twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I NEED A BIGGER GUN

UNH UNH UNH

DON'T LOSE YOUR KEEEEEY

THIS WORLD SUCKS

YOU GET MAD

LOOK OVER THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEEEEE

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE FUTURE

ONE BY ONEEEEE seriously is there a soundtrack to purchase somewhere? Loved this games ost

HELLO...? IS THIS THING ON?

I CAN'T HEAR YOU
I CAN'T SEE YOU

I went on perfect dark recently and downloaded the OST for the game. God I love the (non-vocal) music

I'm 3 fucking augments away from beating this game. Fucking Christ, I'm so close, I can almost taste Telethia's butthole cannolis when I finally beat that 3rd phase.

160 hours in. One. Hundred. And. Sixty. Hours. I've finished off Oblivia, Sylvalum, Cauldros, NLA, Primordia, and just need that last fucking segment in Noctilum. I've only got Sharnaak's Seidr, Telethia the Endbringer, Gradivus the Headless Emperor, and Pharsis the Everqueen left to finish off my Enemy Index.

SWEET RELEASE TAKE ME

You technically beat it a long time ago, you know.
I can't even imagine having the patience to 100% XCX.

I just called it finished after I beat the story and did all the sidequests/affinity missions.

ONE

SHOW ME SHOW ME SHOW ME SHOW ME

TOO
THREE
FO

No, you aint done until you've filled out the entire collect-o-pedia, finished off every FrontierNav segment, completed every H2H and affinity missions, and beaten every super boss.

I've sunk in too much time. I'm too invested not to complete it.

OVER THE RAINBOW

OUR LAST FIGHT, DO YOU REMEMBER

I forgot H2H, did those too. Even Kung Pao's.

DO YOU KNOW KNOW KNOW KNOW

I don't have the game (yet) but I listen to the soundtrack every day

>HB will never completely saturate your globe

I've been done since February then.
Pre-reqs for all achievements include A True Hero (get a kill on the Global Nemesis), get every holofigure, fill the Collectapedia, do every mission. Getting all the holofigures requires killing all the bosses until they drop figures for instance. I also went through and killed every enemy in the game 3 times so they'd have full information in the enemy database.

*LONG DRAWN OUT MOANING ACCOMPANIED BY ELECTRIC GUITAR AND THE THUNDEROUS STEPS OF MY GIANT METAL LADY STRIDING ACROSS THE BATTLEFIELD*
youtube.com/watch?v=q-ZWPt9Ht44

I'm at ~700 cheevos. Just missed getting the kill Yggralith Zero again, though I took off a fuckton of RP.

I pretty much only have the Annihilator and other various ridiculous achievements left. I don't really feel like butt-blasting Coronids an extra 50 times.

I don't consider the achievements necessary for completion because of how ludicrous some of them are, but >500 should be a given.

ON ME
BLLAHLAHLAHLABLYEEEEE TONEEE

>that steady, pumping beat as you fly towards the giant black disc boss on slyvium
>that unintelligible German orgasm at 1:34 as it starts the laser lightshow

Best boss and best track.

How long did it take you? Just beating the main story and most of the non-grinding sidequests took me over 100 hrs.

~300+ hours. A lot of it was optimizing skells/builds. Getting 100 Ygg/Telethia kills for instance pretty much required a Mastema White Reaper with as much Phys Attack, Opening Dmg as possible and a Zenith Cannon + Deus Claw combo so I could try to two-shot the Telethia (hit it until it's nearly set to change phases, fire off the Zenith, try to force a Cockpit view to refresh my Zenith if I don't get the kill and finish it when it starts phase 2)

What do you guys think the next thing Monolith Soft game is going to be like? Didn't Takahashi's wife leak some info on it?

good lord

OK HOW THE FUCK IM SUPOUSE TO DO LAST BOZE MISSION

FUCKING BOSS IN ITS A FIRE PIT AND ALL THE PARTY JUST JUMP IN THE LAVA AND I GET OWN, THIS IS BAD MAP DESING

>ONE BY ONE always gets praised
>no one ever brings up THIS IS THE DAY WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR
youtube.com/watch?v=iGXr9P34IHM

RUN THROUGH THE COLD OF THE NIGHT

ya that one is a ridiculous jump in difficulty. I ended up recruiting higher level players and even then I didnt win until I found out you can lure him back into the tunnel a ways so your guys wont suicide all the time. Use the party commands to keep them back until you get him in the mouth of the tunnel

test

I think I just outfitted myself in, like, 100% electric resistant armour and cheesed it with the avatar.

Pretty shit boss, tho, I agree.

>That amazing adventure with friends slowly turns into a personal hell roughly 100 hours in

And we've no one to blame but ourselves. Stay strong brother.

Where would I even start if I want to 100% this game? I hear the endgame is mainly grinding for augs for your skells and squad, but which augs?

did Ryyz and Dagahn made it out? ;_;

Don't worry about the future it's all right
Because a better picture we can find~

Sylvalum is easily the best overworld music imo, but there's no vocals to meme.
youtu.be/ajBDGwumWcA

>at the start of the mission Boze says the tyrant they're after has killed Mondo and Saiden
>Mondo and Saiden are Lao's teammates who get killed ostensibly by him so he can betray New LA
>yfw the tyrant is so bullshit that in-universe people use it to commit death by tyrant
The trigger scintimure is some shit, man.

get right resists for armour and right damage weapon, also you can command your AI party to stay close to you

If you really have too much trouble with it and don't have a setup to deal with it, go into your party menu and put Boze at the top of the party list to play as him, and equip the Raijin aura to reflect the enemy's lightning attacks right back at him.

There is autism and there is legit enjoying the game. This is the latter.

Just use a TP move with your 3 Potential Up XX augments equipped. You'll OHKO, unless you're running Long/Dual Swords. Hell, even Dual Guns and Psycho Launchers can do it.

No, both Ryyz and Dagahn died. Dagahn dindu nuffin.

Luxaar > Dagahn > Goetia > Ryyz

this

all these people memeing about optimizing their party and skells and shit. you can literally one shot every enemy in the game by stacking potential

And it works with every set up, too. Even Knives and Javelins can do some serious damage.

I just love how OST grew on people
youtube.com/watch?v=oUl3kUhc73c

That one's really nice, but I think I like Obilivia night more. The part at 1:44 just has that perfect mix of emotion and relaxation. I used to just make poses on that giant ring while taking in the scenery.
youtube.com/watch?v=A0R7wMPZLZs

>A False Hope

What the fuck. Hope didn't deserve this.

I loved every track except for the notorious 3 - 4 at first, but they inevitably grew on me, too.

Still, I think that a lot of the better tracks could've been thrown into NLA to break up the two themes. Maybe have a NLA rainy theme, or a NLA morning theme, or something of the sort.

yeah, sidequests in this game do not joke around

Hope easily had it the roughest out of any of the girls, though they all had it rough.

>Lins parents died building the White Whale
>Mia's parents disappeared while climbing a mountain
>Murderess got Batman'd
>Hope's father got ditched by his wife because of being too nice, and was then murdered
>Irina, Alexa, and Ayy Lmao are the only chicks who didn't have their parents killed before the destruction of Earth

Why do they exist, only to suffer?

Thank guys, i told my avatar in a healer build along with hope and irina in the tunnel and took control of booze with overstacked shock resitance, motherfucker took ages, please tell this is the only case in the game of a fight like this

agreed, fuck that thing forever

too bad the game never fucking tells you how tp works

>Still, I think that a lot of the better tracks could've been thrown into NLA to break up the two themes. Maybe have a NLA rainy theme, or a NLA morning theme, or something of the sort.
agree, or district based music, sometimes you just run in city for a bit too long for various reasons.
I still love night theme tho
youtube.com/watch?v=c_N7WgxEoI8

>One of 4 black people in all of NLA
>He's a criminal
WHO
WOULD
HAVE
THOUGHT?

ayy lmao's whole village was burned to the ground tho

Oblivia was great too. But man, I didn't understand what people meant by "comfy games" till I spent some time chilling on ledges in sylvalum listening to the music watching the xe-doms go about their business. Just how the day version is the sleepy one and it comes alive at night just like the area is just great. Almost all the overworld themes were top tier.

AFAIK, we don't know her backstory. It's just as likely that she's some sort of space cop, a la Jaco, trying to bring down the Friez-Ganglion from the inside.

>please tell this is the only case in the game of a fight like this
depends on when you gotta do some specific sidequests.
you are in for the wild ride for some sidequest bosses

>story leaks earlyon Sup Forums
>never trust story leaks on Sup Forums, i remember the vergilsaur leak
>mostly ignore threads about it up until release day
>Sup Forums ended up being completely spot on about the twists
>including the final double twist
I was both impressed and frustrated with this.

oh wait you were talking about Elma

I thought you meant the one with the big guy

>Xe-doms
>Comfy
Nah, man, the comfiest is chilling on the island in the lake on the floating island in the sky over Oblivia, the one that's shaped like a heart and has two Saltats on it where you get a heart-stone.

>Using Ayy Lmao to refer to Celica
Alternatively
>Implying we know shit about Elmo's backstory

Same. I didn't know this game exist until like a week after it came out, bought it on a whim and it became one of my favourite games in so little time.

Celica? Yeah, she had her home village destroyed, but I think the Ganglion never actually conquered the Qlu'rians, considering that the Qlu'rians are, according to Luxaar himself, the only ones who know how to operate a Trion barrier in the universe, the very same kind that was used to protect the Lifehold Core.

Any time you're fighting those flying tentacle guys (dougills I think they're called) just get 100% elec resistance and they do 1 damage a hit.

i just wanted too get the plot parts im missing
didnt asked for this

so...what other side quest should i get my butt prepared for?

I love me some archeotech mecha, so graceful gliding about looking for someone's skell to fuck up. Slap slap clap clap birds are alright too.

I'm just here waiting for a Switch port to be announced, I really want to play an RPG with giant mechs but I don't to buy a dead console.

IF YOU ARE ROOSING YOUR WAY

This game would be so much better if it's post game boss fights didn't revolve around one hit killing the boss with your skell or dying in a single hit. I want long, intense boss fights. Not ones that are impossible unless you can kill it in one or two hits before it can do it's super ultra fuck you attack that hits a hundred times through your resistances.

Most enemies in the game only have 1, 2 elemental attacks at most. Only the superbosses have more.

Which is why people just run Decoy builds against the superbosses, because fuck trying to max out 3 resistances. You need those augment spots for MORE POTENTIAL

MORE

YOU HAVE 500 POTENTIAL?

MORE

POTENTIAL

WIR HÖREN TICK TACK

Toot-birds are a top tier enemy. I always feel bad killing them. They're like one of three enemies I'll go out of my way not to kill because of how cute they are.

Xe-doms, though, need to give me their Octopus Boards right the fuck now.

>mfw I put 120 hours into this game and I'm going to buy a Switch and do it all again
Literally my GOTY 2015, nothing else came close

I don't know about you, but even with my Ares 90 stacked with Ether Resist/Ultrafauna XX/Anti-Reflect the fight was still god damn long and stressful.

The fact that your attacks give you I-frames actually makes the fight hardcore as fuck.

Yeah I could have spent the extra 50 hours farming a 60 skell with a super weapon but fuck that shit.

>so...what other side quest should i get my butt prepared for?
I think Blood Lobster is the most brutal. Also Definian Downfall is quite tricky.
I've beat game awhile ago so I can't remember others aside of these ones.
They are only available near end of story, so even with maxed out character you'll have some trouble.

The last optional party member's final mission for recruitment comes to mind.

The Rexoskell is probably the hardest enemy in the game that you can't use a skell on, at least in my opinion. I beat the chimera guy easy but the fucking rexoskell is annoying.

It uses EVERY element I believe, drains your TP, hits like a god damn truck, and even has a last ditch enrage mode where it gets 100% evasion. Annoying as shit.

Same here, though I don't think I'll buy the Switch version if there aren't some improvements made. Particularly to the grind. At the very least they should've allowed us to redeem Miranium/money into reward tickets.

I have 13,250,000 cash in reserve, and I actively waste my cash because I don't know what to do with it. I even got that Ma-non shot just so I could pay out 500,000. Even 1,000 cash per reward ticket would be plenty enough to fix the grind problems I have.

>XCX thread without bullying the game
Today is a good day.

>He didn't go lightsaber in a game about space exploration
Geolibrium my man.

Telethia was the only decent one I think, and was only stressful because of the status effects.
I guess I'm comparing the game to XC which had fucking incredible boss fights.

XBX threads popping up here and there ever since FFXV came out. Is FFXV universally hated here now?

>The Rexoskell is probably the hardest enemy in the game that you can't use a skell on, at least in my opinion. I beat the chimera guy easy but the fucking rexoskell is annoying.
No, user, Blood Lobster is way, way harder.
I managed to beat Rexoskell after few tries and via use of terrain, but that fucking Blood Lobster took way, waaaay longer.

I bought Wii U JP Xenoblade X bundle and played hundreds of hours
I bought western release and played even more
And I'll buy Switch port and KILL THOSE GODDAMN PIGLETS

Fuck you guys! You're trying to trick me into playing through this game again.

You know what? Fuck that cheating Nopon whore. It took me literal hours to kill the requisite amount of mephites to get the materials for her horseshit.

I was 100% ready to go full Alex on her ass.

Weird, for me Blood Lobster took like 2 tries while Rexoskell had me banging my head for hours.

Probably comes down to classes/builds.

I can only speak for myself but seeing what was supposed to be a great RPG made me want to play one that was actually great.
Now I'm waiting for the switch port

You've 2 options

Run an insane HP up build (I've seen people with more HP than a fucking Ares 90).

Or run Ghost Walker

user, we are having a nice thread, let's not start shitposting.
I looked forward for FFXV, I really did. I need game to scratch itch left by X. But combat is so lackluster, tons of invisible walls, kinda meh characters - I just can't be bothered with it.

Can't speak for anyone else but I don't hate it, I just don't give a fuck about it since it's got nothing for me going for it. I don't care about some road trip fuccbois. XBX has mecha and sweet sweet booty suits.

Was Nintendo buying Monolith their best decision ever?

>Xenoblade Chronicles
>"Well Evasion was obviously OP as shit. Let's not make that mistake again"

>XCX, 3 years later
>"Guys I have this great idea for an ability..."