Taking care of a beta fish

This fish has no name.

My roommate has had him for about 5 months. His aquarium still has the dried skeleton of his unfortunate predecessor.

I feel so bad for him/her. My lazy roommate simply wanted a fish and got one. He’s made no effort put him in a proper environment and I’m pretty sure I just witnessed him eating his own shit because he literally never gets fed.

I want to save him. I can’t stand watching another fish die slowly over the course of months. Is there any chance for the little guy to survive? How can I safely move him and nurse him back to health? He’s developed a weird ashy tone to his scales. I’m afraid he’s sick.

Every day I walk by he looks weaker and weaker. He’s stayed in this dirty cup with tap water for way too long. I thought he was dead this morning but he was still wiggling.

Also I need a name for the fish. Poor bastard doesn’t even have a name.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rUwsrglA1NM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

oops how embarrassing

Roommate worst girl holy shit.

You're on the wrong board, but I'd suggest first moving him to a proper tank with clean water. Use spring water like Poland Spring, as betas are pretty sensitive fish. feed him a proper diet, but start with only a few pellets at a time as eating too much too fast can kill him. See how he does for a while.

Just flush it you stupid faggot

Well now you have to name it after an anime character

You should name him Skippy. Also, why don't you offer to feed him and change is water? Or, offer to buy the fish from your roommate?

We had a beta fish for a while. The mods stopped taking care of him as well and he ended up dying too.

take it to the vet

Name it Ponyo

Shove it up your ass

Name him ferri-chan and build him a tiny cat ear harness for his hear
sew him a tiny dress too

I HATE IT

oh haha

what's the greatest fish in chinese cartoons?

Name it Freddy.

Imagine being trapped in a room only as twice as wide as yourself, able to see the outside world but being unable to move. What a horrible existence.

You know what needs to be done.

GUTS

I'd name this particular fish "Crossboarder".

#BetasForBettas

kek

HE HATES IT

if Sup Forums could be limited to posts related to non Sup Forums or Sup Forums tier threads, it doesn't sound like such a bad existence

Get him out of that fucking cup and feed him it's not that fucking hard.

Yuu wants to eat the sakana

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Chunchunmaru

Feels fuckin bad

youtube.com/watch?v=rUwsrglA1NM

Ty based tyrone

ITS TIME TO MAKE SOME SUSHI

Based

You're my hero

You put it in a fish tank filled with water, feed it and leave it alone. Get a filter too so it doesn't turn gay.