Adopted mom doesn't know how to cook

>Adopted mom doesn't know how to cook
>Buys cookies and said she made them because she wants to give Sera the happy life other children have with mothers who bake cookies
>This triggers Sera and causes her to dedicate her life to killing nobles

That's not right, is it? There got to be more to it than that.

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/ea-games-remove-manveer-heir-from-his-position-at-ea-games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wouldn't know, I don't play shit games.

What an ugly shitty character

Why'd they make her so goddamn ugly? Surely no lesbian would be attracted to this.

Sera is a genuinely bad person, and that Bioware doesn't recognize that is a little disturbing.

but user she's quirky so all is forgiven

She's a dyke, she can do no wrong.

>we want to make a character that is all about "punching up"
>loves killing the rich and powerful
>we can't involve any sexual violence or too tragic events tho
That's what you get.

Between Sera and what they've said of her so far, I'm curious to see how much of a massive cunt the Asari in MEA is gonna be.

At least Sera could be told to fuck off at any point, and you could call her out on how useless and destructive she is (not that she'll listen).

That's a real character? Jesus christ, who though this would be a good idea ever? Looks like a meth baby

>Sera is 'Red Jenny' the collective identity of the downtrodden and marginalised in society whose actions of murder, theft and crime is excused because she's 'punching up'

What did Bioware mean by this?

Not all characters need to be good people. Sera is an annoying, vicious cunt and you can tell her to fuck off at any time you choose (or not even recruit her in the first place). Personally, I romanced her because I heard she had the best sex scene, and she's a typical tsundere type once you get in her pants.

Leiliana was a far bigger cunt than her anyway, but I liked her that way, so I encouraged it.

>Red Jenny

Sounds like some kind of feminist menstrual thing

Knowing Bioware it probably is.

But the writers clearly intend for you to like her, for her to be seen as a good, lovable person.

BASED

Get out, Pajeet.

Considering just how much you can tell her that her shits all retarded I do believe that Bioware had some awareness of how dumb her character is.

I don't think that's true. There's really no reason to sympathise or even engage with Sera unless you choose to. It takes a lot of talking to her to get to see her better side. She's presented in a typically-simplistic BRILLIANT SMART FUNNY COOL AWESOME manner like all Bioware party members, but that's because Bioware have bad writers full stop.

Also this. You can tell her that she's a retarded cunt pretty much every step of the way. I feel like people who really hated Sera either didn't play the game (you missed nothing) or did and enabled her bullshit. That's on you.

Why can't western devs design attractive characters?

Dragon Age doesn't have attractive ANYTHING.

Weren't Bioware trying to make a statement with leaving the characters little imperfections intact? I remember reading an interview or something where they said that it was a design decision to make the characters not conventionally attractive.

Am I the only one that finds the dike elf attractive? What the fuck is wrong with me?

she's a woman
only white males can be bad people

There is nothing wrong with you, even a potato elf is fuckable enough for one of wild sex followed by a heavy dose of regret and shame in the morning.

Her sex scene is the best one. Only available for dyke Inquisitors though.

I mean if i'm drunk as fuck and don't have to see her face i wouldn't say no but in a 'lights on, not under the covers, her one inch from face' kind of way, fuck no.

>Sera is a genuinely bad person, and that Bioware doesn't recognize that is a little disturbing.
But thats wrong.
Shes the only character in your party you can kick out, and shes universally hated by everybody in your party.
Shes actually evil, and shes called out on it and you can call her out on it and have dialogue options to do it.

Most people who commend on her never played the game, she is not supposed to be a good person, whether or not you accept her is up to you.
nope, that all
She just an awful selfish person. Her hypocrisy is brought up multiple times in the game.

I wouldn't know, I don't play shit games.

Quality bantz. Pissy White people btfo

>Most people who commend on her never played the game

I will grant you, I never use sera on my part, neither I use Viviene, the elf is a total cunt, the other is ass kissing cunt endless munching on Cassandra pussy because she has ties with nobles families and then turning around and shit talking blackwall because he is just a free soldier.

Honestly a lot of females are in dragon age are incredibly unlikeable.

DLCs worth it?

Vanilla was kind whatver, breathed thorugh it, romanced Sera and...end boss sucked

>shes universally hated by everybody in your party

Vivienne's bantz are pretty good tbqh if you have both of them with you.

Cassandra and Josephine are the only likeable female characters really. Maybe Morrigan, depending on your view of her. Vivienne is funny, but a cunt. Leiliana can apparently be turned nice again, but I chose to make her a sociopath instead.

There's a difference between imperfect and fuck ugly, I wish Bioware knew that.

>Manveer's game is lead by a white family

The Descent is long stretches of boring combat, but you do get David Hayter playing a dwarven Solid Snake for half of it and that's pretty fun. Jaws of Hakkon is really boring and irrelevant to anything else. Trespasser is the actual ending to the game and the reason the main game ends with such a wet fart.

She is a member of the commoner class attacking and murdering members of the Elite class.

Am I supposed to revile her or something?

>character is described to concept artist
>character is being iterated on until all the frowny faces from the other designers in the room disappear
>character is finalized in engine
The thing is regular character design usually works like this and Bioware basically set the tone and direction of the first design in stone and only made very minor changes.

Do they add a lot of RPG moments like deicsions or conversations or further character relationships or is it just get mission-kill stuff?

Only in Trespasser, which is the only one I recommend spending money on. Jaws of Hakkon is nothing BUT generic go here, kill this, collect that type gameplay, but has a ton of new party banter recorded for it, should you care about that. The Descent is just one long quest with a moderately-interesting story that's padded out by endless combat and doesn't end up amounting to much.

I just wanna die!

>Honestly a lot of females are in dragon age are incredibly unlikeable.But cant deny them having a lot of charcter.
Yeah Vivienne is a bit of a stuck up bitch, and while Cassandra is a bit self centered she a likable person.
Solas is a traitor, same goes for Iron Bull.

Still, Dorian, Cassandra, Iron Bull, Varric and Viviane make for a likable bunch together.
Sera is a unlikable crazy bitch.
Solas is boring as shit and has bigger ego than anybody could handle.
Cole is a waste of space.
Blackwall is ... Blackwall.

Overall they make for a good party. You can literally pick any type of charter you want. The evil companion, the gay companion, the best bro companion, the shy female companion.
What i like is that they are all mature, fucking tired of those 15yo edgy fucks.

Wish Cole was swapped for another female companion, he comes in too late and really sticks out like he dosnt fit in.
But i guess that what all the non companion characters are in the base you can romance and hang out with for.

I know way more about this game than I did before, because of this post.

It's just a safety net excuse.

Wait that's why she's an obnoxious cunt? How'd you find out her backstory?

Yeah you dyke, dykes can do no wrong.

>krokodil
my sides. based slavs

It's a cute analogy that sums up her impoverished upbringing. C'mon lad.

>adopted mom doesn't know how to cook
>she finds this humiliating
>buys cookies and tells Sera she made them
>badmouths the chef who made them for her, tells little elf child that the chef hates her for being an elf despite the fact that the chef is helping her out
>convinces Sera all these years to torment the baker until she finally finds out the truth
>decides to dedicate her life towards taking down people who would use their power to stir the rage pot of dumb cunts to their political advantage
Gee, I don't know user

wow your right, this literally doubles my knowledge on the game. before this all i knew was her name was sera and you can get fucked by the bull

>look up who wrote her
>
Dragon Age Wiki
Dragon Age Series
Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age II
Dragon Age: Inquisition
DLC
Novels
Comics
Gameplay
World
Community
On the Wiki
Contribute
Lukas Kristjanson
12,580PAGES ON
THIS WIKI Add New Page Edit Talk4 Share
Lukas Kristjanson is a senior writer for BioWare. His first work for BioWare was as a writer for the original Baldur's Gate, released in 1998. He was the lead writer and a designer on the sequel, Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.[1] Other writing credits include Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast, MDK2, Baldur's Gate: Throne of Bhaal, Neverwinter Nights, Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide, Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect, and Mass Effect 2.

What the fuck

Is she dabbin?

Opinions change, styles change, people change. Just look at the industry in general. 10-15 years ago almost every developer was asking "how can we make this more sexy, more blood and more crass but still get an M rating?" and today everyone is like "how can we make this less offensive and more inclusive?" Shit changes.

>Using a toilet is something most people take for granted - but about 1.1 billion people around the world defecate in the open because they do not have access to proper sanitation.

>Around 590m people defecate in the open in India

Literally half the open shitters in the world is from India.

I was a rogue so I didn't even use her. My preferred my party was the two snobby mages and blackwall so the mages just made fun of poor barn people the entire game.

Morrigan turned out decent, even in Cisquisition. The only thing wrong was that she had smaller tits.

What is he thinking about, Sup Forums?

probably who to kill first when he finally shows his true colors

When you realize not all characters are meant to get along with everyone and that she's a stand in for the uneducated commoners of the setting it's honestly not that bad. She isn't portrayed as intelligent or noble at any point in the game and she's portrayed as an shortsighted simpleton or outright wrong more often than not. Anyone who says otherwise probably has not played the game or did not listen to any of the characters present in any of the scenes she was in. The majority of reactions a player has availble to them in all of interactions with her are either baffled, disapproving, or hostile unless you make an effort to be her friend which requires you to agree with her incorrect, according to everything ingame, worldview.

Can you imagine him trying to pitch a mixed race family to investors and being told very politely to fuck off?

He's either thinking of tight lavellan pussy or genocide or both.

Solas is a good character.

if humans were second class citizens who were either glorified slaves or tribesmen rolling around in their own shit, wouldn't you do anything to change the situation

I think that's how he turned his anger into his tweets.

ugly people settle for other ugly people.

shit even insecure cute people settle for ugly people.

pic related is the only reason why I played that horrible game till the end.

AND I HAD NO REGRETS!
NO REGRETS!

Solas is trying to restore what is left of his people, can't fault the fucker for that, but the rest of the races aren't gonna take it lying down. He'll have earn his place at the top.

I found the game enjoyable in the same way I purposely get drunk and watch shitty movies with friends. I regret paying full price for it though. I hadn't played dragon age 2 and didn't realize how different the game would be from part 1.

>Leiliana was a far bigger cunt than her anyway, but I liked her that way, so I encouraged it.

maybe because she was your fucking spy master AND master assassin?

It's like saying the peopl in charge of CIA, MI6 must be nice guys.

Its ironic since elves live in pathetic ruins and dead traditions allowing rest of their culture to rot and die.

it's ok to have Robin Hood style character in your team. She was just plain retarded doing it (and her organization was even more retarded).

>Right after sex with new lover

>"Let me tell you of the one other guy I ever fucked and loved, his name was..."

Jesus, Cass.

>worst fear
>doesn't want to die alone

he is our guy.

>Iron bull is a traitor

Did you even ride the bull bro?

That argument doesn't work because Leiliana was ALREADY a spy and an assassin in the first two games, yet still an inherently nice and kind person. The fact that she's broken in Inquisition is literally a game mechanic. You can either turn her back into a nice person or encourage her to be a ruthless sociopath, depending on your dialogue choices whilst talking to her and during her personal quest.

she is quirky as fuck and she had a hard time trying to show affection to other people.

I just wanted to romance her after that scene about Varrick's novel.

PURE FUCKING LOVE.

I was honestly super salty that I couldn't romance her as a female Inquisitor.

Did you check out Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker?

>Saves Humans (possibly all other races from elves)
>Humans treat elves like shit
>Regrets what he did big time
>He knows saving his people will probably start a war, but believes what he is doing is right.

We bear the sins of our fathers, the dread wolf will collect the cost of our sins in our blood

You get Sera instead. Rejoice!

I know, but it doesn't change that her personality is ok for the time Inquisition happened. The story of DAO was like 10 years before Inquisition, she has worked as a spy master protecting the female pope of her religion.

I have to admit thought that Bioware could do more about her.

At least Sera's sex scene is the one with the most T&A out of any of them.

I prefer dark skinned ambassador.

You get to hold hands and kisses.

Yuri love is the best love.

>Blame the dominance of your species/race/gender
Not my fault I'm the best

>Blame the dominance
Says the curryman.

how to grow hair and a beard

>We didn't get a QT 3.14 drawf romance because Gaider thought it bordered pedophilia

>We didn't get an amazonian qunari romance because Gaider thought it was objectification and cultural fetizisation

Might get good romances now that this fucker is gone.

I only find her attractive because she reminds me of Evangeline and then I just fap to Evangeline.

POO

What the fuck is DA:4 gonna be about? Kicking Solas in the nuts?

who do i send emails to get this racist fired? bioware or EA?

Silly user, you can't be racist against white people.

Fpbp

Holy shit is that true? Seriously thank god he's gone. Although I'd actually be surprised if EA still greenlit more Dragon Age games. I would imagine Inquisition flopped hard if they never showed any sales numbers.

change.org/p/ea-games-remove-manveer-heir-from-his-position-at-ea-games

get em fired for the lols.

Assuming the forth one even happens.

It ain't gonna matter. He targeted the acceptable group. His bosses already know of his behavior and is fine with it. Pretty funny how this comes from Bioware who's as PC as can be.

but not in fiction, that's the point

as evidenced by the replies in this thread

My guess:

Most likely about Quinari vs Tevinter.

They will be like "Oh an elven god? But this war is more important!"

Then Solas fucks their shit up.

During the game you meet a female human, you all do bad ass shit together.

Female human is like "You are strong, I am andraste, I choose you to stop the coming war"

You see solas at the end and the fade rift breaks for good, causing spirits and demons to flood the world.

Credits, to be continued game 5

My biggest problem with the way she's written is that it's not like Justinia's death was the first great loss she'd been through. Her mentor betrayed and tried to murder her, and at least in my game she lost her true love in the Warden. Yet she came through that okay and was normal in The Exiled Prince, then is suddenly cold and uncaring in Inquisition right out of the gate.

I guess third time's the charm in terms of being mind broken by traumatic events.

Play Trespasser. It sets up the fourth game. Or just watch a playthrough on Jewtube.

not buying ttheir shit anymore then.