Haruhi Suzumiya

Jace Cook
Jace Cook

Picked this up. What the fuck is the controversy over watching it in chronological/broadcast order?

I started off the first episode and every information about this anime is about watching it in a specific order. Why the fuck is this an issue?

All urls found in this thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53oAuWTZy0A
Zachary Garcia
Zachary Garcia

Because it wasn't broadcast chronologically, you inbred fuckmonkey.
What are you not comprehending?

Brody Ramirez
Brody Ramirez

Then why is every release in a chronological order?

Noah Bailey
Noah Bailey

It's not, you brainfucked spastic asshat, your 240p streaming site just rearranged the series into the chronological one since that's what casuls prefer.
Literally just google it.

Nolan Johnson
Nolan Johnson

Just watch chronological, broadcast was a meme that only worked in 2006. Watch episode 0 first though

Jacob Sanchez
Jacob Sanchez

DVD-rip
ya ok

Hunter Myers
Hunter Myers

Watch the chronological order
If you happen to drop the series mid-way (which might happen in season 2), make a point of at least watching the movie because it's a masterpiece

Caleb Scott
Caleb Scott

I wouldn't drop a series.

Tyler Gomez
Tyler Gomez

its autism

Levi Price
Levi Price

Watch broadcast.

Aiden Bell
Aiden Bell

Don’t watch it at all.

Matthew White
Matthew White

broadcast order is best.

if you want chronological, just read the books.

anime was made to be watched in broadcast order, it adds to the experience.

John Hernandez
John Hernandez

This

Aiden King
Aiden King

What does it add though?
The most I got from it was confusion

Mason Kelly
Mason Kelly

why in the fuck was the order changed in the first place

Carter Murphy
Carter Murphy

Maybe you are too stupid for this anime?

Brandon Jackson
Brandon Jackson

We don't know.
But it was really fucking idea.

Also. New Haruhisky.

Ethan Scott
Ethan Scott

Watch Broadcast the first time. At the very least, watch the broadcast first episode first

Evan Murphy
Evan Murphy

dont watch it

it's pretty interesting at first but then you reach the end and realise that literally NOTHING fucking happened at all throughout the show.

Probably the most disappointing anime of all time

Hudson Jackson
Hudson Jackson

The one on the right looks like a character from dark souls

Andrew Phillips
Andrew Phillips

Was something wrong with the right side of the lens?

Jeremiah Parker
Jeremiah Parker

What were you expecting? It's an LN adaptation set in a school

Jayden Wright
Jayden Wright

Gl on endless 8

Isaiah Nelson
Isaiah Nelson

simple version: since it's out of order you get a wtf feeling all the time. the events and the pace are all over the place and it's a good thing.

Chase Ross
Chase Ross

I take it you've only seen 20 anime

Anthony Russell
Anthony Russell

can somebody explain to me to me that hand gesture

Alexander Baker
Alexander Baker

Kyon gets sex with this every night
Fucking lucky bastard.

Brody Young
Brody Young

Isn't it a cheap way to get a "wtf feeling" though

Robert Williams
Robert Williams

Except going thousands years loops, altered worlds and time travels

Caleb Nelson
Caleb Nelson

I'd say the 6th episode has much bigger impact if watched in 2006 air order

Ryder Baker
Ryder Baker

It's the size of their penises.

Carter Gutierrez
Carter Gutierrez

You get a better understanding of everyone’s character progression, the lack of which is easily found in those that watch it chronologically

Connor Bennett
Connor Bennett

Well yeah Melancholic 6 is the only reason Broadcast is a thing, but it just doesn't make sense for character development with S2+movie

Dylan Williams
Dylan Williams

ow, my heart

Jackson Thompson
Jackson Thompson

watch guitar covers on youtube

Easton Parker
Easton Parker

I'm still waiting for that OVA adaptation.

Aaron Miller
Aaron Miller

This post makes no sense.

John Nelson
John Nelson

Kyon/Haruhi slice of life married couple 13 episode spin off when

Nicholas Ward
Nicholas Ward

Because it's not supposed to be watched chronologically, if you *really* want to appreciate it

Colton Wright
Colton Wright

/a/thread/164696326#p164700000

Christian James
Christian James

I want to fucking die.

Colton Thompson
Colton Thompson

if you want chronological, just read the books.
But the books aren't chronological, you hack.
since it's out of order you get a wtf feeling all the time
What a garbage defense.
This. That episode in the middle felt out of place until S2. Now the debate is really fucking pathetic and you should just watch the new obviously-endorsed-by-kyoani order from S1+S2.

Easton Wright
Easton Wright

chronological order

literally meme for casuls and newfags who werent here to watch it when it aired
i mean, if thats your thing, go right ahead and watch it however you fucking like
just please keep in mind that you're nothing but a casul and you should try a site more suited for people like you
try facebook anime fanpage or something like that instead

Sebastian Hughes
Sebastian Hughes

newfags who werent here to watch it when it aired
You do realise that was 2006 right, so a newfag is anyone who hasn't been here for 11 years?

Wyatt Howard
Wyatt Howard

yeah

Zachary Murphy
Zachary Murphy

casual
Wasn't Haruhi like the most popular thing in 2006?, if anything having interest on it today is harder than back then when everyone just followed the hype.

Andrew Long
Andrew Long

Stringent guidelines indeed

Jaxon Green
Jaxon Green

interest is stronger after a decade of something airing
what fucking drugs are you on?

Carter Hill
Carter Hill

Are you retarded? He's saying that there's less interest in Haruhi today

Easton Cooper
Easton Cooper

How do I go back in time fellas?

Christian Nguyen
Christian Nguyen

You have to find Mikuru in real life

William Perez
William Perez

Oh man Yuko Goto looks really bad

Xavier Morgan
Xavier Morgan

Who's the one in the middle, she a qt

Carson Howard
Carson Howard

Well, looks like I'm getting a ticket to Osaka and the train to Nishinomiya. Hopefully she's outside the school gates.

Thomas Peterson
Thomas Peterson

I don't understand how you came to that with what he wrote.

Luke Gutierrez
Luke Gutierrez

You'll need to separate her from Tsuruya though, also I hope you can speak nip

Jason Long
Jason Long

Ayden Collins
Ayden Collins

Would waving, saying 2006 with my hands and reversing a clock get the message across to her without having to learn nip?

Jonathan Watson
Jonathan Watson

Draw it out on a whiteboard and you should be good

Wyatt Howard
Wyatt Howard

Aya Bass isn't even an instrument really Hirano

Brandon Morales
Brandon Morales

Want to watch anime in non chronological order,
even most of the fansub list them in broadcast order, instead of chronological order?
Jinrui wa shimashita
Princess Principal

Kayden Watson
Kayden Watson

is the order something similar to montogari where it's kind of the point to watch it in broadcast order

or is it something like.. firefly

Kevin Long
Kevin Long

With broadcast order the baseball game is much more epic, which is important for me as a nagatofag.

Dominic Wood
Dominic Wood

adds to the experience
I need to end the first cour on an epic "climax" because I dont understand what good pacing is

Fuck off nigger. Chronological order is the best. The last ep of 1st season in chrono is the perfect way to end the season.

Jace Reyes
Jace Reyes

Aya Hirano needs to come back to anime.

Bentley Ortiz
Bentley Ortiz

The narrative is paced for the broadcast order. The story's climax happens half way chronologically.

Ryder Thompson
Ryder Thompson

She wont be hired again for anything except Haruhi as long as assblasted japanese otakus exist

Lucas White
Lucas White

As someone looking for advice, this doesn't help one bit.

Landon King
Landon King

It's so sad that the industry is literally being held hostage by a buch of otakus. They are insane, but they are the ones buying overpriced BDs and figurines.

Jose Cox
Jose Cox

I just read the books. I've only watched the first episode.

John Ortiz
John Ortiz

Absolutely retarded tbqh, how is it a scandal to have sex? Nippon is absolutely crazy when it comes to this sort of shit

Jonathan Roberts
Jonathan Roberts

How is this even a question? The anime was created to be viewed in broadcast order. That's what the director wanted. Do you want to watch the episode the director intended, or read the cliff notes on a website? Same reason you'd watch the episodes in the intended order.

Jayden Green
Jayden Green

how is it a scandal to have sex?
It is a scandal to have sex in Japan, which is idiotic. But that really fails to describe the band orgy that she participated in, which would be a scandal anywhere.

Angel Morgan
Angel Morgan

Because all BD/DVD releases are in chronological order.

Charles Robinson
Charles Robinson

It's all banter really, not like I'm gonna sleep with her ever so I'll just keep enjoying Haruhi

Sebastian Sanchez
Sebastian Sanchez

We all know that the real scandal is that she didn't share some love with the bassist. The drums and bass are the foundations or any band.

Liam Adams
Liam Adams

The re-boardcast before S2 and the official dvd releases changed the order. That's what the director wanted. This "intended order" autism needs to stop. The "intended order" was to further hype the show and encourage theorycrafting when there was a one-week break between episodes.

Justin Carter
Justin Carter

Are you fucking kidding me? You know chronological order is what the ENTIRE series was BROADCASTED in right?
Broadcast order is very nearly fanmade shit. The whole series was NEVER broadcast in that order.
"Broadcast order" is literally misleading bullshit, again, the series was NEVER broadcast in that order.

Ryan Evans
Ryan Evans

Don't get me wrong, I'm not about "purity" but I have to admit that a band orgy really makes you seem pathetic. Regardless, her somber Haruhi voice is still top tier, so I agree.

Jack Bennett
Jack Bennett

I don't get it, can you explain it in more detail??

Thomas Thomas
Thomas Thomas

That sounds like speculation about the reasons for doing things.

On a second viewing the reason for the original order is less needed, so that can explain why things were rearranged.

Aiden Fisher
Aiden Fisher

He means that S1 was broadcast in "broadcast order" and then S1+S2 was broadcast in chronological order.

Daniel Rodriguez
Daniel Rodriguez

A bit of a unique situation really, unlucky for it to leak and unlucky that she's so famous, otherwise no one would have cared/known about it

Blake Sullivan
Blake Sullivan

Kek you had to do that? I only watched the oldest one I found thinking the 2006 one was a remake and nothing else

Isaiah Perry
Isaiah Perry

Why are you telling me this as if I wasn't there when it happened?

Luis Morris
Luis Morris

It's no more speculation than
The anime was created to be viewed in broadcast order.
Either one could be the arbitrary switch, but considering they didn't even try to make broadcast order fit with S2, what does that tell you? That it was a one-off gimmick?

Nathan Powell
Nathan Powell

ah yes the chronological order is necessary to understand how the characters felt and their motives during endless eight

screw this, the 2006 order is the way to go. they need a good 12 episodes buildup before Haruhi can go around attempting destroying the world and Kyon confessing to her

Jacob Ortiz
Jacob Ortiz

For that matter, the episodes themselves acknowledge the broadcast order. It indicates that there is more than one way to watch the series - the chronological order is for people who are have already seen all the "reveals" and want to see how it all fits together.

We have the fact that the episodes were created in that order, and acknowledged as that to be "an order to watch them in" in the previews. What's the significance of having that order, otherwise?

Charles Anderson
Charles Anderson

untagged finale spoilers in a thread arguing about how OP should watch the series for his first time
Broadcast order autists really are irredeemable.

Colton Ward
Colton Ward

welp guess I can't mention how Mami loses her head in 3rd episode either

Dominic Reed
Dominic Reed

Broadcast order only exist beside the average anime watcher is stupid and their heads would explode of a series ever did something that's not cookie cutter and had the climax in the middle of the series instead of the end.
Haruhi even comments on this in the series.

Wyatt Phillips
Wyatt Phillips

Kyon confessing to her
Not sure I'd call it a confession exactly, he just figures out Nagato's clue and want's to get out

Evan Sanders
Evan Sanders

the episodes themselves acknowledge the broadcast order.
and acknowledged as that to be "an order to watch them in" in the previews.
Shuffling the previews to correspond with the broadcast order is called commitment. It would have been an extremely low-effort and low-quality gimmick otherwise. This doesn't make it more "official", it just makes it what was done first. One-off gimmick.

Camden Perry
Camden Perry

You'd be an idiot to say it in a "hey I'm thinking about watching this /a/" thread, yes.

Brayden Hall
Brayden Hall

If that's how they wanted the series to be introduced to people, what's wrong with that?

Ethan Davis
Ethan Davis

It's not a finale in the autism order

Colton Phillips
Colton Phillips

You're all fucking retards. Watch the first season in broadcast order, then go back and watch both seasons in chronological order.

Luis Hill
Luis Hill

Rebroadcasting S1 in a different order before S2 wasn't only for people who have already seen it, surely you realize? What does that say about how they wanted the series to be introduced to people?

Daniel Cooper
Daniel Cooper

ywn have this
What's even the point of going on anymore?

Evan Wilson
Evan Wilson

This is the correct answer, I originally watched it in chronological order and I think it would have been better to start off with the adventures of mikuru 00 as it's such a bizarre opening episode for an anime without the context of the show whereas in the chronological order it's almost the last episode

Chase Martinez
Chase Martinez

I dont understand what good pacing is
It was all there, you didn't need to write any more.

Hudson Brown
Hudson Brown

I guess based on the two broadcasts, this must be THE DIRECTOR'S TRUE INTENTION eh?

Jason Russell
Jason Russell

Then you might as well wait three years too.

Joseph Collins
Joseph Collins

The rebroadcast was not before but also during S2. Some of S2 happens chronologically between episodes of S1 and they did the same with the airing.

Obviously it wouldn't make sense to mix up the order when they're airing it at the same time as S2.

Colton Martin
Colton Martin

i got fucking pissed when i heard about the scandal and stopped following haruhi -- and you can't change my mind

Ian Nguyen
Ian Nguyen

broadcast order was fantastic because getting to know characters and watch their interaction was a good buildup for what happens at the end

meanwhile chronological order was like "hello we're aliens and this is our lord and saviour Haruhi please help us contain her magical golems. good job now please enjoy the rest of this SoL show and look forward to the endless eight"

Jonathan Davis
Jonathan Davis

not watching novel order

Blake Anderson
Blake Anderson

What so bad about an orgy?

Jaxson Clark
Jaxson Clark

too much benis

Aaron Gomez
Aaron Gomez

Too much desperation for any cock you can find.

Brody Thompson
Brody Thompson

She gets VA work, just not in anime.

Kevin Russell
Kevin Russell

they need a good 12 episodes buildup before Haruhi can go around attempting destroying the world
That makes no sense at all, this show is all about Haruhi becoming a better and more sociable person, weakening her powers in the process, It makes no sense for her to go all autistic and melancholic after episodes like Live Alive (the culmination of all her built up).
Kyon confessing to her
He didn't confess to her, he just wanted to convince her about the greatness of the old world and kissing her was the best way

Thanks for proving broadcastfags don't get this show at all.

Aiden Peterson
Aiden Peterson

only watching Haruhi now
not knowing what the fuss is about
Are you new to anime or something?

Benjamin Sanders
Benjamin Sanders

I think part of the appeal of the show is the experimental nature of it. Sometimes it backfires, but that's the point of an experiment.

That's why I would suggest people to watch broadcast order, and go to the other if you rewatch. Otherwise I feel like you'd be missing part of the experience.

Daniel Sanders
Daniel Sanders

I'd say broadcast is only worth it for S1. After that wait like 1 month and watch everything chronological to get a good grasp of the development.

Jason Parker
Jason Parker

Would this mean that she's 29 by now?

Matthew Lopez
Matthew Lopez

Export she's in Jewelpet, was in Parasyte, and god knows what else.
It's been like almost a decade why are people still so uninformed about everything, it's not like we don't say it every single thread.

Jackson Perez
Jackson Perez

That makes no sense at all, this show is all about Haruhi becoming a better and more sociable person, weakening her powers in the process

Well maybe if the novels were still written and show still animated the chronological order would be a way to go. But they aren't, hence a broadcast order provides a satisfying climax. Unless you believe the good ending to the show is that dumb mikuru movie.

Adam Wright
Adam Wright

No Someday in the Rain is the ending.
Mikuru is like an extra OVA, obviously.

Brandon Rivera
Brandon Rivera

But they aren't, hence a broadcast order provides a satisfying climax
It just has a "climax" for S1 (if only for muh kiss), chronological has a much better climax for S1+S2.

Unless you believe the good ending to the show is that dumb mikuru movie.
Chronological doesn't end with the Mikuru movie dumbass, it ends with Live Alive and Someday in the Rain which are perfect endings for the show. Episode 00 is alright to watch as a first episode though.

Camden Robinson
Camden Robinson

Don't forget Yuki-chan!

Ryan Carter
Ryan Carter

Thank you for bringing some semblance of intelligence to this thread.

Camden Robinson
Camden Robinson

he didn't enjoy E8
Fucking plebeian

Aiden Gutierrez
Aiden Gutierrez

It's difficult to binge 3 hours of the same episode

Eli Harris
Eli Harris

NEETlife allows for it.

Isaiah Long
Isaiah Long

nice get

Ryder Bell
Ryder Bell

Best imouto

Angel Edwards
Angel Edwards

The US DVD release tried to release it in broadcast order, but Kyoani wouldn't allow it. They got around it by having the limited edition sets come with a second disc that had them in broadcast order. I believe that release is the ONLY time the original next episode previews have been included in a physical release.

Xavier Robinson
Xavier Robinson

haruhi made them high school age forever

Brody Myers
Brody Myers

Fuck off you twat this show is great, it’s not like all th Fujo shit that comes out now a days.

Camden Gonzalez
Camden Gonzalez

Whoa, calm down man

Benjamin Green
Benjamin Green

It's not a spoiler if you watch it in the right order :^)

Mason Garcia
Mason Garcia

Now OP if you really want the intended experience make sure you only watch one episode of endless 8 a week or else you are completely ruining the directors message

Brody Evans
Brody Evans

it's not a spoiler if it doesn't spoil the very end of the very last episode :^)

Connor Walker
Connor Walker

Why are you bumping my thread anon-kun?

Luis Russell
Luis Russell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53oAuWTZy0A

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page