrams is like the golden boy of Hollywood; if he can't deliver a good adaptation, they'll realise no one can.

A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

Back to Twitter.

(((they))) aren't going to stop until they've got their tendrils in every form of entertainment
the samurai can't hold them back forever

A good number of shitty reboots and anime/western cartoon adaptations are not made for profit. Its either money laundering or some scheme like The Producers where it doesnt matter if it flops or not.

who?

>(((something)))
Get out.

lmao u is unhip af desu sempai

mere coincedences

What?

It made you a normie like ?

>normie
Lurk more.

mub da muhfun wokepill bix nood

Are you okay?

He's on Sup Forums so I think you know the answer to that

DON'T TALK ABOUT THIS!
JUST IGNORE!

lmfaoooooo tru tho 100 100 100

>Kemono Friends fucking died
Perfect. That's probably why that penguin suicided.

This is actually a myth. Dragonball Evolution Cost $30 million to make and made $57.5 million. Same with Ghost in the Shell—cost $110 million and made $170 million.

The trend of anime-inspired movies is only going to go up. Hollywood is only going to get more risk-averse as people start consuming movies through streaming services instead of going to the theater, or just watching TV, even more than they are now. They want something they know has mass appeal rather than trying to create something new.

I saw it being described as science fiction too before I watched. They are on drugs probably. Still, I think that trying to explain the phenomenon would made it even more convoluted.

Live action Fate fucking when?

That's just too mean

so much this

Oh, I thought he was going to inject capital/produce an anime based off that, since he does do stuff like that. I can't wait for Netflix, Amazon, et al to dismantle the whole apparatus.

It's only going to get worse. If not in the form of live-actions, expect tons of cerebral anime like Neo Yokio.

Idris Elba as Mitsuha please!

I swear I'm going to start a boycott hollywood group if they go through with this
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK YYYOOOOOOOUUUUU HHOOOOLLLLYYYYYYWWOOOOOOOODDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

What the fuck is with these threads attracting the most cancer posts?

Taki is black kid from ghetto.
Mitsuha is fat girl who works for PETA.

HOLLYWOOD GOLD

if digits MC is cucked by a transgender non-hetero sexual black person and instead of japan it is on a place with no mosques and the meteor fall happen because they didn't built any, so MC save everyone by building one together with the local african imam

>degenerate
Go back there.

this is how Sup Forumsvitter plans to convert this board into yet another raids n' screenies webring

Will it at least have the same focus on feet this movie had? This is important.

I think it is similar to some part of the anime audience being seiyuu or director fags: They will watch an anime just because it has a certain name involved.
American entertainment, and especially Hollywood, seems to think that their audience mostly consists of such people (they are probably right). They therefore don't really care what is produced, just that certain people are involved, which in this case will be JJ and some big name actors to pull the audience towards the production.

>Protagonists are a black sub Saharan African boy and a blonde white girl that look like they're 25 but are in high school

AND THEY FELL IN LOVE ON 9/11!

Forgot my point: Since many of the older audience have actor waifus/husbandos, they can't use the animated medium for maximum profit. Also, as mentioned, the cartoon stigma.

go back to Sup Forumsitter

You know it's true. One of the main protagonists MUST be black because that is the (((hollywood))) agenda.

Oy vey a room full of white people in america how dare they

post about it on Sup Forumsitter

John Boyega as Taki and that girl from Stranger Things as Mitsuha. Calling it now

go call it on Sup Forumsitter

Yellow is a colour, right ?

How did Your Name fare in the US?

not to jews

google it fag

From what anime is this

>your name
>sci-fi
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hollywood movies generally have to make back twice their budget to be seen as worthwhile ventures. Budgets don't contain the money spent on advertising nor does it take into consideration the opportunity cost towards making another, potentially successful, film with the same money. Perhaps the weren't "disasters" financially but they failed nonetheless.

>>>Sup Forumsrules/6
How this thread hasn't been deleted?

die weeaboo fag this isn't your board anymore

Taki will be nigger

Mitsuha will be transgender

It will probably just get shelved alongside Akira and the other 30 or so anime movies that will never get made
it does bother me that the original articles about it gave away the whole plot including twist.
made 1.5M or something

Go complain about za jewwwsss and twitter faggots on your board.
You clearly don't belong here.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_Production_Code
Animated movies never quite recovered from this.

AYO HOL UP
*smacks lips*
SO U BE SAYIN
*orders double at KFC*
THAT WE UH
*plays Battlefield 1*
WUZ TIMETRAVELLERS N SHIT?

>Sup Forumsbait finally infecting Sup Forums

it was only a matter of time.

underrated

>Pedowood
>not shit
Hi Harvey Weinstein

report cross-board raids, as they violate global rule 4

What? What anime is that?

AYO

Is this a Sup Forums thread?

it sure as hell isn't an Sup Forums thread

why was one post in this thread deleted when the rest of the thread is the exact same shit?

Old news; either way, it's gonna flop. Abrams is really not as big a name as you give him credit. The financial success of Star Trek, LOST, and Star Wars have nothing to do with him being attached to the projects and everything to do with those franchises being fucking massive to begin with.

Pretty sure it's Sup Forums.

Maybe the poster's IP was banned and all his posts deleted automatically?

Sup Forums.org/bans
I don't think so, also thanks for bumping this thread again, it was on page 9.

Nah
The characters are going to remain the same
But in the ending when Taki looks at Mitsuha up in that stairway shes with a Tyrone

>which in all likelihood he will because has there ever been a good western adaptation?
Live
Die
Repeat

>Live Die Repeat
I refuse to call it like that
Its Edge of Tomorrow god dammit!