Reminder that TLOU is a blatant rip-off

With all the cancerous discussion about TLOU 2 on Sup Forums, I'd like to give you all a friendly reminder that the first game was a plagiarism of the movie (and book) The Road.

The movie is on Netflix, watch it for yourself to see.

Aside from having the same plot and structure, there numerous scenes in the game that are straight up copy pasted from the movie. The ending is even same!

Look at this shit: youtube.com/watch?v=hS_X7JBsnGE

So what movie will TLOU2 rip-off?

Blood Meridian pls

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TIQynsWpBpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>but m-muh daughterfu!
>muh zombies!
>muh giraffes!

Nobody has arguments against this?

FUCKING DELETE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not remotely the same, it does have some of the same window dressing though. You would have to be pants-on-head retarded to think otherwise.

Go ahead and explain how it's not, Sonynigger.

those are elements that the road does not possess, so it's different.

also the fact that it's a video game and you play it

The Road had a girl that was the cure and the father figure stole him away before she was supposed to have surgery?

I read the book and basically the ending is that everyone is fucked and there's nothing that can stop it.

You're a retard OP

Ripping off ideas and putting them in a new medium is still ripping off an idea.

Sony defense force out in full swing tonight.

After some more posts I'll explain to you idiots how blatant it is

So you're saying the game is even worse?

The Road is a depressingly real take on what life we be like after a post-apocalpytic scenario and it focuses on the struggle of the father who is clinging onto life entirely for his son while the son was born into this world and knows nothing other than that, really hammering in the complete innocence and unfairness of the situation.

The Last of Us is a video game where you occasionally shoot people and watch a lot of cutscenes.

thematically the road and the last of us are pretty spectacularly different.

i guess the whole post-apocalypse protective daddy thing is similar.

TLOU2 won't rip off blood meridian though westworld is already doing it

game where you scalp people as the kid and string up dead babies when

Not that guy but:

>Unknown natural disaster
>Barely any human survivors
>No government type presence in the cities
>No zombies or infection
>No resistance or movement
>Ellie can fight, in the Road the boy is almost always helpless
>Not even the same opening
>Everything is in extreme short supply even more than the TLoU
>No organised bandit groups
>Different tone all together

Theres heaps more but you are too much of a faggot to recognise them.

The themes of both are hope and hopelessness

Although in TLOU the message comes off more as "if you kill everyone you meet, it will all work out okay"

>not even 6k views
>2 subs

nice subtle way to shill your channel. fuck off.

It isn't. I'm guessing you haven't read the book, because TLoU and The Road are completely different in tone and setting.

Using your logic, Stalker is even more of a ripoff of The Road.

The Last of Us is a depressingly real take on what life we be like after a post-apocalpytic scenario and it focuses on the struggle of the father figure who is clinging onto life entirely for his surrogate daughter while the daughter was born into this world and knows nothing other than that, really hammering in the complete innocence and unfairness of the situation
The Road is a book where you occasionally fall asleep and read lots of words
That was not the actual plot of TLOU, but do you see how fucking stupid you sound?

>both have cordiceps virus
>Both are set in a barren world destroyed by nuclear fallout or some shit
>both are about a man finding his humanity again through a bond he forges with someone who reminds him of his daughter

Oh Wait, no

But I'm not arguing TLoU is an original idea, if anything I'd say it borrows more heavily from 28 days later

you got BTFO yesterday

Piss off, shill

Are we still crying about TLOUP2?

God shut the fuck up
Has anyone actually deleted anything when demanded too?
kys my man

Cormac McCarthy blatantly says he rips off other books all the time. Hell large parts of Blood Meridian are ripped from Moby Dick.

Brilliant book though.

>he doesn't know about the meme
Fuck off, newfag

>Blood Meridian pls

Can we discuss this book? I always found Judge Holden's 'teachings' on war being the fundamental principle of life really unsettling because it made sense.

What did Sup Forums think of it?

here is the link: youtube.com/watch?v=TIQynsWpBpQ

If his picture didn't clue you in on the fact that he's false flagging in an attempt at humor then I'm sorry to say that you don't belong here.

reminder that McCarthy is a fucking hack and only amerilards like him

>TLOU2 won't rip off blood meridian though westworld is already doing it

What? How?

Cormac McCarthy is a great writer, but like a lot of works, some of his ideas are dated. War means absolutely nothing to the average first world citizen because we're so far removed from any actual conflict.

What makes you say he is a hack?

>What makes you say he is a hack?

ive read his books

>War means absolutely nothing to the average first world citizen because we're so far removed from any actual conflict.

Does the concept of 'war' have to be so strictly characterized with inflicting physical harm onto another? I think war certainly does exist today when we compete for jobs and money. People turn feral and sometimes put everything on the line.

Yes and what makes you say he is a hack?

>Yes and what makes you say he is a hack?

How are you criticising an entire novel when you can't even get a single sentence right?

All TLOU did was clarify the vague aspects of The Road

Why are they traveling south?
>to find a cure

What caused the end of the world?
>gubment made zombies

Why do the man and boy continue to struggle?
>ellie is da cure

>How can you tell who the "good guys" are anymore when nobody trusts each other?
>all bad guys immediately attack you, all good guys immediately help you

What happens when the reason for your journey becomes null? Should you continue on?
>go back to the deus ex machina camp where there's electricity and plenty of food, of course

TLOU is for faggots and normies who can't handle subtlety or meaning

Similarities
>post-apocalyptic world
>father figure and child have to survive while traveling
>bad things happen
That's all, you fucking faggot.

So you're just talking shit then. Thanks for wasting my time.

Personally I feel the ending of the book acknowledged that. Even though the Judge at the end declares "He will never die." It's clear from the preceding events that the West was beginning to become tame. Followed by the epilogue where a man is building a fence, representing the fencing of the United States frontier.

TLOU was just a shitty rip-off of this movie. Prove me wrong

>protip you can't

what did he mean by this...?

This is the dumbest thread I've ever seen here, and if it's a ruse then I congratulate you.

They're heading south because it leads to the gulf, IIRC.

>dae smurt poast from smurt persun

Pretty sure they were heading south in the book because it was getting colder

Well that's the basic plot of both, but also the themes are the same, the message is supposed to be the same, and there plenty of vistas and scenes directly ripped off from the movie

>Cannibal gang rolling up in a truck
>Ebil cannibal man takes child hostage, father must comfort child (the dialogue is even nearly the same in this part)
>Cannibal chase and hunt
>Buildings, boats, roads, cars, all extremely visually similar
>The ending scene

It also rips off Children of Men quite a bit.

TLOU is easily one of the most overrated games ever made.

It borrows from a lot of source material from what I can tell, I hated the game and never actually got anywhere in it, so this is just from what I gather.

The Road
28 Days Later
Zombie movies in general (not really thematically, but in setting)
Children of Men

I'm sure there's lots of other shit, which doesn't necessarily make it a bad thing, all media takes reference and notes from its predecessors. It's just an argument of if it's shamelessly copying and has no original will of its own, or if it merely reflects the sources to make something good.

Mad you got BTFO?

pic related

>Well that's the basic plot of both
That's an overstatement, or you're understating how basic that is. I guess they both have central conflicts where are resolved through the events of the story. What a ripoff!

Anyway, I don't remember the details that you mentioned, but I think The Road featured fewer cities, (I think none), while TLoU has several and mostly took place in them.

Is the Judge man or a physical manifestation of the concept of war?

You raise an interesting point. He declares "he will never die" but from what you raised, he is slowly dying. Is he in denial?

>Cormac McCarthy is a great writer

The exact reply I expected.
If you re-read my post you might realize that I'm not making arguements, I'm just mocking you for the way you type is all.
My actual input on the subject is that there are simply too many post-apocalyptic survival stories that focus on the same things so comparisons between works become meaningless.

Don't do that me to me you homo, the only reason I said it was basic is because your original post was simplistic. The plot similarities could easily be expanded

>Father figure and child must survive while traveling a dangerous road filled with cannibals and bandits, while supplies are very limited and hard to come by. There are multiple times when they narrowly escape danger, including just barely escaping a house filled with cannibals. The father has lost someone precious to him and so relies on the child for support and hope. Their relationship strengthens throughout the tale, with the child showing the father compassion and innocence that he had somewhat forgotten. He will go to any lengths to protect the child. Their journey leads them through a post apocalyptic world where we see abandoned buildings, cars, boats, and people who have committed suicide out of despair. They encounter some other travelers who do not wish them harm, but the father is wary and paranoid, while the child is naive and accepting. Eventually, they arrive at their destination, only to find that it wasn't what they had expected. The story ends on a an unsure note for the future.

Oh you don't remember the details I mentioned? How convenient. Fuck you, guy

>Is the Judge man or a physical manifestation of the concept of war?

As previously posted, Blood Meridian borrows a lot from Moby Dick, the Judge probably being based upon Moby Dick. But within Moby Dick the whale itself is highly ambiguous in its meaning. On the one hand people attribute supernatural and metaphysical traits to it because we don't understand it, on the other once we demystify it, we learn that it's just another thing in the world. So to borrow from Melville, the Judge is and isn't another person or the physical manifestation of war:

>Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way? Or is it, that as in essence whiteness is not so much a color as the visible absence of color; and at the same time the concrete of all colors; is it for these reasons that there is such a dumb blankness, full of meaning, in a wide landscape of snows- a colorless, all-color of atheism from which we shrink?

But I don't think the Judge is in denial about war, as someone else posted war is distant to those in the first world. The Judge clearly being well traveled knows that war will simply shift to a new place. I think it's a good example in the book McCarthy wrote after Blood Meridian, All The Pretty Horses, is about a guy basically searching for what can be found in Blood Meridian.

Fuck you

99% of them are zombie apocalypse, but just because the settings are almost always the same, doesn't mean the works don't have different themes, characters, and plots that can be compared. You can't just write off an entire genre because you deem all the works within it to be too similar

jesus

Last of Us directly steals more from the Children of Men film than it does The Road.

>while supplies are very limited and hard to come by.
This was included under my "survive part." Whether they used supplies or not redundant, as how else would they survive?

>There are multiple times when they narrowly escape danger
Isn't this a little generla?

>Their relationship strengthens throughout the tale
There was more development between the TLoU than in The Road.

>Fuck you, guy
Temper.

Anyway, I'm not defending TLoU's plot, only say you have to describe it in very general terms to support the charge of plagiarism. No doubt TLoU's plot is better for a video game, and can support a longer story. There are similarities and the movie probably influenced the game, but not to the extent of a plagiarism charger being supported.

Please don't link movies when you're talking about books.

Everything is a rip off OP.

In the last 5000 years of storytelling everything has been done. TLOU was inspired by a ton of movies and books. Like pic related.

>the movie (and book)

it's a fucking book you piece of shit normie

when will normies stop referring to movie adaptations of books as the primary version

oh right, you god damn pieces of shit would rather watch a 90 minute movie than ever pick up a damn book in your life

fuck you

There is literally -nothing- left of the world in The Road. The entire biosphere is gone, there is no vegetation, and no hope whatsoever for literally anyone in the story, other than -possibly- the boy and the family that finds him.

Humanity will never recover in The Road and the ending is largely just a satisfying ending for the boy himself. There are no resources, and virtually no life, whatsoever, so much so that when the boy finds a small beetle he can't even believe what he's seeing. That's how dead the world in The Road is. At one point, a group devours a recently born infant one of their own women birthed because they have no other food.

The Last of Us is a far, far happier place to live and the only problems are other people and the zombies, which would be way easier to deal with than the overwhelmingly dead world of The Road.

There are no monsters in The Road save other people, the disaster is never explained or elaborated upon, there is no possible fixing of said disaster like there is in TLoU, and resources are so scarce that the man never finds anymore than 3 or 4 bullets for his gun.

I blame the education system. And the current zeitgeist champions ignorance.

Trump is "our guy" because he doesn't know shit and can't point Syria on a map.

Most people are too fucking stupid to read. They just sit there with their jaws slack and watch tv.

easy cornmealman drone

I really disagree with this image, Hagrid isn't a mentor, he's an oaf, Harry's dad and Harry being good at quidditch is irrelevant to the plot, Harry learns his skills from years at school, not from a mentor, there is no plight or impending threat like the Empire in HP until the very end, Luke and co. don't really befriend Leia, their goal is to rescue her at first, Darth Vader is not nearly the threat Voldemort is built up to be, etc etc etc

However I don't see how you could say that the comparisons drawn between TLOU and The Road aren't excruciatingly similar.

>supplies
Mentioned because it is an important aspect of the game and movie. The man in the movie explicitly mentions "food, always food" and it is shown they are starving several times. In the game you it's a big part of the gameplay to conserve bullets and other supplies. (On harder difficulties anyway.)

>danger
Yeah it's a little generic, but you seem to be ignoring the "cannibals and bandits" part. It's the same danger in both.

>relationship
I hate when people say that there was more development in TLOU. Joel is a dick to Ellie until they have that argument in the ranch house, then the chapter ends and they're sweethearts to each other. It's not a slow build up, it's abrupt. Same thing in the Winter chapter, Joel is unconscious for weeks(?) but he's ready to murder whole town for Ellie, his baby girl, when just like two months ago he was ready to drop her off and be done with it? Where is the development? Ellie's quirky comments? Joel seems exasperated by them. Joel seems frustrated that she doesn't listen to him. Point the strong development out to me, because I don't see it.

No, you don't have to speak in super general terms to see the connections between TLOU and The Road. It's very obvious and blatant.

>With all the cancerous discussion about TLOU 2

Jesus can you get anymore pathetic? Just hide the threads if they trigger you so much

>S-STOP TALKING ABOUT GAMES I DON'T LIKE!!!!

And Uncharted is a rip-off of Indiana Jones.

but Stalker is a ripoff of Roadside Picnic you utter fucking pleb

The Road was a painfully mediocre movie, theres was just nothing going on the entire time.

Look at this kid.

We're shown in the ending of The Road that there is something left. A dog, more children, a future. It's not a satisfying ending for the boy, it's a satisfying ending for the audience. The whole tale is filled with hopelessness and despair, then the end presents us with the opposite.

The disaster is never explained, how do you know it can't be fixed?

If TLOU is a happy place with more resources and less to worry about, why have the cannibal town and Ishmael's story? Both seem to convey some pretty awful despair.

Why does Joel kill everyone he meets?

>The Road
>post-apocalyptic movie
>TLoU
>post-apocalyptic game

The similarities end here.

Troll or faglord, maybe both, but just read the thread

Haven't played the Last of Us.
Can you eat new born babies in the game?

The plots are completely different, there is nothing to read or discuss. You're just autistic.

Main characters don't but in the game there's a cannibal town with a cannibal pedophile as the leader (voiced by Nolan North) so he probably did

Andrei Tarkovsky is a lot like Stanley Kubrick in that he takes very generic and uninteresting source material and then turns it into high art.

Sometimes the movie is better than the book, stop getting snobby about art medium in order to convince yourself you're smarter than the """""normies"""""

Almost every fucking post-apocalyptic setting has a group of cannibals...

Dude asked a question, I gave an answer

>Hagrid isn't a mentor, he's an oaf
He assists Harry in coming to Hogwarts and tell him about his past, similar to Ben, so he's more than an "oaf," but a mentor is overstating things.

>Harry's dad and Harry being good at quidditch is irrelevant to the plot
Harry's dad and by extension his mother was the reason why Harry was marked in the first place, and also Harry's status as an orphan and is living with his muggle extent family, who are hostile to his wizard status, so its very essential to the plot. The Quidditch aspect isn't important to the plot per se, but I'm only pointing out similarities.

> Harry learns his skills from years at school, not from a mentor
And Luke didn't learn to pilot from Ben.

>there is no plight or impending threat like the Empire in HP until the very end
There's also no goal of finding a cure in The Road, yet you continue to main the plagiarism charge.

>Luke and co. don't really befriend Leia
This seems like splitting hairs. They end up rather friendly, with Leia embracing Luke after he returns.

>Darth Vader is not nearly the threat Voldemort is built up to be
Voldemort isn't built up to be a threat at all. He's supposed to be dead.

>However I don't see how you could say that the comparisons drawn between TLOU and The Road aren't excruciatingly similar.
The ones you mentioned were mostly perfectly natural for the circumstances and again, don't come close to supporting a change of plagarism.

>Mentioned because it is an important aspect of the game and movie.
Okay, I still included it by saying they were trying to "survive." This is important in nearly every post-apocalyptic movie with realism, (i.e., not Turbo Kid).

> "cannibals and bandits"
This would be a part I forgot. TLoU adds zombies, which, however played they are in pop culture, is a clear difference from The Road.

>Point the strong development out to me, because I don't see it.
I didn't say there was strong development, just more than what was in The Road. They go from hating to caring for each other, which was a more significant change than what happened in The Road.

>It's very obvious and blatant.
Almost all the similarities you mentioned I would expect from them having post-apocalyptic setting where one character is the father figure of another and they have to survive. There aren't zombies in The Road, we learn more about what caused the apocalypse in The Road, TLoU gives the characters an explicit goal, neither of the two characters die, it takes place over a much longer period, cities make a much larger park of TLoU, one of the characters make a choice to save the other as opposed to humanity, the younger character developed more independence in TLoU than in The Road, and probably other things I could mention if I had seen either in the last several years.

You aren't coming close to supporting the charge of plagiarism, which should be a very serious one.

Are you a fucking retard?

I will say that TLoU comes across as stale when compared to the Road, even though I think the similarities you mentioned are mostly incidental, i.e., when they chose their similar premise, they would naturally would have had similar events, and I think TLoU changes more from what The Road did than enough to justify its existence, and far what should be required to be considered plagiarism.

I'm saying this when I don't remember TLoU being better than a very standard survival story that's very good for a video game, but rather middling in the scheme of things.

Are you actually dumb enough to think that any video game is original and doesn't borrow ideas from something else? Who the fuck cares if it took certain ideas from a book.

this

>Go ahead and explain how it's not
The initial claim is that they are the same, how about bringing up some evidence to that effect first?

You're really shifting things around to try to make that HP/SW image work. I still disagree with it.

>Hagrid
He tells Harry that's he's a wizard, and that his parent were wizards, then takes him to a train station and leaves. The next time we see Hagrid he has his own plight and it has nothing to do with training or developing Harry's history.

>Quidditch
The image is trying to compare Harry's flying skills and Luke's flying skills. Harry being good at quidditch doesn't affect the plot, whereas Luke being a good pilot is how the resolution of the plot is achieved.

>Learning
Harry learns wizard training at school, not from Hagrid, but Luke starts learning Jedi training from Kenobi, furthering the conclusion that two are not interchangeable as your image suggests. Your statement that Luke didn't learn to fly from Ben is circumventing this. Harry didn't learn to fly from Hagrid.

>impending threat
The image suggests Slytherin and the Empire are interchangeable, and again, it doesn't work or make sense. Slytherin is like a playful rival, where the Empire is the source of the main conflict and the goal of the story is to thwart them. What is the main conflict of Philosopher's Stone? There really isn't one, it's a tale of the adventures during their first year. As for The Road and TLOU, TLOU just made clear what was vague. Their goal in the road is to find something better, hope. The goal in TLOU is the same, they just removed the subtlety and uncertainty by telling us their definitely is a cure. (but they don't use it anyway, leading to the same ending in both)

>Leia
No this is not splitting hairs, Leia and Hermione are not remotely comparable or interchangeable at all. I don't feel like I need to go into detail here because everything about them is different, especially how they meet.

>Darth Vader/Voldemort
Throughout the entire book we are told about how evil Voldy is, to the point where people won’t even say his name. There are multiple characters who believe he is still alive and still evil, and that he’ll come back. He is a constant point during the story, leading to the big reveal at the end. I don’t see how you could say he isn’t built up at all.

I’m sorry I know we’re supposed to be arguing about The Road but goddamn that image triggered me.

read the thread

>theres was just nothing going on the entire time.
I'm sure that was the point of the story. the world is gone, everything is empty and depressing. the novel is told in the most simplistic style to emphasise this.

Go back to your fucking home, Sup Forumsmblr Universe faggot

>He tells Harry that's he's a wizard, and that his parent were wizards, then takes him to a train station and leaves. The next time we see Hagrid he has his own plight and it has nothing to do with training or developing Harry's history.
Okay. Rephrase it to, "tell him his father was a Wizard and starts him off in his adventure to become one," and it fits.

> Harry being good at quidditch doesn't affect the plot, whereas Luke being a good pilot is how the resolution of the plot is achieved.
It's still pointing out similarities between the stories, regardless of whether one skill is more important to the plot than another. The part where the couple, "arrive at their destination, only to find that it wasn't what they had expected," is very different in both stories.

>Harry didn't learn to fly from Hagrid.
And Luke didn't learn to fly from Ben.

>The image suggests Slytherin and the Empire are interchangeable, and again, it doesn't work or make sense.
No, it doesn't suggest anything, just showing how Luke and Harry's roles were similar. You seem to have completely disregarded in your analysis the important differences in goals between the couples. Likewise, this images relies strictly how the roles of the characters are similar.

>There really isn't one
Sure there is. Strange shit is happening at Hogwarts and it's up to our heroes to figure out what's causing it. This is obviously resolved at the end.

>Their goal in the road is to find something better, hope.
Awfully vague. I can't even remember if they said why they were going in a particular direction. Because of the beach? Well, in TLoU, they're trying to cure humanity. They're united only by going in a particular direction, so I guess the similarity in that vague way is still there.

>Leia and Hermione are not remotely comparable or interchangeable at all.
They are in the sense that she's Harry's friend and there's three protagonists. You could say Ellie is also very different from the boy in The Road, based on her relationship with the guy, (who's name I can't remember), her initial attitude toward him, her purpose in the story, the degree of independence she has, etc. The similarity is greater, I'll allow, between Ellie and the kid, but nearly to the extent that you can call it plagiarism.

>Scarce supplies
My point is that it's a big element of the story in both The Road and TLOU. You say it's an important element in every post-apocalypse story with realism, but like what?
The Walking Dead? They find food and supplies pretty easily there. I'm not saying your wrong, you're just not giving examples.

>Zombies
C'mon... It's a clear difference because they added zombies? If I add sprinkles to a poop does differentiate it imperatively from other poops?

>Development
I think I illustrated well enough that there wasn't much development in TLOU. As you said, they go from hating each other to loving each other (very abruptly). In The Road, the development is much more subtle. The boy teaches the man compassion and kindness, the man tries to teach the boy hardiness. They already loved each other, so the development is a little bit deeper, they are both learning what it means to exist in their world.

>Blatant
I reiterate that the theme, plot, message, visuals, and structure are all the same. You're saying you expect all these things to be similar, but you're not giving any examples of other post apocalyptic stories that have so many similar aspects. All the tings you pointed out are extremely trivial.

>Zombies
I mentioned this
>Learn about the apocalypse
But this doesn't change the plot in any way in TLOU. You could remove the intro and say there's Zombies now, we don't know why, and everything would play out the same.
>goal
Same goal in both, mentioned.
>neither character dies
>cities
>longer period
These are all trivialities that have nothing to do with the plot! Sprinkles! I mentioned the development. I think you have a point with Joel's choice, but there was absolutely never any question that he would not choose Ellie, so there is no dilemma.

They find one guy who possibly takes the boy somewhere relatively safe.

It can't be fixed by picking apart a girl's brain for a magic cure, the entire biosphere is dead and that would take hundreds if not thousands upon thousands of years to fix. The world that would come from that would not be anything like the one lost.

In TLoU there's nature everywhere. Everything is alive. The government was still standing, it had just lost substantial territory. As long as you stayed in a government zone and didn't play freedom fighter, they even went so far as to feed and house you.

Nobody was doing that in The Road.

>you're just not giving examples.
Children of Men, The Book of Eli, The Omega Man, Damnation Alley

>It's a clear difference because they added zombies?
Yes, there is. We get an explanation of how the apocalypse game, what Ellie is supposed to be used to cure, what the guy, (I'll call him "Nathan" from now on), preferred to let people turn into than sacrificing Ellie to cure, and scenes are different with them than without. It's like asking how cannibals make The Road different than a survival movie that didn't have it.

>In The Road, the development is much more subtle.
It's more subtle, but it's less. You can keep on explicating how they're different, but you only show my point that it's larger in TLoU, or different.

>I reiterate that the theme, plot, message, visuals, and structure are all the same.
The themes are the same, the plot is literally not the same, with the goal being different, the visuals are certainly not the same, with TLoU giving more variety and exploring entire, larger cities that have been abandoned. Even the seasons change. As for structure, I don't remember TLoU well enough to say, but I certainly don't remember any point where a larger stretch of time, (weeks or months), and Ellie is separated from Nathan for quite some time before they meet up again. Then there's the whole existence of an organization trying to cure humanity and give the couple their goal, which obviously has no equivalent in The Road.

>But this doesn't change the plot in any way in TLOU
Again, it helps explain the goal. Call it unsubtle if you want, but that's partially why it's there.

>Same goal in both, mentioned.
No, in The Road, it's to survive, while in TLoU, it's to cure humanity. They're goth going in a particular direction, but by that logic, the goals of Goofy Movie and Mad Max: Furry Road are the same because they're both going somewhere.

You are not refuting my points against this image adequately. I know you're trying to point out my hypocrisy but really, man, I'm not seeing it.

Joel and the Man are much more similar than Hagrid and Ben.

Harry being good at flying means nothing, Luke being good at flying is part of the plot. They arrive at Firefly HQ only to be met with more despair and hopelessness. Ellie has to die. They arrive at the coast only to be met with more despair and hopelessness. The man dies.

Harry didn't learn anything from Hagrid, that is the point. He was told that he's a wizard, but Harry already suspected something like this anyway. The man and the boy learn from and teach each other. Joel and Ellie learn from and teach each other. Some examples of the things they learn would be trust, compassion, and hope.

Slytherin are not the forces of evil. Harry does not impede Slytherin's plan to rule the galaxy. The Empire provides the source of the main conflict. Luke is the key to resolving the source of conflict. You said it yourself, there is no "main conflict" in HP, it's bunch of smaller tales. Harry resolves some of these. The main conflict the man and the boy face is the exact same as what Joel and Ellie face. Cannibals bandits, scarcity. It's resolved in the same way as well. TLOU adds zombie sprinkles though.

Yeah, I said it was vague. TLOU just removed the vagueness. The similarity is more than just "they are traveling in a particular direction" and I have pointed it out many times. Remove the fact that the game told us there is a cure. Everything plays out the same. "We're going to find the fireflies because there might be something there." "We're going to find the coast because there might be something there." It's about the journey, and in both they are supposed to find hope when they reach their destination. And in both, they do. It's the same.

Yes in SW and HP they receive both receive awards at the end, but the

result of how they got those awards, the perils they encountered, the significance of those perils, the relationships that developed, the lesson they learned, it's all completely different.

In TLOU and The Road, when they reach the end of the journey, the perils, development, lessons, message, it's all the same.

After re-reading my posts and your posts I would like to concede that while very similar, there are not enough similarities between The Road and TLOU for TLOU to be called a plagiarism.

However, I remain steadfast that those two are much, much more similar than Harry Potter and Star Wars.

Thank you for providing discussion

Pretty much, whatever though. Didn't hold my attention long enough to finish tutorial.

>Movie games + hug the wall

nope with a 10 foot pole.